image_(resized).jpeg
GOTBUG_(resized).jpg
IMG_2764_(resized).JPG
IMG_2760_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.
#601 8 years ago

Most games with upper flippers have a double stack of switches on the buttons. Can you guys confirm, 1 switch or a double stack?

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Dang it! The new code update screwed up my elevator. Stern must have toggled the coil power. Used to be just right on mine.
Now, first time was 6 failed attempts in a row and then it gave up and kicked the ball to the throne.
Second time it kicked the ball all the way to the throne on the first attempt.
Essentially broken now. Reaching out to Tech Support.

I have this exact issue !!! Never failed before to get the ball to the little playfield, now it never works and finally goes to Throne ! Even Ball search kicked in just now. I played a few games before update all fine, updated and it broke. I even turned the coil power to Hard but that does nothing. Also I feel the slingshots are less powerfull.

#603 8 years ago

I will chime in my experience as well.

Never had issues with the elevator to the correct floor. I am experiencing the same issues as described after the update as well.
My upper pf flippers feel the same to me as before in both 2nd stage and power.
I had a WIC hurryup act normally. Then i had 2 in a row act without a shot to hit. I did notice that it seemed that hitting the gold targets progressed the hurryup and when it was the target that activated it, there was nothing to hit.

I heard zero sound bleeps when I played though. So perhaps it was software after all based on the readme.
I didn't have a copy of 1.01 to go back to. Hopefully when my SD card from Stern arrives, it has 1.01 on it so i can swap back possibly.

I feel like a 1.03 might not be far behind to fix up a few of these items that appear to be common for many of us.
Hopefully the coil does learn on the elevator though, but a few games in and nothing for me yet.

#604 8 years ago

I've played a dozen or more games, and have not seen the elevator problem since my first game.

I do see the "2 stage" flippers now, that I've tested for them, but I can't honestly remember what it was like before.

#605 8 years ago

I had the same issue so I down
Landed the update again on a different thumb drive, then updated my machine again and have had no issues

#606 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I have this exact issue !!! Never failed before to get the ball to the little playfield, now it never works and finally goes to Throne ! Even Ball search kicked in just now. I played a few games before update all fine, updated and it broke. I even turned the coil power to Hard but that does nothing. Also I feel the slingshots are less powerfull.

Put a few more games on it and power cycle the pin if need be. This problem has already gone away on mine and others. It seems the elevator coil has the ability to learn and self-adjust.

#607 8 years ago

Put a few more games on it and power cycle the pin if need be. This problem has already gone away on mine and others. It seems the elevator coil has the ability to learn and self-adjust.

Ok, I just did and the problem was gone after power-cycle. But the strange thing is that the slingshots are also stronger again now !

And @Frolic: I just paid extra attention when Winter is Coming was running and also could not find the collect shot. It collected after a right orbit but no white (or iceblue ?) light was on there.

And the 2-stage flippers was always there on my machine.

#608 8 years ago

Mine did the same. Elevator was flawless before but six shots wouldn't get the ball to the upper playfield with the new code. This went away after power cycling the game. I'm noticing the Winter is Coming weirdness as well, there are no lit shots to go for. The download from Stern seemed unusually slow the first time around. I'm going to re download and reinstall just to see if it makes a difference.

#609 8 years ago

The Early Adopter blues. At least it's nothing major.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Yup. Same problem for me. Was working fine before now it fails attempts when trying to kick into the upper playfield.
Let us know what you find out.

Quoted from molspin:

Yup. Same problem for me. Was working fine before now it fails attempts when trying to kick into the upper playfield.
Let us know what you find out.

Same problem for me. Plus my mini left playfield flipper us weak as shit.

Reformatting my USB and trying again with the code update.

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I can confirm a problem was introduced on my machine as well with the elevator.
It shot it up to the throne on my first plunge. On ball 2 it tried a few times to send it to the upper playfield, and then threw it up to the throne.
So, that makes 3 of us in this thread so far that have reported this.

