image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I don't see stern asking for less money. They want full price then i want a full working game. I sold off most of my collection to get this game. When we accept lower standards at high prices then who is winning? The consumer drives the market. There are not enough operators to keep stern in the black. Home buyers are driving this surge in pinball sales. I don't even have my game yet and I am already pissed off that there is a good chance it won't work as intended. I don't care if stern isn't happy with my comments. I spent over $6500 on a toy. A selfish purchase when I could have used it on something for my house, or my kids, or a real nice vacation with the family. Maybe if I had enough expendable money to order every nib I wouldn't care but this is my first and probably only nib and stern has tainted it for me. I put deposit down in September. It's almost February and no word on a shipping date and when it arrives I know there will be issues. I have to "tweak" it and mod it just for it to play as intended. BS

Your collection shows you have GOT PRO, not premium. So you shouldn't have to worry about the orbit fix. However, if that was a mistake adding the pro instead of the LE, then disregard. But 2 posts up, Paul brings up very valid points in that almost all early production pins, there will he issues and rehashing. Stern is not alone, just ask early WOZ owners. this issue does suck and I hope stern gets it resolved in a timely manner.

That said, if you still haven't received your order, you should be able to get a refund with all these delays. It's not like you won't be able to buy again when their production parts are back to shipping at a normal rate and/or they resolve these mechanical issues.

But it does suck having to wait for an nib, and not knowing if it's going to even work as designed so I feel your pain. I've learned from the past not to go in on early production games until I felt safe to dive in. Dream themes don't always mean you have to be the first one to have it.

#97 8 years ago

I love boobs.....and game of thrones!

2 weeks later
#256 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely not always.
NOT open: Stark, Tyrell,
OPEN: Martell, Greyjoy,
Unsure: Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon

It's open during Baratheon

#257 8 years ago

One thing I've observed in this thread is that there still isnt a 100% fix for the orbit on the PREM/LE. Capgun's shield fix appears to the best but still seems to have inconsistent results. Hopefully, stern comes up with a permanent resolution for future premiums & LEs, and hopefully there's a patch fix as well for all the existing models as well.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Thanks, and SKB too, so outside of house modes, I'm safe to assume its going into the pops by means of the gates, yes?
I'm getting quite a shock out of the right orbit now that the loop is working more often, game on!!

No, if you're not in a house mode, the orbit should be open on combo shots (when red arrows are lit). Anytime the red arrow is lit in fact, it should loop.
Additionally, on the pro; if you've played BFW MB, then every left orbit shot, combo or not, should orbit all the way around. This is programmed so you cannot exploit BFW MB over and over like you could in older code. Ironically, you can exploit it with the right orbit shot but is riskier.

#268 8 years ago

Hey guys, this is from Steve Ritchie. Read the bottom about the orbit! If I were an owner with this issue, I'd just be patient and wait it out:

A “Battering Ram Fix” is not necessary, in fact, it’s cheating! Battering Rams in new GOT machines are a bit stiff, but break-in nicely after a few plays. It was designed to take a hard hit to make the switch. It is easy to move a real battering ram. No it takes work. Do the work. You can shoot it all day from the right flipper on any stock GOT. It’s a little tougher from the left flipper. To make the Battering Ram any easier to score is cheating!

In other news, we are working on a left orbit solution.

#279 8 years ago

So if the software 'learns' how much power to use in the up kicker. And, some people are reporting that their elevator up kicker has to re-learn every time they power the game on. Im wondering, if those people's machines have an issue with the battery holder? I remember reading about someone having a problem with their machine holding the date/time for midnight madness then later found that the battery holder pins werent firmly holding the battery or something to that matter. Just food for thought.

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Supposedly, the software "learns" how much force the elevator upkicker needs. That said, I did have to remove the four screws in the back and put the washers in so that they weren't sticking out into the elevator. Since I've done that, the elevator works (almost) every time.

Hey guys. Had a short e-conversation with Dwight about this. He's trying to stay off pinside for the time being. He didn't say why, but I speculate it's because it's how busy he is. Anyway, he said the there is no learning pulse power of the elevator up kicker, not sure where that rumor came from, but here's what he told me:

The elevator does not learn. It kicks the same every time. I am not sure where the rumor started. But it might have been the readme. In the readme I stated that the Throne Learns:

- Automatic strength adjustment for THRONE eject. The system will determine
the softest kick strength necessary to ensure reliable ejection of the ball.
This feature can be disabled/reset in the adjustments.

I think some people read that and made the wrong conclusions.

2 months later
#423 7 years ago

I wonder if sterns reading this thread and will at the very least fix any new production premiums for future.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.