Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160209_093757[1]_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Stern just posted 1.21 for GOT LE
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/game-of-thrones/le

#3 8 years ago

I think we're back to awesome. My game is playing flawlessly so far.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

My premium will be my first NIB. I'm nervous hearing about all these issues on pinside - issues, tweaks, adjustments. Is this normal? I was hoping for a machine that cost near 7k that I should expect it to play close to perfect at worst. What happened to quality control?

Yes and no. Some minor adjusting may be necessary but don't forget that a lot of people just can't leave well enough alone and have to try and improve some things that aren't broken. Every machine will be different, Most will be error free out of the box, some will need tweaking. The early adopters will have this all sorted out by the time you get your machine and Stern will take care of you if you have any problems. What are there five or six hundred LE's? and we have a dozen people posting issues. That's just the learning curve. This game is awesome. Any minor issues you might have will soon be forgotten once everything is up to speed.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

agreed. great game, though i didn't notice any of these problems after the upgrade or before

Nice. It's funny, with the original code I was having a blast. After the first upgrade I could not get a decent game going with the WIC bug as it ruined the flow of the game for me. With the latest code I'm loving the game all over again. My complaints are pretty small now, the black trim shows fingerprints worse than chrome and the slingshot plastics should have chicks or dragons on them, not gearwheels. Somebody please make some good looking slingshot plastics, please. I'd also like to be able to battle as may houses as can be lit at once and not just two. It's not that easy to light more than two houses at once, anyway, so why not just be able to thrash away at all of them at the same time if you can light them?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I disagree, Broken throne, broken ramp, imperfections in back glass that has to be replaced, not to mention the small adjustments needed to be made in order to work 100% left orbit fix, throne not catching ball, leaf switch triggers. Stern will replace parts, no argument there, the gripe is that if QC spent as much time as Gary Stern spent signing the LE certs half these issues would be fixed at the factory.

You're overlooking the fact that this is a full featured and complex machine. Stern usually completes the learning curve with the pro model. In this case the LE is vastly different from the pro and has tons more parts and features. They are really two different machines so the learning curve had to start all over again on the LE. Mine had a stuck switch, that's not even worth mentioning. I posted the washer spacer fix for the elevator screws. I can see how that got overlooked. No biggy at all to throw a couple washers in if necessary. Overall the awesomeness of this game far outweighs any minor inconveniences for me. New machine has a new learning curve, that's all, the people that don't want to deal with it can wait for the premium.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

PREM is far from a perfected machine.

Then it's all about expectation. There is no such thing in all the world as "perfect" Anyone who expects perfection has only disappointment to look forward to. There is no assembly line in the world that can produce 100% perfect items 100% off the time. I see all these issues as minor. You can disagree if you want to. This game rocks even with minor problems and yes I think a broken throne is a minor problem. A cracked ramp can easily occur but it does not impede gameplay in any way. You obviously love to tear into a game to see what makes it tick which is great, but that doesn't mean that minor flaws that you find make this a bad game. Even if your backglass is scratched , so what? Stern will replace it. There is no hardship in waiting for another one. Your game can still be played until a replacement arrives. You seem to think the assembly line worker intentionally put bad parts in your game. Isn't it possible they didn't notice it was scratched? Stern is running full bore just to get machines out. I think it's amazing they can get as much done as they do.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Did different people assemble these games or something? I have literally not had any problems with the game at all. My le # is 12 but who knows when it was actually put together as i am sure they just toss label plates on them. Amazing how some machines have so many little problems and then others don't. i guess human error during assembly?

There is some room for assembly line variations. Any part can be mounted in a slightly different position because there is a small gap between mounting screws and the screw holes they go through in the part itself. If a weldment is mounted with four screws and you loosen the four screws a bit you can spin or adjust the part and retighten it in another position. With as many parts as there are in a machine it's truly impossible for any two to be exactly the same. You can put ten machine of any title next to each other and no two will play exactly the same. One of my first jobs was joining the United Auto Workers (UAW) and working on the assembly line at a GM assembly plant so I'm sympathetic to an assembly worker. The job just plain sucks. Endless muscle pain and cramps from repetitive motion and it's boring, boring, boring. Assembly workers have some of the highest rates of drug abuse, alcoholism, and depression, at least they did at GM. When I was there way back when in the early eighties it was scary. The average 35 year old on the line looked 60 years old. They were all just sticking it out for the benefits. I got out fast.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

it updates your node boards

and removes all switch errors and tech alerts.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

Dude, why are you are making so many excuses for Stern? Are you an employee there? Good for you on getting a fully functioning game, but it seems that you are not the majority of LE owners from what I have been following. I bet you would not trade your LE for anyone else with these so called "minor fixes" and that your tune would be a lot different if you had so many "minor fixes" as you stated. Fact in hand is when shelling out 8K for a pin it better at least work. Not a single person here will give you 8k for a pin that has all these issues up front and anyone who says they will is full of crap. I guess my expectations and everyone else expectations on getting a working pin is just too high.

I'm not making excuses, I'm just posting what I've experienced. This is a forum, right? As stated before only a handful of people have had issues. Isn't it funny that that 99% aren't having problems? There will always be the guy that takes a high res close up of an 1/8th" crack in a ramp to try and make it look like the Grand Canyon and then jumps on the internet screaming Stern sucks!! I'm just saying this game doesn't suck, it's amazing. GOT has the potential to become a long term classic and I have never said that about any other game before, ever.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

I have given my dealer an ultimatum that if there isn't a definite plan and timeframe to rectify my broken throne and scratched front decal and plunger housing,who is doing the labour and in what timeframe that I will be demanding a NIB Le delivered to my door and THEN remove this lemon that is #557. If I do not get the response I need today then I will be demanding a full refund under Australian consumer law. Reckon I'll wait for Heighway Alien to replace this farce.

Have you called Stern tech support directly? Chas will have the latest info and can probably help you sort through your issues faster than anyone else.

1 week later
#115 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's node 8, brother...call Chas at Stern to get it confirmed, then call your distro for a replacement to be sent out. Why Stern does it that way, I have no idea (you're already on the phone with them!). But that's your solution. Waiting for my replacement now.

Stern had a bad batch of node boards. They are super fast getting out replacements. This shouldn't be a problem moving forward. If you want to test further Node board 8 and 11 are interchangeable if you want to confirm it's a board problem. There is a position switch you have to adjust if you swap the boards into other positions.

1 week later
#173 8 years ago

Thread title updated to 1.22.

There are two USB ports in the Spike board. I have had updates fail in one port and then work in the other. It seems obvious to try this if you're having difficulty but thought I'd mention it anyway.

#183 8 years ago

I just posted an easy battering ram mod if you want to make your battering ram shot much easier:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-battering-ram-fix

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-code-121-up-at-stern?tu=Pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.