Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160209_093757[1]_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Dudes who cares what you paid? If someone sells something new, it should work regardless what it costs. If you're extra concerned you paid $8k or $13k then I propose you probably can't afford the pin in the first place. People shouldn't be whining about what they paid. If they are then it's their fault for paying what they think is too much.
Stern supports all their tiers equally be it a $4700 pro or a $7800 LE. You were not mislead to think that you were paying $3100 more for bullet proofing and a guarantee that nothing could go wrong. So quit whining about what you paid.

Perhaps you should consider the exchange rates for those outside the U.S. You wouldn't pay $7800 u.s if the currency was reversed here in Australia.
I also doubt anyone who bought an LE thought they were by buying some super strength pinball each rigorously and individually tested for flaws and came with extended guarantees.
Oh yeah my lost revenue and downtime isn't good for small business last time I checked.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Is the sd card something we get from stern if need replacing or something we can just go get at say a Best Buy?

Just download the code and put on a usb and plug into the backbox,turn on,open coin door press select to update. Remove,reboot,go.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Is the sd card something we get from stern if need replacing or something we can just go get at say a Best Buy?

Stern replaces. Contact them.

#104 8 years ago

well said T-800, mine's flawless also, and what I've heard from the belgian distributor its been the perfect stern for all the other buyers too, something that hasn't been the case the last few years.

I also did not feel to need to shout out how well it was working.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Perhaps you should consider the exchange rates for those outside the U.S. You wouldn't pay $7800 u.s if the currency was reversed here in Australia.
I also doubt anyone who bought an LE thought they were by buying some super strength pinball each rigorously and individually tested for flaws and came with extended guarantees.
Oh yeah my lost revenue and downtime isn't good for small business last time I checked.

Honestly, I completely agree with everything you said above. It's all relevant. But what you paid isnt. If you only paid $3000 for the game, you'd still deserve the exact same support.

Quoted from fliperz:

Not whining dude. I can afford NIB Stern games all day long, but I am following these threads to see if I want to buy a NIB project now or wait till Stern starts fixing known issues. I am not even opposed to paying full price for HUO that works perfectly and with a few mods. I am happy that GeminiTwist got it sorted out. As for you Markmon, thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to this conversation, do everyone a favor and quit spamming the GOT threads. Having the most thumbs downs in all The GOT threads does not earn you a trophy.

This was a threat topic about GoT LE v1.21 code update not a thread about what you paid. Off topic statements will get off topic responses.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Honestly, I completely agree with everything you said above. It's all relevant. But what you paid isnt. If you only paid $3000 for the game, you'd still deserve the exact same support.

This was a threat topic about GoT LE v1.21 code update not a thread about what you paid. Off topic statements will get off topic responses.

From the beginning my comments are about what 1.21 did to my machine. At least one other Pinsider has the same problem. $13k wasn't and isn't my issue. My LE is being picked tomorrow by an interstate company and a NIB L.E delivered on Wednesday,this would have only been approved by Stern in Sydney and even then via Chicago I'm sure. That doesn't happen due to a broken throne or scratched decal.
A few LE's are having issues which Stern will rectify.
An incredible machine in so many ways and people set on getting an LE or premium should not be put off by my words or any in this forum and continue with the purchase.
Premiums now in production along with new game codes will be free of these issues by then.
If you see these comments as unrelated to 1.21 then that's your opinion.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

$13k wasn't and isn't my issue.

Sounds like we agree then

#108 8 years ago

For what it's worth, I finally updated my game to 1.21 this weekend. First 3 attempts all failed at the very end of the update. Downloaded the file again, tried the update, failed, did it one more time and then the update took. So far everything looks to be good, my sound gaps went away too. Anyone that's having issues with the update try it multiple times and try downloading the source file again, worked for me as strange as it was.

#109 8 years ago

I updated to 1.21 and now every game I have random times where the flippers just freeze for a second. Losing so many balls. Never had this before the update. I saw some others post that they had this issue and were told it was the node board 8. I thought it was a bug in the new code, but if most of you don't have this problem, I guess I will call Chas too.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I updated to 1.21 and now every game I have random times where the flippers just freeze for a second. Losing so many balls. Never had this before the update. I saw some others post that they had this issue and were told it was the node board 8. I thought it was a bug in the new code, but if most of you don't have this problem, I guess I will call Chas too.

