• Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160209_093757[1]_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Update Failed for me ... not very promising

#152 6 years ago

The majority of my games do have a touch of flicker in the slings when the flippers are tapped. I'm gonna try them all and take an inventory later. It's really not a big deal to me and I don't notice it unless I'm looking for it. But of course would be great if it went away.

#153 6 years ago

Anyone know any tricks if the update continues to fail? I tried reformatting my usb stick and re-copying the file, but it didn't unpack it again...it went straight to the update.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I have had to reload code three times now.

Could you please help me with a clarification. Why did you have to reload code 3 times?

Which step did something go wrong? What type of wrong?

1 - Download the SPK from our servers.
2 - Copy the SPK to a thumb drive
3 - Turn off your game. Wait for it to completely turn off.
4 - Insert your thumb drive.
5 - Turn the game on and wait for it to recognize that you have a thumb drive inserted
6 - Select the correct file and start the update
7 - Wait for it to finish
8 - Pull out the thumb drive. Turn off the game. Wait for it to completely turn off.
9 - Turn on the game.
10 - After it boots it starts the node update sequence (only if the node code is different)
11 - Wait for the node board code to finish with a success message.
12 - Game goes into the attract mode.

You should not have had to reload the code at all. If it was a node board issue reloading the code would not help.

Thanks. Your help is very sincerely appreciated.

- Dwight

#155 6 years ago

Dwight,

What do you do if step 7 keeps failing? I get an "update failed" at 99% progress (at updating 767,xxx /768,xxx KB). The game does not want to re-unpack the .spk. Should I reload with 1.21 and then try to update to 1.22 again?

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Could you please help me with a clarification. Why did you have to reload code 3 times?
Which step did something go wrong? What type of wrong?
1 - Download the SPK from our servers.
2 - Copy the SPK to a thumb drive
3 - Turn off your game. Wait for it to completely turn off.
4 - Insert your thumb drive.
5 - Turn the game on and wait for it to recognize that you have a thumb drive inserted
6 - Select the correct file and start the update
7 - Wait for it to finish
8 - Pull out the thumb drive. Turn off the game. Wait for it to completely turn off.
9 - Turn on the game.
10 - After it boots it starts the node update sequence (only if the node code is different)
11 - Wait for the node board code to finish with a success message.
12 - Game goes into the attract mode.
You should not have had to reload the code at all. If it was a node board issue reloading the code would not help.
Thanks. Your help is very sincerely appreciated.
- Dwight

Thievery first time took a very long time to update considering size of file. Upon update I was eager to test out orbit test feature, when I did the interlocks stayed on the entire time, didn't think too much about this until I burnt myself as they should not be kept on for an extended amount of time. I figured I had a bad update and reload code. Second time I reloaded the orbit test feature worked itself out and they would only open when orbit switches were depressed. Still had the GI lights flicker so I reloaded again but still have the same issue as well as others with GI flickering when pressing both flippers at same time. I do have the updated node board with jumper wire FYI. Does your test pin show a GI flicker with newest code update and if so will this be addressed in later code? Thanks for all your Hard work Dwight, code is really looking sharp, now if I can just get the engineering aspects fixed I will be good to go.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

Dwight,
What do you do if step 7 keeps failing? I get an "update failed" at 99% progress (at updating 767,xxx /768,xxx KB). The game does not want to re-unpack the .spk. Should I reload with 1.21 and then try to update to 1.22 again?

Does it fail after a couple seconds or after minutes?

Please email me at [email protected]

#158 6 years ago

The flicker when flipping is so subtle I doubt would have noticed if it hadn't been brought up. Seems to be just in the lower pf area. Maybe using different bulbs like those noflix would mask it.

I like the weaker upper pf flippers. Thanks for the frequent updates.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who'd you get your topper from? I'm going on three weeks and still waiting for mine to arrive. I should probably just come to your house and see what it looks like.

I ordered it direct from Stern store.

image_(resized).jpg

#160 6 years ago

Dwight, just sent you a PM
My topper still has no movement, hope you can help

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

email sent Dwight.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Can I just point out how lucky we are to have the programmer for this game online to tell our problems to?

Can we all please not F it up like people over on the Hobbit thread did?

Thank you.

#163 6 years ago

Thievery first time took a very long time to update considering size of file. Upon update I was eager to test out orbit test feature, when I did the interlocks stayed on the entire time, didn't think too much about this until I burnt myself as they should not be kept on for an extended amount of time. I figured I had a bad update and reload code. Second time I reloaded the orbit test feature worked itself out and they would only open when orbit switches were depressed. Still had the GI lights flicker so I reloaded again but still have the same issue as well as others with GI flickering when pressing both flippers at same time. I do have the updated node board with jumper wire FYI. Does your test pin show a GI flicker with newest code update and if so will this be addressed in later code? Thanks for all your Hard work Dwight, code is really looking sharp, now if I can just get the engineering aspects fixed I will be good to go.

I think I understand now.

Sorry, it would have been in the release notes if we thought the release helped with the GI flicker. I am not near a GOT now, but in my minds eye, the flicker, if we are talking about the same thing, has always been there in game of thrones. I never considered it much of an issue. I will pass this along to our system guys and I will check it tomorrow on the factory line.

Thank you for your kind words. We are all dedicated to making the best product we can. And thanks again for your help and your hard work.

- Dwight

#164 6 years ago

Dwight
Is anything going to be done to make the left orbit function the way it should?

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

I think I understand now.
Sorry, it would have been in the release notes if we thought the release helped with the GI flicker. I am not near a GOT now, but in my minds eye, the flicker, if we are talking about the same thing, has always been there in game of thrones. I never considered it much of an issue. I will pass this along to our system guys and I will check it tomorrow on the factory line.
Thank you for your kind words. We are all dedicated to making the best product we can. And thanks again for your help and your hard work.
- Dwight

And thank you for a salient, rational response. I'm glad to see positive interaction!

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Dwight

I was told by stern today that they are working on something for the orbit.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Dwight

Sorry, all I can say is that we are looking into all the problems we have on all our games.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

Dwight,

When I updated to 1.21 I tried three or four times and it failed right then and there. I deleted the file off of my USB, downloaded it again, put it on the USB, and then tried the update again. On the second time the updated succeeded and then progressed to do the node board update. Long story, but try starting over from scratch, even with the source file download.

#169 6 years ago

Ok, so the engineer/worry-wart in me is wondering how this system is going to fail downstream. The Spike system is completely new to me, so apologies if this has been addressed multiple times. We've already established that all node board updates will be comprehensive with each new code revision, but how does it work for new node boards/replacement node boards? For example, lets say there's a stock of node boards sitting in STERN warehouse or at some vendor, a few months from now a node board blows, you order one, it comes in, how do you know what update level the node board is? Are we going to have to update our systems/node boards every time we get a replacement to make sure all boards are at the right software/firmware level? Is that going to wipe out our settings/scores each time? Just curious what to expect and plan for.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

When I updated to 1.21 I tried three or four times and it failed right then and there. I deleted the file off of my USB, downloaded it again, put it on the USB, and then tried the update again. On the second time the updated succeeded and then progressed to do the node board update. Long story, but try starting over from scratch, even with the source file download.

Thanks for the tips,

Turns out my usb stick went bad. It wouldn't even update to a known good copy of 1.21. Found another USB stick I had, and the update was successful!

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

I had immediate 2 failures and then switched to a different memory stick and it loaded successfully. I was always using the same file downloaded from stern. I also use windows and always make sure to safely remove the stick from windows.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Ok, so the engineer/worry-wart in me is wondering how this system is going to fail downstream. The Spike system is completely new to me, so apologies if this has been addressed multiple times. We've already established that all node board updates will be comprehensive with each new code revision, but how does it work for new node boards/replacement node boards? For example, lets say there's a stock of node boards sitting in STERN warehouse or at some vendor, a few months from now a node board blows, you order one, it comes in, how do you know what update level the node board is? Are we going to have to update our systems/node boards every time we get a replacement to make sure all boards are at the right software/firmware level? Is that going to wipe out our settings/scores each time? Just curious what to expect and plan for.

I personally have seen on my system that when you install a new node board on power on the machine recognizes that the firmware is out of date and does the update for that specific board. No worries there!

#173 6 years ago

Thread title updated to 1.22.

There are two USB ports in the Spike board. I have had updates fail in one port and then work in the other. It seems obvious to try this if you're having difficulty but thought I'd mention it anyway.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Thread title updated to 1.22.
There are two USB ports in the Spike board. I have had updates fail in one port and then work in the other. It seems obvious to try this if you're having difficulty but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Me too.

