Topic Stats

• 470 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4230 (resized).JPG
IMG_4227 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
Gates_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).png
5-5-2016_5-02-31_PM_(resized).png
5-4-2016_5-28-20_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg
article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408_(resized).jpg
IMG_3274_(resized).JPG
IMG_3145_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 3 years ago

These videos show where Game Of Thrones LE/PREM owners can make their own DIY fix for the left orbit for more pass throughs

SOLUTION: Replacing the top three Castle Black in lane rubbers with smaller ones will resolve the issue with a 4 out of 10 pass through. 8 out of 10 pass through solution with the use of cut coil sleeves and heat shrink covering.

SOLUTION 2: Second video shows the Shield bracket fix.
When everyone receives their Shield Bracket, make sure to NOT over torque the nut when putting it back on the ball guide lane. Just take note of how tight the nut feels on the lan guide before removing it.

Check out my thread for other fixes and reference pics. I would also suggest that everyone who has this issue send a tech alert to Stern at http://www.sternpinball.com/contact# There is no way this passed QC. It seems we are all just receiving a bad batch of diverter arms. Last picture is of where you will need to add 4-5 washers so the threads are not protruding in lane. Hit me up with any questions.

LEFT ORBIT FIX 2

IMG_2806_(resized).JPG

IMG_2910_(resized).JPG

c4988b46bac31120681bf6fb9aba7f599e73deaf_(resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Thanks for the work. Want to get a GOT LE but what a paid in the ass. My Avengers LE fixes are a cake walk compared to the GOT LE bull shit. Removing the mini playfield . Removing the right ramp. Throne Toy. ect. ect. ect. On a NIB . But . Thank you for sharing it may help other GOT LE owner's . Peace

#3 3 years ago

I will have to check mine out to.
If I shoot the left orbit,it comes right back out the same way.
It is hitting something for sure.

Most of the time it doesn't sit in the throne either.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you for this. I wasn't sure if there was a gate back there and that the game wasn't supposed to allow the ball to travel all the way around from that side. So frustrating to need to do all this work to get the game to play properly. What's crazy is that we all have these problems so how this passed testing phased is rediculous.

#5 3 years ago

Can you guys report this to Stern so they can fix it for when ai buy my premium.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Can you guys report this to Stern so they can fix it for when ai buy my premium.

I will send both my videos to them and I suggest that everyone else do the same.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

This video shows where Game Of Thrones LE/PREM owners can make their own DIY fix for the left orbit.
SOLUTION: Replacing the top three Castle Black in lane rubbers with smaller ones will resolve the issue with a 4 out of 10 pass through. 8 out of 10 pass through solution with the use of cut coil sleeves and heat shrink covering.
Check out my thread for other fixes and reference pics. I would also suggest that everyone who has this issue send a tech alert to Stern at http://www.sternpinball.com/contact# There is no way this passed QC. It seems we are all just receiving a bad batch of play fields. Hit me up with any questions.
ยป YouTube video
IMG_2806_(resized).JPG

ORBIT FIX 2

#8 3 years ago

Nice. how did you attach that metal piece?

#9 3 years ago

I loosed the ball guide and tightened it down onto my specially cut bracket

1 week later
#10 3 years ago

My LE rejects 90% of the left orbit shots and a lot of the right. A fatter diverter should fix it. I'm going to try this fix for now. Thanks for posting!

#11 3 years ago

SHIELD BRACKET UPDATE!

I have about 8 of my testers report back stating that my bracket has worked GREAT for them, some slight adjusting may need be done with your diverter arm in conjunction with bracket, but nothing extensive, only one of my testers so far that has reported back needed additional adjusting on his end. I will start making them as I have had about 30 more requests. They will be $27 shipped which will include a throne cushion. I have a friend who will let me use his press so I can have these bent and I have a really good notcher now that will make cutting the sheets easier. I will make an additional 50 more before I leave for my deployment in a few months, that being said I have training in two weeks and will be out of contact due to training for two weeks then back home for a little while to finish a third run and start a fourth before I leave. I will still have limited connectivity between missions, so please be patient with me.

I was hoping Stern would make an updated diverter arm, but since I am starting to get overseas request from pinsiders who have Premiums, I am not so sure now.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Thank you for your service. It is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully Stern will address this soon. If not, maybe you could sub out to Cliffy for the people that need this?

