(Topic ID: 86828)

"Game of Thrones" Pinball - who should make it?

By HENSBROOKER

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who does making making Pinballs best?”

• STERN 24 votes
      56%
    • JJP 15 votes
      35%
    • Heighway Pinball 0 votes
    • Skit-B 3 votes
      7%
    • Multimorphic 1 vote
      2%

(43 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Theme: GAME OF THRONES
    Size: Widebody
    Production: 1.000 pcs (max).
    Release: Q3 2015 (for real).
    Price: Unknown yet, but competitive.

Manufacturer: .... (?)

Kick-ass!!

=======================

I've been reading several threads and there is a lot of commenting on the behavior of the several pinball manufacturers we have in play today. Most is spoken about pricing. (pre-)payment plans, delivery dates, sneak previews, updates and so on. I'd like to hear more constructive info on the pinball creators of today by announcing a fictive theme + price + delivery as mentioned (so NO discussion about that please)...

So, assume these SPECS ARE FIXED & REAL, which MANUFACTURER would you like to see building this machine?
    - Stern, SkitB, JJP, DP, Spooky, Planetary Pinball, Multimorphic or any other ? And why?

The core question is therefore: "Who does making pinballs best these days"?

#2 10 years ago

No doubt about it. Stern, because they have shown they can consistently produce and release games.

#3 10 years ago

I wouldnt want any current companies to make this title, But while we are in make believe land, ill play along. Williams would have to come back into pinball manufacturing, and Brian Eddy would have to be the designer

#5 10 years ago

Announcing the availability of "Two Thumbs Down".

Website to implement: (?)

#6 10 years ago

Very misleading thread title so TD. But I would want stern because they have a reasonable price on the Pro model and the quickest turn around.

#7 10 years ago

Manufacturer-HBO
    Designer-Tywin Lannister
    Dots-Little Finger
    Lead Programmer-Lord Varys
    Security-Bronn
    Cool spinner toy-Tyrion Lannister

#8 10 years ago

If this theme G.O.T.is you want. I on the other hand would go for The Evil Dead. Skit-Ball could do it justice.

#9 10 years ago

Seriously, change or delete this thread. Cheap and misleading.

#10 10 years ago

I'm not into GOT and don't generally enjoy widebodies, but I'll say Stern regardless. I know you said not to consider delivery, but it's impossible for me not to factor it in. I mean, more than half the companies you listed have yet to deliver a production game, so I can't judge their quality, only their current lack of delivery.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from twitami:

Seriously, change or delete this thread. Cheap and misleading.

Yeah, very misleading.

#12 10 years ago

I seem to have forgotten about the default negativity of some pinsiders...

Did not intend to mislead but was hoping for some constructive thought about who could do such a theme most awesome without pagelong brand bashing comments delivery and pricing. But that seems impossible ...

Changed the title... curious to see what happens now

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I seem to have forgotten about the default negativity of some pinsiders...

Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Did intend to mislead

Huh?

Edit: So you changed your quote to didn't intend to mislead now. Although your title is clearly misleading.

Edit 2: Now fixed. No worries.

#14 10 years ago

haha! how forgetting just one word due to rush can change the whole intention .... obvious

#15 10 years ago

I watch the show and find it pretty entertaining, but I don't think it would make a very good pinball theme. It's too much of a character driven soap opera and not enough of a clear cut good vs. evil battle theme that would make for good pinball action. Sure there are a few dragons and a wall and White Walkers, but the show is all about conflict, dialogue and alliances between family, etc. I don't even know who we as the pinball player would play?- Winterfell?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #17 10 years ago

This post was misleading and it hurt my feelings. I'll be expecting a refund check promptly.

Just kidding. I agree with Pinhead87, I'd like to see Bally/Williams get back into the mix. Their games just feel right to me

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

I'd like to see Bally/Williams get back into the mix. Their games just feel right to me

Check out the new Sterns.

Most of the great pin designers from Williams are working there now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-pinball-announcement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.