#175 6 years ago

Updated our LE with topper to 1.22 the day it was released. We always had odd flipper issues before, but just chalked it up to the "frozen" mode. Which I now know was not the case. Now the game is unplayable, all 4 flippers and lower GI cutting out constantly. Have a new node 8 board on it's way from Stern.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

We've already established that all node board updates will be comprehensive with each new code revision, but how does it work for new node boards/replacement node boards? For example, lets say there's a stock of node boards sitting in STERN warehouse or at some vendor, a few months from now a node board blows, you order one, it comes in, how do you know what update level the node board is? Are we going to have to update our systems/node boards every time we get a replacement to make sure all boards are at the right software/firmware level? Is that going to wipe out our settings/scores each time? Just curious what to expect and plan for.

Just speculation here on my part - but since the node board updates happen after you do a rom update AND power cycle the game... then it does the node update, I have to think that if you replace a node, that same update would happen on your next power cycle as it checked, and do so automatically with no other effort from you. That's what makes sense to me, i hope it's that simple.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just speculation here on my part - but since the node board updates happen after you do a rom update AND power cycle the game... then it does the node update, I have to think that if you replace a node, that same update would happen on your next power cycle as it checked, and do so automatically with no other effort from you. That's what makes sense to me, i hope it's that simple.

It should work just like that.

#178 6 years ago

So what am I missing here - my game is on code level 1.21 (read the readme files and there's nothing in there about this, so I'm thinking it's an issue on my end) - I set my extra ball to be lit after 3 houses (also tried it on auto). Took the glass off and physically walked through completing 3 houses and the extra ball did not light up. Wouldn't redeem either. I did that starting with house Martell. None of the other houses now are lighting the extra ball when selected at the start and completing three houses either. My extra ball setting in the menu is set to unlimited. It was working just fine before the 1.21 update. Anyone know what's going on?

#179 6 years ago

Decided to try to update to 1.22 to see if that resolved my EB issue, unfortunately the machine will not update. I followed the directions in the readme and what's posted in post #154 (I mean, this is pretty simple right? turn the game off, make sure it's completely off, insert USB, turn on, select file and update...) and it's a no go. I've tried the following:

- Multiple update attempts in both of the USB ports with a known good USB stick.
- Redownloaded the file, tried multiple attempts in both USB ports with the the previous USB stick.
- Different USB stick (that's been good for SAM updates), tried multiple times in both ports.

EVERY time, it reads the stick, reads the file, and fails at 767,993 KB. I've been trying this for over an hour now and at my wits end. It's been so consistent I took a video.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Decided to update to try to update to 1.22 to see if that resolved my EB issue, unfortunately the machine will not update. I followed the directions in the readme and what's posted in post #154 (I mean, this is pretty simple right? turn the game off, make sure it's completely off, insert USB, turn on, select file and update...) and it's a no go. I've tried the following:
- Multiple update attempts in both of the USB ports with a known good USB stick.
- Redownloaded the file, tried multiple attempts in both USB ports with the the previous USB stick.
- Different USB stick (that's been good for SAM updates), tried multiple times in both ports.
EVERY time, it reads the stick, reads the file, and fails at 767,993 KB. I've been trying this for over an hour now and at my wits end. It's been so consistent I took a video.

format usb and download code from a different computer. You are most likely getting adware installed on drive that is corrupting download because of added thumbnails or whatever to the code file

#181 6 years ago

format usb and download code from a different computer. You are most likely getting adware installed on drive that is corrupting download because of added thumbnails or whatever to the code file

Thanks, appreciate the suggestion. I think I'll give it a try another night, too frustrated right now. Seems ridiculous that I'd have to use another computer to re-download an almost 1 gig file and try it all over again...

#182 6 years ago

Before update to 1.20 my game played fine. After that update, I immediately had problem with flipper freeze and lower GI lights whenever I pressed both flippers at same time. Got a new node board 8 and that solved the problem. The node board 8's were defective. I believe that during update these particular boards fail and I suspect everyone who received one of this batch will have to replace it at some point after a code update. That said, I just updated to 1.22 and everything works great. Interestingly, even left orbit shot is hugely improved. Successfully made 3 of 5 attempts in first game. Topper works better and fire light in dragon mouth illuminates sometimes which I never saw before. Also flaps during game play. Game is just playing smoother and no audio glitches. I think Stern has done a great job with the updates/fixes. Has worked for me.

#183 6 years ago

I just posted an easy battering ram mod if you want to make your battering ram shot much easier:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-battering-ram-fix

#184 6 years ago

Edited: Was trying to swap node 8 board and mistook node 9 board for the node 8 board. All good now.

#185 6 years ago

Are you sure you got the right node board? A friend of mine had a replacement sent but they sent the wrong one by mistake.

#186 6 years ago

Just realized, wrong board, I was trying to swap out 9 instead of 8. That's what I get for rushing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!