I might do just that. At the same time I worry that I might be doing a disservice to all other LE/PREM owners who do not get this bracket and make a complaint to Stern, but those of us who do not complain keep Stern from correcting their mistake......

ATTENTION PINSIDE:

If you are ordering a shield bracket from me I would like to request that you file a Tech Complaint at Stern FIRST if you have not done so already. There is absolutely NO reason for them not to correct this mistake. I realize some of you do not have this issue but when I am making nearly 50 brackets to correct a problem, it is a safe bet that there are five times that amount of people not on PINSIDE who are having the same issue or do not even realize their machine does not function properly. Please click on link below and send them an email if you are ordering a bracket from me.

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact#

Thank you for your cooperation, I am only trying to look out for other LE/PREM owners now and in the future.

#13 3 years ago

When everyone receives their Shield Bracket, make sure to NOT over torque the nut when putting it back on the ball guide lane. Just take not of how tight the nut feels on the lan guide before removing it.

UPDATE: I will be receiving my material today or tomorrow and will be making the second groups order all night to ship in the morning.

#14 3 years ago

So Stern has still been quiet about this problem? They must see that a fix has been found but shouldn't they be responsible to fix the issue rather than having to purchase an after market part? I applaud your efforts but I just can't believe that stern is doing nothing to rectify a new game still under warranty. It obviously is a production flaw. And the problem is still there with the premiums. Has any distributors and customers got any feedback from stern on the left orbit issue?

#15 3 years ago

I will not name any names, but I have talked with two distributors and both have confirmed that a meeting took place over two weeks ago about the issue. I am not sure what was discussed during the meeting but I am not hopeful with the lack of communication on Sterns end. Perhaps a new fix is in the works, but with no mention I remain skeptical.

#16 3 years ago

I have a premium arriving any day now and I am in disbelief they can sell a anything as expensive as a pinball machine with flaws that effect gameplay. And worst. Not address it and send out premiums with a known flaw! My first stern nib may be my last. Stern reps I hope u are reading this!!!!

#17 3 years ago

Thanks so much for your efforts and helping the community like this! It's pretty bad for Stern not to fix or send out a fix for an issue that affects gameplay in this manner. Please everyone make sure to file a tech complaint like requested above so things like this don't continue to happen.

#18 3 years ago

Stern is shipping premiums without this problem resolved. Unbelievable.

#19 3 years ago

All GOT LE/Premium owners can check to see if you have the left orbit diverter issue by choosing House Martell at the start of your game. Then, shoot the center ramp to start the "Martell" battle. During "Martell" battle, both the left & right orbits should open up for complete loops, so a strong shot to either orbit will go the whole way around. If a clean, strong shot to the left loop does not make a complete orbit, please report to Stern tech support that your machine has the "left orbit diverter" issue:
http://www.sternpinball.com/contact#

I also wrote to Stern tech support to report the issue on my LE two weeks ago. They said that they were aware of the issue, were looking into a solution, & would get back to me. I haven't heard anything else since. It sucks to hear that they are not addressing the issue on the newly shipped Premiums that are now leaving the factory.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Stern is shipping premiums without this problem resolved. Unbelievable.

I don't think it's a big deal, I'm gonna depopulate the topside a bit to clean/wax it real good and put on clear rubbers when I get mine. As long as they address it in the near future with a fix kit I'm good.

Capguntrooper has made these issues easy to address.

It's not as if the game is unplayable, just needs some tweaks. Relax....

#21 3 years ago

#where'sthefix

Stern should probably just stop using diverters completely. They always seem to find a way to not work right. Anyone remember Stabby and Stoppy?

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't think it's a big deal, I'm gonna depopulate the topside a bit to clean/wax it real good and put on clear rubbers when I get mine. As long as they address it in the near future with a fix kit I'm good.

YOU relax. Why do you defend everything Stern does? If this was JJP, you'd be shitting all over them. It's an inexcusable flaw and needs to be addressed. You need to be consistent in your criticism, Flank.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not being able to hit a loop is a big deal and judging from this fix it does sound like kind of a PIA to do. A flaw this evident and that affects gameplay in this way should definitely of been caught in quality control/design testing. I feel like I'm being..

image_(resized).jpeg

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Not being able to hit a loop is a big deal and judging from this fix it does sound like kind of a PIA to do. A flaw this evident and that affects gameplay in this way should definitely of been caught in quality control. I feel like I'm being..