Are your lower playfield lights going out at the same time? If so, that's the node board. If your left flipper is freezing during Battle for the Wall multiball, that's part of the code.

#111 8 years ago

It is not the Wall. It happens mostly during multiball and the lights do go out too.

#112 8 years ago

Please post when you get the issue resolved and what the final fix was.

#113 8 years ago

I just played again with wife so I could confirm what is happening . If both flipper buttons are depressed at the same time, or any overlap, then both flippers will temporarily seize and the lower playfield GI lights go out, only lasts a second. It happens right after plunge when ball hits upper playfield because we are trying to use both flippers. Then it happens during multiball, when you need to use both flippers. Tomorrow I will check the connections on node board and if that is the problem I will post it. If not, I will be calling Stern. Thanks for your input folks.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I just played again with wife so I could confirm what is happening . If both flipper buttons are depressed at the same time, or any overlap, then both flippers will temporarily seize and the lower playfield GI lights go out, only lasts a second. It happens right after plunge when ball hits upper playfield because we are trying to use both flippers. Then it happens during multiball, when you need to use both flippers. Tomorrow I will check the connections on node board and if that is the problem I will post it. If not, I will be calling Stern. Thanks for your input folks.

It's node 8, brother...call Chas at Stern to get it confirmed, then call your distro for a replacement to be sent out. Why Stern does it that way, I have no idea (you're already on the phone with them!). But that's your solution. Waiting for my replacement now.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's node 8, brother...call Chas at Stern to get it confirmed, then call your distro for a replacement to be sent out. Why Stern does it that way, I have no idea (you're already on the phone with them!). But that's your solution. Waiting for my replacement now.

Stern had a bad batch of node boards. They are super fast getting out replacements. This shouldn't be a problem moving forward. If you want to test further Node board 8 and 11 are interchangeable if you want to confirm it's a board problem. There is a position switch you have to adjust if you swap the boards into other positions.

#116 8 years ago

what is the date time stamp on these GOT LE pins?

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

My distributor has replaced my entire machine more so due to damage. Pat from Stern has confirmed node 8 board # 520-6935-10 needs replacing.
New LE is being delivered in a few hours. Fingers crossed for no more issues.Good luck.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Please post when you get the issue resolved and what the final fix was.

node 8 board # 520-6935-10
Confirmed.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Spoke to Chas today. He said exactly above. Have to call distributor tomorrow with serial #.

#120 8 years ago

Don't hold your breath, it took 13 agonizing days for me to receive my replacement node board. However, well worth it. This pin is awesome.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Don't hold your breath, it took 13 agonizing days for me to receive my replacement node board. However, well worth it. This pin is awesome.

Big deal. I'm going on a week waiting for my topper. I have to keep reminding myself I'm a 51-year-old man with multiple jobs and responsibilities and to stop acting like a 12-year-old on Christmas Eve. But, man, is it tough to wait ...

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I think every replacement part where ever in the world should be shipped 1st class overnight regardless of the distributor.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Big deal. I'm going on a week waiting for my topper. I have to keep reminding myself I'm a 51-year-old man with multiple jobs and responsibilities and to stop acting like a 12-year-old on Christmas Eve. But, man, is it tough to wait ...

But at least you can still play mate, mine was unplayable to due to flipper failure with the node board. 13 days no play isn't good enough.
ps Those Toppers are $850 down here..whoa

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

But at least you can still play mate, mine was unplayable to due to flipper failure with the node board. 13 days no play isn't good enough.
ps Those Toppers are $850 down here..whoa

Nope. I had the flipper failure too. Just got my node board yesterday. When it comes to waiting, nobody beats me. (I have a WOZ, so...)

#125 8 years ago

Obligatory idiocracy reference

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#126 8 years ago

My I ask if node board 8 is failing after newest code is installed?

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My I ask if node board 8 is failing after newest code is installed?

That's when mine went.

#128 8 years ago

I haven't updated to latest code yet,and my left flipper went completely dead while in a multiball mode.
started working on its own while playing.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I haven't updated to latest code yet,and my left flipper went completely dead while in a multiball mode.
started working on its own while playing.

It's a feature in the game. You got Frozen!!

#130 8 years ago

Really,if thats true they got me on that one LOL

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Really,if thats true they got me on that one LOL

Definitely true if you were in the winter has come multiball.

