image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is anyone selling the coil sleeve fix for the posts above the pops?

In my experience changing these out really isn't necessary. Clearance isn't the problem, a bad angle of the ball hitting the guide on a left orbit shot makes it bounce when it shouldn't. The problem is clear from the slow-mo video:

Fix the diverter mounting hole below the playfield to move the diverter arm a smidge closer to the front of the playfield and your problem will be solved for $0.00.

#452 7 years ago

I did that and the results are pretty inconsistent. On my machine there's enough slop in the diverted to where a ball can push it back a little but not enough for the spring to push it back to be flush with the ball guide. If I tighten the two screws holding the diverter arm in place to where there's no slop the diverter doesn't spring back all the way after the coils been engaged.

So I can get one good orbit shot but then the ball pushes the diverter arm back just a hair.

There's only one spring on the diverter assembly right? The stern manual makes it look like there are two springs.

1 week later
#453 7 years ago

Hey guys - just ordered my machine and don't know if I have the issue yet, but I very well may. I don't like the idea of no rubbers at the top lanes to the pops because the plastic lane guides will eventually get hammered. Was thinking about installing the coil sleeve rubber mod shown here. What do I need to make them and is there a specific measurement or just cut it to fit the lane guide? Thanks!

#454 7 years ago

Remove the lane guides and rotate them around 180 because of smaller diameter ,measure the length the the post part of the lane guide and cut sleeve to correct length then do the same thing with the shrink and then side the shrink over the sleeves and then shrink the shrink ,you still may need to remove the divertor and Make the holes bigger so you can move it forward a few mm,look for more info and pictures a few pages back,enjoy the game

#455 7 years ago

Thanks Rock - so when it's finished, the larger rubbers will be at the end closer to the bottom of the playfield - flipper area - correct? Also, which size coil sleeves do I need? Thanks again!

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I will have to check mine out to.
If I shoot the left orbit,it comes right back out the same way.
It is hitting something for sure.
Most of the time it doesn't sit in the throne either.

Yes! Exactly that! F@cking annoying!!

#457 7 years ago

I did not come up with this throne fix but is works 100% of the time and you don't even notice the little hop,I use two post rubbers but the original pinsider used just one rubber post

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#458 7 years ago

Myself and a friend have finally come up with a fix for this, but wanted to start a new thread for it...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-of-thrones-lepremium-left-orbit-fix#post-3203303

#459 7 years ago

$95? Not interested.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

$95? Not interested.

That is why I basically charged 20 bucks for my fix and threw in the extra washers for protruding screws in left orbit, lock washers for VUK, throne cushion, game of throne collector cards and a little Afghani dinar for shits and giggles. That way it didn't feel so much like people having to pay to have their new machine fixed and more like they were paying for an extra goodie bag with enhancers. Trust me, I wasn't profiting on my fix and I only wanted to help the community. That is why I passed my design off to cliffy free of charge and didn't ask for a dime in return.

#461 7 years ago

T7 - your fix is the real deal; and well worth the $95. I really hope you go ahead and offer this solution.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

That is why I basically charged 20 bucks for my fix and threw in the extra washers for protruding screws in left orbit, lock washers for VUK, throne cushion, game of throne collector cards and a little Afghani dinar for shits and giggles. That way it didn't feel so much like people having to pay to have their new machine fixed and more like they were paying for an extra goodie bag with enhancers. Trust me, I wasn't profiting on my fix and I only wanted to help the community. That is why I passed my design off to cliffy free of charge and didn't ask for a dime in return.

And that's why I love you. Opening your package was like Christmas morning.

2 weeks later
#463 7 years ago

Hey guys - having a problem on my GOTLE with the Castle Black kick back. It does not seem to be working. It worked the last time I played it but now will not. If I go into tests, it works perfectly. In a game, however, when I launch a ball up there, it just rolls back - no kick back engagement at all. Any thoughts on what this might be. Might start a new thread, but I figured there would be more expertise on the GOT threads. Wondering if the shaker shook something loose....

#464 7 years ago

You need to check the opto switch up there.

When the opto recognizes a ball is there it activates the kickback.

Go into switch test and roll a ball in there and see if the switch registers.

That is probably why the kickback works in test but not when a ball rolls up in there.

#465 7 years ago

It's gotta be the opto that's up there, Ray. Check your connections on those switches - if the coil works in a test but doesn't fire when the ball gets there, it's the switch. And I think there's an opto up there...somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

You need to check the opto switch up there.
That is probably why the kickback works in test but not when a ball rolls up in there.

Bastard. You beat me by 8 seconds.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from TVP:You need to check the opto switch up there.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's gotta be the opto that's up there, Ray. Check your connections on those switches - if the coil works in a test but doesn't fire when the ball gets there, it's the switch. And I think there's an opto up there...somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks guys. It's either going or it was loose. I pulled all connections going up there (not knowing which one it was exactly because I couldn't see) and reconnected them. Only one felt slightly loose, but she works well now. We'll see if it happens again - if so, might need a new opto.

Thanks again for the super fast assist. My wife is hooked so a GOT casualty in this household is not good!

9 months later
#468 7 years ago

Clearing out some post lane rubbers a 100 card GOT card set, a Tri dragon pendant/necklace and some back box stickers, PM if interested.

IMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4227 (resized).JPG

IMG_4230 (resized).JPGIMG_4230 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#469 5 years ago

Just got a Game Of Thrones LE that already had the Left orbit fix. I totally understand that now the ball won't go into the pop bumpers as much, but the pop bumpers don't seem to activate unless hitting very hard into one. Sometimes the ball goes into the pop bumpers soft and they never hit the ball. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from Fordgt44:

Just got a Game Of Thrones LE that already had the Left orbit fix. I totally understand that now the ball won't go into the pop bumpers as much, but the pop bumpers don't seem to activate unless hitting very hard into one. Sometimes the ball goes into the pop bumpers soft and they never hit the ball. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

It’s easy. Lift play field, and bend the contacts under pop bumpers closer. Careful to not be too close to each other wear vibrations will set them off. I can take a pic later if you need visual assistance.

4 years later
#471 12 months ago

Is anyone still offering a fix for the orbit? Mine gets stuck at the gate by the left rollover guide 9/10 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-left-orbit-fix/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.