IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3435_(resized).JPG
IMG_3283_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3290_(resized).JPG
IMG_3291_(resized).JPG
IMG_3292_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

!!!ATTENTION!!!!
DISCLAIMER: I am not a STERN TECH, the information posted here is to help assist owners on their STERN pinball machines (more so with GOT LE/PREM models this topic), With that being said I am a owner/operator of a few location arcades. LETS GET TO IT NOW!

This machine truly is amazing out of the box. Over the course of the next few weeks I will be adding a lot of mods to truly make this LE, Lannister worthy. So pay close attention to all the updates and mods that will be added. I have been reading all of the LE threads and noting issues that everyone is having with theirs and have been comparing them with my own. I noticed right from the start that my throne was damaged and have a new one on order. The ticket pin was bent, no biggie as I bent it back. My biggest gripe so far is the shear laziness that went into the wiring of the ramps. I have already started breaking down the mini play field and relocating the wires that run under the ramps so they are not eye sores anymore. Look for next few posts and tutorial on relocating them so they do not stand out so horribly.

The mini play field break down was not all that hard and from what I have seen from under there it is recommended that everyone do it to clean out the mess left behind. I will post pictures later of the mini play field removed. You will see that under the play field there were lots of metal shavings, so all LE owners should check your play fields for that. I am also getting the same 23 tech alerts as others. I will also get under side pics of mini play field for everyone wanting reference pics.

While I am breaking this down make sure to send your requests for any reference pics you all may want, more to follow.

IMG_2615_(resized).JPGIMG_2615_(resized).JPG
IMG_2617_(resized).JPGIMG_2617_(resized).JPG
IMG_2618_(resized).JPGIMG_2618_(resized).JPG
IMG_2685_(resized).JPGIMG_2685_(resized).JPG
IMG_2665_(resized).JPGIMG_2665_(resized).JPG
IMG_2668_(resized).JPGIMG_2668_(resized).JPG
IMG_2619_(resized).JPGIMG_2619_(resized).JPG

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Thanks for sharing.
Would defii rely like more info, pix & solutions.
Was really thinking of buying one, but if Stern is getting sloppy, maybe I should pass on this LE ?

SLOPPY, yes, but with a little extra work I am betting this will be an all time great, its ashamed it can not be like that right out of the box.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

Cap,
This is great. I read your KISS thread even though I do the own a KISS because your detail is so well done. I do own a GOT LE and was hoping you'd do this exact thread! Can't wait to see what you do.
My biggest thing is rejects on the right ramp when it's hit too hard and the ball rattles on the ramp / top protector. Not sure if I'm the only one or not. Look forward to seeing what you find with that.
Thanks for all your help!

Can you post a pic of where exactly it is hanging up and I will try and mimic the same on mine. I will admit I only put about 10 games on it before I was noticing issues so It may be a more than a few days before I get it put back together completely for final game play, but rest assured I am going to bullet proof this one like my KISS LE.

#6 8 years ago

UNDERSIDE MINI PLAY FIELD

IMG_2700_(resized).JPGIMG_2700_(resized).JPG

IMG_2706_(resized).JPGIMG_2706_(resized).JPG

IMG_2705_(resized).JPGIMG_2705_(resized).JPG

#8 8 years ago

Was reading about those two screws protruding in the elevator and was having the same ball hang up issue. ALL FIXED NOW! I added two lock washers that made them nearly flush with elevator wall. This is also a must for LE owners even if your ball does not have clearance issues. I would imagine your pin balls getting chewed and nicked up by scraping against those frequently. Replacing 6 balls every 100 plays could get costly over time.

As you can see from outside the elevator and inside the elevator pics those two screws are going to eat up some pinballs if that is not addressed. Pictured from back play field panel I have installed two lock washers for the protruding fix. Make sure you grab hold of the spring and coil at same time or else the coil spring and washers will go flying into bottom of cab.

IMG_2688_(resized).JPGIMG_2688_(resized).JPG

IMG_2691_(resized).JPGIMG_2691_(resized).JPG

IMG_2707_(resized).JPGIMG_2707_(resized).JPG

IMG_2708_(resized).JPGIMG_2708_(resized).JPG

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cool thanks for making this thread could you see if you could fix this issue aswell?
The left orbit shot on all of the GOTLE game play videos that I have watched and the GOTLE I have played on route the ball does not make a complete loop from the left orbit like it is designed to. All of the pros I have played the ball goes the whole way around when it is exposed to. Can anybody that owns a GOTLE let me know if their game works like it is intended?
I even asked Steve Richie about the situation and he gave me some tips on the how to fix it. The tips are below.
1. Check the wires running to the electric gates. On some games, the wires were too long and can actually interfere with the ball. Pull the slack out behind the back panel, if there is any.
2. Remove the upper playfield, (it's not that difficult, go to pinside.com and there is a tutorial about removing it), and see what causes the ball to stop at the jets. You may not have to remove the upper playfield if you can watch/see what the ball does when it passes the horizontal blade diverter that opens up to let the ball into the Elevator. It has mounting screws under the playfield that can be loosened and the unit moved fore and aft a bit. I would try this before removing the upper playfield. It may be the culprit.
3. Don't forget to shoot balls through LEFT and RIGHT orbits after making a position adjustment to the diverter. It is possible to screw up the right orbit action with a radical adjustment.

I am looking into that but have to remove right and left ramp and then to get a better look. Mine also does not make complete orbits and from what I can tell may not be able to because of the Castle Black gate stopper coil being active, i will investigate further and take lots of pics for the fix I create.

#10 8 years ago

WHATS UNDER THE MINI PLAY FIELD

FYI Not sure if this was forgotten some of the plastic protectors were not removed. i removed this one as it looks like it would work itself off and cause a hang up later on.

IMG_2640_(resized).JPGIMG_2640_(resized).JPG

IMG_2642_(resized).JPGIMG_2642_(resized).JPG

IMG_2643_(resized).JPGIMG_2643_(resized).JPG

IMG_2644_(resized).JPGIMG_2644_(resized).JPG

IMG_2645_(resized).JPGIMG_2645_(resized).JPG

IMG_2646_(resized).JPGIMG_2646_(resized).JPG

IMG_2647_(resized).JPGIMG_2647_(resized).JPG

IMG_2648_(resized).JPGIMG_2648_(resized).JPG

IMG_2650_(resized).JPGIMG_2650_(resized).JPG

IMG_2656_(resized).JPGIMG_2656_(resized).JPG

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Do you have an after-fix photo looking down inside of elevator for comparison for us? Love this thread, also have found lots of metal shavings around. Curious if you have any issues or notice anything squirrelly about the drop targets install as they act strange and bouncy on my game.

Here is what it looks like after washers have been installed, damn near flush now and no elevator issues. I did the fix on day one but am just now being able to get pics with mini play field off. Bouncy drop targets? Can you take a picture or better yet a video and post so I can see what you mean. Did you check to see of your target retraction springs are connected?

#13 8 years ago

My left ramp was also cracked. My distributor is going to looooove me with all these fixes.

IMG_2709_(resized).JPGIMG_2709_(resized).JPG

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Can someone past the link to the instructions to remove the mini play field? I'm waiting for a node board, so I may clean things up while the machine is down.

coming up in a few

#16 8 years ago

MINI PLAY FIELD REMOVAL

Any additional questions? The mini play field can actually be removed without taking dragon off but I figured I would not risk damaging anything or scraping plastics trying to wiggle it out from under dragon. Once you remove dragon and have mini play field out reattach dragon with two screws in back with just your hand so he is not dangling back there.

Disconnect these two connectors under main play field, you may need to snip one zip tie holding themIMG_2725_(resized).JPGIMG_2725_(resized).JPGThe two connectors from mini play field are fed through the hole next to node boardIMG_2724_(resized).JPGIMG_2724_(resized).JPGFor ease of mini play field removal, the ramp attached to mini play field will be detached. Remove ramp screw hereIMG_2726_(resized).JPGIMG_2726_(resized).JPGRemove two ramp entrance screwsIMG_2727_(resized).JPGIMG_2727_(resized).JPGRemove the four screws holding dragon on backside of play field back wall. There are fourIMG_2722_(resized).JPGIMG_2722_(resized).JPGtop two screws loosened before removal, do not forget bottom twoIMG_2723_(resized).JPGIMG_2723_(resized).JPG Remove two ramp entrance screws to mini play field then the four corner screws I also point at in below picturesIMG_2721_(resized).JPGIMG_2721_(resized).JPGIMG_2720_(resized).JPGIMG_2720_(resized).JPGIMG_2719_(resized).JPGIMG_2719_(resized).JPGIMG_2718_(resized).JPGIMG_2718_(resized).JPGIMG_2717_(resized).JPGIMG_2717_(resized).JPG

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude! This is awesome! Thanks so much, and I hope you can solve the ball flying off the ramp/hitting the protector and coming down again problem. Really sucks.
PS - LOVE the little banners you have hanging off your castle. Where do I get Targaryen banners???