You weren't going to wax that outer loop? Put a little nail hardener on the scoop to prevent a little wear? Dude!

#25 3 years ago

I don't see stern asking for less money. They want full price then i want a full working game. I sold off most of my collection to get this game. When we accept lower standards at high prices then who is winning? The consumer drives the market. There are not enough operators to keep stern in the black. Home buyers are driving this surge in pinball sales. I don't even have my game yet and I am already pissed off that there is a good chance it won't work as intended. I don't care if stern isn't happy with my comments. I spent over $6500 on a toy. A selfish purchase when I could have used it on something for my house, or my kids, or a real nice vacation with the family. Maybe if I had enough expendable money to order every nib I wouldn't care but this is my first and probably only nib and stern has tainted it for me. I put deposit down in September. It's almost February and no word on a shipping date and when it arrives I know there will be issues. I have to "tweak" it and mod it just for it to play as intended. BS

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I don't see stern asking for less money. They want full price then i want a full working game. I sold off most of my collection to get this game. When we accept lower standards at high prices then who is winning? The consumer drives the market. There are not enough operators to keep stern in the black. Home buyers are driving this surge in pinball sales. I don't even have my game yet and I am already pissed off that there is a good chance it won't work as intended. I don't care if stern isn't happy with my comments. I spent over $6500 on a toy. A selfish purchase when I could have used it on something for my house, or my kids, or a real nice vacation with the family. Maybe if I had enough expendable money to order every nib I wouldn't care but this is my first and probably only nib and stern has tainted it for me. I put deposit down in September. It's almost February and no word on a shipping date and when it arrives I know there will be issues. I have to "tweak" it and mod it just for it to play as intended. BS

You could probably cancel the order.

#27 3 years ago

Let me sell you a bucket with a hole in it. It mostly works like it should. I will send out the cork fix soon so no worries right???

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You could probably cancel the order

I know that's an option. It's my dream theme. I have been day and night looking at posts about the game. I just want to hear something from stern on it! Them making and shipping premiums with the issue makes me think they are not in a hurry to fix this or it's not a priority.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I know that's an option. It's my dream theme. I have been day and night looking at posts about the game. I just want to hear something from stern on it! Them making and shipping premiums with the issue makes me think they are not in a hurry to fix this or it's not a priority.

I'd imagine they wouldn't slow down production/shipping to address this. Easier for them to send kits out later, doesn't seem like a major thing for them to whip up some fixes fast though. I dunno, I'll be good with my NIB purchase and do the fixes/tweaks just as I did on Avengers.

I do think if one wants to buy a game so early in production you have to take a few lumps till it all gets ironed out.

#30 3 years ago

Quoted from centerflank:I do think if one wants to buy a game so early in production you have to take a few lumps till it all gets ironed out.

Yeah, none of this is new. Ask early X-men LE owners about blowing aux boards, Metallica owners about hammer issues, AC/DC with cannon motors. Not saying it is acceptable, but it is par for the course on first runs of a new title. Good news is they do address it, bad news is it can take a bit of time for it to all get worked out.

#31 3 years ago

Haven't played my LE much but I pretty much have bought ever LE nib and of all the games this one has had the most problems. I work on games for a living and when I buy a nib LE for my house the last thing I want to do is work on it. Hope they figure out something soon...probably last LE for awhile

#32 3 years ago

Like I said. My first experience with a nib and a nib at launch. I didn't know this was the norm. I expected better. It just feels like they are "on to the next" already with SMVE.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Your collection shows you have GOT PRO, not premium. So you shouldn't have to worry about the orbit fix. However, if that was a mistake adding the pro instead of the LE, then disregard. But 2 posts up, Paul brings up very valid points in that almost all early production pins, there will he issues and rehashing. Stern is not alone, just ask early WOZ owners. this issue does suck and I hope stern gets it resolved in a timely manner.

That said, if you still haven't received your order, you should be able to get a refund with all these delays. It's not like you won't be able to buy again when their production parts are back to shipping at a normal rate and/or they resolve these mechanical issues.

But it does suck having to wait for an nib, and not knowing if it's going to even work as designed so I feel your pain. I've learned from the past not to go in on early production games until I felt safe to dive in. Dream themes don't always mean you have to be the first one to have it.

#34 3 years ago

It's a premium I'm getting. The wait is just an annoyance. I'm more upset at the issues affecting gameplay. I would wait longer if they addressed the issue and fixed it while on the production line.

