image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.
#901 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Noticed the GI flicker mentioned by frolic when the flippers are pressed.

I emailed Stern support about this, they are aware and looking into it. That is all I know.

I have determined that there are 3 GI zones, and the others do no blink with the flippers, so I wonder if we could jump the lower playfield GI with power from another GI zone, so the power drain isn't seen. That would be my worst-case-scenario if nothing is done about it.

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I emailed Stern support about this, they are aware and looking into it. That is all I know.
I have determined that there are 3 GI zones, and the others do no blink with the flippers, so I wonder if we could jump the lower playfield GI with power from another GI zone, so the power drain isn't seen. That would be my worst-case-scenario if nothing is done about it.

I for see a jumper harness being mailed out to early LE owners, much like Xmen LE

#903 8 years ago

I haven't read everything, but has anyone noticed the upper playfield flippers "releasing" upon a successful shot at an upper target. They sort of behave like "no-hold" flippers from WOZ, but just for an instant. Not sure if this is intentional, or a bug.

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I haven't read everything, but has anyone noticed the upper playfield flippers "releasing" upon a successful shot at an upper target. They sort of behave like "no-hold" flippers from WOZ, but just for an instant. Not sure if this is intentional, or a bug.

I read in this thread that some LE owner's were having this same question . Thanks for letting me and others play your GOT LE . Russell I could be wrong . It seemed like the "releasing " of the upper playfield was the left flipper only . That is what I noticed on your GOT LE while playing . But it could be both . I only noticed the upper left flipper acting odd . 1.02 code.

#906 8 years ago

Further clarification. On the upper playfield, after you flip from either flipper, if you hold that flipper and the ball rebounds back to strike that same flipper, it will consistently cause the flipper to fall to the down position. It seems as though it is not strong enough to hold in the up position. I wonder if this is an adjustment...? Anyone seen this? I could video it if needed.

#907 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Noticed this on mine during MB as well. Is it deliberate?
Re the upper flippers - not so much the weakness that's weird, it's the fact that if you try to catch the ball, the flipper drops down (doesn't seem to be able to resist a ball hit when up). Don't mind if it's designed in the new software to be like that to make it a bit trickier, just different than the last code update.

#908 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Further clarification. On the upper playfield, after you flip from either flipper, if you hold that flipper and the ball rebounds back to strike that same flipper, it will consistently cause the flipper to fall to the down position. It seems as though it is not strong enough to hold in the up position. I wonder if this is an adjustment...? Anyone seen this? I could video it if needed.

Bump. Is there any more clarification about this ? I read several comments addressing is question in this thread . Not the end of the world but would like to know if the 1.02 code implemented this action or if it may be a bug . Thanks .

#909 8 years ago

New bug fix code is out for GOT

GOTBUG_(resized).jpgGOTBUG_(resized).jpg

#910 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

New bug fix code is out for GOT

I think I am experiencing a bug in the 1.20.... can anyone else confirm this:

After Mystery is lit, and I send the ball to the throne, from that point onwards the elevator ALWAYS sends the ball to the throne. It will never send it to the playfield again. Even on the next ball or NEXT GAME. Once you power cycle it will return to normal until you next send the ball to the throne, then it does it again.

#911 8 years ago

YIKES! That sucks, sorry and thanks for the heads up. I can live with the broken Winter is Coming icons a bit longer if this is a thing. Isn't there a new elevator test function built into this update? Could it have something to do with that? Hopefully a call to Stern can sort that out.

Quoted from frolic:

After Mystery is lit, and I send the ball to the throne, from that point onwards the elevator ALWAYS sends the ball to the throne. It will never send it to the playfield again. Even on the next ball or NEXT GAME. Once you power cycle it will return to normal until you next send the ball to the throne, then it does it again.

#912 8 years ago

FYI: from Steve Ritchie:

I am seeing that capguntrooper modified the rubber diameter at the top lanes on GOT LE. This is not the way to solve the problem.

Some diverters (the flat diverter that feeds the ball into the elevator) need to be moved fore and aft to determine a better position to stop interfering with a left orbit shot. capguntrooper’s diverter needs to have the screws loosened and the unit moved slightly toward the player end of the playfield. His orbit shot is hitting a ball guide end instead of being smoothly guided around the orbit through the pops by the diverter. Be sure and test for smooth orbits, both through the left orbit and the right orbit after adjusting, then re-tightening the diverter screws.

