Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160209_093757[1]_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

So, essentially as of right now, code updates are not backward compatible like they have been on SAM games. Makes me nervous if everything is comprehensive like it is supposed to or if key node board updates from previous releases are going to be missed on future code releases.

The node board upgrades have to allow for skipped versions. Otherwise, all the games shipping from the factory with 1.0 would have trouble upgrading to 1.20. So the node upgrades must be wrapped in the spk file.

But I agree about losing backwards compatibility... it looks like that is the case now, at least if nodes have been updated along the way.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Mystery won't show the screen to spend gold,ball ejects and gameplay continues without a word.

That could be because your ball is bouncing out of the throne. The latest software will abort the mystery screen if that happens. I'd test it with the glass off and confirm. Then you could make some changes to the throne to catch the ball better if needed.

Can't speak to the rest of your issues.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call stern until you get a hold of tech support. That's your best bet

yeah, if this is happening to people, then Stern needs to know about it so they can address it.

It seems to not affect everyone as my machine is playing fine.

3 weeks later
#176 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

We've already established that all node board updates will be comprehensive with each new code revision, but how does it work for new node boards/replacement node boards? For example, lets say there's a stock of node boards sitting in STERN warehouse or at some vendor, a few months from now a node board blows, you order one, it comes in, how do you know what update level the node board is? Are we going to have to update our systems/node boards every time we get a replacement to make sure all boards are at the right software/firmware level? Is that going to wipe out our settings/scores each time? Just curious what to expect and plan for.

Just speculation here on my part - but since the node board updates happen after you do a rom update AND power cycle the game... then it does the node update, I have to think that if you replace a node, that same update would happen on your next power cycle as it checked, and do so automatically with no other effort from you. That's what makes sense to me, i hope it's that simple.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-code-121-up-at-stern?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.