image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't think it's a big deal, I'm gonna depopulate the topside a bit to clean/wax it real good and put on clear rubbers when I get mine. As long as they address it in the near future with a fix kit I'm good.
Capguntrooper has made these issues easy to address.
It's not as if the game is unplayable, just needs some tweaks. Relax....

YOU relax. Why do you defend everything Stern does? If this was JJP, you'd be shitting all over them. It's an inexcusable flaw and needs to be addressed. You need to be consistent in your criticism, Flank.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How do you know what is intended vs what is not? These mods are to improve player experience and are not required to play the game the way stern intended.

Come on, Mark. Are you kidding? As much as I love my GOT LE, I've got a wall elevator that takes two to three tries to get the ball to the upper playfield. I've got a left orbit shot that NEVER makes it all the way around in a mode when that shot is necessary to complete the mode. I've got a ramp that launches balls up into the shield and bricks any shot that SHOULD have made it to the upper playfield with no problem. These are all design problems...and you're suggesting that Stern intended the game to play like shit?

When I get my diverter fix from Capguntrooper, I'll have to spend a day taking the thing apart to try to fix all of these things that should have worked out of the box. Tweaking I understand. But this is far from tweaking a new machine. And that's bullshit when you spend as much on a new Stern as they're charging these days.

#47 8 years ago

My apologies for calling it a mod in my post above, Cap. I've changed the wording.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

I don't want this minor issue to deter people from buying this pin, because even as it stands, the game is awesome.

True. But it's really frigging annoying when I hit the right ramp to the upper pf perfectly (too perfectly) and the speed of the ball launches it, it bricks against the shield, and drains SDTM. That's BS, man...

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What happens if you take the shield off? I'm sure nothing good, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Nah...I've already had balls launch OVER the shield and bounce around the castle wall, plastics, etc., before returning to the PF. And you're right...that's nothing good.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is Stern sending you out a new ramp?

Haven't asked for one, and quite frankly, I think the problem would persist with another ramp. It doesn't seem to be flawed in any way.

Quoted from Asael:

Please try to adjust the drop target that is before this ramp with the screw under it. So the head of the drop target is flat with the playfield. That helped with my ramp.

Thanks for this...I never even thought of this as being a problem. I do have issues where I hit the target dead on and the ball just bounces off of it.

Quoted from capguntrooper:

try loosing the two screws slightly that hold ramp down witch will change angle or the metal shield that connects ramp to play field and let me know if that helps, if it doesn't I can get you larger spacers for your plastic shield that may improve that bounce, today I will be cutting out a modified plastic shield that will prevent the launching over issue.

I read this fix from you a while back, but hadn't tried it yet. I will this time. I was just going to use two small post rubbers as spacers (as was pictured in your other thread.)

By the way...maybe you should consider NOT going to Afghanistan to save the world from scumbag terrorists, but instead get a job as the sole QC manager at Stern and save the pinball world from crappy manufacturing.

#91 8 years ago

Me too. Add it to my diverter fix order.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love boobs.....and game of thrones!

Thank you.

#135 8 years ago

If you are not happy with it, please return it and I will gladly refund your money.

If you're not happy with your order, you probably should just keep it and shut your mouth since Cap is heading to Afghanistan in April to put his ass in the line of fire. Who really cares about a few bucks when you look at it that way?

Not me. Cap...you'll get no bitching or refund requests from me. Keep up the great work!

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So pinside isn't the place to talk about troubleshooting issues with pinball machines? Get a grip dude. This has nothing to do with his service, which is admirable.

I didn't quote you, so YOU get a grip. My point is that I wouldn't return a part that's that inexpensive, especially after he took the time to troubleshoot the problem, create a fix, and then craft and ship them. It would be up to me to make the fix work if it's been proven to work in videos. The fact that he's a serviceman makes me feel even better about letting him keep my money.

His fix is a hell of a lot better than the one Stern has sent me, that's for damn sure.

#141 8 years ago

LOL, thanks Beelze, but I am not asking for a pass cause I am on my way to my fourth deployment.

Who asked your opinion? What...do you think this is your thread or something?

#143 8 years ago

Wait till his node 8 boards start crapping out like mine have.

#154 8 years ago

The node board problem seems to not be a node board problem after all. I installed the new code update, which addresses the flippers shutting down, and I haven't had any problems (which is probably why Stern tech support ignored my email about getting a new node board).

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Beelzeboob - does your GI flicker when you hit the flipper buttons?

No. But install the latest code. There was something causing node board problems. I just put in the new code and my flipper problems are totally fixed. Weak flippers, dead flippers, everything.

#164 8 years ago

Hey, Cap...did you or anybody else figure out a fix for the ball getting hung up under that gate by the throne/castle black lanes?

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Maybe I am the lucky one, or Stern is addressing these issues on the production line. I have had to bricks at all going up right ramp, my battering ram is not rubbing on the screw, my battering ram registers a shot almost every good hit, I have had no right orbit issues, and when diverter is open I have been able to hit left orbits.
I do plan still on taking the upper play field off to have a look-see as there have been time it went into pops but not sure if thats because it was not a clean shot from flippers.
I do have one question though, my drop down gate in front of right ramp seems to be always down in gameplay. It does work because i tested it in diagnostics. Is this gate not fully utilized yet in the code, and when should I expect that the gate should be up? Only certain modes?

It goes up when you finish a castle mode, so it blocks the ramp when you start the second level.

1 week later
#193 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is it just me, or is this whole orbit thing much ado over nothing? My left orbit shots go into the pops, same with the one at Phoenix Games, and no one cares. It doesn't feel like a problem. It feels like the orbit diverter on IM and Met that sends the right orbit shots into the pops. What's so bad about that? The pin plays great and everyone loves it.
Hopefully all this fuss isn't scaring people away from buying this amazing pin. It's the best pin Ritchie has made in 20 years and it's the best pin Stern has made since Metallica, by far.
No disrespect to the guys who want to fiddle around with the orbit and jerryrig it to make full orbit shots in both directions. I see no need.

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpgarticle-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Equating my stance with this image only reinforces my point. Many of you are taking this this too seriously and allowing it ruin your fun. Not me. We're not talking about stuck balls and Hulk arms breaking off. Unless you've pre-conditioned your brain to expect/want/need a full orbit shot in both directions, there is no issue. I've watched dozens of people (not on Pinside) play this game and zero have perceived a problem. Everyone loves it. I get that it may (or may not) have been designed to work differently, but it works how it works.
I say get back to enjoying your GOTs.

I do enjoy my GOT--even with all its flaws--and I was just busting your balls. The fact that Centerflank, a notorious ball-buster himself, was annoyed enough to downvote me just means that my work here is done.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Cap, i think I have read all of your posts on the various GOT threads. Your first "fix" for the left orbit was to reduce the size of the rubber rings on the castle black lanes. You named the thread -FIX. You later acknowledged it didn't solve the problem. Then you made your diverter shield, which, from many posts I have read, including from you, did not solve the problem, and created some issues with right orbits as was reported by some. If it is hardware problem and your's is a "fix" then it should have fixed it 100%. You then posted that there are screws protruding down blocking the ball and showed a video. Even fixing that has not solved the orbit problem. But just because you have placed all these orders for your fixes does not prove your point. You and others have accused Stern of not testing, QC lapses, etc. and I agree on that. But how many fixes have you sent out, that don't work? I was merely pointing out to people that I have seen improvement in left orbit, just from the updates, or maybe just from the game breaking in. Again, I think it's great you like to tinker with your game and have enjoyed many of your ideas, especially castle black lights that you can see. And I appreciate your service to our country. But, GOT was my first pin. All these threads about problems, fixes, etc has diminished the enjoyment and I think it works people into a frenzy about their game not being perfect. In that state many people will order anything. If the issue is hardware as you say, then I wish you would refrain from proclaiming a FIX until you have one. I acknowledge it is not your job to fix the game, and this is your thread, but if you are peddling "fixes" that don't work, I am not down with that. I believe others will share my opinion here. And others will call me names.

I'm local to you, so I'd be happy to have you over to my house and walk you through all of my pins and the problems I've had with them (ACDC trough connector issues, WOZ light board issues, IJ POA and mode hole issues, etc., etc.). I'm serious about this offer.

The left orbit issue IS a mechanical/design issue, and I've talked to Chas at Stern who has confirmed that the engineering team has been looking at this. Capguntrooper is the ONLY person to come up with a home-made solution, and has taken the time to document all the issues. My left orbit works MUCH better now. Perfect? No. But that's because the installation didn't go smoothly for me, AND I didn' put in the washers for the screws sticking into the left orbit lane...also not a coding issue!

Now, my diverter doesn't allow the ball in for mystery shots since I did the orbit fix, and since I have to take it apart again to get it tweaked, I'd love for you to come over and watch me do it. You'll learn a lot about your own machine, and I'll show you IN PERSON exactly what's wrong with the design and how Capguntrooper figured out a fix.

Just PM me if you're interested and we'll set it up.

PS - My ramp to the upper playfield launched balls into the castle walls and playfield glass, jarringly hard. That's also not a coding issue, but thanks to a smart guy in Australia and Capguntrooper's advice, I got that fixed (along with my wall elevator, which now smoothly gets the balls to the upper playfield on the first try).

The offer stands!

#207 8 years ago

Awesome! I got downvoted by Centerflank because I said there was a design flaw with a Stern machine. Because that NEVER happens, right? You want to explain which part of my post you disagreed with? Because that downvote, my friend, was the slightest bit douchey when I offered my time, my home, and my knowledge to a complete stranger to help him with his pin.

#208 8 years ago

Coward. Keep sucking the Stern teat, and trolling JJP threads for their shortcomings. A coward AND a hypocrite.

#210 8 years ago

I am curious about that too centerflank? Besides me being overly cautious of sending you a fix kit when you said it was not a big deal in other posts. Did you get it installed yet?

Well, things just got very interesting...

1 week later
#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

My Orbit shot works 8 from 10 shots. But I still have other Problems. The biggest one is my elevator. Everytime I switch my game on it has to learn how to bring the ball back up. And that needs 5-7 kicks. the next time it goes in there it need 2-3 kicks and after that it works almost every time as long I don't switch the game off.
The secomd problem is not so important, the kick back works only by very perfect shot. Most of the time the shot is registerd as a good shot but the kicker is not fast enough to hit the ball before it comes back.
Has anybody here noticed the same problems?

Supposedly, the software "learns" how much force the elevator upkicker needs. That said, I did have to remove the four screws in the back and put the washers in so that they weren't sticking out into the elevator. Since I've done that, the elevator works (almost) every time.

#286 8 years ago

You guys have any idea why my auto-fire mech doesn't consistently fire the ball all the way up the ramp or into the upper playfield? I didn't even touch it. Don't know what would cause that. It only gets a strong plunge around 75% of the time. Really frustrating...and man, I can't wait until all the problems are tweaked on this game.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Around 500 play in and my auto kick started to become inconsistent. It was just a loose screw that made the mech a little floppy on the hit. Easy fix.

Thanks. I'll look for it.

#291 8 years ago

It's just the phillips head screw on the hinge of the kicker, right? It was pretty tight, but I tightened it more. We'll see if that does the trick. Thanks much for the help, guys!

#305 8 years ago

Give me a mayor two to recover guys,

Okay...I already busted your balls about this on the other thread. It's not even fun anymore.

#315 8 years ago

How'd you adjust the shield without removing the upper pf???

#317 8 years ago

loosen right guide nut stick my fingering where diverter arm engages and slide it over.

Ha! That would work if I didn't have to mylar it in place to make it sit right. I'm skee-rewed!!!

#319 8 years ago

No mylar is needed, Your bracket should have a slight bend in it that will hug the right lane guide once it is tightened down on it. If it has a 90 degree angle "L" to it then bend it inward just a hair so it is NOT at 90 degree. No adhesive is needed at all, unless of course you have a FUBAR lane guide that is warped.

I shit thee not: I tried everything you said, many times. Every time I did it, the shield was leaning away from the rail guide by about 1/32-1/16th of an inch. The only way to keep it snug was to mylar it to the rail guide. Now, if I could just get my diverter and gate to work properly when the ball goes around the right orbit. So frustrating when you have mystery, extra ball, or Battle for the Wall lit and you hit the shot, but the ball either falls into the pops or dribbles around the left orbit because the diverter didn't catch it.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I found my right orbit issue. The bracket for the right control gate was interfering with the ball guide in the back which was pushing it forward at the top a bit. I had to trim the bracket to relieve that interference and now that guide is smooth and the ball goes into the elevator when it is supposed to.

Sooooo...you're saying I'll be taking everything apart again?

(You didn't take a pic of what you're talking about, did you?)

1 week later
#338 8 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

And here is the answer from STERN TecSupport about the orbit problem:
(Fasten seat belt ladies and gentleman)
"We are working on a fix for this problem. The software has been modified so that you can score the shot by only making the first switch. All the features should be playable without making the loop shot."
Great ... no fix from STERN but the software will accept a single switch as a loop !!
This must be a joke ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you're German, so let me translate that into no-bullshit English for you: "Our design sucks and we can't fix it, so deal with it."

2 weeks later
#348 8 years ago

Thank God, guys...I thought the right loop problem was just me. Don't know why installing the mod would cause that, but it's annoying. Sometimes I plunge the ball and wait...and then it trickles down the left orbit. Frustrating.

2 months later
#462 7 years ago

That is why I basically charged 20 bucks for my fix and threw in the extra washers for protruding screws in left orbit, lock washers for VUK, throne cushion, game of throne collector cards and a little Afghani dinar for shits and giggles. That way it didn't feel so much like people having to pay to have their new machine fixed and more like they were paying for an extra goodie bag with enhancers. Trust me, I wasn't profiting on my fix and I only wanted to help the community. That is why I passed my design off to cliffy free of charge and didn't ask for a dime in return.

And that's why I love you. Opening your package was like Christmas morning.

2 weeks later
#465 7 years ago

It's gotta be the opto that's up there, Ray. Check your connections on those switches - if the coil works in a test but doesn't fire when the ball gets there, it's the switch. And I think there's an opto up there...somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

You need to check the opto switch up there.
When the opto recognizes a ball is there it activates the kickback.
Go into switch test and roll a ball in there and see if the switch registers.
That is probably why the kickback works in test but not when a ball rolls up in there.

Bastard. You beat me by 8 seconds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.