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I am seeing that capguntrooper modified the rubber diameter at the top lanes on GOT LE. This is not the way to solve the problem.
Some diverters (the flat diverter that feeds the ball into the elevator) need to be moved fore and aft to determine a better position to stop interfering with a left orbit shot. capguntrooper’s diverter needs to have the screws loosened and the unit moved slightly toward the player end of the playfield. His orbit shot is hitting a ball guide end instead of being smoothly guided around the orbit through the pops by the diverter. Be sure and test for smooth orbits, both through the left orbit and the right orbit after adjusting, then re-tightening the diverter screws.

I had a feeling this was the case. Thanks for posting.

#914 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

NOPE! And everyone on Pinside can adjust that diverter all they want. That was the first thing I tried for TWO HOURS! What does he mean by (some diverters) do we all just have bad batches of Diverters? I attempted recessed diverter and flush diverter, ALL with the same hang up. Let me know how Ritchies fix works for everyone.

#915 8 years ago

Bottom line is that this is a definite issue and Stern really needs to come up with a proper fix.

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Steve Ritchie is the best. The man truly cares about his games.

#917 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Now I'm scared to download the new code.

#918 8 years ago

Looks like the bug fix for the LE has been taken down. The pro is still up. Maybe the elevator sending the ball to the throne was a major problem they didn't know about???

#919 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Found the exact same problem when I "upgraded" mine

#920 8 years ago

When is 1.21 coming out?

#921 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When is 1.21 coming out?

Hey, Tom...here's a question for you (and I'm asking honestly): What's worse? Code that's consistently f**ked up (like GOT), or code that's consistently incomplete (like KISS)?

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, Tom...here's a question for you (and I'm asking honestly): What's worse? Code that's consistently f**ked up (like GOT), or code that's consistently incomplete (like KISS)?

Neither is really acceptable but no code is better than one that messes up things imo.

#923 8 years ago

The 1.2 has otherwise been playing fine. If they took it down then I expect a quick fix posted.

#924 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think the f**ked up code is worse.

Solution: only buy games coded by Lyman.

I do really like GOTLE though

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think the f**ked up code is worse.

That's what I was thinking. You've experienced both, so I was interested in your opinion.

#926 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

NOPE! And everyone on Pinside can adjust that diverter all they want. That was the first thing I tried for TWO HOURS! What does he mean by (some diverters) do we all just have bad batches of Diverters? I attempted recessed diverter and flush diverter, ALL with the same hang up. Let me know how Ritchies fix works for everyone.

I don't have any issues with my left orbit shot and I have the stock rubbers installed.

#927 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The 1.2 has otherwise been playing fine. If they took it down then I expect a quick fix posted.

Did WIC bug get fixed?

#928 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Did WIC bug get fixed?

It did on the pro.

#929 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I don't have any issues with my left orbit shot and I have the stock rubbers installed.

Video please.

#930 8 years ago

Did WIC bug get fixed?

yeah, that works fine now. Inserts light properly, doesn't start too often.

I haven't noticed any other bugs other than the elevator.

#931 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Sorry to bump my own post, but can anyone tell me if this behavior is universal, or a problem only on a few machines?

#932 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Sorry to bump my own post, but can anyone tell me if this behavior is universal, or a problem only on a few machines?

What version code are you? Once the 1.20 is reposted I would try that. Mine does not do it, but I suspect its a code thing.

#933 8 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I have this issue, but only with my left upper flipper.

#934 8 years ago

I will try to take a video of this today and upload it.

#935 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I have this issue, but only with my left upper flipper.

Me too.

Did you update to the new code and has the problem gone away? I have not updated yet.

#936 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I will try to take a video of this today and upload it.

Thank you please do.

#937 8 years ago

New code version 1.21 is up at Stern. I'm downloading now

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/le

#938 8 years ago

New code version 1.21 is up at Stern. I'm downloading now
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/le

1.21 LE Code:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-game-of-thrones-le

LE/PREMIUM V1.21 - January 12, 2016
===================================
Fixes:
- SUPER JACKPOT would sometimes be lit, but wouldn't score.
- The last release caused an issue with the elevator not always
kicking to the throne/mini playfield correctly. This has been
corrected.

Tweaks:
- The clock tick sound effect on BLACKWATER MULTIBALL would sometimes
double tick.
- Cleaned up the awarding of SuperJackpots during grace

LE/PREMIUM V1.20 - January 7, 2016
==================================
New:
- Automatic strength adjustment for THRONE eject. The system will determine
the softest kick strength necessary to ensure reliable ejection of the ball.
This feature can be disabled/reset in the adjustments.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Node Board Code v0.16.4
- During the first boot after installing this code update,
the node boards will be updated to v0.16.4.
- The game will now display the status on screen while node boards are
being programmed.