#132 8 years ago

I thought I was in Battle for the wall,maybe I had both going.
I guess thats ok then,better than having an issue with it.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I thought I was in Battle for the wall,maybe I had both going.
I guess thats ok then,better than having an issue with it.

Another surprise at midnight for you then? Make sure the clock is set though. wtf is happening and FUN! Just be playing before midnight

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had the flipper failure too. Just got my node board yesterday.

Did the new node board solve your flipper freeze and lower GI light issue?
My Node board supposed to come tomorrow.

#135 8 years ago

Yes...as far as I can tell. Just a word of warning: This whole Spike system just behaves...well...weird, for lack of a better word. When I put the board in, I immediately had a flipper freeze/lights out and panicked. But that was the last time. Then, shortly after, I had a few situations where the ball drained but wasn't recognized by the ball trough optos until I hit both flipper buttons. That, too, went away. It's almost like the machine has to think about what's been done and filter out the bugs. I've never seen another machine behave this way, and it's really strange.

But yes, my machine is working so far.

#136 8 years ago

Glad to hear you are up and runnin. Will put new board in tomorrow. I'll be on the lookout for weird stuff.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes...as far as I can tell. Just a word of warning: This whole Spike system just behaves...well...weird, for lack of a better word. When I put the board in, I immediately had a flipper freeze/lights out and panicked. But that was the last time. Then, shortly after, I had a few situations where the ball drained but wasn't recognized by the ball trough optos until I hit both flipper buttons. That, too, went away. It's almost like the machine has to think about what's been done and filter out the bugs. I've never seen another machine behave this way, and it's really strange.
But yes, my machine is working so far.

I had the same exact initial behavior happen with the new revision node board replacement including the ball detection failure (the trough optos are connected on node board 8 as well). The issues go away after playing for a while. But, when you power the machine on the next day they come back (my flippers were freezing like crazy the next day and the lower GI blinking out). You and I having the exact same problems with the replacements prove the new revision boards do not fix the problem! I emailed Chas last night, to ask him what's next. The way the problem shows up most frequently when the machine is first turned on smells like a capacitor problem to me. I asked him if he thought it could be a bad batch of power distribution boards. Sorry for the bad new Beez, but I don't think your problems are over either. Sadly your post cheered me up a little. I'm glad knowing I'm not the only one!

#138 8 years ago

I replaced node board 8. First game, hit both flippers and seized, lower GI lights out, same as before. But then, just like you guys said, it went away. Played three games and worked fine. I am still skeptical that problem won't return, as jrnyman says above. Gonna try it again later, don't want to be disappointed just yet.

Was feeling good, so then I installed my topper. It said "update failed" two times and had tech alert for node 1. Sigh..... But then I did what someone posted on of these threads, unplugged one of the J45s turned it on, update failed again. Then reconnected, powered on and success, no more error and can play, Start button lit. So it seems ok. Dragon doesn't do anything during gameplay, but the lights work and it flaps when you start up machine. Need next code update I reckon.

I also lowered the left drop targets slightly, by loosening 2 screws underneath. This prevents balls from launching off the rubber because the ball was hitting the top of the downed targets and launching off the rubber. Had hit glass a few times. All fixed, targets flush when down. Also lowered target in front of ramp to upper playfield, and this has stopped the ball hitting the plastic and coming back down the ramp.

Enough tinkering for one day for. Still a great machine and having fun.

#139 8 years ago

Any help guys on how to fix the left orbit or adjustments that can be made?

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

I had the same exact initial behavior happen with the new revision node board replacement including the ball detection failure (the trough optos are connected on node board 8 as well). The issues go away after playing for a while. But, when you power the machine on the next day they come back (my flippers were freezing like crazy the next day and the lower GI blinking out). You and I having the exact same problems with the replacements prove the new revision boards do not fix the problem! I emailed Chas last night, to ask him what's next. The way the problem shows up most frequently when the machine is first turned on smells like a capacitor problem to me. I asked him if he thought it could be a bad batch of power distribution boards. Sorry for the bad new Beez, but I don't think your problems are over either. Sadly your post cheered me up a little. I'm glad knowing I'm not the only one!

Had the flippers and lights go out again today, but the upper flippers went too. Is this normal when node 8 fails? i.e.: are ALL the flippers on node 8 since they don't work independently?

