image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider opinsesame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Nice. how did you attach that metal piece?

1 month later
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

But I never had a plunge that made the complete orbit. Now after adding the mod it is about 50/50 miniplayfield v full orbit on a plunge. Is this normal? Did I mess something up during reinstall (Maybe the left side metal flap thing ?

I have not installed Cap's fix, and have never removed the upper playfield. After the recent code update I began to have some plunges go right around and come down left orbit, and some that drop right into pop bumpers. Before this latest update 99% of plunges went to elevator. I think all of these issues with the diverter are code based. No offense to OP, and I greatly appreciate all of his experimentation and DIY projects, and I agree Stern has been way to slow/quiet about these hiccups; however, I believe that the ball not making orbits is more a function of the code, based on the active house, and maybe other things that I am too dumb to understand. I have seen changes which appear to be physical(such as increase in left orbit completion percentage, new plunge orbits around to left flipper, ball staying in throne more) but where I have made no physical alterations, and hence it is clearly code. I am getting complete left orbits about 40% of the time. I just think it may be a function of the house I am playing. Just my experience.

#203 8 years ago

Cap, i think I have read all of your posts on the various GOT threads. Your first "fix" for the left orbit was to reduce the size of the rubber rings on the castle black lanes. You named the thread -FIX. You later acknowledged it didn't solve the problem. Then you made your diverter shield, which, from many posts I have read, including from you, did not solve the problem, and created some issues with right orbits as was reported by some. If it is hardware problem and your's is a "fix" then it should have fixed it 100%. You then posted that there are screws protruding down blocking the ball and showed a video. Even fixing that has not solved the orbit problem. But just because you have placed all these orders for your fixes does not prove your point. You and others have accused Stern of not testing, QC lapses, etc. and I agree on that. But how many fixes have you sent out, that don't work? I was merely pointing out to people that I have seen improvement in left orbit, just from the updates, or maybe just from the game breaking in. Again, I think it's great you like to tinker with your game and have enjoyed many of your ideas, especially castle black lights that you can see. And I appreciate your service to our country. But, GOT was my first pin. All these threads about problems, fixes, etc has diminished the enjoyment and I think it works people into a frenzy about their game not being perfect. In that state many people will order anything. If the issue is hardware as you say, then I wish you would refrain from proclaiming a FIX until you have one. I acknowledge it is not your job to fix the game, and this is your thread, but if you are peddling "fixes" that don't work, I am not down with that. I believe others will share my opinion here. And others will call me names.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The left orbit issue IS a mechanical/design issue, and I've talked to Chas at Stern who has confirmed that the engineering team has been looking at this. Capguntrooper is the ONLY person to come up with a home-made solution, and has taken the time to document all the issues

I agree the left orbit does not function correctly. I appreciate Cap being the first to examine it and document under the playfield pics, etc. All I intended to point out with my first comment was that based on what OTHERS including Cap himself have posted, his fixes did not solve the problem. The improvement in orbits that some have described is similar to what I have observed on my machine with no hardware changes and only code updates. Others have also posted about improvements in orbits over time. Again I think that Stern should fix the problem and I will wait for them to do so. I am sure Cap's posts and efforts have been followed by the Stern team and will prove to be invaluable. I just noted that I saw improvement with the new code. Maybe there is something to the magnet, diverter, etc in the code.

Beelzeboob, you can come play my machine and see if the orbit plays any different than yours.

If Stern had sent these "fixes" out to everyone, how many of you would be complaining?

Quoted from capguntrooper:

The shield bracket IS in FACT a fix,

I would love to see a video of you shooting left orbits consistently. That would certainly be the pudding.

#218 8 years ago

Cap, I assume in orbit test mode the gate is open. Mine does the same, round and round, with no shield. The original question/problem was the orbit during regular game play. Clearly the code controls the gates. I am glad that your shield has worked for you and whoever has benefited from it. I only questioned it because you yourself had said that it didn't solve the problem, but made it better. That is why I suggested maybe it had to do with the code. I thought your use of the word 'Fix' was perhaps too strong. I admit my use of word 'peddling' was unfair. I never meant to imply you had dishonest intentions or were scamming people. As I have said repeatedly I appreciate your time and energy and investigation of the game. So I will leave it at that and leave your thread as you asked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider opinsesame.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix?tu=opinsesame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.