image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The spike Shaker i purchased from Pinball Life was long enough to reach the board without the extension harness.
The one from the Stern Store (Pictured above) has the short harness with the extension harness.
It seems like the ones from the Stern Store may have initially meant to be used on the left side of the coinbox ( as was the standard) and were adjusted with the extension harness to be located to where the power supply used to be.

Any difference between the Stern shaker and pinball life shaker? I have a pinball life shaker on my KISS LE and it plays great, just wondering if Sterns is better or the same

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

In my opion the pinball life shaker is a better choice because it has a metal bar that goes across the top of the shaker that you can tighten that eliminates any loud jackhammer ing sound you might get from the shaker motor being unbalanced.

Thanks, I was wondering if Stern had that on theirs, since they do not I am using Pinball Life shakers from now on.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

this has been probably covered in detail in many other threads, but since this is my thread, my answer is I do not wax out of the box. I do clean it up with some novus 1, just for factory dirt.

What OP said, I go as far as getting some canned air to blow out that back lanes and under play field lanes then use novas one to get that factory grit out.

3 weeks later
#738 8 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Has anyone come up with tailored instruction cards in order to remove those ugly yellow cards?

A few to choose from, I can even do different colors if you want for my versions

Quoted from chuckwurt:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-rules-and-custom-instruction-cards#post-2879716
Make sure and read the whole thread. Some revisions were made to one of the sets of cards.

1 week later
#864 8 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody know ETA for new code from guy u keep calling Dwight? Makes me miss the days of Waison almost. YouTube videos are all I have in a pinball-less/arcade-less world. I observed:
1. repeating theme song
2. repeated locks on center ramp
3. repeated drains from upper pf even after hitting flashing arrows (how odd)
Please tell me theres more to this game. I almost fell asleep watching some family play their Gotle for like an hour straight

Perhaps the advanced options were not enabled and it may have auto selected your house in advance. I heard the early pro codes did this

#881 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Still no rubber list for the LE? someone help a brotha out...

I am in the process of breaking down my LE to install mods and make fixes. I will let everyone know soon on my topic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister

#886 8 years ago

I was doing some ball tossing through the orbits and noticed more than a few hang ups on the account that the castle Black entrance lanes to the pops have larger rubbers on the posts. As seen from pictures these rubbers are definitely encroaching in the lanes and I have seen the ball hit them and bounce more than few times back in the pops. I will know for sure in a week or so once I get the smaller rubbers in and installed. Check back on this issue in a week or so on my thread.

Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:
4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
3 - 5/16 ID
3 - 3/16 ID
8 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
RECOMMEND
4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
6 - 3/16 ID (FOR TOP INLANE RUBBERS FOR POPS ENTRANCE)
5 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
3 - 3/8 MINIPOST (FOR LEFT ORBIT ENTRANCE AND L & R OUT LANE POSTS)

IMG_2760_(resized).JPGIMG_2760_(resized).JPG
IMG_2764_(resized).JPGIMG_2764_(resized).JPG

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Capguntrooper is that a premium I see in your pics can you post some more photos of the over all game I am trying to make up my mind between prem or le

its an LE, stop by my thread on it for more info

#900 8 years ago

Fixed the Left orbit hang up issue. For anyone else having the same issue, I posted a you tube video on my thread if anyone needs it

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I emailed Stern support about this, they are aware and looking into it. That is all I know.
I have determined that there are 3 GI zones, and the others do no blink with the flippers, so I wonder if we could jump the lower playfield GI with power from another GI zone, so the power drain isn't seen. That would be my worst-case-scenario if nothing is done about it.

I for see a jumper harness being mailed out to early LE owners, much like Xmen LE

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

FYI: from Steve Ritchie:
I am seeing that capguntrooper modified the rubber diameter at the top lanes on GOT LE. This is not the way to solve the problem.
Some diverters (the flat diverter that feeds the ball into the elevator) need to be moved fore and aft to determine a better position to stop interfering with a left orbit shot. capguntrooper’s diverter needs to have the screws loosened and the unit moved slightly toward the player end of the playfield. His orbit shot is hitting a ball guide end instead of being smoothly guided around the orbit through the pops by the diverter. Be sure and test for smooth orbits, both through the left orbit and the right orbit after adjusting, then re-tightening the diverter screws.

NOPE! And everyone on Pinside can adjust that diverter all they want. That was the first thing I tried for TWO HOURS! What does he mean by (some diverters) do we all just have bad batches of Diverters? I attempted recessed diverter and flush diverter, ALL with the same hang up. Let me know how Ritchies fix works for everyone.