Beelz can you please post a picture here showing me exactly where it is hitting? I won't have the play field back together until my replacement parts come in so keep checking back here for the fix maybe end of this week or so. I will be addressing a lot of fixes once I have put my LE back together, as of now I am doing fixes and mods

For everyone asking about my banners, you can get them at Toys R Us here, they only have Lannister and Stark as of now http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71324726&cp=&parentPage=search I might incorporate the mini guards on the wall as well like I have done with my TWD

#21 8 years ago

Doing rubber replacement with black polyurethane super band replacements. I noticed on the few games I played that the ball would struggle slightly getting into lane and I noticed that the bumper rubber was quite large so I switched it for a smaller one. I also replaced the bumper rubber for the post by left orbit with a smaller one so now it does not encroach into the left lane and is flush. YES, this also makes the out lane wider, but thats why you have adjustable out lane posts, simply move it one notch down and you will be back to even difficulty.

More updates all day long today, stay tuned!

IMG_2731_(resized).JPGIMG_2731_(resized).JPG

IMG_2732_(resized).JPGIMG_2732_(resized).JPG

IMG_2733_(resized).JPGIMG_2733_(resized).JPG

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The problem is that the ball goes up the ramp so fast that you can't really see what it hits (unless I were to film it and slow it down). I think it flies off the top, hits the clear protector on the top or at the sharp left turn, and comes back down. I raised my pitch to 7 degrees from 6.5, and the ball doesn't fly off the ramp any more, but it does brick and come back down.
I'm thinking of going to 7.5 to help slow it down. The game is just so damn fast...

I hear ya on fast! I am almost nervous with all the polyurethane replacements I am doing. Take a video with glass off and film the ball entering into mini play field where it gets hung up or bricks. then just take a picture of where it bounces from the video and post here, no need to upload video as it would take too long and we would probably not catch it

#24 8 years ago

Adding plastic protectors along with my rustic metal Hand Of The King Toppers I customized, they give the plastics some depth and they look GREAT on an LE, IMO.

IMG_2739_(resized).JPGIMG_2739_(resized).JPG

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure what cld be the cause but every stream or video I watch of the le the left ramp gets alot of rejectios? I dont see anything in your pics with the upper play field off that wld cause this? Is it just hitting the upper play field sometimes u think?

I dint notice this at all on mine. Have you tried different pitches? My suggestion would be to add washers to top plastic entrance to give it a bit more clearance.

Quoted from zucot:

What size lock washers are these? Anyone else have their kickback coil not shoot the ball cleanly out sometimes?

Well crap, I couldn't tell ya the size, but if you take the screw to home depot you could just match it up, I just have a tub of them from a parts bin. Is your coil kickback having frequent issues? Check the level on play field. I know on my TWD level was good on glass but not when I tested it on play field so my left leg is like one extra turn higher than right.

Quoted from SaneWilly:

Is anyone else seeing the underpowered left upper playfield flipper? Has anyone successfully addressed this?

I am running 1.02 from factory and have not noticed this, then again I only had 20 games in before I began break down.

#31 8 years ago

Make sure you LE owners get a some mylar protectors on the armor. You might begin to notice the left armor side getting nicked up from your wives rings, specially if you all sold a few extra pins in your collection to get her that extra BLING.

IMG_2740_(resized).JPGIMG_2740_(resized).JPG

#34 8 years ago

PICS OF RAMP TO MINI PLAY FIELD

Does everyones GOT LE look like this? or is there additional hardware on mine?

Can some one tell me what this switch does by the two target switches? Does not seem to be labeled

IMG_2757_(resized).JPGIMG_2757_(resized).JPG

IMG_2758_(resized).JPGIMG_2758_(resized).JPG

IMG_2759_(resized).JPGIMG_2759_(resized).JPG

IMG_2756_(resized).JPGIMG_2756_(resized).JPG

#35 8 years ago

While I have the mini play field off I went ahead and put mylar in the metal drop lane, I was not keen on cleaning out those metal shavings and once I reassemble this sucker back its not coming back off for a long while.

IMG_2642_(resized).JPGIMG_2642_(resized).JPG

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Where can you buy that pre-cut mylar?

Had to cut it myself and it was a PITA, I saved the cut outs so I might do a bulk order for people if there is interests

#38 8 years ago

Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:

4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
3 - 5/16 ID
3 - 3/16 ID
8 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
RECOMMEND
4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
6 - 3/16 ID (FOR TOP INLANE RUBBERS FOR POPS ENTRANCE)
5 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
3 - 3/8 MINIPOST (FOR LEFT ORBIT ENTRANCE AND L & R OUT LANE POSTS)Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:

#39 8 years ago

I was doing some ball tossing through the orbits and noticed more than a few hang ups on the account that the castle Black entrance lanes to the pops have larger rubbers on the posts. As seen from pictures these rubbers are definitely encroaching in the lanes and I have seen the ball hit them and bounce more than few times back in the pops. I will know for sure in a week or so once I get the smaller rubbers in and installed. Check back on this issue in a week or so.

IMG_2760_(resized).JPGIMG_2760_(resized).JPG

IMG_2764_(resized).JPGIMG_2764_(resized).JPG

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

What did you have to remove to get to that diverter? That is where my ball is getting wedged 90% of the time.
Do you have to remove the upper playfield in order to remove the Lannister plastic ramp that leads to the sword lock?

You do not have to remove upper play field for that, but you will have to remove the mini play field entrance ramp to get to other ramp. I can honestly say removing the other stuff is going to be a lot holder, my suggestion would be to take pics for reference.

Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks for the advice. Just modified my elevator with washers, and removed protective film. Hope Stern gets onto this.

I can see that little plastic film falling off at some point and landing in peoples out lane causing some serious hang ups.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Thanks for a great post.
My Throne was the same as yours out of the box and couldn't find the broken piece which tells me it was fitted broken at the factory by someone who doesn't give a shit. Track them and sack them!!
Dodgy Throne switch also,tried adjusting but no good and have to wait fall ball finder to kick out,much worse from ball launch into the throne and then just waiting,waiting.
At one stage all launches wether auto or plunger always went upper playfield,now it's just totally random regardless of house!
Also having launch misfires as many above are.
Made it to HOTK today only to end up with not 1 or 2 but 3 balls stuck in the elevator, score was over a billion but eventually timed out as I was about to turn it off when it ended the game for me.
LOL drop target reset time could be slightly decreased as often popping up quickly smashing the ball into the glass!
Q. Can anyone clarify where launched balls should go depending the house chosen. I often play Martel and was always upper playfield..now random.
1.02 I've had 3 game resets! Anyone else.
Finally me thinks I should have held out for Heighways 'Predator'
Thank the old gods and the new for Pinside..said the Atheist.

Did you get your throne replaced? If so where do you start by removing it? I haven't taken mine off yet as I am waiting for the replacement. It is really pathetic that the last two pins from Stern have made it through QC. I have nearly removed 80% of the play field to correct issue that QC should have found on both my KISS LE and GOT LE. Let me be clear, I am not bashing STERN as a whole, but I am sure as hell bashing the QC idiot letting these things go out the door. IT IS A FRIGGIN LE! If anything there would be 2 QC staff at the same time on these, there are only 700, heck if QC spent the same amount of time Gary spent singing our LE CERTS, they might find half the problems. Sorry everyone, just venting. I have spent more time fixing a BRAND NEW PIN 10 times longer than I have playing it. I can honestly say that the LE/PREM is not for anyone who is just a fan, meaning you will at least need minimal pinball experience in making repairs and adjustments on pinball machines. God help you if you are not aware of PINSIDE. (atheist humor)

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Thanks for the ring kit list. I've been wanting to see one to order a set in blue for my soon to come premium. Is that every thing I need for the game?

Yes, but I would suggest you go with my recommended list for a more smooth flowing game. You will have to do some major break down of the play field to get to the pops rubbers and entrance lanes from castle black. Plan on spending a day or two breaking it down and getting it back together

#51 8 years ago

THRONE AND RAMPS REMOVAL:

UUUUUUGH! For anyone attempting this you HAVE to mark all connectors as there is quite a few to detach to get out everything. See pics below of both ramps and throne removed. I am determined to get to the bottom of the orbit hang ups.

IMG_2767_(resized).JPGIMG_2767_(resized).JPG

IMG_2770_(resized).JPGIMG_2770_(resized).JPG

IMG_2768_(resized).JPGIMG_2768_(resized).JPG

#52 8 years ago

ELEVATOR:

Make sure to add all four rock washers so its flush inside from those four screws.

IMG_2771_(resized).JPGIMG_2771_(resized).JPG

IMG_2772_(resized).JPGIMG_2772_(resized).JPG

IMG_2773_(resized).JPGIMG_2773_(resized).JPG

IMG_2774_(resized).JPGIMG_2774_(resized).JPG

IMG_2775_(resized).JPGIMG_2775_(resized).JPG

#53 8 years ago

GAME OF THRONES LE: LEFT ORBIT HANG UP

This video shows where Game Of Thrones LE/PREM owners are having issues where the pinball is getting stopped at the pops and is not making a full orbit as it should. This is also causing right orbit issues but not as frequent as with the left.

SOLUTION: Replacing the top three Castle Black in lane rubbers with smaller ones will resolve the issue as it did for me.

#55 8 years ago

New rubber list to help with left orbit hang up. I will try and test large rubber sleeves for Castle Black posts to see if that also helps.

Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:
4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
3 - 5/16 ID
3 - 3/16 ID
8 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
RECOMMEND
4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
6 - 3/16 ID (FOR TOP INLANE RUBBERS FOR POPS ENTRANCE)
5 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
3 - 3/8 MINIPOST (FOR LEFT ORBIT ENTRANCE AND L & R OUT LANE POSTS)Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can we see a video of the left orbit working

After an hour of testing I noticed that unless you have a perfect left orbit shot, you will still end up in pops. This is better than every time with the larger rubber on. I do however get a 9 out 10 ratio complete left orbit shot with NO rubbers on I am attempting to find the smallest rubber that will not over in lanes and doing some modding on old rubbers, will report back soon.

#63 8 years ago

OK, burning rubber or polyurethane in the house will only make a mess a piss your wife off, so do NOT do that. I tried to make post sleeves and midi posts holes larger but was unsuccessful. I then cut the end off a shooter tip and was able to get it around the smaller base of an in lane as seen in picture.

Solution ideas:

1. Is there a post sleeve with 3/16 ID or midi post with 3/16 ID? If so wear do you order
2. Are there different in lane guidess that are smaller?

IMG_2800_(resized).JPGIMG_2800_(resized).JPG

#64 8 years ago

I think I found a solution. If we used this type of land guide with a post sleeve the ball should be able to pass more freely, going to raid my parts bin tomorrow and start experimenting.

65_004765_8_(resized).jpg65_004765_8_(resized).jpg

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

Thanks a ton for this. Were you ever able to reproduce the ball getting wedged under the right-side gate (up above the pops) when coming around from the left orbit?

I was not able to get it wedged like yours, so I am thinking your gate clearance needs adjusted by bending it a little or maybe your interlock gate may be active when it is not supposed to be. I will examine that issue a little more and report back.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I emailed terry at pinballife with your questions. I will let you know what he says.

I think the best solution will be alternate lane guides with rubber sleeve posts, going to have a a whole spew of alternatives to test with tomorrow.

#70 8 years ago

I for see the Castle Black area getting Tore up badly in future. There is no mylar covering that area and with the two gate stoppers right there that bring a pinball to a bouncing or skidding stop.... I shutter to think. Get a mylar rectangle in if you tear that area down.

IMG_2802_(resized).JPGIMG_2802_(resized).JPG

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I am assuming with everything removed like that the ball makes a complete orbit every time?

Yes it does and I am fabricating a fix for it as a text I'll post here in maybe an hour

#73 8 years ago

This video shows where Game Of Thrones LE/PREM owners can make their own DIY fix for the left orbit.

SOLUTION: Replacing the top three Castle Black in lane rubbers with smaller ones will resolve the issue with a 4 out of 10 pass through. 8 out of 10 pass through solution with the use of cut coil sleeves and heat shrink covering.

IMG_2806_(resized).JPGIMG_2806_(resized).JPG

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

DAAAAAAAMN! At it again I see, I thought about getting a Premium but now I am not sure. If I do I am sending it to you to set up. How much you charging? Sweet thread bro.

You can't afford me no worries though I will help you out, but you still owe me from your kiss prem I helped you with.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Just try to find a fix for the air balls / rejects from the right ramp and you will have this one in the bag.

I will fix it, but it will be awhile until I get my play field back together so I can test that. Can you post some pics pointing out where its flying off, thanks

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Does stern have an official stance on the left orbit before we all rip apart our machines?

NOPE! I sent an email a few days ago. I also emailed Chas directly and asked if a fix from them will come down, but it takes a few days to hear back from him and I am guessing that if everyone is having this issue he is back logged. I am also betting that we will not hear a thing until mass production of PREM's go out. The reason for this will be that I bet half the LE owners are not aware that there is a left orbit and that the ball is just supposed to drop in pops. So until a lot of PREM owners start complaining Stern will most likely try and keep this quiet.

The cheapest solution for them is to send us all out little rubbers that will STILL cause an issue, the clearance is just not there. A thin rubber post is only option IMO which will have to be developed as I do not see Stern redeveloping the three lane guides to add more clearance. From my pictures you can see that all rubbers on the top of the lane guides encroach in the lanes. See pics for left and right orbit entrance for reference.

IMG_2661_(resized).JPGIMG_2661_(resized).JPG
IMG_2764_(resized).JPGIMG_2764_(resized).JPG

#83 8 years ago

Those left and right sling flashers were bugging the crap out me and even with a test mod it seemed to cover my field of view. I relocated the left flasher to left ramp and the right flasher to behind sword lock. I might move them back if I do not like how the flashers flash over play field, but as of right now the relocation makes the game more visibly appealing to me IMO.

IMG_2833_(resized).JPGIMG_2833_(resized).JPG

IMG_2834_(resized).JPGIMG_2834_(resized).JPG

IMG_2835_(resized).JPGIMG_2835_(resized).JPG

#85 8 years ago

LE cards and Gold Lannister Start button installed!

IMG_2850_(resized).JPGIMG_2850_(resized).JPG

IMG_2858_(resized).JPGIMG_2858_(resized).JPG

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

FYI: from Steve Ritchie -
I am seeing that capguntrooper modified the rubber diameter at the top lanes on GOT LE. This is not the way to solve the problem.
Some diverters (the flat diverter that feeds the ball into the elevator) need to be moved fore and aft to determine a better position to stop interfering with a left orbit shot. capguntrooper’s diverter needs to have the screws loosened and the unit moved slightly toward the player end of the playfield. His orbit shot is hitting a ball guide end instead of being smoothly guided around the orbit through the pops by the diverter. Be sure and test for smooth orbits, both through the left orbit and the right orbit after adjusting, then re-tightening the diverter screws.

NOPE! And everyone on Pinside can adjust that diverter all they want. That was the first thing I tried for TWO HOURS! What does he mean by (some diverters) do we all just have bad batches of Diverters? I attempted recessed diverter and flush diverter, ALL with the same hang up. Let me know how Ritchies fix works for everyone.

#91 8 years ago

I hope they do not swallow their pride and every one gets new diverters! LOL

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I have stock rubber on my LE and don't have the left orbit issue, so it has to be something other than the rubber size. It is a nice band-aid, but I don't think it addresses the issue. If reducing the rubber size did address the issue, then all LEs without the reduced rubber size would have the issue.

Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cool I am glad to read some of the GOTLE's might be functioning correctly. Video please.

I would also like to see a video of one working from the factory. As all other LE video I have seen shows the issue. Its an LE unicorn!

#103 8 years ago

PICS OF REMOVED DIVERTER

IMG_2866_(resized).JPGIMG_2866_(resized).JPG

IMG_2867_(resized).JPGIMG_2867_(resized).JPG

IMG_2868_(resized).JPGIMG_2868_(resized).JPG

IMG_2871_(resized).JPGIMG_2871_(resized).JPG

IMG_2872_(resized).JPGIMG_2872_(resized).JPG

#104 8 years ago

Testing of loose diverter to attempt fix from STERN suggestions. Video also shows that if diverter is adjusted too much a right orbit and shooter lane launch will be hindered.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Here is a link to a 7 second video showing the left orbit shot being made. I video'd the shot being made during the start of BTFW multiball. You can see the left orbit ball coming in the mirror blades and it falls down the right orbit with a newly launched ball. I have made this shot backhanded from the left flipper, but it is not as consistent as the shot from the right flipper. You do realize that the complete left orbit shot is not available all the time. There is a diverter at the top right that is closed most of the time to feed the pop bumpers.
» YouTube video

Glad that a few people have working LE's, as for the rest of us with issues, I am still working on a fix

#112 8 years ago

Left Orbit fix 2:

With my custom post rubbers I was getting more clearance, but would still get hung up now and again, but with my custom shield transition piece, I make it every time.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Flipper issues since update to 1.21 anyone?

LOL when I get my game back together and update from 1.9 I will let ya know

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

Hey Cap you test the left orbit with just stock post rubbers and your shield?

Yes I did and the verdict is that the shield bracket allows for a left orbit shot pass through but with my smaller rubbers there is more wiggle room for a less than perfect left orbit shot. Problem people will be having soon without smaller rubber is that those plastic posts, mainly the middle one is going to take a really bad beating and crack and break up. Those posts were not designed to take frequent hard strikes, but because of the v grove diversion into that center post it will cut the life span of that plastic by 65% roughly.

Quoted from PinB:

Capgun, any chance you could post some more detailed images of your "custom shield transition piece"? Maybe the dimensions of it too as well as how exactly you installed it?
My LE is also having this issue with the left orbit. I tested while battling Martell since the ball should make full completions from either orbit. When shooting the left orbit, I see the ball gate raise to let the ball pass through, but the ball never actually makes it to the gate & falls into the pops every time. The right loop shot makes the complete orbit every time though.

I will post free plans and dimensions as soon as I finish testing mine and three others. I want to make sure it can take some abuse before I start sending these out to you guys. I also heard that Stern heads were having an engineering meeting about this and that they do not like me that much...LMFAO!

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Just an update from my experience with Stern tech support: They initially told me to try Steve Ritchie's proposed solution (loosening the diverter assembly screws, then pushing it forward while retightening the screws). Unfortunately, that didn't solve the issue for my game. Upon hearing this, Stern told me that they are aware of the issue happening across multiple machines. They said that they are actively researching a solution for the issue & that they would get back to me.

Not that I mind helping everyone but on this issue I really hope they send out a fix and not refer people to my thread like with my KISS fixes. With that being said, I am making 4 more prototype shields next week to help some of you all out.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Are you guys with your fix a orbit issue or is your ball getting stuck like mine?

never seen a stuck ball , you get those pics for me yet?

#137 8 years ago

NEW ISSUE!
EVERYONE CHECK YOUR BATTERING RAM! I noticed some black shavings and saw that the top left screw is scraping the battering ram. It is an easy fix you just need to add a washer, but if you have not done so your ram may be damaged and need replacing. This could also be the reason why some battering ram hits do not register. Let me know if this is just my machine or its others.

IMG_2929_(resized).JPGIMG_2929_(resized).JPG
IMG_2930_(resized).JPGIMG_2930_(resized).JPG
IMG_2931_(resized).JPGIMG_2931_(resized).JPG

#139 8 years ago

Yea I posted a pic in my earlier post of ball stuck... I need to start taking it apart to fully look at whats going on.

Yeah I saw that one. I need a side shot mainly left orbit side to see where hang up is. Top view gives no depth and angle perception for my programs to calculate adjustments

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone ever have a left orbit shot actually rebound and come back out of the left orbit? I'm getting that too.

Quoted from frolic:

happens to me. Usually from backhanding from left flipper.

Quoted from PinB:

Yes. This actually started happening a lot more on my game since I tried Steve Ritchie's proposed fix. Before that, the ball would usually fall into the pops instead of making the full orbit. Now I get a mix of either rebounds or pops.

YES TO ALL! When implementing the Steve Ritchie fix you may have inadvertently created a gap where the diverter connects with the lane, if this happened then the ball will jump and hit the first post falling back down left orbit. This is exactly what happened to me when I tried this fix. This only happens when your left orbit shot is less than perfect. The smaller rubbers cut this down so it makes it past the first lane 8-10 times. Using the rubber coil sleeves has a 100% pass rate, at least on my machine. The diverter shield I created completes the pass through.

#149 8 years ago

I figured out whats going on with mine yet I still need to fix it... On the left orbit shot when a ball does not have allot of speed its getting hung up between the rubber and the gate. You would think this wouldn't happen much yet its every freaking game! Cap how should I access the area take off the upper playfield? I think smaller rubber on that post and getting in there to see WTF is going on would be a good start. Any suggestions?

In order to remove replace rubber just the ramp needs to be removed I think, but if you have your own diverter shield then you only need to remove diverter and loosen one lane guide bolt.

Quoted from frolic:

Just for the record, my game is untouched, I've not tried any fixes. Waiting for a final "fix" (hopefully from Stern). So the ball bouncing back is from the factory build.

I got tired of waiting on saucer eject fix for KISS from Stern so I made my own. Stern now refers people to my Kiss thread for that fix, so if Sterns last pin is any indicator to engineering fixes, you may be waiting awhile. TWD was an exception because sending out ramp fixes was costing them money in replacements and warranty work, Ball hang ups may not be on their top priority. I am not bashing Stern in anyway. I am simply stating the facts from their last pin release and how they dealt with that issue.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I looked carefully at where the ball is bricking when it goes up the right ramp, and it seems to be hitting the underside of that plastic shield on top. It's not making it to the left turn at the top. In fact, one shot I made appeared to hit the front of the shield...so the ball is seriously launching off that ramp and bricking against the front and/or underside of the shield.
Hey Cap...if you haven't seen this, I'm wondering why some have and you haven't. What pitch do you have your game set at? I noticed when I lifted it from 6.5 to 7, that made it better, but it's still happening. Not sure I can get it to 7.5 or 8 (if I have enough thread left on the back legs). That seems to be a ridiculous pitch...

Have you checked your play field pitch and not just the bubble? Are other people also having this issue? I will dive into this issue in the morning.

#157 8 years ago

Dimples are one thing but you might start getting divots unless you get a mylar square on where the ball drops.

IMG_2933_(resized).JPGIMG_2933_(resized).JPG

#158 8 years ago

Having some fun with the Lanister guards while I wait for my parts from Stern.

IMG_2936_(resized).JPGIMG_2936_(resized).JPG

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I looked carefully at where the ball is bricking when it goes up the right ramp, and it seems to be hitting the underside of that plastic shield on top. It's not making it to the left turn at the top. In fact, one shot I made appeared to hit the front of the shield...so the ball is seriously launching off that ramp and bricking against the front and/or underside of the shield.
Hey Cap...if you haven't seen this, I'm wondering why some have and you haven't. What pitch do you have your game set at? I noticed when I lifted it from 6.5 to 7, that made it better, but it's still happening. Not sure I can get it to 7.5 or 8 (if I have enough thread left on the back legs). That seems to be a ridiculous pitch...

Check the little metal flap leading up to ramp to see if it is smooth and flush on play field, you may be getting slight bounce.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Here's a pic of the shavings and wear on my battering ram... Less than 50 plays.

20160117_160807_(resized).jpg

Call your distributor and get a new one like I am

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...I took a look at the ramp situation. The cause of the airballs is obvious to anyone with a premium/LE. The ramp is molded with a steep incline which suddenly gets shallow slightly before the shield on top. (Look at yours, you'll see what I'm talking about.) So when the ball flies up the ramp with any speed, it actually launches off that steep slope, hits the underside of the shield, then the back wall (where the sharp left turn is) and comes back down the ramp.
I have NO IDEA how to fix something like this. I'm thinking of putting some dead drop foam in...but where? And it'll make the whole think look like ass. I'm really pissed off about this - so many shots I've made that wind up draining through no fault of mine. I'm bad enough without help from bad design.
I was going to put the bottom two washers in on the elevator coil screws (I already have the top ones in), and realized I literally have to take the whole upper playfield and elevator apart to get to it. That is also bullshit. Starting to feel Cap's frustration. This is a great game that's gimped by QC issues. (Not to mention my node board that seems to be failing as well...and don't even get me started on the left orbit shot!)

LMFAO! Welcome to the wonderful world of "GOT ISSUES?"........oooooo I like that, might have to rename thread. Sooooooo to add more gasoline to the fire did you check on your RAM as well? Who else here is having this brick ramp issue? Try using some spacers on the shield to give it a bit more clearance on top.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

How the hell do you remove the iron throne to change the rubber under there? Help!

LOL. Sorry do not mean to laugh, but I just answered that question in a PM for another pinsider who couldn't understand Stern Tech support. There are two screws at bottom of play field. You need a philips for them, they screw through the center and right lane guide posts. There might be a third nut at back of throne, can not remember. Do not forget to unplug the power to coil and throne switch. There are four more screws at plate that screw into the plastic throne to remove the throne housing. See pics for reference

IMG_2950_(resized).JPGIMG_2950_(resized).JPG
IMG_2951_(resized).JPGIMG_2951_(resized).JPG
IMG_2952_(resized).JPGIMG_2952_(resized).JPG

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...I took a look at the ramp situation. The cause of the airballs is obvious to anyone with a premium/LE. The ramp is molded with a steep incline which suddenly gets shallow slightly before the shield on top. (Look at yours, you'll see what I'm talking about.) So when the ball flies up the ramp with any speed, it actually launches off that steep slope, hits the underside of the shield, then the back wall (where the sharp left turn is) and comes back down the ramp.
I have NO IDEA how to fix something like this. I'm thinking of putting some dead drop foam in...but where? And it'll make the whole think look like ass. I'm really pissed off about this - so many shots I've made that wind up draining through no fault of mine. I'm bad enough without help from bad design.
I was going to put the bottom two washers in on the elevator coil screws (I already have the top ones in), and realized I literally have to take the whole upper playfield and elevator apart to get to it. That is also bullshit. Starting to feel Cap's frustration. This is a great game that's gimped by QC issues. (Not to mention my node board that seems to be failing as well...and don't even get me started on the left orbit shot!)

BEELZ, here are pics of my ramp, do you have the spacers installed on yours?

IMG_2947_(resized).JPGIMG_2947_(resized).JPG

IMG_2948_(resized).JPGIMG_2948_(resized).JPG

IMG_2949_(resized).JPGIMG_2949_(resized).JPG

#168 8 years ago

Make sure you guys check your rams and post your pics of damage here

IMG_2928_(resized).JPGIMG_2928_(resized).JPG

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

THANK YOU. Can you take a pic of the throne facing the coil / spring? I thought those two screws were holding it down, and then my plunger dropped out of that coil and the spring bounced right out. Wheeeeeeee.

Do not touch coil screws as they are not needed to take throne off, The only way to get to four screws that hold plastic throne over coil housing is to remove entire throne mech

IMG_2953_(resized).JPGIMG_2953_(resized).JPG

IMG_2954_(resized).JPGIMG_2954_(resized).JPG

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

My spring for that plunger is tapered. Should the larger side be against the backstop or closer to the coil?

Larger circle against rubber back stop

Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't see any wear. Mine from factory:

keep an eye on it, maybe your screws were not tapered down as much as mine a few others so far who have brought it to my attention

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Did you say yours did NOT have the washer installed from the factory?

Mine are on, but screw protrudes through past the bracket down on to the ram.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I've got those. But you can see the different angles the ramp ascends in, right? Don't know if it's the superbands I have on that are just giving the ball too much zip. Have to jack the back up more and maybe switch back to normal flipper rubbers. It's bad enough that I suck at this game, but this other stuff is really pissing me off. Shame...because I love the game when I can actually do something right.

I have superbands on mine as well and did not notice any brick shots. My suggestion is add extra washers and maybe mylar the underside of shield for maybe it will add a slight cushion, if anything it will keep your plastic shield from cracking.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I too get that same right ramp reject every so often when I shoot from the left flipper, and I'm playing with traditional flipper rubbers, back legs jacked all the way up, and front legs all the way down. Maybe it's just me but for me, the right ramp is actully easier to backhand from a cradle on the right flipper.

Since this not just on BEELZ issues I am betting that this is a known problem for others. Going to fabricate some plastic shields now. let you all know later on in week.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My battering ram is finally starting to see a little wear on the left corner (see pic below). Also, inconsistent ram registers with dead on left flipper hits is a little annoying. That round rubber piece just doesn't like super hard hits from the left flipper angle. I'm gonna ask my distributor for a replacement ram and see if I can toy around with the wore down one to make it more consistent.
In the interim; there's a stern pinball sticker in the goodie bag, I put a square piece of drop dead ball foam on the ram target with that sticker on it. What this does is decrease the amount of travel needed from the ram by a couple millimeters. Ram hits are more consistent, I'd say 99% with right flipper and 90-95% with left flipper. Not flawless but much better. Whatcha think?

Have a close up of the ram getting worn down?

#181 8 years ago

Beelz, any luck with ramp fix?

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No...haven't tried yet. I just played a game where the ball launched clear OVER the sheild and bounced around back by the throne. I'm going to have to create a new lexan shield that starts lower on the ramp. Just don't have time right now, and I'm waiting on a new node 8 board because my lower playfield is buggy.

SHEESH! I guess I could start making Lexan shields as well with larger washers. Pics to follow soon.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No...haven't tried yet. I just played a game where the ball launched clear OVER the sheild and bounced around back by the throne. I'm going to have to create a new lexan shield that starts lower on the ramp. Just don't have time right now, and I'm waiting on a new node 8 board because my lower playfield is buggy.

Try this when you get a second. Just barely, maybe a quarter of a turn loosen the two screws that hold the bottom of the ramp down, this will change the bottom shield angle a bit and maybe add a bit of flex

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I have no trouble with my left ramp shot either from the left flipper or occasionally manage a backhand from the right. I never get a complete left orbit but it doesn't bug me for some reason. I am noticing more accidental rejects from the throne the more games I play though.

It will start bugging you once you realize that a left orbit shot is needed to complete a certain house and you cant complete it. It bugs the heck out of everyone else who can't play the game correctly because of a manufacturing defect. Sounds like you are in the Honeymoon phase, when you start using strategy for points then it is reeeeeeeeeeally going to bug you.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I took my upper playfield out last night and did your lane mod. How do I check it to make sure it is working? When is it suppose to be open to make the left orbit? I changed all the rubbers to Titan clear. Put gold flipper bars also.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Stick a small screw driver in hole at lock on right side then throw some balls through. Take a pic and show me installed and I will let you know. Pm me with number and I can walk you through it tonight

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does Titan make 1 3/4"? I can't find it on their website.

I believe they do. I am in the process of changing out my Kiss red set from them as I am tired of cleaning out flakes and have replaced both sling shots and two others for snapping, game had maybe 200 games with them on.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

What exactly am I looking at in this picture? I do not see Waldo, AT ALL.

Waldo is the rubber spacers on top of stock Stern spacers

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

With the premiums shipping soon, it will be interesting how/if the horizontal diverter arm and V ball guide up by the lanes is addressed.

If it is addressed in premiums and Stern does not actively send out the fixes to LE owners, distributors will be bombarded by all LE owners. My guess is that Stern will take care of LE owners IF and I stress IF they decide to fix the issue. I mean, not to beat a dead horse or anything, but they have not fixed mechanical issues in their last pin, so I am not holding my breath.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So are all of these issues problems that arose during mass production of the game? I am sure this was tested over and over again by Steve and can't believe these design problems were not caught. Though it doesn't sound like this issue is happening on all the games, but how can some have the issue with the diverter changing the ball looping around the orbit on some games, but others it is fine. From the pictures posted it looks like a design flaw that should be happening on all games made. Again, how did this problem not happen during testing.....or did it?

IMO, I believe that there is no margin for error with GOT LE/PREM. That being said, if a diverter arm or v groove lane guide is not milled correctly and is off by one or two mills, then this causes problems. This is not uncommon and is easily missed during initial testing as those specs are created perfectly for testing purposes. Just like with the frequent bad node boards some people are having issues with, some of us received badly milled diverter arms or lane guides.

I do wonder once LE owners start breaking in their pins that have no issues now, if the diverter or lane guide will give them issues in the future?

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Count me in as well. My "Node Board 8" just started acting up this week (it is causing the lower flippers to stop working for a second or two randomly across multiple games). It's an issue that just started happening, despite the fact that I've had my game for a month & put a bunch of games on it prior to this. Stern is sending me a new "Node Board 8", but I had to request it through my distributor.

PinB you have a pic of where node board 8 is located for others to reference?

#216 8 years ago

For those of you receiving Shield Brackets please follow video instructions for a successful left orbit. Removing the interlock coil from rear will assist in installation so that you may see clearly of installment. Remember to loosen the one bolt retaining lane guide to slide bracket in.

IMG_2910_(resized).JPGIMG_2910_(resized).JPG
When everyone receives their Shield Bracket, make sure to NOT over torque the nut when putting it back on the ball guide lane. Just take not of how tight the nut feels on the lan guide before removing it.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

This looks great, any chance I could get one of these? I am having the same loop issue.

I ordered a few more sheets, once they get in next week I will make a few more. For any one wanting to make these yourself make sure to notch them, for some reason just straight up making the thin "L" brackets does not make them pliable up top and you have to angle bend them so they hug the lane guide and diverter.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Put my game back toghter and the orbit stopped working si I guess I will have to do the post mods also,I tryed to just use the guide because I did not have to remove the throne but I see now I will have to.

How did it stop working? You do know that it only works during certain modes, some modes have it intentionally stopping in the pops. If you are getting a left orbit return down the lane, then the smaller rubbers will get rid of that.

#227 8 years ago

PIN SIDES

IMG_3023_(resized).JPGIMG_3023_(resized).JPG

IMG_3025_(resized).JPGIMG_3025_(resized).JPG

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

nice. Pingraffix?

NOPE! I altered a GOT image in photoshop and printed myself, here is where I got the image from

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/54e7fe1b-e96c-485e-b13f-a205635e0642/32574f30-fb68-4809-8b59-88d38a78e796.jpg

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ha wow you are a DIY rockstar, very nice. Speaking of which, how do I go about acquiring one of your lovely divertor fixes? Please PM me with details if they are up for grabs, cheers!

I will get back to you as soon as I get another sheet in to make more. I sold out of my first 15 sets already, should be sometime next week, your on the list.

Quoted from oPinsesame:

Capguntrooper is your playfield waxed? Looks very shiny and sweeeet. Mine doesn't look like that.

Nope, thats just what they look like from factory with only 20 plays or so, most of hem were just test plays. I refuse to play a NIB if it does not play correctly. I do however have a play field protector being shipped out to me. I will let everyone know how it plays.

On a good note Chas is replacing my ramp and battering ram, so if any of you are having same issue contact him with pics and your distributor. He said the Thrones are supposed to look like this, Do all you guys have similar looking Thrones? It looks like its broke off at seat. Feel free to post Throne pics here.

IMG_2617_(resized).JPGIMG_2617_(resized).JPG

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...what was your ramp problem? Was it the launching balls problem I have, or something different?

It was cracked, but as soon as I get back to my shop after snowpocalypse, I have some outlines I am going to cut and test out. I haven't forgotten about ya Beelz.

Quoted from Pinballpal:

I remember reading another post that some buddy else had the same problem with their throne looking like that and they sent out a new one.
Sounds like to me that Stern is trying to pull a fast one and not send you a new throne.
With all these problems we all have to deal with I am serriously concidering telling this whole hobby to kiss my ass.

You have a pic of your Throne? Please post here

#245 8 years ago

Gonna throw one of these in with every bracket shield order, just pull back film and adhere to inside throne for a gentle landing, same concept as using the drop dead foam cushion, but more hidden. Works great on my throne, but not everyones throne is cut the same way so a little alteration may be required if you get one of these. For everyone who is on the list you are reserved one.

IMG_3039_(resized).JPGIMG_3039_(resized).JPG

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What if I bought the shield before you added those?

Quoted from rockrand:

I am sure cap will take care of the early buyers

I will send you guys one free on next order of anything, but if you need one now pm me and I will go buy some stamps and envelopes

#252 8 years ago

SHIELD BRACKET UPDATE!

I have about 8 of my testers report back stating that my bracket has worked GREAT for them, some slight adjusting may need be done with your diverter arm in conjunction with bracket, but nothing extensive, only one of my testers so far that has reported back needed additional adjusting on his end. I will start making them as I have had about 30 more requests. They will be $27 shipped which will include a throne cushion. I have a friend who will let me use his press so I can have these bent and I have a really good notcher now that will make cutting the sheets easier. I will make an additional 50 more before I leave for my deployment in a few months, that being said I have training in two weeks and will be out of contact due to training for two weeks then back home for a little while to finish a third run and start a fourth before I leave. I will still have limited connectivity between missions, so please be patient with me.

I was hoping Stern would make an updated diverter arm, but since I am starting to get overseas request from pinsiders who have Premiums, I am not so sure now.

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I didn't realize you were actually an active serviceman. Now I'm HONORED to send you my money. Thanks for doing what us wusses don't have the balls to do.

LOL thanks. Too bad I will not be around to fix the new machines coming out, not just from Stern. When I get back I am definitely picking up a few more pins, thanks for the support.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You the man capgun. I think it's shitty Stern hasn't acted or made a statement on their screw-up but I'm glad you stepped up

Thanks Erik! I will give them my plans free of charge if they fly me out to the factory so I can talk to their engineering team and fix a few issues on other pins. I figured the parts alone I will save them in that hinder playability and that can enhance visual appeal range nearly 100,000. Aaaah what do I know, I am just a pinball enthusiast.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Thank you for your service. It is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully Stern will address this soon. If not, maybe you could sub out to Cliffy for the people that need this?

I might do just that. At the same time I worry that I might be doing a disservice to all other LE/PREM owners who do not get this bracket and make a complaint to Stern, but those of us who do not complain keep Stern from correcting their mistake......

ATTENTION PINSIDE:

If you are ordering a shield bracket from me I would like to request that you file a Tech Complaint at Stern FIRST if you have not done so already. There is absolutely NO reason for them not to correct this mistake. I realize some of you do not have this issue but when I am making nearly 50 brackets to correct a problem, it is a safe bet that there are five times that amount of people not on PINSIDE who are having the same issue or do not even realize their machine does not function properly. Please click on link below and send them an email if you are ordering a bracket from me.

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact#

Thank you for your cooperation, I am only trying to look out for other LE/PREM owners now and in the future.

#263 8 years ago

When everyone receives their Shield Bracket, make sure to NOT over torque the nut when putting it back on the ball guide lane. Just take not of how tight the nut feels on the lan guide before removing it.

UPDATE: I will be receiving my material today or tomorrow and will be making the second groups order all night to ship in the morning.

#264 8 years ago

RAM UPDATE:

Stern let me know they are sending me a new RAM as it was clearly damaged by the screw scraping it. Upon removing ram I noticed tread marks in the play field from the four little plastic wheels on the ram. My advice would be to put a mylar rectangle over that area and cut out the center for the ram. It is hard to see in pic but it is worn pretty good and only after 20 plays. Looks better after waxing and apply mylar over it.

IMG_3046_(resized).JPGIMG_3046_(resized).JPG

#265 8 years ago

gotta make the brackets, my email looks like a shield bracket bomb went off in there. Starting on them in the morning and will start sending out PM's when they are ready to be shipped, stay tuned.

IMG_3049_(resized).JPGIMG_3049_(resized).JPG

#266 8 years ago

SHIELD BRACKETS ARE COMING!

IMG_3050_(resized).JPGIMG_3050_(resized).JPG

#267 8 years ago

Alright Beelze, I have not forgotten about your ramp dilemma, gonna start testing my extended shield and spacer combos soon. The one up top is factory and below is my test prototype.

IMG_3067_(resized).JPGIMG_3067_(resized).JPG

#269 8 years ago

I will be testing this Lexan shield I fabricated that is about two fingers widths longer onto the ramp to help with air balls. Lexan is also more durable than what is on there so I will not have to worry about that shield cracking as well. As you can see in picture I laid the factory shield on top of my Lexan shield for comparison.

IMG_3070_(resized).JPGIMG_3070_(resized).JPG

IMG_3071_(resized).JPGIMG_3071_(resized).JPG

IMG_3073_(resized).JPGIMG_3073_(resized).JPG

#270 8 years ago

I also have five more sets of the lane post rubbers if anyone is interested. Easy to make yourself, but for those with no heat shrink, coil sleeves and the time to do it I can add it to your shield bracket order. PM me if you are on the order list. Got the majority of my roll cut into nice little rounded rectangles, now I need to notch the ends and bend them.

To answer a few questions about the shield:
YES, the bend is slightly angled. This allows for a tight hug against the lane guide and diverter.

Is it supposed to go under wood behind land guide?
NO. the angled bend is barely an 8th of an inch, but if your lane guide was machined a bit smaller or wood behind lane guide protrudes slightly forward then your bracket needs to be slightly sanded down to conform against land guide, there should be NO gap between lane guide and shield.

If there are anymore questions about the shield or any other issues you may have please PM me. I want everyones LE/PREM to function as it should.

IMG_3074_(resized).JPGIMG_3074_(resized).JPG

#272 8 years ago

1 5/8 X 5/8 notch both sides so you have a 1/8 stem then bend at a slight angle inward add double sided tape and sand where needed on edges. Pretty simple actually, but not everyone has the tools to do this. Not trying to keep this a big secret and I hope Stern reads this thread and takes the plans to implement this fix, or machine a better diverter arm. I have tried about 8 other prototypes with four others that work but this was the most simple to make and install from my other test shields. PM me if you need more details but thats it in a nut shell. When you do order one from me you also get four lock washers for your elevator, throne cushion and extra fun inserts from me. I am by no means making big money on these and I am sure some one else can fabricate them at a better price. I am just trying to help out those who do not want to wait for a fix from Stern.

#273 8 years ago

Make sure to get your Gold Lannister start button with your Shield Bracket order. Nine left

IMG_3098_(resized).JPGIMG_3098_(resized).JPG

#274 8 years ago

Some of you are having a ball jump at right ramp. Try sanding the top of your target if the plastic is not smooth like it was for mine. First run orders for Shield bracket are complete and will be mailed out in morning. Starting on packaging second run orders tonight, just have to cut some more throne cushions.

IMG_3077_(resized).JPGIMG_3077_(resized).JPG

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm sorry if I missed it in this thread but how do you order a kit? My ST sold and I'll be placing my order for my GOTLE on Monday. I'd like to buy a full kit. Would also like to pick up a plastic as well if you are making any more.
I have a feeling it's going to be like Avengers all over when I get my GOT but I kind of like working on them as much as playing them so it wont bug me TO bad....

Might want to wait as yo may not need them. An engineering meeting was held and the fixes could be in place, but PM me if you still want to go ahead with order.

#277 8 years ago

If your screws are protruding into lane, you will need four or five washers per screw so that it does not smack against screws and create additional left orbit issues. Two other members have also reported this issue, so it is not just my LE.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Before sanding, try lowering the drop target by loosening the height adjustment screws under the playfield. In your pic your target looks higher than playfield. I did this and made the downed target flush ( or just under flush) with playfield and this stopped the balls from jumping or hitting the plastic. Also worked for left 3 drop targets to keep ball from flinging off sling rubber into glass.

Nope, mine is flush. It was the target that was cut from mold badly and had extra plastic shaving on top of target. Checking to see if it is flush will work only if the top of your target is smooth, in my case where that plastic was cut from the mold the cut line was protruding and needed to be sanded down to make smooth, just look at any of your plastic shields and you will see where the mold was cut. Think of a model you put together that you snap out of the plastic frames, they have a little plastic extra protruding from the piece that was snapped out of the frame

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I'm at the end of my rope with this left orbit thing. The shield made the diverter to ball guide transition smooth but I still can't get orbits to go around during real world conditions (flippers, not hand balling it.)
The angle of the shot plus the spinner plus the left gate leaves way too much room for slop. Plus, my left control gate is pushed down a little by the blackwater ramp. Is this happening to anyone else?

I checked may ramp and it does sit on it as well. I also cut a long strip of mylar and did the entire left ball guide which also cut down on ball rattle on my end. will be testing cushioned spinner decals soon to see if that assists. going to try a new mod for a lane guide soon that may assist in cutting down on ball rattle for that orbit as well. Did you get the excess play removed out of your diverter?

#285 8 years ago

Check that lane guide right by the gold target as it is not covered by target and will start to chew up your balls.I tried a mylar square first but that did not last long so I bent mine inward and adjusted angle of my target and all is good with mine and I am not getting any more direct lane guide ball hits.

IMG_3140_(resized).JPGIMG_3140_(resized).JPG

IMG_3141_(resized).JPGIMG_3141_(resized).JPG

IMG_3142_(resized).JPGIMG_3142_(resized).JPG

#286 8 years ago

Play field protector installed

IMG_3122_(resized).JPGIMG_3122_(resized).JPG

IMG_3120_(resized).JPGIMG_3120_(resized).JPG

IMG_3121_(resized).JPGIMG_3121_(resized).JPG

#288 8 years ago

All ya need is remove parts of play field to get it in. Plays like its on glass. Have one on my Kiss LE as well, thats a must have specially with demon head dropping balls in middle of play field.

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Does it attach via static cling - no adhesives, I presume.

no adhesive, once everything is back in it stays put

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do these eventually bubble up like overlays?

nope its a hard plastic

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

With all the problems with the GOTLE I just decided to get a GOTPRO instead and take the extra money and put it towards a Walking Dead pro. I get an extra game and less to deal with. I still have the package you sent me do you know of anybody that would buy it?

For anyone wanting one in between my batch orders PM him. I understand why you are going pro. If I knew of all the issues I was having I might have downgraded to a Premium myself.

#303 8 years ago

WIFE: Are you going to update the GOT LE?
ME: I will later, or you can if you would like.
WIFE: I don't want to scratch or drop that back glass taking it off to get to the USB port.
ME: Then use the USB PORT beneath the Lannister Start button.
WIFE: YIPPY SKIPPY NEW CODE IN A JIFFY!

IMG_3151_(resized).JPGIMG_3151_(resized).JPG

IMG_3152_(resized).JPGIMG_3152_(resized).JPG

IMG_3157_(resized).JPGIMG_3157_(resized).JPG

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You, sir, are a genius. How much for the mod?

LOL not really a mod just google an A to B usb cord or pick one up at walmart, the coupler can be got at radio shack or online, cost ya about 30 at most to order yourself, most people have em laying around house. I am however attempting to develop a dual use slash audio ear phone jack though. nothing as high speed as pinovators but something small and snazzy none the less. You all will just have to wait until I get back from the Stan before that one comes out, but it will be good for all Spike pins

#310 8 years ago

Just remove button cap and install the coupler. They come with two little black screws.

#312 8 years ago

10 feet a to b cable at walmart or target and you can get a coupler here http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/287360-Neutrik-NAUSB3-B

#313 8 years ago

but if you wait you can be one of the first to get my usb/head phone button jack combo for cheaper than what you would buy each part and have shipped to yourself.....just saying

#315 8 years ago

sam have a head phone jack? if it does then it will work for that too

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Does anyone's castle shot on the upper playfield loop all the way around to the left return lane for the left flipper on the upper playfield? Based on the art it looks like it's supposed to follow this path, but on my game the ball bounces off of the curved ball guide 100% of the time.

adjust your curved left lane guide on the right to inward slightly and that will fix issue. I will address this issue once I break down machine again.

#327 8 years ago

Looking at a cost/use aspect and suggestion for my button mod I think I will just have a usb extension cable resting up front inside cab and make a button head phone jack with volume control mod. Test material on order, will update when I get a few test mods completed in-between training events before deployment.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Been running this on my Kiss & Got for a while now, 6 euro extension cable connected to the 3,5 Jack in the backbox
Dril a hole in your tournament plug and off you go.. A quality noise cancelling set and a complete new immersed audio experience I can vouch for that

image_(resized).jpeg

I like it, gonna try something a bit more snazzy, stay tuned

#331 8 years ago

For everyones Throne cushion, some of you may not need the extended U and might want to cut it down to a C shape for better landing. Not all thrones are cut the same, so there might need to be minor adjustments to get it just right. As far as the mini play field loop return to left lane.......NOT GONNA HAPPEN! The speed of the ball will have to come off the flippers with 75% less velocity in order for the ball not to hit the left lane guide again. Some of you were having issues with bouncing around up there. To remedy that simply loosen screw under mini play field and pull guide forward some as it is most likely hitting the targets metal bracket like it was on mine. I am sure the Prototypes of this machine played great but with mass machining and holes not being drilled perfectly in the play field from factory, there is just no room for error in this game and if it is off by a hair........well we all know the issues at hand.

This weekend I will be sporting my Castle Black roll over mod that allows you to see witch roll over lane is lit. This will be great for every one wanting to see which target is lit since it is so crowded back there and your view is obstructed, unless your seven feet tall!

IMG_3188_(resized).JPGIMG_3188_(resized).JPG

IMG_3189_(resized).JPGIMG_3189_(resized).JPG

IMG_3190_(resized).JPGIMG_3190_(resized).JPG

IMG_3191_(resized).JPGIMG_3191_(resized).JPG

#332 8 years ago

Castle Black rollovers can now be seen with their respective colors by looking at mini play field. I will slide my left banner out some for better view later on.

IMG_3259_(resized).JPGIMG_3259_(resized).JPG

IMG_3260_(resized).JPGIMG_3260_(resized).JPG

IMG_3261_(resized).JPGIMG_3261_(resized).JPG

IMG_3264_(resized).JPGIMG_3264_(resized).JPG

IMG_3265_(resized).JPGIMG_3265_(resized).JPG

#334 8 years ago

USB button port and Lannister button, banners and guards with six other GOT figures. LAST SET. GONE!

Getting ready to send out 5th batch of shield brackets

IMG_3273_(resized).JPGIMG_3273_(resized).JPG
IMG_3274_(resized).JPGIMG_3274_(resized).JPG

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

AMAZING. Please sign me up for the rollover mod STAT!

I am sure a mod company will make one a little more enticing than what I have. I just do not have the time before deployment to make them. Next year when I get back I will start production if they have not been done already.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Time to make another shield bracket .

Tried reverse engineering the loop shot by changing the angle of the lane guide. Long story short, it is going to need some serious work. The problem lies in where the left target sits and the velocity of the ball from the flippers. IMO the upper play field would not be as fun to navigate if the flippers were weaker, so we are sacrificing that loop shot, which is a shame since it is how the game is supposed to play. Another option I have tried that helps assist is the lane post rubber that will slow the ball so it can make the loop. Anyway, I have a year to redesign it for Stern. I think I will quit my job at Stern by not buying another pin from them, I put in so many hours there and........wait, I do not work there I forgot.

#345 8 years ago

Add two or three washers to the front of the throne in-between plastic throne and the bracket it sits on, which will help from bounce outs.

#346 8 years ago

This just happened, BOOM! Didn't get to Iron Throne, but I achieved pretty much every multi ball.

IMG_3281_(resized).JPGIMG_3281_(resized).JPG

#348 8 years ago

Its all about completing houses on multi balls. Doing them on one ball only prevents you from building multipliers and progressions. Getting 1B or more on average now.

#350 8 years ago

Two at a time, any of them but Targaryen.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...after 5 hours of wrestling with this machine, I put Cap's mods in the back (diverter mod and posts) and...
I still can't get a clean left orbit. The ball still gets hung up under the left gate, too, but I think if I just loosen the screws on the back panel and lift it up a bit, I can keep that from happening without ripping it all apart again.
Cap...your diverter mod never actually sat flush with the diverter arm no matter what I did, and I think that is the reason my orbit shots still aren't clean. I loosened the diverter and tried to adjust it forward (couldn't), and finally ended up pasting the diverter mod to the ball guide with mylar to try to press it as flat as possible...but I guess it still wasn't good enough.
I never had a problem with throne bounce-outs and still don't. I have your C-shaped thingy, but I'm not sure if I need it, nor am I sure exactly how it's installed since nobody has posted a throne picture with one in it.
So, I'm a little depressed about it. But you CAN finish Martell without left orbit shots, but that's bullshit that it was designed so poorly. Hopefully there will be another solution and I can waste another 5 hours of my life doing something I paid to have somebody else do.
On the bright side, my ramp doesn't launch airballs anymore...

Pm me with your number and I will call you. You just do not have it installed correctly is all, once it is installed correctly you will be good to go

#356 8 years ago

New Sticker mod for LE owners. Looks a heck of a lot better than the plain metal out lane IMO.

IMG_2936_(resized).JPGIMG_2936_(resized).JPG

IMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3292_(resized).JPG

IMG_3291_(resized).JPGIMG_3291_(resized).JPG

IMG_3290_(resized).JPGIMG_3290_(resized).JPG

IMG_3289_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Was waiting for someone to make this, I'm in for a premium version also if you go ahead.
Cheers

I WILL NEED HIGH RES PICTURES OF THE SIDE OF YOUR CASTLE WALL

#360 8 years ago

All LE owners can PM me if they want one. Guess I will add this to the list of things I will make...lol

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're not kidding. And now my diverter doesn't work right on the mystery shot.

Beelz, I had a pm about that issue as well from some one. try reloading the code again

#368 8 years ago

Working on it. Going to be a couple a weeks as I will be gone for training. Then I will start pumping some out

#369 8 years ago

FYI easter egg in game. If start a game with two balls locked at sword and continue to hit center ramp, you can unlock a two ball multi ball. The pin totally recognizes two balls on play field and does not end when one drains. The first two times I though it was a mistake but upon my fourth time getting it, I figured it was a cool glitch worth mentioning for LE/PREM owners.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I don't understand. When a game ends, the locked balls at the sword drain. How do you start a game with two balls locked?

