image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willy39.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 8 years ago

So Stern has still been quiet about this problem? They must see that a fix has been found but shouldn't they be responsible to fix the issue rather than having to purchase an after market part? I applaud your efforts but I just can't believe that stern is doing nothing to rectify a new game still under warranty. It obviously is a production flaw. And the problem is still there with the premiums. Has any distributors and customers got any feedback from stern on the left orbit issue?

#16 8 years ago

I have a premium arriving any day now and I am in disbelief they can sell a anything as expensive as a pinball machine with flaws that effect gameplay. And worst. Not address it and send out premiums with a known flaw! My first stern nib may be my last. Stern reps I hope u are reading this!!!!

#25 8 years ago

I don't see stern asking for less money. They want full price then i want a full working game. I sold off most of my collection to get this game. When we accept lower standards at high prices then who is winning? The consumer drives the market. There are not enough operators to keep stern in the black. Home buyers are driving this surge in pinball sales. I don't even have my game yet and I am already pissed off that there is a good chance it won't work as intended. I don't care if stern isn't happy with my comments. I spent over $6500 on a toy. A selfish purchase when I could have used it on something for my house, or my kids, or a real nice vacation with the family. Maybe if I had enough expendable money to order every nib I wouldn't care but this is my first and probably only nib and stern has tainted it for me. I put deposit down in September. It's almost February and no word on a shipping date and when it arrives I know there will be issues. I have to "tweak" it and mod it just for it to play as intended. BS

#27 8 years ago

Let me sell you a bucket with a hole in it. It mostly works like it should. I will send out the cork fix soon so no worries right???

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You could probably cancel the order

I know that's an option. It's my dream theme. I have been day and night looking at posts about the game. I just want to hear something from stern on it! Them making and shipping premiums with the issue makes me think they are not in a hurry to fix this or it's not a priority.

#32 8 years ago

Like I said. My first experience with a nib and a nib at launch. I didn't know this was the norm. I expected better. It just feels like they are "on to the next" already with SMVE.

#34 8 years ago

It's a premium I'm getting. The wait is just an annoyance. I'm more upset at the issues affecting gameplay. I would wait longer if they addressed the issue and fixed it while on the production line.

#62 8 years ago

This won't deter me from my purchase. Though if the intent is to do a complete orbit, then that is what I want it do. I don't want to rack up points or easily complete modes because a design flaw. It is also easier to rack up points with the glass off as well. If Steve aka "King of Flow" wants to flow around the orbit then that's what it should be. I just want the Stern to communicate that they know there is a production flaw, and that they are still producing LE/Premiums with the known flaw, and when a fix kit will be sent out to current owners, as well as when they will be producing games on the line with the problem fixed from the factory. It's the least we can ask for what these things cost. Communication is key and lack of communication makes a lot of us assume they don't care, when in actuality my guess is they do care.

#93 8 years ago

I feel like I should order my diverter fix now though my game did not even come in yet! Meanwhile...at the Stern factory.....crickets.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Stern said today that they are working on a fix and will issue a service bulletin when they have it finalized.

So...keep making premiums with a known problem and ship them out? I think most premium owners would put up with a slight delay if they knew it was fixing an issue that impacted gameplay.

#101 8 years ago

No one knows for sure. From my observation it looks like most on pinside have the issue, a few may be working properly, and I think most don't know there is an issue. A lot of first time owners who bought for the theme probably don't even know of pinside! Just my guess. Would love to see a poll. I really want to be optimistic that my game will come with a working full orbit shot.

1 week later
#166 8 years ago

Maybe I am the lucky one, or Stern is addressing these issues on the production line. I have had to bricks at all going up right ramp, my battering ram is not rubbing on the screw, my battering ram registers a shot almost every good hit, I have had no right orbit issues, and when diverter is open I have been able to hit left orbits.

I do plan still on taking the upper play field off to have a look-see as there have been time it went into pops but not sure if thats because it was not a clean shot from flippers.

I do have one question though, my drop down gate in front of right ramp seems to be always down in gameplay. It does work because i tested it in diagnostics. Is this gate not fully utilized yet in the code, and when should I expect that the gate should be up? Only certain modes?

#170 8 years ago

To fix the orbit do u need to remove the throne as well or just the upper platfield?

2 months later
#368 7 years ago

I thought SR originally said NOT to remove those rubber rings. That it was not the issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willy39.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix?tu=willy39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.