image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 21.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Here is the Harness

Ya see that extra wire you have has a male connector on it, mine doesn't it just has two female connectors only. I think that is just an add on piece/adapter on the end but I just didn't get it with mine.

#202 8 years ago

3) The black tip on the lock sword, is this for shipping only? Should it remain on?

Ok, upon looking, I do have a black tip. I just never noticed it.

#203 8 years ago

Ok, I managed Castle Multiball again, and tried to pay better attention this time.

-It starts as 4 ball multiball.

-The dragon starts sweeping it's wings.

-Insert light show is white

-There are playfield add-a-balls available, not sure how exactly, but I triggered at least 1.

-The Martell add-a-ball was in effect, so I did get it up to 6 balls.

-There are 2x and 3x inserts on the upper playfield, and both were lit. Not sure how that was triggered.

-It's pandemonium, but with the amount of blinking on the upper playfield, obviously the goal is to send balls up there. Easier said than done when you are flipping for your life trying to keep 6 balls in play.

I could test all this with the glass off but I choose not to. I like to explore a game by playing it on my own.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

-There are playfield add-a-balls available, not sure how exactly, but I triggered at least 1.

I know one of the pop bumper awards is add a ball could it have been that?

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know one of the pop bumper awards is add a ball could it have been that?

with so many balls in play, the pops were going nuts. Likely multiple awards, and for certain that could be one.

#206 8 years ago

The spike Shaker i purchased from Pinball Life was long enough to reach the board without the extension harness.
The one from the Stern Store (Pictured above) has the short harness with the extension harness.
It seems like the ones from the Stern Store may have initially meant to be used on the left side of the coinbox ( as was the standard) and were adjusted with the extension harness to be located to where the power supply used to be.

Any difference between the Stern shaker and pinball life shaker? I have a pinball life shaker on my KISS LE and it plays great, just wondering if Sterns is better or the same

#207 8 years ago

Frolic you are becoming the gameroom to be in Canada very fast. 14 pins now.....wow. Congrats sir

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

with so many balls in play, the pops were going nuts. Likely multiple awards, and for certain that could be one.

Thanks Frolic, I finally got the Castle Multiball as well. The Playfield multiplier is raised up by banging the battering ram over and over. It's pretty easy to do but only lasts for the one ball in play I think. Castle multi is very cool. I don't know where Martel add a ball is ?

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Thanks Frolic, I finally got the Castle Multiball as well. The Playfield multiplier is raised up by banging the battering ram over and over. It's pretty easy to do but only lasts for the one ball in play I think. Castle multi is very cool. I don't know where Martel add a ball is ?

Just press the lock bar button. You get one add a ball per ball.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just press the lock bar button. You get one add a ball per ball.

Thanks chucwort. Ill give it a shot.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Thanks chucwort. Ill give it a shot.

Np. Just make sure Martel is the house you pick at the beginning of the game too. That's my favorite one so far.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Any difference between the Stern shaker and pinball life shaker? I have a pinball life shaker on my KISS LE and it plays great, just wondering if Sterns is better or the same

In my opion the pinball life shaker is a better choice because it has a metal bar that goes across the top of the shaker that you can tighten that eliminates any loud jackhammer ing sound you might get from the shaker motor being unbalanced.

#213 8 years ago

ok that is a massive line up frolic, respect!

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

In my opion the pinball life shaker is a better choice because it has a metal bar that goes across the top of the shaker that you can tighten that eliminates any loud jackhammer ing sound you might get from the shaker motor being unbalanced.

Thanks, I was wondering if Stern had that on theirs, since they do not I am using Pinball Life shakers from now on.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, upon looking, I do have a black tip. I just never noticed it.

Checking it out some more, it comes off, so I suspect it is some sort of safety feature. I'm going to take mine off and keep the tip in the goody bag.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

ok that is a massive line up frolic, respect!

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Frolic you are becoming the gameroom to be in Canada very fast. 14 pins now.....wow. Congrats sir

Thank you . It is a sickness. I rationalize it, but I also get great pleasure form it. I'm doing some cosmetic upgrades to my game room but I'm going to post some new photos in a couple of weeks.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

LOTR is FAR FAR superior to GOT in SO MANY ways. It's not even funny. First of all, Balrog bash toy. Ring shot is better than any shot in GOT. And the modes and callouts in LOTR, far superior. The games are not similar at all. I'm sorry, but GOT coming out 12 years after LOTR is a big fat lame duck considering they had 2 years to make it and there's not a single thing on it that's innovative. A big light show, who cares? Where's the real innovation?

dude stop shitting on these got threads, these guys are very happy and you just wanna bash their new game. like calling somebodys kid ugly to their face. idk wtf happens to you when you are on your computer, met you in person and you are a hell of a nice guy!!!

