image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.
#101 8 years ago

It looks like Stern used a combination of lightboards (LEDs) and LED bulbs for the GI.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/game-of-thrones/pro/1888/GameOfThrones_Pro_web.pdf

Looks like bulbs in the backpanel (#88) and boards in the playfield GI. (#86,#87), so it doesn;t look like you can replace the playfield GI, just the backpanel GI with different bulbs.

Quoted from fosaisu:

My only issue with the lighting is that they went with cool white instead of warm white for the GI (fantasy setting calls for warm). I also agree with the prior posters that the barage of flashes at the start of and during multiball is a bit much for player comfort, but I'd guess that'll be tweakable if it's not already. And the GI is swappable (right?)

#102 8 years ago

On the Pro all of the GI can be swapped for warm white. Added some spots as well.image.jpegimage.jpeg

Quoted from luvthatapex2:It looks like Stern used a combination of lightboards (LEDs) and LED bulbs for the GI.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/game-of-thrones/pro/1888/GameOfThrones_Pro_web.pdf
Looks like bulbs in the backpanel (#88) and boards in the playfield GI. (#86,#87), so it doesn;t look like you can replace the playfield GI, just the backpanel GI with different bulbs.

#103 8 years ago

Wow that's nice work and thanks for the correction!

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

On the Pro all of the GI can be swapped for warm white. Added some spots as well.image.jpeg

Nice looking refinement!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow that's nice work and thanks for the correction!

Thanks! I actually put blue LED's on the backboard after taking this picture. There are lots of blue/cooler colors toward the back of the playfield, and they are a nice compliment to the warm white elsewhere.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

On the Pro all of the GI can be swapped for warm white. Added some spots as well.image.jpeg

Great job! Would love to have details on how you added the spots and who offers warm white alternatives in those LED boards. Thanks!

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Great job… game looks WAY better with warm white

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would love to have details on how you added the spots and who offers warm white alternatives in those LED boards.

SECONDED! Looks really nice. I just ordered a bunch of sunshines from comet, looks like I know what I'm doing with them.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Great job… game looks WAY better with warm white

Honestly in my experience I haven't seen a game that looks good with cool white being the main LED color used.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly in my experience I haven't seen a game that looks good with cool white being the main LED color used.

I agree for pretty much anything expect maybe Iron Man - photoshopped "futuristic" art can look good with cool white.

That said, GOT looks great with the GI swapped to warm white!

#111 8 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. It was pretty easy to add the actual spotlights on this machine, because I was able to mount them on the same posts as the factory flashers. If you zoom in on the photo you should be able to see where the added spotlights are positioned. Then I just fed the wires down under the playfield (zip ties are your friend) and soldered them to a nearby GI socket. I used four single spotlights from Pinball Life and one of Comet's 7-SMD 6.3V strips in Warm White under the apron (also soldered to nearby GI socket).

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542

http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm

#112 8 years ago

Hey Chris,

I just took delivery of #28 this morning! So stoked...

20151203_094038.jpg20151203_094038.jpg
20151203_100854.jpg20151203_100854.jpg
20151203_100902.jpg20151203_100902.jpg
20151203_101723.jpg20151203_101723.jpg
20151203_121636~01.jpg20151203_121636~01.jpg

#113 8 years ago

More video please!

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from jets:

Hey Chris,
I just took delivery of #28 this morning! So stoked...
20151203_094038.jpg
20151203_100854.jpg
20151203_100902.jpg
20151203_101723.jpg
20151203_121636~01.jpg

I'm SO happy for you.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm SO happy for you.

And I feel sad for you boob
You just need to overbook yourself at work, that seems to work for me. Slammed with OT and critical jobs and get a call for a pin delivery, never seems to fail lol. But somehow I was find a way to receive shipment

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And I feel sad for you boob
You just need to overbook yourself at work, that seems to work for me. Slammed with OT and critical jobs and get a call for a pin delivery, never seems to fail lol. But somehow I was find a way to receive shipment

I'm always overbooked at work. Doesn't help. Sounds like the California shipment went out. Waiting on the east coast truck...

As long as I get it before Christmas, I'll be a happy camper. And I'm sure that'll happen.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm always overbooked at work. Doesn't help. Sounds like the California shipment went out. Waiting on the east coast truck...
As long as I get it before Christmas, I'll be a happy camper. And I'm sure that'll happen.

Does the California shipment include a stop to drop off JJ's inventory?

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does the California shipment include a stop to drop off JJ's inventory?