Make that 4 of us Frolic
I have the exact same issue now.
The ball popper is now unable to get the ball to the upper playfield
Wtf?

#612 8 years ago

I just redumped the update. There are two ports in the Spike board. For some reason the lower port didn't open the memory stick but the upper one did. Maybe it says that somewhere but I didn't look. The elevator works perfectly again but I am having a problem with Winter is Coming. There is no lit shot to start the mode but the mode starts after hitting a phantom shot so you don't know its coming. Once you enter the mode there are no lit shots to go for. Hopefully Stern will address this soon or if there is an adjustment to be made someone will post it.

#613 8 years ago

I have an update as well. Good news and bad.
Figured I'd put in few more games before calling Stern. My prior past was based on only 2-3 games and then powering off the pin in disgust. To my surprise, this time around the elevator was back to normal. If anyone else has this issue, try giving it some more time, or power cycling the pin.
Unfortunately, I have uncovered another issue due to this new code update. The flippers.
The flipper buttons are two-stage now. They must be fully depressed to activate the upper playfield flippers. This will certainly take some getting used to. My upper playfield play has suffered because many button presses have resulted in no flip and my ball rolling right past the upper flipper.
Also, the upper flippers are noticeably weaker/powered down now, in my opinion too much so because I've had a few pinballs actually knock the flipper bat down.
I wish I could change the flippers/strength/buttons back to how they were.
Anyone else noticing this?

Yes. Just installed 1.02. Upper flippers only flip the ball about 60% of the time. The left flipper especially. Ball hits flipper and flipper just dies or is too weak to flip.

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Same problem for me. Plus my mini left playfield flipper us weak as shit.
Reformatting my USB and trying again with the code update.

Okay I reformatted my USB stick and reloaded update.

1.My elevator is back to normal

2. My left mini flipper still feels weak

3. As others reported the Winter is Coming shot does not lit when first started. After that it seems fine.

4. I have 23 tech alerts at start up. WTF

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Yes. Just installed 1.02. Upper flippers only flip the ball about 60% of the time. The left flipper especially. Ball hits flipper and flipper just dies or is too weak to flip.

Exactly what I am experiencing. Pat at Stern is looking into this and will call me back. Will update once I hear back.

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Okay I reformatted my USB stick and reloaded update.
1.My elevator is back to normal
2. My left mini flipper still feels weak
3. As others reported the Winter is Coming shot does not lit when first started. After that it seems fine.
4. I have 23 tech alerts at start up. WTF

I'm redownloading new code now. Will put on a different USB and try reinstalling.
I got 1 tech alert upon startup for a tournament switch?
Left upper flipper is weak. Hope reinstall fixes it. Live streaming in a couple hours

#618 8 years ago

The Winter is Coming bug is kind of annoying. I might go back to 1.01 until it is fixed. With Christmas here I'm not sure we'll see an update immediately.

#619 8 years ago

Exactly what I am experiencing. Pat at Stern is looking into this and will call me back. Will update once I hear back.

Me too. My right feels fine my left is the problem on mine.

Is anyone else getting 23 tech alerts? I was getting 4 with 1.01 and they were for switches not in the game.

#620 8 years ago

Does anyone still have the 1.01 code?

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Does anyone still have the 1.01 code?

I do, if you want to PM me, we can figure out a way to get it to you.

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

I do, if you want to PM me, we can figure out a way to get it to you.

Actually scratch the PM, I'm uploading it to a Free File hosting site now .... it's taking a while. I'll post the link here when it's finished.