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Nice solution with the coil sleeves and shrink wrap. Did you try shrink wrap directly around the post without the coil sleeve? Maybe that way there would be room for two or three layers of shrink wrap which might add a little bounce to replace the removed rubber ring?

I heat slinked around the coil sleeve, but I am sure you can do a few layers. I thought about heat shrinking around the in lane but with the coil sleeve it gives it maximum protection. As far as the diverter v groove there are two issues with it. One, the v groove is not milled properly and does not have a smooth transition and two, the diverter arm can also be milled incorrectly. With these two issues it is no wonder that some people have good left orbits and others do not. There just isn't enough margin for error when these are fabricated. I am sure Stern spend many man hours perfecting these two items, but there just was no account for margins of error from their supplier who fabricates these two items. I created two solutions to help those of us without perfectly milled components.

Slim Coil sleeves: These allow for more wiggle room past the posts for left orbit shots

Shield bracket: This allows a left orbit shot to have a smooth transition between diverter arm and v groove

After I test these out extensively I will start making them for people in need of them. Hopefully Stern will send out fixes for this at no charge. I do however see GOT LE/PREM owners having issues in future if they do not now after their machines are broken in.

#965 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I've had my upper playfield off to see what was going on with mine. It isn't a huge deal to remove.
I am wondering if the ball rail to diverter arm fix can be done from the rear by simply removing the the diverter coil assembly to make it easier for people?
Maybe like a sleeve that goes over the ball rail and stops at the ball rail mount screw that goes through the playfield.
And THANKS for all your help!!

Yes it can. I was going to suggest this once I finish testing phase for anyone wanting to install one. The sleeve method was the first test I tried, but there were clearance issues with the sleeve and it is triple the material and takes three times as long to fix which makes a $15 dollar fix a $45 dollar fix. There was also the issue with my metal sleeve that it would not flex enough against diverter arm to create a smooth transition. Have you tried a metal sleeve yourself TVP?

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Thanks for posting your efforts so far. Now I'm thinking do we really even need inlane post rubbers at all? Is there even a ball launch skill shot? I just shoot for the elevator on ball launch so trying to nudge between inlanes isn't an issue. I doubt the inlane posts would ever take a hard enough shot to break so why not just remove the inlane rubbers altogether if someone has a clearance issue?

If you remove rubbers and do not have a shield bracket that v divot will launch ball into post and crack those plastics, I went to home depot and found some even smaller washers I would advise using if you do not use the sleeve method. The sleeve method just allows for a less than perfect left orbit pass through since the left orbit flow is not that smooth. Not sure if game will play without upper play field, but if you watch how the ball goes through left orbit, it rattles around a bit.

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

That is out of my league. LOL
I also wonder if there was a way for stern to have an arm diverter that was a little larger diameter so it is not set back so much to hit the V.
It would be great if they said some diverter arms were out of spec and too small and that is all we needed.

I requested a few to revamp for them free of charge, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my GOT topper today for my LE. Topper looks well made. Don't think it is worth $500.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

What is the height measurement from top of wing span to base?

#981 8 years ago

NEW ISSUE!

EVERYONE CHECK YOUR BATTERING RAM! I noticed some black shavings and saw that the top left screw is scraping the battering ram. It is an easy fix you just need to add a washer, but if you have not done so your ram may be damaged and need replacing. Let me know if this is just my machine or its others.

IMG_2929_(resized).JPGIMG_2929_(resized).JPG

IMG_2930_(resized).JPGIMG_2930_(resized).JPG

IMG_2931_(resized).JPGIMG_2931_(resized).JPG

#987 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So the LEs didn't have factory installed spacers? Here's my pro battering ram with Factory installed spacers. Not getting hung up on anything. But tough to register left flipper hits. Might be a switch adjustment.
image_(resized).jpeg

You have a pro, the design flaw is for LE/PREM models. As far as making a smoother battering ram I will get back to you once I replace mine....UUUUUUUGH!

4 months later
#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does this GI flicker when the flipper buttons are pressed happening on all of the GOTLE's? Has any buddy found a fix for this?

It happens on all GOT games and there are no fixes for it yet. My guess would be to say they fix it like they did with left orbit and say "it is supposed to be like that by design" or they do a code update and throw that in the wording. IMO, the entire CQ team at Stern should be let go because of the completely blatant flaws of the machine, who the heck knows what sort of long term effect this will have on the machine. With all the mods and fit fixes I have had to do with my machine, mine may outlast most others not because of that bit because it is laying dormant while I am deployed...... Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed?tu=capguntrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.