image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bhwolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 8 years ago

Ok, after putting about 50 games on my premium... The game is a lot of fun, really like the nonlinear way it can be played...each game feels different. Overall I'm enjoying the game but for issues:

From a technical perspective: I can get some left orbits, but not consistently. I'd say 30%. Left orbit screws for the plastic cover do not touch the ball. Fixed screws protruding into elevator shaft.

My biggest annoyance, running 1.23, is that elevator occasionally won't make it to the playfield about 10%, won't make it to the throne ramp about 20%, and bounces out of throne about 10%. The last one is really annoying because for mystery choices, the flippers are dead so the ball drains.

Since I'm whining, this is my first Stern... Pushing the playfield back down after it has been lifted seems to need quite a bit of force to get over that last catch. Not sure why this is, my Bally games slide back effortlessly.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

My Orbit shot works 8 from 10 shots. But I still have other Problems. The biggest one is my elevator. Everytime I switch my game on it has to learn how to bring the ball back up. And that needs 5-7 kicks. the next time it goes in there it need 2-3 kicks and after that it works almost every time as long I don't switch the game off.
The secomd problem is not so important, the kick back works only by very perfect shot. Most of the time the shot is registerd as a good shot but the kicker is not fast enough to hit the ball before it comes back.
Has anybody here noticed the same problems?

You mean the dragon kick back? Yes, on occasion I've noticed that -- Seems about the same as an LE I played, too.

Have you removed the protruding screws from the elevator? I get occasional misfires (usually to the throne level).

2 months later
#439 7 years ago

Just did the coil sleeve mod and adjusted the diverter by expanding the holes slightly.

As a tip for the diverter... Remove the screws and see how much play there is to slide it. That will give you and idea as to much to remove. Turned out mine was pretty much all the way up, I suppose it may be slightly better. But the coil sleeve mod seems to help, nailed a couple orbits already and previously would only get about 20%.

Is it just my imagination, or are there a couple of duplicate connectors without obvious color coding under the playfield where all the ramp wires go? Seems like there were a couple of three pin adapters ... But I was annoyed this took so many hours to do, I just hooked it all up and pray-tested. Everything seemed to work, so the adapters are either swappable or I guessed correctly.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

There's a couple of connectors that are the same (mainly the ramp opto's). If you feed them through the same holes I don't think you could get them mixed up as the wires wouldn't be long enough. Either way, I just labeled mine with a sharpie before disconnecting. I know people frown on that but I don't care. Makes it so much easier to get things back together and I have the added bonus of not guessing if I got it right.

Good to know -- I think I got one of the holes wrong based on my photos (which didn't give me enough info to really figure it all out)... however visually I couldn't tell the difference from above the playfield. Marking them with a sharpie makes sense and I've done that before.

I checked the opts/switches in diagnostics and they seem to be the right position/ramp, so I may have just guessed correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bhwolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix?tu=bhwolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.