After node board code update completes successfully,
the message "UPDATE SUCCESSFUL" will be displayed for a few seconds,
and then the game will enter attract mode.

If there is a problem during the node board code update,
the message "UPDATE FAILED - PLEASE POWER-CYCLE GAME" will be
displayed. Turn the machine's power off, wait long enough
for the machine to fully shut down, and then turn the machine's
power on.

If this problem persists, go to the NODE BUS TEST MENU
and scroll through each node board in the display for
more details on the node boards' status.

- Improved handling of overcurrent conditions.
Tweaks:
- Changed the fire time for the elevator from 48 msec to 64 msec

Fixes:
- Logic added to protect against a loose ball during MYSTERY. The system
will stop MYSTERY from running if the ball is determined to have not
made it to the THRONE properly.
- If the final shot of a mode was the right ramp, the lit SWORD was
awarded and then immediately collected.

V1.03 - December 30, 2015
==========================
New:
- Added ELEVATOR TEST to allow easier testing of the elevator/diverter
mechanism.
- Once in the Test you can change if you want the ball to go to the
Upper Playfield or to the Throne.
- Place the ball into the shooter lane or throw the ball up the
right orbit.
- The ball should go into the elevator, then kick to the desired location.
- This will test several things in concert:
1 - The ball moves to the top of game
2 - The ball moves to the elevator. The gate flap opens and the
loop diverter opens.
3 - The elevator kicks and the elevator diverter directed the ball
to the upper playfield.
4 - OR the ball made it to the throne.
5 - The ball stays in the throne for a short time.
6 - The ball leaves the throne and falls into the pop bumpers
- Add a display to show the status of the node runtime code programming
process.

Fixes:
- Some dedicated switches were inadvertently being marked as bad in the
previous code release.
- WINTER IS COMING was advancing/starting on shots that it shouldn't have.
WINTER IS COMING should only progress and start from "Frozen" shots.
- ICED OVER (Frozen) shots were not always being indicated properly.
- TARGARYEN LEVEL 2 and 3 audits were not being handled properly.
- BLACKWATER JACKPOTs scored on the upper playfield were using the incorrect
speech callout.
- Issue with node runtime code programming: nodes were in an undefined
state after new node runtime code was written. The nodebus power is now
cycled to ensure all nodes are fully reset after new runtime code has been
written.

Tweaks:
- LANNISTER BUILD AWARD now displays the actual number of lit shots added.
- Default high score entry for WINTER CHAMPION was adjusted.
- Corrected spelling error on WINTER IS COMING total.

#939 8 years ago

So far so good. New code loaded into the game on the first try with no issues. No reboots necessary. Elevator is working fine and WIC is back to progressing normally.

#940 8 years ago

Did it fix the limp left upper flipper?

#941 8 years ago

Tech alerts are cleared.

#942 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's actually both upper flippers on my machine, and no, it didn't fix it.

#943 8 years ago

new update has addressed all the bugs I'm aware of.

I am not experiencing those upper flipper issues, so maybe it is your machine? Probably give Stern a call.

#944 8 years ago

I am seeing intermittent weak upper flippers with new 1.21 code. It is a strong initial flip but falls down weak when ball lands on them while flipper is up.

#945 8 years ago

ok, I did manage to make my flipper droop, with a direct hit. I can't say if it happened before and I didn't notice or what.

#946 8 years ago

So is the LE better than luci? Thinking of trading

#947 8 years ago

I'd wait till the flipper bug is permanently fixed to trade.

#948 8 years ago

With updates coming fast and furious,I hate taking my backglass off and on for fear of scratching the inner box head or even dropping it.

I'm installing a USB extension cord So I can just do the updates at the coin door.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Thank you please do.

Here is a link to a 7 second video showing the left orbit shot being made. I video'd the shot being made during the start of BTFW multiball. You can see the left orbit ball coming in the mirror blades and it falls down the right orbit with a newly launched ball. I have made this shot backhanded from the left flipper, but it is not as consistent as the shot from the right flipper. You do realize that the complete left orbit shot is not available all the time. There is a diverter at the top right that is closed most of the time to feed the pop bumpers.

#950 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

My upper flipper is fine. I can cradle the ball as long as I want and don't lose any power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.