#218 8 years ago

Have any of you guys waxed the game right outta the box? Should you wax with a nib?

My First nib and don't wanna f#<k it up.

#219 8 years ago

I will be waxing mine tomorrow. .

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Have any of you guys waxed the game right outta the box? Should you wax with a nib?

General consensus is that you probably never have to wax a HUO pin as it's never going to get enough wear to warrant it.
The wax also adds to the dirt buildup so overall, not great long term either.
The factory installed clear coat should be more than enough to protect your new toy.
Do swap out the pinballs every now and again. I expect every 3 months is overkill, so maybe more like 6 months?

Just my opinion. Take it as you will.

#221 8 years ago

change out the Stern factory balls , garbage , get super jets or pinball life " oh so shineys"

#222 8 years ago

I wax the PF and the balls right out of the box (and I swap the balls for PinballLife's...they're way better!). Waxing helps protect the PF...doesn't effect the dirt buildup at all. Also makes the ball move faster than shit through a goose. (My son-in-law always knows when I've waxed the machines, because it moves so fast he can't play as well as usual. HA!)

#223 8 years ago

this has been probably covered in detail in many other threads, but since this is my thread, my answer is I do not wax out of the box. I do clean it up with some novus 1, just for factory dirt.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

this has been probably covered in detail in many other threads, but since this is my thread, my answer is I do not wax out of the box. I do clean it up with some novus 1, just for factory dirt.

What OP said, I go as far as getting some canned air to blow out that back lanes and under play field lanes then use novas one to get that factory grit out.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So bummed I had got a shaker from Stern waiting to put in my GOTLE and had the wrong parts(I believe the wrong wire to connect the shaker to the game, both my wire ends were female?) On that note can anyone confirm on these new shakers, the shaker had a female connection attached to it and the attachment cord I got had 2 female ends as well, so one of them was obviously wrong?

I ordered a Spike shaker during the Stern sale in anticipation of my GOTLE and due to your post, I decided to go look in the box. It seems I am in the same boat. The instructions list that a 5-pin Z-header is included but mine does not have one. Just the female plug connected to the shaker and then the extender with female plugs on both ends. Luckily, I have a spare 24-pin Z-header that I can cut down to 5 but I will be calling Stern regardless.
I suppose they got so backed up with the rush on shakers that they forgot to include the 5-pin Z.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I do not wax out of the box. I do clean it up with some novus 1, just for factory dirt.

I value your advice, thanks. You've lots on experience with new games.

Like I said

#227 8 years ago

Well what a fun day. Played a ton gotle. Game is fast but fair. Best nib I've ever bought with incomplete code. I never even updated my twd. Those who are still waiting for yours, you are going to be very happy. I didn't start getting the hang of it until the second day. Just a blast. Having lotr, mmr, got, and hobbit all lined up someday will make for one heck of a medieval collection.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well what a fun day. Played a ton gotle. Game is fast but fair. Best nib I've ever bought with incomplete code. I never even updated my twd. Those who are still waiting for yours, you are going to be very happy. I didn't start getting the hang of it until the second day. Just a blast. Having lotr, mmr, got, and hobbit all lined up someday will make for one heck of a medieval collection.

It sure would. You could go even further by adding Swords of Fury and Mystery Castle.

#229 8 years ago

If anybody know pinball machines go to "GOTle malfunctioning...." thread that just started. Maybe somebody can help pinballrx get his machine working right. He drove from Iowa to Chicago to pick up. Bummer.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Having lotr, mmr, got, and hobbit all lined up someday will make for one heck of a medieval collection.

As long as you promise never to dress in medieval garb when playing. Then I'd be forced to drive all the way to Glen Ellyn just to bitch slap you.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

General consensus is that you probably never have to wax a HUO pin as it's never going to get enough wear to warrant it.
The wax also adds to the dirt buildup so overall, not great long term either.
The factory installed clear coat should be more than enough to protect your new toy.
Do swap out the pinballs every now and again. I expect every 3 months is overkill, so maybe more like 6 months?

My approach as well.

I spray "Opti Clean" on a cleaning cloth and wipe down my pins every so often.