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

I'm redownloading new code now. Will put on a different USB and try reinstalling.
I got 1 tech alert upon startup for a tournament switch?
Left upper flipper is weak. Hope reinstall fixes it. Live streaming in a couple hours

No change with new download/install. Upper left flipper still weak.
1st download was directly to an 8GB USB.
2nd download was to computer, then copied to a 1GB USB. No tech alerts on 2nd install, but game acted like it had a stuck switch during play and was continuously scoring with the ball in the shooter lane. It didn't do it on the next game so...?
Oh well. I'm sure the issues will be addressed. Already announced we were live streaming v1.02 at 8pm CST. I'm sure it will still be fun.

#624 8 years ago

I updated my LE on location at Full Tilt Ballard in Seattle. It definitely introduced the VUK issues, and now takes 4-5 attempts to reach the upper playfield if it gets there at all. I also noticed the much weaker flippers. I think the two-staging is nice, but they feel pretty spongy up on the upper playfield. Also I have the issue pretty badly where a ball that lands on a raised flipper will kill the power to it, I'm guessing due to EOS switches not being gapped properly. Can't wait to take off the upper playfield to address that! :\

That said, clearly worthwhile adjustments were made to the autoplunge and the controlled gate, because the ball didn't have any of the issues it had previously had with rattling up the orbit from an autoplunge or not making it into the VUK. Looking forward to finding out if the game is really "learning" to adjust the VUK strength. Maybe we'll get some sort of official word on this soon.

Has anyone figured out what time the secret multiball happens?

#625 8 years ago

GOT LE 1.01 code for anyone who wants it. Let me know if the download is not working and I'll find another free share if needed.

Here you go:

http://www.filedropper.com/gotle-101

#626 8 years ago

Oh one big improvement I forgot to mention -- the throne now kicks the ball out very softly, and it drops into the pops every time. No more plastic smashing. Have others noticed the same?

#627 8 years ago

I'm back on 1.01.

When I test for 2 stage flipping, it is there as well.

#628 8 years ago

Has anyone had a "positive experience" with the new code? Not sure if I should put the stick in.

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Has anyone had a "positive experience" with the new code? Not sure if I should put the stick in.

Maybe at midnight they will....

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Putting the stick in is usually a positive experience for me.

#631 8 years ago

I upgraded to 1.02, did rwo power cycles, a factory reset, another power cycle and everything works great.

#632 8 years ago

1.03 wont be far off I'd say. I said on facebook ill wait for 1.03 and Steve Ritchie replied saying "Not for long"

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I upgraded to 1.02, did rwo power cycles, a factory reset, another power cycle and everything works great.

Should have added in another two power cycles, a switch matrix test, another power cycle, a coil test, a dragon test, another power cycle, a factory reset, and another power cycle. That would really have locked it in.

Glad you got it working. Stunned that it took that to do it. I think I'm waiting until the next fix.

#634 8 years ago

For me the Winter is Coming bug happens too often, is too obvious, and takes away from the fun of the game I didn't want to bother trying to see what else was in the update.

I'm bummed for Dwight it played out like this. He was probably trying to do right by us with a Christmas code update and now he's sitting there late at night debugging when he probably thought he could enjoy the rest of the week off.

#635 8 years ago

I'm waiting a bit longer. Maybe Stern makes another quick update.

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Should have added in another two power cycles, a switch matrix test, another power cycle, a coil test, a dragon test, another power cycle, a factory reset, and another power cycle. That would really have locked it in.
Glad you got it working. Stunned that it took that to do it. I think I'm waiting until the next fix.

Others said they did a reset or two and it was noticeably better. I did factory reset and my upkick and flippers are great. Just sharing my experience.

#637 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Ok, I just did and the problem was gone after power-cycle. But the strange thing is that the slingshots are also stronger again now !
And @Frolic: I just paid extra attention when Winter is Coming was running and also could not find the collect shot. It collected after a right orbit but no white (or iceblue ?) light was on there.
And the 2-stage flippers was always there on my machine.

+1 to power cycling a couple of times and playing about a dozen games. This seems to have fixed my elevator problems.

