• The Hobbit 75 votes
    38%
  • Neither 28 votes
    14%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago

Hobbit all day long. GOT would be a major downgrade in every respect. How could you look at that horrible art and video clips in red monochrome after having a Hobbit?

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good thing I'm playing it and not hanging it on my wall.

Same here. Hobbit's gameplay and code is a masterpiece to go along with its good looks. Complete package.

GOT is the one you toss a few coins at on the street. Hobbit is the one you take home.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...then divorce as soon as you realize it stopped putting out as soon as you got it home.

Mine puts out for hours at a time! (Yes the games are long lol)

Quoted from beelzeboob:

(On an unrelated note, if you can tell me how to get that stupid Shipoopi song out of my head, I'd really appreciate it. I hold you personally responsible...)

Why? I had nothing to do with it.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You work for those people. SOMEbody's gotta take some responsibility. Friggin' song pops into my head at the stupidest times...and all these years later. They should make an anti-Shipoopi pill or something. I even hear it in Peter's voice...

Look at the credits and plot your vengeance accordingly. I had nothing to do with it.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I really hope Dwight can get some good code in to finish this game

Lol it's done, dude. Sterny style. Hobbit's still got Keith jamming away for sure.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I have over $8500 invested in the game and I hardly played it.

That's your problem. Play it more. Maybe you don't understand the rules yet? I didn't at first and was unsure...once they clicked...holy moly, it suddenly becomes gaddamn magic.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

As mentioned above, the price is part of the issue. A nib shipped can be found for $8500. Your asking price plus shipping isn't far enough off. A trade may work better in this case​ plus minus cash.

Yeah, you can't really flip a game for big bucks when it's still in production. Also, most Hobbits seem to be selling for $7500 in the used market at the moment. That's what I got mine for, anyway. I got a Smaug, but could have picked up an LE for less!

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

How is selling an $8500 game plus playfield protector, Cliffys, and plastic protectors for $7800 obo trying to flip a game for profit?

Well, it's not flipping, per se....but like others have said, potential buyers don't value mods as much as we think they do. If you were to sell it for $7500, it's not a huge loss...that's still quite a chunk of change. Think of some of the games that didn't hold their value... "back in the day" new Sterns like T3, South Park, Austin Powers, Elvis were selling for $1500 not too long after they were new. You're doing OK if you can still get $7500 back on a Hobbit.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I guess that's a fair assessment- I would be ok with $7500, but for any less I'd rather just keep it and hope it grows on me!

Do you "get" the rules yet? Do you know about the multiple skill shot choices? Do you understand how to collect the Arkenstone shards to start those crazy ass "mini" wizard modes? Did you figure out spelling LOCK twice to light locks at the orbits, giving you multiballs for modes which then lead to treasure hunts?

Also, set your beast settings a bit harder - they won't pop up as much which IMO lets you learn the other stuff better and balances the gameplay.

And - try my audio settings. Makes the game sound so much better:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I appreciate that! To be honest with you, I haven't even killed Smaug yet, and I've only reached battle of the five armies once. There just seems to be something lacking that doesn't make me want to come back for more, and I'm not really sure what it is. I'll check out your Settings and see if I like it any better. Thanks.

Killing Smaug is a thrill!

At the end of the day, if you just don't like long "quest" games....it is what it is and that's all there is to it. GOT can also be a relatively long game once you get the flow going...I played one on location for 20 or 30 min, got through all the houses, Winter Is Coming, Hand of the King. Sure, it's a fast flowy Steve Ritchie game...but it's not a short burst like Iron Man or Tron can be.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Both GOT and TH used resale prices have gone down a chunk from NIB. They are very good machines but not epic (as judged by the overall masses) and there is lots of competition out there, especially with new games. So be it. It was getting a little crazy with all the recent history of people buying new pins and expecting to sell them for a similar price to new. This may continue to be the trend.

Yup, there are no guarantees....and there is a lot of competition out there. Lots of great used games, lots of NIB games to chose from. The buyer pool is diluted by choice.

All it takes is one local person in your area to want your game, though. It'll sell eventually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-or-the-hobbit?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.