image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Glad to hear you got it! Look forward to the reviews. No doubt it has great flow, code and looks. Just wish they integrated the show itself into the pin more. But let's enjoy what we have.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

As with all your posts. Always gotta throw in something negative dont ya?

Yeah, that's all my posts. You got me.

#79 8 years ago

How is a super colorful light show reflective of the GOT universe? It's a dark, gritty show. No doubt the light show is cool and amazing, but does it fit this theme? Not trolling, just an observation I had while playing. It's like Stern dropped it in because they could, not because it matched the theme at all.

#91 8 years ago

I see the point about the lighting. I would never put LED's in a LOTR. Look guys, we agree to disagree. I just don't see a medieval / fantasy theme game having loads of colorful lights a right fit. Does Hobbit have so many colors? It's not the light show that's the problem, it's the amount of colors. Again, some find it cool. I'd prefer less, warmer colors. Am I allowed to think that?

#137 8 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the LE plaque between the speakers. It doesn't look centered for some reason. Hard to tell.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from jets:

20151204_010854.jpg

Thanks. Little strange they didn't move it up a bit. Looks a bit off straggling that white line.

But look. I'll admit it looks so much nicer than that damn render. And guys, you have to give it to me, with the warm light, it makes a HUGE improvement. That's all I'm saying. Fantasy theme = warm lighting. ALL DAY LONG.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You're hilarious. What's next? The bolt looks funny in the legs? "Looks a bit funny straggling that white line." Cmon man. Give it a rest. You're comments are tiring especially those of us who have bought this machine and are waiting for it. I'm sure there's a LOTR thread somewhere that you can enjoy talking about warm lighting for the umpteenth time. Time to move out of 2003 and embrace change. I think you're next 8000 pin should be another lotrle. Everything does not compare to LOTR.

Do me a favor. Ask Aurich who knows a thing or two about design how he would have placed that plaque.

And move out of 2003 and embrace change? Ironic comment considering Stern is selling an 8,000+ with ugly red dots. GOT LE is a great pin, but just saying there are clearly aspects of the pin that could have been much better considering they spent 2 years making it. But look, game looks great and people say it's fun. That's all that matters, right?

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Well, what a surprise.
I guess living in 2015 one should be able to mentally "translate" 3D-rendered images into what it will look like in real life or at least be able to take into account that it's just a render. It's not like no one has ever seen a rendered image before and doesn't know it looks much more "plastic" and toy like than the real thing...

Which makes Stern's decision to reveal first as a render a bad one, no? They had to work really hard to change initial perceptions.
Look, all of this is moot. Game is shipping and people are having fun. That's all that matters. I should just STFU and stop nit picking Stern. They are putting pins in homes. Fuck, that's all that matters.

#157 8 years ago

i love seeing boxes with machines inside go out!

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Wow. The LE is bad ass. Just got mine today. I told a friend of mine, its like Steve Richie created a modern day Lotr. Instead of the path of the Walking Dead you have an upper playfield that's interactive. There's a similiar fan layout but the game arguably moves faster. House modes can stack some crazy points and you can see the potential with completed code someday. Completely different than KissLE and a great balance of shots with each flipper. Killer!

Don't ever compare GOT to LOTR again. Thank you.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Why sure I'll do that right away. Anyway Lotr is similiar to GOTLE in many ways. The first way is the fan layout.......
Does anybody else see any similarities?
Bahahaha

LOTR is FAR FAR superior to GOT in SO MANY ways. It's not even funny. First of all, Balrog bash toy. Ring shot is better than any shot in GOT. And the modes and callouts in LOTR, far superior. The games are not similar at all. I'm sorry, but GOT coming out 12 years after LOTR is a big fat lame duck considering they had 2 years to make it and there's not a single thing on it that's innovative. A big light show, who cares? Where's the real innovation?

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

dude stop shitting on these got threads, these guys are very happy and you just wanna bash their new game. like calling somebodys kid ugly to their face. idk wtf happens to you when you are on your computer, met you in person and you are a hell of a nice guy!!!

Yeah, you're right. I'm happy Frolic and guys are getting their pins. Guess I've been caught up in all of these "this is better than that" threads and it spilled over into here. I think I've said my peace on GOT and I hope it ends up being a great pin. I won't say anything else negative about the pin. Actually went to Modern Pinball to play it some more but they were closed for a damn B-Day party. Ugh...Kids

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's what I think when I see your posts.

Haha...Dude, is your LE arriving soon? Can I swing by in the Hellcat and play? Beers on me.

1 week later
#392 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

WTF are they doing? They are playing their games!! Go enjoy your Game of Thrones!! There are a $hitload of guys who wish they had your machine and your busy dissecting it and scrutinizing minutia rather than playing the freaking thing. Come back after you put up 3 Billion points and tell us how much better it is than LOTR.

Simmer down there. And GOT will never top LOTR.

#456 8 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

More pics
image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks really nice. Still can't understand why the plaque isn't a quarter inch higher to sit in the middle between the screen and edge of speaker panel. That's my only gripe.

1 week later
#581 8 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Yup. Same problem for me. Was working fine before now it fails attempts when trying to kick into the upper playfield.
Let us know what you find out.

Hope they fix this soon. Sounds like one step forward, two steps back.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

ok, I'm going to take a chance and install it, just to confirm one way or the other.

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Updating... I'm balls deep now!

Verdict?

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

More like two steps forward, one step back.

So one step forward?

1 week later
#721 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Ready now to play in the dark, set the flash to less blinding, put white vinyl between inserts/led boards on playfield to make them not so harsh . ( check difference v upper)
"Brassed" the Chrome wireforms, gold mirror blades and warm white GI, just got to airbrush the apron and we're good !
wont look out of place next to lotr this way , looks more like a mediëval theme game now .

image_(resized).jpeg

can you share a photo within a lit room an machine off so we can see that beautiful brass?

#825 8 years ago

I just wanna say that I'm so happy GOT has turned out to be a great pin and you owners are enjoying the game tremendously. The amount of camaraderie and support going on in this thread is awesome. Hope to play an LE soon in NYC area. Not sure who has one.

#845 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ill trade you a few plays on mine for a drive in the 'cat

Anytime. But it has to warm up first. Tires don't work under 40 degrees.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kaneda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed?tu=kaneda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.