+1 to Winter is Coming although it's not EVERY time. Sometimes the needed shot is lit on my machine. Perhaps it's one or more shots that aren't lit for whatever reason. FWIW, the orbits WERE lit when they were prompted.

...and +1 again to the 2-staging of the flippers on the upper playfield. They were always staged on my machine too, but do seem somehow more 'pronounced' this time around.

#638 8 years ago

In regards to winter is coming... I'm almost certain the gold targets count towards the start of the hurry up. Starting WIc with a gold target leaves you with no lit shot to hit. Hitting a normal shot to start WIC will act as you expect. Pretty sure that's the main thing to fix. Gold targets slipped in there somehow.

#639 8 years ago

No question I had the same issues everyone else here has mentioned. My elevator kick worked perfectly previously and now had massive issues with the new code. I also thought something was wrong with my upper playfield flippers as the left in particular was very weak and would miss the shot occasionally. Also had few instances with Winter is Coming and no shots lits, that being said I somehow reached Winter Has Come in record time, so not sure how the rules were adjusted on this, they must have shortened the requirements for it as I don't remember hitting anything special to get there. "Glad" to hear has something to do with the code, I'll retry the install I guess, power cycling and resets didn't seem to fix anything for me.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Others said they did a reset or two and it was noticeably better. I did factory reset and my upkick and flippers are great. Just sharing my experience.

My post was no slight to you...more of a shot at the update, that people have to go through all this to get it working. It should come with some instructions about rebooting or doing a factory reset.

#641 8 years ago

Updated to new code and here is my experience:

- Elevator was borked hard. 6 pops then to throne everytime. A few power cycles then FIXED!

- Upper PF flippers noticeably weaker and sometimes seem to "lose power" and just drop while holding the flipper button?

- Throne kickout is noticeably weaker which IMO is a good thing. Launching the ball out like it did before was stupid.

- Video mode still blows super hard in my opinion and NEEDS to be adressed

All in all I still love the game but really want it to get polished and live up to its true potential

#642 8 years ago

My left flipper still is weak.

I still have 23 tech alerts.

Can anyone confirm if they have any tech alerts in diagnostics for me?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Also could you check the node board numbers. My 0 board says 1.0.2 and the rest of mine say 0.16.3

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

All in all I still love the game but really want it to get polished and live up to its true potential

This time next year is when I expect that. I think there might be a lot more to come with this one.

#644 8 years ago

I have all the switch tech alerts as well. My game seems to have settled down a lot and is still a blast to play. I don't like how WIC is so much easier to start. I prefer to focus on the houses and always starting WIC distracts from that.

Does anyone know if the Pro update is experiencing issues as well?

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I still have 23 tech alerts.
Can anyone confirm if they have any tech alerts in diagnostics for me?

Same here. 27 at first boot and 23 after. the four that disappeared were "node software version". It seems that the code contains an update for the boards themselves that is done only at second boot.

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Same here. 27 at first boot and 23 after. the four that disappeared were "node software version". It seems that the code contains an update for the boards themselves that is done only at second boot.

Thanks for confirming. I called Stern support and they told me I was the only person reporting the 23 tech alerts so I feel better now.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I have all the switch tech alerts as well. My game seems to have settled down a lot and is still a blast to play. I don't like how WIC is so much easier to start. I prefer to focus on the houses and always starting WIC distracts from that.
Does anyone know if the Pro update is experiencing issues as well?

Thanks Mike.

#648 8 years ago

I'll update after Christmas. I'm too afraid to F up my machine before people get a chance to play it.

#649 8 years ago

Got some nice Christmas presents; Black Mirror bats, white Super-Bands and ULEKstore Metallic Swords LE Bat Topper mod.

IMG_1152_(Medium)_(resized).JPGIMG_1152_(Medium)_(resized).JPG

#650 8 years ago

... or do red rubbers look (even) better ...?

IMG_1166_(Medium)_(resized).JPGIMG_1166_(Medium)_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-has-landed/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.