The stuff gets shipped direct from Chicago, from what I've been told. The distros are just middle men. And George Gomez said on the recent video that they determine who gets machines based on what region of the country you're in. So when the northeast truck goes out, we'll get our machines.

#120 8 years ago

Mine just arrived. The house select button was busted, simple fix. Trough was messed up but seemed to correct itself over a few games. Fine, no big deal...

But the !@#$ dragon is busted. Sigh. In test mode it just kind of makes a whirring noise but no wing movement. Stern and distributer will no doubt make it right, but kind of a bummer. No ETA on a fix. Oh and it's also not at my house, was supposed to be delivered tomorrow by my awesome tech guy who took receipt of it (he helps me with moving pins around), but no point in making him come out twice.

On the plus side I finally beat Jericho in IM this morning, so there's that.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Mine just arrived. The house select button was busted, simple fix. Trough was messed up but seemed to correct itself over a few games. Fine, no big deal...
But the !@#$ dragon is busted. Sigh. In test mode it just kind of makes a whirring noise but no wing movement. Stern and distributer will no doubt make it right, but kind of a bummer. No ETA on a fix. Oh and it's also not at my house, was supposed to be delivered tomorrow by my awesome tech guy who took receipt of it (he helps me with moving pins around), but no point in making him come out twice.
On the plus side I finally beat Jericho in IM this morning, so there's that.

Who is your distributor?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The stuff gets shipped direct from Chicago, from what I've been told. The distros are just middle men. And George Gomez said on the recent video that they determine who gets machines based on what region of the country you're in. So when the northeast truck goes out, we'll get our machines.

Stern ships to JJ, then JJ ships to his customers (at least that's how I understood it).

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from luch:

is it a rev B shaker motor ?

Yes, standard Stern Rev B Shaker (Spike). Super easy install and works as expected. No need for the stronger Cointaker version in my opinion. And, yes, pretty good action with the shaker during gameplay.

Checked if I could install my Flipoer Fidelity speakers for Stern machines as well, but the connector has changed - and the Spike system obviously have stereo output so I guess I need to buy the new Spike version of those as well.

#124 8 years ago

Thanks for all the pics and vids, guys! I'm seriously contemplating a Pro for my first NIB pin (though the LE would be my choice if I had the $)...so psyched for y'all getting your LE's though! Congrats, and enjoy!

P.S. jets 2nd pic above is great--capturing the moment we've all had the pleasure of experiencing one time or another: the under-pin rear leg leveling...I know I've bopped my head at least a couple times getting under or crawling out to do the same...

#125 8 years ago

Ok, after looking at the playfield I can say that the GI on the LE uses 44 type bulbs. So they can be swapped easily. They are also not the 555 wedge type that people hate because they pop out.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

But please tell me are these pictures dark?

That last picture would of made for a sick translite IMO.

#127 8 years ago

I just got my GOTLE, anyone else that has played it with the 1.01 code noticing the sound "glitching" or crackling in and out at random times while playing? I'm hoping it's just a code bug, I checked all connectors and still happening at times, although from what I can tell does happen at same times/callouts which is why I thought it was code related. Loving it so far otherwise!
20151203_142324_resized.jpg20151203_142324_resized.jpg

#128 8 years ago

Mine shipped today. Monday can't wait

#129 8 years ago

F**k...
My...
Life.

#130 8 years ago

So i just figured out the point of the upper playfield is to work your way to "Castle Multiball". Is that an exclusive feature of the premium/le or is that on Pro as well?

There are 4 levels you have to clear, like Archers, Breach, etc. Sending your ball up there to hit the lit targets then clear it.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just got my GOTLE, anyone else that has played it with the 1.01 code noticing the sound "glitching" or crackling in and out at random times while playing? I'm hoping it's just a code bug, I checked all connectors and still happening at times, although from what I can tell does happen at same times/callouts which is why I thought it was code related. Loving it so far otherwise!

Mine did the same on my pro when i got it. Not sure if when I updated code that fixed it or just breaking in

#132 8 years ago

Where is mine....? Sigh.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Man that looks great with warms! Nice job!

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So i just figured out the point of the upper playfield is to work your way to "Castle Multiball". Is that an exclusive feature of the premium/le or is that on Pro as well?
There are 4 levels you have to clear, like Archers, Breach, etc. Sending your ball up there to hit the lit targets then clear it.

Pretty sure it's prem/LE only.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just got my GOTLE ... Loving it so far otherwise!

Congrats - looks like a great game!