I use a hand held swiffer to pick up all the dirt and dust in the tough places and all over.

And most importantly, I inspect my balls every so often!

PBL's "oh so shiny" from day one. Have had same ones in for a year on my TWDLE. Still look good.

#232 8 years ago

So is the only motion of the Dragon the wings flapping?

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

As long as you promise never to dress in medieval garb when playing. Then I'd be forced to drive all the way to Glen Ellyn just to bitch slap you.

Lol! Good stuff boob. I was Jon Snow for a Halloween party. Costume was hot as hell. Never again. You sweat like a pig.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So is the only motion of the Dragon the wings flapping?

Yes as far as I can tell. His eyes light up red as well. If you're able to activate Castle Multi-ball, the dragon flaps his wings constantly in a fluid motion and the sound that goes with it is really cool because it sounds like a giant dragon.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My approach as well.
I spray "Opti Clean" on a cleaning cloth and wipe down my pins every so often.
I use a hand held swiffer to pick up all the dirt and dust in the tough places and all over.
And most importantly, I inspect my balls every so often!
PBL's "oh so shiny" from day one. Have had same ones in for a year on my TWDLE. Still look good.

Nice suggestion on the PBL balls. I'm going to PBL tomorrow. Perfect timing! PBL makes and sells good quality stuff.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

dude stop shitting on these got threads, these guys are very happy and you just wanna bash their new game. like calling somebodys kid ugly to their face. idk wtf happens to you when you are on your computer, met you in person and you are a hell of a nice guy!!!

Yeah, you're right. I'm happy Frolic and guys are getting their pins. Guess I've been caught up in all of these "this is better than that" threads and it spilled over into here. I think I've said my peace on GOT and I hope it ends up being a great pin. I won't say anything else negative about the pin. Actually went to Modern Pinball to play it some more but they were closed for a damn B-Day party. Ugh...Kids

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

If anybody know pinball machines go to "GOTle malfunctioning...." thread that just started. Maybe somebody can help pinballrx get his machine working right. He drove from Iowa to Chicago to pick up. Bummer.

Problem solved

#238 8 years ago

That's what I think when I see your posts.

#239 8 years ago

Nice job join_the_circus!! You are the man! What was the problem?

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's what I think when I see your posts.

Haha...Dude, is your LE arriving soon? Can I swing by in the Hellcat and play? Beers on me.

#241 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure Vid's covered that before. I've never owned a NIB but I'm pretty sure I'd wax that thing as often as it takes. Can't hurt, right?

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Haha...Dude, is your LE arriving soon? Can I swing by in the Hellcat and play? Beers on me.

Who knows? Supposed to be this week. I'll believe it when I see it.

#243 8 years ago

Just got Winter is Coming Multiball. Had no idea what was happening. All of a sudden it's 4 or 6 multi! Awesome!
That 3 multiballs now.

#244 8 years ago

I thought the dragon was supposed to move forward or something? Does he just flap? In there a mech for it to do anything else?

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought the dragon was supposed to move forward or something? Does he just flap? In there a mech for it to do anything else?

Looks like its just wing movement.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought I read that also. The dragon was to move forward and wing flap but no,it is just flap

#247 8 years ago

Yah the pro has an animated dragon, the pre/LE have a motorized animated dragon. As per feature matrix.

I wonder if the addition of The mini Playfield meant that the dragon couldn't run off of a solenoid like the pro and has a separate motor moving the wings.
image.pngimage.png

#248 8 years ago

I wonder if the addition of The mini Playfield meant that the dragon couldn't run off of a solenoid like the pro and has a separate motor moving the wings.

The LE dragon is WAY better animated. Not a situation where they couldn't fit a solenoid, the motor is obviously a way better solution.

The dragon seems to :

-flap wings
-red led in mouth for fire
-on LE, orange inserts shoot across the playfield at you to simulate fire

I do not think he moves any more than he does.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just got Winter is Coming Multiball. Had no idea what was happening. All of a sudden it's 4 or 6 multi! Awesome!
That 3 multiballs now.

I don't think I've seen WIC mutliball, or not that I recall. I'll have to mess around to try to find it.

I have seen:

Castle Multiball (clear 4 levels of upper playfield)
Wall Multiball (on LE this is on the kickback)
Blackwater Multiball (sword lock)

#250 8 years ago

Isn't wic multiball advanced by the roll over lanes above the pop bumpers? Not 100% on this, but thought I read that somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.