Quoted from oPinsesame:

Was feeling good, so then I installed my topper. It said "update failed" two times and had tech alert for node 1. Sigh..... But then I did what someone posted on of these threads, unplugged one of the J45s turned it on, update failed again. Then reconnected, powered on and success, no more error and can play, Start button lit. So it seems ok. Dragon doesn't do anything during gameplay, but the lights work and it flaps when you start up machine. Need next code update I reckon.

Who'd you get your topper from? I'm going on three weeks and still waiting for mine to arrive. I should probably just come to your house and see what it looks like.

Quoted from musketd:

Any help guys on how to fix the left orbit or adjustments that can be made?

I just bought the fix from Capguntrooper. It's worth it to get something that's proven to work. If Stern comes up with something better, then hey!...I have a backup plan.

#141 8 years ago

Anyone, I just set up my premium it came with current code and I have the topper. I have node 12 alert? I also feel like my flippers are a little laggy or non-snappy. The right more than the left. thanks.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Anyone, I just set up my premium it came with current code and I have the topper. I have node 12 alert? I also feel like my flippers are a little laggy or non-snappy. The right more than the left. thanks.

I have had several sterns come with flippers that are not gapped correctly, flipper buttons that are gapped wrong not sensitive enough, and end of stroke switches that fire way too early. Fixing these problems always brings the life back into the flippers. Start with those basics first and see where you're at.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Had the flippers and lights go out again today, but the upper flippers went too. Is this normal when node 8 fails? i.e.: are ALL the flippers on node 8 since they don't work independently?

Yes, the upper flippers are connected to node 8 so if the board is having issues they can turn off too. You're probably the first person who happened to notice the upper flippers go out when the lights and the lower flippers went out as well. It's probably happened the whole time since we've seen this issue. in the 1.21 readme, for the firmware update for the boards they talk about "improved handling of overcurrent conditions". Overcurrent on circuit boards is a bad thing. It means they are frying parts on the board. So when we are seeing the lower GI and flippers go out they are probably shutting off the current to the whole board after detecting an overcurrent condition to stop parts from frying on the board.

On the earlier code (1.01) they were definitely frying circuit components, because eventually you would just lose power for all coils associated with that board permanently and the board needed to be replaced. (Had that happen to me more than once).

I studied the hardware on the two board revisions (the old and new). Everything seems to be the same except they bridged a pin on two of the transistors together with a wire on the underside of the board. It works out to be the transistors for the right slingshot and right lower flipper on node board 8.

So, it seems to me they still have board issues for the Spike 8 48V driver node board that GOT LE/Prem node 8 uncovers. Why this one machine and board? Because it has two slingshots, two sets of flippers, and the lord of light target bank all tied to it. And a lot of those coils can be firing at once. KISS and WWE probably did not have as many coils firing at once on their 8 48V driver node boards (just like node board 11 on GOT LE/Prem which is also a 8 48V driver node board).

And nope, have not heard back from Chas yet...

#144 8 years ago

I notice it happens the most when the Castle Black kickback is triggered. Of course, when that happens, you instinctively hit the flippers almost simultaneously to avoid a drain. Maybe that's one cause for the problem. Thanks for the great explanation. I'll be emailing Chas and my distro tomorrow, and calling Chas on Monday.

#145 8 years ago

Chas emailed me that 1.22 code should fix my issues... I'll need two days to prove this.

#146 8 years ago

Still getting GI flicker on 1.22 code when both flippers are depressed, anyone else? I have had to reload code three times now.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Still getting GI flicker on 1.22 code when both flippers are depressed, anyone else? I have had to reload code three times now.

Cap, do you have the latest revision node board for board 8 (with a wire bridging two transistors on the underside of the board? Mine's still loading the code, I'll let you know how it goes.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

Cap, do you have the latest revision node board for board 8 (with a wire bridging two transistors on the underside of the board? Mine's still loading the code, I'll let you know how it goes.

yes i have the newest node board

#149 8 years ago

Flicker still present here. Never updated node 8 board but I do have one on the way.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Flicker still present here. Never updated node 8 board but I do have one on the way.

I sent Chas an email about it. Who here does not have the GI flicker? I made sure my Node board dip settings were exactly as the sold one, is there a setting it should be on I am not aware that will prevent this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-code-121-up-at-stern/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.