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Thanks for all the pics and vids, guys! I'm seriously contemplating a Pro for my first NIB pin (though the LE would be my choice if I had the $)...so psyched for y'all getting your LE's though! Congrats, and enjoy!
P.S. jets 2nd pic above is great--capturing the moment we've all had the pleasure of experiencing one time or another: the under-pin rear leg leveling...I know I've bopped my head at least a couple times getting under or crawling out to do the same...

You said it brother! I shot some video of game play for those interested.

#137 8 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the LE plaque between the speakers. It doesn't look centered for some reason. Hard to tell.

#138 8 years ago

Watching the videos the game looks to need alot of adjustments as there just isnt much action and lots of bricks? Lightshow is cool so far , it also dont have alot of sounds and callouts yet. Upper play field is just ok , not sure if id get a premium or pro if I was ever in the market.

#139 8 years ago

Does the ball on the LE ever make a full orbit shot or is it always diverted to the pops?

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Does the ball on the LE ever make a full orbit shot or is it always diverted to the pops?

Yes, it does the full orbit, but ball save obviously leaves it in the pops.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can someone post a picture of the LE plaque between the speakers. It doesn't look centered for some reason. Hard to tell.

20151204_010854.jpg20151204_010854.jpg

#142 8 years ago

Still waiting on my GOTLE

#143 8 years ago

Does the left orbit ever go all the way around.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from jets:

20151204_010854.jpg

Thanks. Little strange they didn't move it up a bit. Looks a bit off straggling that white line.

But look. I'll admit it looks so much nicer than that damn render. And guys, you have to give it to me, with the warm light, it makes a HUGE improvement. That's all I'm saying. Fantasy theme = warm lighting. ALL DAY LONG.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Thanks. Little strange they didn't move it up a bit. Looks a bit off straggling that white line.
But look. I'll admit it looks so much nicer than that damn render. And guys, you have to give it to me, with the warm light, it makes a HUGE improvement. That's all I'm saying. Fantasy theme = warm lighting. ALL DAY LONG.

You're hilarious. What's next? The bolt looks funny in the legs? "Looks a bit funny straggling that white line." Cmon man. Give it a rest. You're comments are tiring especially those of us who have bought this machine and are waiting for it. I'm sure there's a LOTR thread somewhere that you can enjoy talking about warm lighting for the umpteenth time. Time to move out of 2003 and embrace change. I think you're next 8000 pin should be another lotrle. Everything does not compare to LOTR.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You're hilarious. What's next? The bolt looks funny in the legs? "Looks a bit funny straggling that white line." Cmon man. Give it a rest. You're comments are tiring especially those of us who have bought this machine and are waiting for it. I'm sure there's a LOTR thread somewhere that you can enjoy talking about warm lighting for the umpteenth time. Time to move out of 2003 and embrace change. I think you're next 8000 pin should be another lotrle. Everything does not compare to LOTR.

Do me a favor. Ask Aurich who knows a thing or two about design how he would have placed that plaque.

And move out of 2003 and embrace change? Ironic comment considering Stern is selling an 8,000+ with ugly red dots. GOT LE is a great pin, but just saying there are clearly aspects of the pin that could have been much better considering they spent 2 years making it. But look, game looks great and people say it's fun. That's all that matters, right?

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'll admit it looks so much nicer than that damn render.

Well, what a surprise.

I guess living in 2015 one should be able to mentally "translate" 3D-rendered images into what it will look like in real life or at least be able to take into account that it's just a render. It's not like no one has ever seen a rendered image before and doesn't know it looks much more "plastic" and toy-like than the real thing...

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Well, what a surprise.
I guess living in 2015 one should be able to mentally "translate" 3D-rendered images into what it will look like in real life or at least be able to take into account that it's just a render. It's not like no one has ever seen a rendered image before and doesn't know it looks much more "plastic" and toy like than the real thing...

Which makes Stern's decision to reveal first as a render a bad one, no? They had to work really hard to change initial perceptions.
Look, all of this is moot. Game is shipping and people are having fun. That's all that matters. I should just STFU and stop nit picking Stern. They are putting pins in homes. Fuck, that's all that matters.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Which makes Stern's decision to reveal first as a render a bad one, no? They had to work really hard to change initial perceptions.
Look, all of this is moot. Game is shipping and people are having fun. That's all that matters. I should just STFU and stop nit picking Stern. They are putting pins in homes. Fuck, that's all that matters.

No not at all. You have a lot of valid points. That last one was a bit of a stretch for me though. It's all good.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

That's all I'm saying.

The usual lie. How many times in how many threads have you said that?

Quoted from kaneda:

I should just STFU and stop nit picking Stern

Your words, not mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.