#35 3 years ago

gotta make the brackets, my email looks like a shield bracket bomb went off in there. Starting on them in the morning and will start sending out PM's when they are ready to be shipped, stay tuned.

IMG_3049_(resized).JPG

#36 3 years ago

You da man, cap gun!

You should license your design to Stern!

#37 3 years ago

This thread makes me second guess buying a NIB Ghostbusters the day its made available. That would suck having problems with a brand new game.

Oh yeah, that's exactly what happened with my NIB MET Prem last month. Lots of little issues that came up, and it has currently been sitting idle for 2 weeks due to a crappy switch in the snakes mouth breaking and not working correctly - and Stern happens to not have any stock of said switch and is currently on backorder.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This thread makes me second guess buying a NIB Ghostbusters the day its made available. That would suck having problems with a brand new game.
Oh yeah, that's exactly what happened with my NIB MET Prem last month. Lots of little issues that came up, and it has currently been sitting idle for 2 weeks due to a crappy switch in the snakes mouth breaking and not working correctly - and Stern happens to not have any stock of said switch and is currently on backorder.

Just buy one for yourself off a vendor if you can find it, then when Stern finally sends it to you, you now have a spare.

#39 3 years ago

I think I've had enough of the glossy belly avatar!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Speak for yourself!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I Love you Erik

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

How do you know what is intended vs what is not? These mods are to improve player experience and are not required to play the game the way stern intended.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How do you know what is intended vs what is not? These mods are to improve player experience and are not required to play the game the way stern intended.

I don't think I get what your saying.... Are you saying that stern intended for a left "orbit" shot to come dribbling back the same way it went in? Because that's exactly what's happening to my game. It's difficult to complete Martell house's 3 consecutive orbits when not a single one goes around the orbit. Are you saying that stern intended that mode to be extremely difficult to complete?

To quote you again. "How do you know what is intended vs what is not?

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Come on, Mark. Are you kidding? As much as I love my GOT LE, I've got a wall elevator that takes two to three tries to get the ball to the upper playfield. I've got a left orbit shot that NEVER makes it all the way around in a mode when that shot is necessary to complete the mode. I've got a ramp that launches balls up into the shield and bricks any shot that SHOULD have made it to the upper playfield with no problem. These are all design problems...and you're suggesting that Stern intended the game to play like shit?

When I get my diverter fix from Capguntrooper, I'll have to spend a day taking the thing apart to try to fix all of these things that should have worked out of the box. Tweaking I understand. But this is far from tweaking a new machine. And that's bullshit when you spend as much on a new Stern as they're charging these days.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don't think I get what your saying.... Are you saying that stern intended for a left "orbit" shot to come dribbling back the same way it went in? Because that's exactly what's happening to my game. It's difficult to complete Martell house's 3 consecutive orbits when not a single one goes around the orbit. Are you saying that stern intended that mode to be extremely difficult to complete?
To quote you again. "How do you know what is intended vs what is not?

In my NIB MET Prem (and many other pinsiders machines for that matter) I had to replace the plastic diverter post in the left orbit / rear lane because a left orbit shot would reject the ball 99% of the time back down the entrance. Since replacing with a metal post, its about 50/50 now, but still - not sure how MET continues to be produced with this issue unless it was by design (which would seem strange.)

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You should read up on the post and not inject your opinion as fact. Both of which are completely wrong. I will explain it to you since you did not bother reading the entire thread.

1. This thread is about a FIX, not a MOD that "improve player experience and are not required to play the game the way stern intended." as you state.

2. A FIX is so that a game can function correctly and play the way Stern intended it to play.

3. Any LE/PREM owner is not able to to properly complete House Martel as a left and right orbit is required, if you do not believe me I am sure a few of the Moderators here will vouch for exactly what I am saying along with the 50 plus people here who have ordered the FIX from me.

#47 3 years ago

My apologies for calling it a mod in my post above, Cap. I've changed the wording.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My apologies for calling it a mod in my post above, Cap. I've changed the wording.

its all good Beelze

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I loled so hard I nearly shot coke out my nose. Give Mark a break guys I am sure he just forgot to put the Sarcasm smiley on his post, any one who has read any GOT LE thread would never make a dumb azz remark like that.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Obviously sarcasm from the guy that cries not stop aboot WIC "isn't intended to confuse the player with lighting effects."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Rocklin, CA
$ 25.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Sale Pending!
Templeton, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside