image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

I only have two things to say to you, sir:

1. Congratulations.
2. F**ing Canada.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

:/ i need my le shipped to Raleigh please. ASAP

Nope. Sorry. Every f**cking foreign country on the planet gets theirs first. That's the advantage of having an American company--WAIT JUST A SECOND!!!

#28 8 years ago

Honestly, I think Stern's thinking is that with overseas orders shipping first, then Canada, then the US, the majority of customers will receive their games on or around the same time. It's most likely a fairness thing, and I totally get that.

With that said, f**k Canada. I haven't gotten my game yet...or even a phone call.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

How is a super colorful light show reflective of the GOT universe? It's a dark, gritty show. No doubt the light show is cool and amazing, but does it fit this theme? Not trolling, just an observation I had while playing. It's like Stern dropped it in because they could, not because it matched the theme at all.

Do you have LEDs in your LOTR?

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from jets:

Hey Chris,
I just took delivery of #28 this morning! So stoked...
20151203_094038.jpg
20151203_100854.jpg
20151203_100902.jpg
20151203_101723.jpg
20151203_121636~01.jpg

I'm SO happy for you.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And I feel sad for you boob
You just need to overbook yourself at work, that seems to work for me. Slammed with OT and critical jobs and get a call for a pin delivery, never seems to fail lol. But somehow I was find a way to receive shipment

I'm always overbooked at work. Doesn't help. Sounds like the California shipment went out. Waiting on the east coast truck...

As long as I get it before Christmas, I'll be a happy camper. And I'm sure that'll happen.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does the California shipment include a stop to drop off JJ's inventory?

The stuff gets shipped direct from Chicago, from what I've been told. The distros are just middle men. And George Gomez said on the recent video that they determine who gets machines based on what region of the country you're in. So when the northeast truck goes out, we'll get our machines.

#129 8 years ago

F**k...
My...
Life.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When are you getting yours?? I wanna play!

Next week. But that's what I heard about the hobbit, too...

...in 2014.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

LOTR is FAR FAR superior to GOT in SO MANY ways. It's not even funny. First of all, Balrog bash toy. Ring shot is better than any shot in GOT. And the modes and callouts in LOTR, far superior. The games are not similar at all. I'm sorry, but GOT coming out 12 years after LOTR is a big fat lame duck considering they had 2 years to make it and there's not a single thing on it that's innovative. A big light show, who cares? Where's the real innovation?

A 2-level VUK is pretty innovative. And if LOTR is so terrific, why are you getting rid of it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-replace-lotr-with

#222 8 years ago

I wax the PF and the balls right out of the box (and I swap the balls for PinballLife's...they're way better!). Waxing helps protect the PF...doesn't effect the dirt buildup at all. Also makes the ball move faster than shit through a goose. (My son-in-law always knows when I've waxed the machines, because it moves so fast he can't play as well as usual. HA!)

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Having lotr, mmr, got, and hobbit all lined up someday will make for one heck of a medieval collection.

As long as you promise never to dress in medieval garb when playing. Then I'd be forced to drive all the way to Glen Ellyn just to bitch slap you.

#238 8 years ago

That's what I think when I see your posts.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Haha...Dude, is your LE arriving soon? Can I swing by in the Hellcat and play? Beers on me.

Who knows? Supposed to be this week. I'll believe it when I see it.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Big thanks to Cointaker. My LE arrived today. Melissa sent the shaker and mirror blades yesterday. All installed ,
and love this game.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k!!!

#265 8 years ago

I'm making a pledge right now: I'm not posting publicly when I get it and how f**king happy I am with the machine because I know what it feels like to people still waiting (who might be rabid fans of the show like I am). Trekkie will know via PM, but that's it (and he's telling me if his arrives first as well).

What makes it worse, I just got an AFM, but sent the boards out to John Wart to get cleaned up and repaired. So...two "new" incredible games. One with an empty backbox, and one that is currently vaporware.

And that's why I keep writing this:

#266 8 years ago

By the way...since God hates me, would anybody like to take bets that when my machine finally arrives, something will be seriously dicked up about it? I guaran-f**king-tee it.

#268 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pop the boards out of Congo and put in afm?

Too much work. While I've ripped apart a machine (as you know), the only way I do that is my marking EVERY cable I detach from the boards. I'm not at your level yet, where I know where everything goes back simply by instinct. Still don't know how you guys do that.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

If it makes you feel better mine is still busted. Came in last Wed. and I have not played a single game on it. On the plus side... Stern sent out a replacement board yesterday. Actually nevermind... there is no plus side. Stern obviously hates NJ, thanks Jack

Next Stern I get, I'm supplying a Canadian address.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Positive thinking my man Boobs! Zero issues out of the box karma for you.

Thanks, buddy. But this is already a case of Pinside karma biting me in the ass. Here's the ball-busting post I hit Banker up with two weeks ago...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-kicks-ass/page/10#post-2819875

Now he has his machine and I don't.

Let that be a lesson to you, kids. Wise-asses never finish first. In fact, it's almost always dead last.

I really am happy for people who get their machines. But after 3 years on a Hobbit that never materialized, this is just the cherry on my shit sundae.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Hell I've had mine for almost a week. Pinball Karma's a bitch huh? Sorry couldn't help give ya a lil ribbing.
image.jpeg

You suck.

#284 8 years ago

I've just been informed that Stern reads these threads, and in light of my posts, they've decided to complete a few more LEs, then go back to pros, then do the premiums, and then they'll do mine. "Suck on this, Boob," is what the Facebook PM said.

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I don't get why go back to making pros. Don't you think they want to start selling the Premiums that are $1500 more than a Pro? People have their deposits in but can pull it out quickly when the "next big thing" is announced or found something more important to spend it on. I am sure they have a count from distributors on how many premiums are needed. The money is just waiting there for them to take. I don't get it and if anyone has a good explanation on why they would go back to making pros instead of making the more expensive and probably the most wanted of the three models I would love to know. But remember Stern, no matter how nice it is, impulse purchases wear off quick and people will start losing interest when something better or more important comes along to buy!

Well, my post was a joke, first of all. But I do think they're doing some more pros before doing the premiums.

#290 8 years ago

That's a huge place, and most likely can do both. You waiting on a premium? Those are supposed to be out in January...not before Christmas.

#292 8 years ago

I know that's gotta be from a movie...I just don't know which one.

#343 8 years ago

Okay...I finally got my machine, so no more whining from me. Played great out of the box, but I just had to make an upper playfield switch adjustment tonight (that's a bitch, btw...).

ONE QUESTION: My elevator popper is struggling to get the ball to the upper playfield. The strength is set to 4 and return is 3. I can't figure out for the life of me how to set the strength to 5. Any idea how you change the values on that, or is it not possible? And if it's not possible, how do I fix the problem?

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I just looked at mine. If you look down the elevator tube you will see four coil bracket machine screws extending slightly into the inside of the housing. This may or may not be the problem. The lower ones are probably too low to create any interference as there is no way for the ball to move to the side when initially launched. The upper ones could potentially take some ball hits. They are easily accessible behind the rear panel with the playfield pulled forward. I just removed the upper screws and put a flat washer in and reinstalled them. The screw ends are now flush with the inside walls of the housing after reassembly. Only remove one screw at a time and reinstall it with a washer. If you remove both screws the spring will pop off of the plunger and be difficult to hold when reassembling. I haven't played it after doing this and wasn't really having a problem to begin with but it certainly looks better and there is now zero chance of the protruding screw end getting in the way. I will test in the morning.

Thanks, buddy. I'll wait to hear the verdict in the morning before doing anything. I'm still thinking there should be a way to program the coil strengths, unless the programmer does that and the end user has no control. Thanks for the heads up on the screws!

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

For those of you still waiting on your LE you will not be disappointed! I sold my ACDC Premium to make room for this, which was a bit of a gamble, and the gamble paid off. I already like it way more than ACDC. Winter is here! Merry Christmas to all!

And just think...the code is only v1.01...

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

So???? We're waiting??? What is you opinion on the game? Guy complains for months, gets his machine and doesn't even comment. Must be to busy. Or can you not play it due to the elevator?

Okay...here's my honest assessment.

When I unboxed it, I thought the game was gorgeous-looks even better in person than the pictures (as Aurich has been telling us for a while). Then I saw the area under the glass. It's still pretty fugly, but once the lights come on, it all gets tied together and looks awesome. I still wish they had spent more time on the PF artwork.

Setting the game up, I couldn't help but think what a cheap piece of shit it is. Metal backbox, metal speaker panel, and all of it--along with the backglass--rattles around whenever you move the machine. But the worst thing for me was the lack of a quik-lok latch. You have to now install two bolts in the back. REALLY? And I hate the new lockdown bar latches. It all just feels really chintzy to me and reeks of cost-cutting.

You can say what you want about JJP, either pro or con, but they do make a better quality machine (now that the light issues have been solved). The JJP machines are not as flimsy, and feel more like the old B/W machines compared to recent Sterns.

I fired up my first few games and immediately thought I had made a mistake switching from Hobbit to this (although I'm really not a fan of the TH gameplay, which is why I cancelled to begin with). I bricked just about every shot and had no idea what I was doing. But once I started making the shots, I was reminded why Steve Ritchie is amazing. Great flow...even with the upper playfield.

About the upper playfield: I can't imagine playing this game without it. It's integral to the game and not nearly the afterthought feel you get from ACDC's lower playfield. Hurry up shots are up there, so you have to get it up the ramp and hit the lit target before time expires. And it's a game that makes you pay for every missed shot--even some made shots. The gold targets around the PF are like the targets in POTC and will shoot your ball STDM. And one thing that pisses me off is the battering ram, Castle Black, and lock ramp shots. Hit them the wrong way, and the ball just dribbles back down the middle. Think the AC/DC bell, but times 3.

I also don't understand the ball shooting off the throne onto the plastics below. It's like they didn't give a shit about that part of the game, and it's just asking for plastics to be broken down the road. A mod needs to be made NOW to protect all that stuff below...perhaps an exit ramp like the one made to protect the Arwin plastic on LOTR?

I just wish I knew what the hell I was doing. I read the rule sheet for the Pro, and that gave some insight. But there's so much strategy to this game, and the ruleset looks to be so deep by the time it's done that it'll make AC/DC look like child's play by comparison.

And speaking of which, this is the fastest game I've ever played. Ever. Faster than AC/DC by a mile. When the ball comes shooting out of the kickback and careens from one target or post to the next, it's almost tough to track the ball--especially when some lighting effects fire off.

All in all, I'm glad I got it and this great game will only get better with time. It's not perfect by any means...but then again, what game is?

#356 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

So you think it looks cheap because of the inside changes. But it still feels like the old B/W. Sounds like they cut back but where it's not an every game thing; meaning to get inside it and fix something.

Sorry...I was unclear about this. JJP machines feel like the old B/W. The new Sterns just feel cheap. (I've edited the post.) And I don't think they're cutting back to stay in business at all. I think it's all about making more money.

PS - And what do you mean about a honeymoon? I just ripped on a whole slew of things about this machine.

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

I can take pictures if the description doesn't make sense, but it made a huge difference for the fit of these two things.

Please do. And if you can provide a link to the tape you're talking about, that would be helpful as well. Thanks!

#360 8 years ago

Can somebody look at their dragon on the LE and tell me if this is normal? (I'm talking, of course, about the staple-looking end of the torque wire or whatever you call it that's just sticking out into the air under the dragon's wing.) I just noticed it and it looks like it's supposed to be attached to something, but I can't see what. If it IS supposed to be attached, can somebody get their cell phone under there and take a pic of what it's attached to and how? Thanks in advance!

20151213_143517_resized.jpg20151213_143517_resized.jpg

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Elevator is an issue. Stern is sending me a replacement .

I just looked at mine. If you look down the elevator tube you will see four coil bracket machine screws extending slightly into the inside of the housing. This may or may not be the problem. The lower ones are probably too low to create any interference as there is no way for the ball to move to the side when initially launched. The upper ones could potentially take some ball hits. They are easily accessible behind the rear panel with the playfield pulled forward. I just removed the upper screws and put a flat washer in and reinstalled them. The screw ends are now flush with the inside walls of the housing after reassembly. Only remove one screw at a time and reinstall it with a washer. If you remove both screws the spring will pop off of the plunger and be difficult to hold when reassembling. I haven't played it after doing this and wasn't really having a problem to begin with but it certainly looks better and there is now zero chance of the protruding screw end getting in the way. I will test in the morning.

I installed the washers and the elevator is still struggling to get the balls up. I guess I'm calling Stern tomorrow morning.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

I noticed that too, but that is normal. It's part of the spring mechanism that allows him to flap. It's an eyesore when you are up close to it, but if you aren't under the glass, no one notices. I even forgot about it until you just mentioned it. But I noticed it right away too when checking out the dragon.

Well, then, Mezel Mods has to make some kind of 3D printed dragon penis or something to cover that up, because that's inexcusable AND fugly.

#365 8 years ago

I don't have mystery shot problems. But I do hit the little pop-up guard in front of the ramp and have it not move at all from time to time. Don't know what that's about.

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think the new backbox design is an improvement over the old design, even if it doesn't have the quick latch. WMS/Bally games never had the quick latch and nobody ever complained about the 2 bolts needed for those backboxes.

Which B/W games are you talking about? The ones I have all have the hinge and clasp holding the backbox to the cabinet. Even that would be an improvement over having to get the ratchet out and remove the bolts. I just don't see how that kind of cost cutting can add up to much, and it's really annoying for the end user.

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Why do Jersey Jack games come with the old sterns latching system now? Did Sterns loose the rights to it or something?

Quoted from Banker:

The old latch system on wide body pins like WOZ I don't like . Sterns decision to go with the 2 latches works fine.

Are we talking about the backbox latch here or the lockdown bar latch? Both suck on Sterns.

And JJP uses the older stuff because Jack hasn't started making cheap shit yet.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ever wonder WTF it looks like under the mini playfield!

image.jpeg

Don't tell me YOU did that. Looks like a PITA to get to...but I might have to do it if I have to replace that elevator.

#384 8 years ago

Have to disagree on that. The lockdown bar clamps hold the lockdown bar way tighter than the old mech did. Cheaper is stronger and tighter in this case. Lockdown bars on Bally/Williams games are almost always loose because almost no one knows they are adjustable and how to adjust them. The backbox bolts are also a huge improvement. Two screw, 30 seconds, done. No removing the backglass and struggling to line up blind bolts holes. That was always a pain and I'm glad it's been improved on.

They may hold the lockdown tighter, but it's a pain to find the damn handles all the time. There's gotta be a better way.

No idea what you're talking about with the backbox. I've always just lifted the head, put the wrench in the hole, and gave it a good quarter turn. Much less hassle and just as secure. And I still think a metal backbox and speaker panel suck. I like wood.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That clasp is only for a temporary hold. You still need to put bolts in to secure the head. If you don't, well that's just not good practice.
Rob

Then that's not good practice, I guess. But in a home use setting I don't see why you'd need to, nor have I met anybody else that bolts it down. The clasp is plenty secure.

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's pretty easy. 4 main screws on the mini. 2 screws from the ramp were it attaches.
2 connectors on the mini playfield today the main. Dragon is 4 screws. Once I figured out the screws it was easy.
I am having a bitch of a time with the back scoop and the throne (ball bouncing out for the mystery award. Seems like if the shoot isn't just right it won't get in the back scoop. The throne room bounce outs are a pain.
When I have my back legs all the way up about 7.5 degree incline. The scoop is mostly okay but the throne room looses the ball.
When I am at the bubble level on the game, about 6.8-7.0, the scoop seems impossible to hit but the throne rooms is a little better.
I took the mini off to get a good look at the scoop and play around with how the ball was entering. Hit the scoop every time with no issues at 7.5 incline.
I might try to play with some dead drop foam and see if it will keep the ball in the throne room.

I'm having issues with the ball struggling to get to the mini playfield. No problem getting to the throne. Go figure. Maybe it's the angle of my machine (which is around 7 degrees). I'm assuming you mean "throne" and not "throne room" (which is WOZ).

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Actually buddy ive seen a few wpc pins with just the latch used have the wood screws rip out or the wood will just break off since its just partial board . Since ive seen that I started using the bolts , it also holds the head much more steady . I wld definitely recommend using at least one bolt .

WTF are people doing to their machines that THAT happens? I've never even had those screws stressed in the least.

#394 8 years ago

WTF are they doing? They are playing their games!! Go enjoy your Game of Thrones!! There are a $hitload of guys who wish they had your machine and your busy dissecting it and scrutinizing minutia rather than playing the freaking thing. Come back after you put up 3 Billion points and tell us how much better it is than LOTR.

I am enjoying it. Great game. But nobody's going to convince me that it's not cheaply made, nor that the bolts on B/W games are anything but optional in a home setting. Anybody that would beat the shit out of my machines to the point that they could destroy my backbox would be escorted from the house and never touch my machines again.

#501 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The ball gets hung up on the physical gate that raises and lowers. When it gets stuck, it's on the right side of the gate. When the game goes into ball search, the gate stays closed on it.
It's like the gate isn't getting raised high enough or lowered low enough.

Is that right at the top of that first lane guide up there? My ball hangs up on that one spot from time to time. And I've got the pitch set to seven degrees. I thought it was just balancing on the lane guide, but maybe the gate is holding it there.

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Glad to hear it isn't just my game.

I'm not.

#529 8 years ago

Mine was delivered 10 days ago. I have the sound issue, but it's REALLY bad in the first game after you boot up. Already have a call in to Stern.

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Did they have any ideas about what was causing the issue?

Haven't called me back yet. I also have the problem with the ball getting to the upper playfield consistently (sometimes takes 2-3 pops...even though getting to the throne is really smooth (???)). And I have the top gate hangup issue from time to time as well. All common problems. But then, doesn't every game have common problems out of the gate?

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I buy a lot of "day 1" nibs, and this is part of the process. The important part is how well they take care of you after, and Stern has always sent me what I needed, so I don't sweat about it.

Correct. 2 years I had to wait for my WOZ lights to work correctly. Anything under that, and I'll feel like I'm in the express lane.

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

My sound sometimes cuts out but I think it's when there's lots going on. I ll try to pay closer attention to it

This is exactly right. I just noticed it when I stacked Blackwater with a bunch of other stuff going on. It started dropping callouts, sounds, music, etc.

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

I also have the sound issue. Went to Stern's website and sent a contact email to customer service. Received a reply from Chas and he is sending me a new SD card. I will also follow up if this fixes the issue for me.

Wow. I emailed through the website AND called last week and haven't heard dick back. Must be because I live in Jersey.

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Has anyone had a "positive experience" with the new code? Not sure if I should put the stick in.

Putting the stick in is usually a positive experience for me.

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I upgraded to 1.02, did rwo power cycles, a factory reset, another power cycle and everything works great.

Should have added in another two power cycles, a switch matrix test, another power cycle, a coil test, a dragon test, another power cycle, a factory reset, and another power cycle. That would really have locked it in.

Glad you got it working. Stunned that it took that to do it. I think I'm waiting until the next fix.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Others said they did a reset or two and it was noticeably better. I did factory reset and my upkick and flippers are great. Just sharing my experience.

My post was no slight to you...more of a shot at the update, that people have to go through all this to get it working. It should come with some instructions about rebooting or doing a factory reset.

#648 8 years ago

I'll update after Christmas. I'm too afraid to F up my machine before people get a chance to play it.

#672 8 years ago

The more I play, the more bugs I encounter. Has it been discussed that you can't lock balls sometimes if you play as Greyjoy?

Still a great game, warts and all.

#681 8 years ago

Okay...Christmas is over, and I'm thinking about updating to 1.02. What's the verdict from you guys that have had it installed for a while now? Did those issues clear up? Would you recommend I hold off until 1.03 (which should be right around the corner since they know about all the bugs now)?

The grumbling about 1.02 has gone pretty quiet, is why I'm asking.

#685 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

GOT LE 1.01 code for anyone who wants it. Let me know if the download is not working and I'll find another free share if needed.
Here you go:
http://www.filedropper.com/gotle-101

Heeeeeey!....What happened to this file? Did Stern make you take it down? It only goes to the root directory now.

#686 8 years ago

Okay...I installed 1.02, and here's what I got out of it:

Much easier to rack up points now - got to WIC multi on my first game, which normally takes me quite a bit of work.

Sometimes WIC hurry-up shots are lit, sometimes not, so that IS a bug.

Flipper power seemed fine. Elevator power didn't seem to change for me (sometimes it gets to the mini playfield, sometimes not...it'll take 2-3 tries to get there). Throne kickout didn't seem to change - still kicks the ball out to the plastic below.

23 tech alerts (even after power-cycling 3 times). WTF???

The first time my dragon moved, it seemed like his right wing was busted, but was fine after that.

The game is even more fun now than it already was. The bugs are annoying, but hey...that's what you get as an early adopter.

#691 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Don't you find that the upper flippers are weaker with the new code? That's a big one I've found. Hope that WIC is a bug, because it seems to come up all the time but nothing is lit to show what to shoot for.

Nope. My upper flippers seem fine. But, of course, they don't have to be very strong when you're shooting the ball 8 inches on a fairly level pitch.

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Just unboxed.. More photos to come. Quick question, should there be some rubber on this post in the top left corner of the upper play field?

20151228_202313_(resized).jpg

What I found more alarming at that part of the PF was the fact that the ball skirts the very top edge of the PF as it goes around that post. I don't think they could have cut it any closer.

#699 8 years ago

QUICK FIX TO THE WINTER IS COMING BUG:

Don't know if this has been mentioned already, but it seems that when the WIC hurry-up insert doesn't light, it's simply the last thing you hit that initiated the hurry-up. Three times in a row, it was exactly the last thing I hit, be it a lane or a target. Don't know if that holds true all the time, but it sure beats shooting blindly until the update comes.

#700 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Noticed this on mine during MB as well. Is it deliberate?
Re the upper flippers - not so much the weakness that's weird, it's the fact that if you try to catch the ball, the flipper drops down (doesn't seem to be able to resist a ball hit when up). Don't mind if it's designed in the new software to be like that to make it a bit trickier, just different than the last code update.

I finally noticed this today, but I noticed it in the first version as well, so thought nothing of it. I think it's just more pronounced now.

#701 8 years ago

Just one more thought: I thought AC/DC was hard, but GOT LE/Premium proves to me that Steve Ritchie is one sadistic SOB. This game punishes you for missed shots worse than any other I've played. If you thought the bell bounce-out was brutal, imagine that times 2 (if you brick the lock lane or castle black lane), then times 5 (when you hit the gold targets and lose the ball SDTM), and times another 2 (when the slings shoot the ball directly to the opposite outlane).

I knew I sucked, but this drags my skills down to a whole new low. You have to use complete control to do well at this game.

Absolutely brutal.

#706 8 years ago

GOT LE ANNOYANCE OF THE DAY:

When I hit the ball up the ramp to the upper PF, there are many times when the ball velocity will be so quick that it hits the plastic protector covering the ramp and bounces out. Anybody else seeing this?

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How long have you owned it? At first, it seemed like that to me, the more I played it, the longer all the ball times got. I do like it because it sort of forces me to slow things down a bit when I usually don't like to.

Got it December 10. It is a game where you have to think about and control each shot, that's for sure. But if you're off by even a little bit? Game over.

#735 8 years ago

No skill shot.

Now my ball is flying off upper pf ramp, flying OVER the protective plastic on top, and hitting the plastic arch on the side of the upper pf. Not long before that puppy snaps off. I'm going to have to put the pitch back to 7 degrees, I think, to try to slow it down.

Nobody else with this problem?

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I did have that problem on my Pro, Blob. I found myself quickly trying to plunge the ball myself to avoid the autolaunch. With the latest code update, the autolaunch is considerably softer and usually works now. Maybe they didn't implement on the LE code yet?

No...I meant the clear ramp to the upper pf. It keeps flying off from time to time. Something's gonna bust. I'll raise the pitch tomorrow and report back.

"Blob," he calls me.

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I had this awesome No-Good-Gophers-"Hole-In-One"-type moment occur while playing today: The ball was on the left flipper, I hit it up the right ramp for a massive airball, and it landed dead center in the Iron Throne! Great game.

At least my game isn't the only one launching balls off that ramp.

Jacking up the back tomorrow...

#798 8 years ago

I jacked the game up to 7 degrees and agree with what others said. This game just doesn't play right at 6.5 - and the ball doesn't fly off the ramp anymore at the higher pitch. On my first ball, got BFTW, WIC, and BW multiballs and scored about 1.6 billion. So I guess angle IS everything!

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

For those with lots on GoT playing time, does the theme music get tiresome?

Not at all, because the music changes for different modes. It's only when it goes back to "normal" play that the theme is reintroduced. And let's face it...it's an awesome theme, so it would be REALLY tough to get tired of.

#872 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Got a Shipment in late today, so as of Monday I should have all paid for machines shipped! Feels good to be at least some what caught up.
JJ

Can't believe you haven't shipped the machines that haven't been paid for yet, JJ...

#878 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Plus my custom sign,broke it off right away with an air ball off the right ramp.

Glad somebody else is having problems with that right ramp. I had a shot go up, hit something, and come right back down to drain down the middle. Really frustrating. Sometimes the balls fly off, and sometimes they go DOINK! and come back down.

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

This happened to me as well. It was due to the switch in the upper playfield behind the vertical black rubber on the right. I just removed the plastic, popped off the rubber ring, bent the switch open slightly, reinstalled rubber ring and the plastic. Fixed.

Yep. That was my SECOND switch problem. The first time, it was the center target on the upper PF. These things do have to be tweaked...

#918 8 years ago

Looks like the bug fix for the LE has been taken down. The pro is still up. Maybe the elevator sending the ball to the throne was a major problem they didn't know about???

#921 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When is 1.21 coming out?

Hey, Tom...here's a question for you (and I'm asking honestly): What's worse? Code that's consistently f**ked up (like GOT), or code that's consistently incomplete (like KISS)?

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think the f**ked up code is worse.

That's what I was thinking. You've experienced both, so I was interested in your opinion.

#960 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

happened to me and I thought the flippers were dead as well.

You hear that freezing sound when it happens, right? Happened to me once, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever (pardon the pun).

#989 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Oww but I thought LE's were made frist then stripped back for Pro's...
So why the need to always fix shit

That's because there's nothing to stop the ball from moving on a pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.