When you lock two balls hold flippers down and then Start button and game will reset, but will hold locked balls. hit that center ramp nearly getting WHC to light up and BAM! Multi two ball mode will happen. Just a glitch I think with balls slamming against each other in sword lock and releasing an extra ball thinking it one was not released.

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Could you do the same but just reset your game by holding the start button down before the bonus count is finished on your previous game? Still waiting on my LE to get here or I'd try it myself
Seem more like a bug than an easter egg though. Stern's software is pretty good about ball counts and not killing you when more balls get on the PF than they should (normally see it with 2 getting kicked out into the shooter lane). My thought is the game knows that no balls should be locked and when that switch gets re-triggered it things the ball didn't get released and is just trying to release what it thinks to be the only ball on the table.

Easter egg, glitch or whatever. It's a two ball multi ball! Personally when I turn on game and I can not get a good 1st ball going I will reset with two balls locked and start the multi ball, not overtime mind you but 5 out of 10 times about.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I need a little adhesive advice.
Last night I noticed the sticker on the center stand-up target on the upper playfield was missing. I thought for a bit that maybe was never there, until I saw the sticker stuck to the playfield near the right upper outlane.
I peeled the sticker off the playfield and attempted to re-adhere to the stand-up target. I'm guessing the adhesive may be spent as the sticker looks to be peeling off again. I attempted to add a little heat to the target hoping to re-activate the adhesive. Still seems to be only partially stuck on.
So, any suggestions for an good adhesive for this application. Seems to be a pretty gooey rubber cement type adhesive, which makes sense in this high impact location, but not sure what would be a good choice. Would replacement stickers be available from Stern?
Thank you!

I would first call Stern to get your replacement and make sure your other targets will not come off with gentle prodding. Try a local hobby shop around you or Rockrand suggestions. There is a hobby shop near me that sells super thin double sided tape I use. Not sure where they get it from as it has no name.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

This is my first NIB. I am not trolling this is an honest question and NOT complaining.
Is it common with the NIB purchases to have a lot of 'tweaks'. And is GOT Prem/L.E. above the normal with the number of 'tweaks' with a NIB?
I love the game but could see how other buyers could get frustrated and feel disappointed in the experience.

LOL! Welcome to the wonderful world of GOT LE/PREM owners. IMHO a brand new item in box should play like a brand new item in box. That means no issues. These machines were supposedly "TESTED" for manufacturing defects at the factory. Well if that is the case then why do I have 8 warranty work order replacements receipts? Never have I known a NIB game to have this many issues. I can understand a shipping disaster but not a manufacturing disaster. If I was told I would have to tweak this, fix that and replace these, then I would have never purchased the game. I am not aware of WWE problems as I do not follow those threads, but ever since KISS, it seems like stern is letting machines out the door with known issues and not correcting them. THIS IS NOT AN OPNION IT IS A FACT! Stern is well aware of issues with their pins but since the game is not unplayable, it seems they do not care. I could spend an hour typing up all the known KISS and GOT issues but you should just read my threads on KISS and GOT. Do I hate these games? Absolutely NOT. I LOVE THEM! The issue that I have is, I am needed to fix SOOOOOOOOO many issues that should have been caught doing QC testing. I am not trashing Stern as a whole I am simply stating that they have a few bad apples that are quickly turning whole batches sour. They need to clean house and tighten their QC methods. YES, Stern has said they are working the issue and will have resolved the issues soon, then again Stern has said the same thing about their KISS machine and its hardware issues.....9 MONTHS AGO. So you can either play they're waiting game, take it with a grain a salt or say "thats pinball what do you expect". IMHO the last excuse is pathetic and everyone who conforms to that train of thought usually do not contribute to the community in any great detail. I am simply going by the Sterns recent track record and trend with their spike games.

I am starting to have serious crisis of conscious issues with making these fixes and selling them. If I was made of money I would just send all these fixes out for free. If I took a video from start to finish of how my fix is created, cost of materials and time involved, I am making NO PROFIT on these. I make the equivalent of $60 an hour so if I were to put my time in another project I would make more money so all in all I am losing money for every bracket I make, the reason I am trying to help out the community is because the community has helped me out over the years with my pins, so this is my way to give back. It is also therapeutic which helps even out my Karma. One can only deal out so much death and destruction (ay job) before it takes a toll on the soul. I would not imagine SMVE will have issues as it is a remake, I for one will not be purchasing Sterns next pin as I do not believe a third time is a charm...lol. I have however been offered by some of my eccentric buyers to have their NIB Stern games sent to me to perform a QC inspection and MOD upgrade. I might consider this when I get back from deployment.

Sorry to vent everyone and AJ51, just be aware of what you are getting into and the most likely issues you will have to resolve.

FYI Pinside, I will be on an off intermittently the next few weeks due to training so please be patient with me until my return.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Zero frustration or disappointment here. Everything I've done on my NIB so far falls well within reasonable expectations, and right up my alley.
I've always taken my new toys apart. I enjoy the tinkering aspect of this hobby every bit as much (or more) than the playing part. I was concerned with this NIB there'd be nothing to do but play.

This partly true for me as well, but on that same note, not everyone has the skills and or means to fix issues of late like us.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

wrong topic for my post so I moved it to the GOT Premium Updates topic.
Just some pictures of an attempt I made at the Blue Castle Stickers.

link?

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Cross posting this from another thread. This seems like a better place to post. Any ideas?
"On the plus side my orbits work pretty well. Left orbit even makes it sometimes from a backhand. On the negative side my elevator sucks, really sucks. I even took it all apart and added the washers so that the screws don't protrude into the elevator shaft. It makes it on the first try to the mini-playfield about 50% of the time. But to the throne it is terrible. Makes it on the first try like maybe 10% of the time. Usually takes 3 to 5 tries to get up to the throne. I wish I knew what to do to fix it. I don't get very many bounce outs of the throne either. Just once in a while. Any suggestions?
While I'm spewing, the auto launch is WAY too powerful. It often rattles at the top before making it to the top lanes, sometimes even airballs around up there on the auto launch. I tried waxing and adjusting and it's better, but still aggravating. Any suggestions for that one?"

I have had to adjust my elevator a couple times. What code are you on? is your elevator diverter scoop smooth? May need some tweeking

#401 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, elevator not perfect but much better now. I realized that the upkicker solenoid is not on the elevator itself but mounted on the bottom of the playfield. I took that assy off, took it apart, cleaned the plunger and sleeve, put it all back together. Now the upkick to the throne works about 90% of the time, and the upkick to the mini playfield sometimes takes two attempts. I can live with that!

You shouldn't have to live with that. I think a lot of people are simply accepting these issues and not reporting them thus giving Stern a pass, but hey after six warranty work orders I am willing to live with too.

2 weeks later
#403 8 years ago

IIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAAAACK! Give me a mayor two to recover guys, still pretty bruised from training and I wanna get some family time in.

#405 8 years ago

Any interest? I have four Game Of Thrones 100 card sets in protective box case that will also come with a silver Targaryen necklace.

IMG_3283_(resized).JPGIMG_3283_(resized).JPG

#407 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

Hi CapGun,
I just wanted to say thank you. I successfully removed my upper playfield today thanks to your steps and pictures. I consider myself a reasonably handy guy, but I would have never have figured out your procedure on my own (especially with one of the main castle screws hiding under the dragon's wing). Once again, thank you very much!

Right on man! Hit me up if you need anymore help.

#408 8 years ago

PROTOTYPE V4.5

DUAL USB/HEAD PHONE BUTTON CAP

Dual USB/Headphone jack button. They sell these things for boats and cars but they are too big to fit in a standard tournament hole. So I ordered a few and directed them to see how I could make them smaller. I now have a working prototype. I will see about getting bulk pricing on these if I get enough interest.

IMG_3435_(resized).JPGIMG_3435_(resized).JPG

#409 8 years ago

For all you LE owners I have more castle stickers in

IMG_3289_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#411 8 years ago

This is what happens when you stack WMB and WHC and then using your add a ball

IMG_3312_(resized).JPGIMG_3312_(resized).JPG

#421 8 years ago

Make sure you guys check your ramps and get them replaced before warranty goes out.

IMG_3523_(resized).JPGIMG_3523_(resized).JPG

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Cap, what issue are you seeing w/ramps? Only issue for me is I managed to mash the threshold between the ramp and upper playfield just a little bit. But that's on me. The screws hold down the slight deformity, and ball cannot actually touch that area anyway. No plastics issues here, as far as I can see.

Besides this issue with ramp and my original one being messed up from factory, none. I will say they look a lot better when you re out the wires so they do not go under them. I might bring my two LE's to a show when I get back from deployment just to give those in need little tutorials on how to make their Spike machines last longer. Us military folk are all about the PMC's (Preventive Maintenance Checks)

#424 8 years ago

I caved and got one when they had the discount running. I will say this, It looks SWEET up there. However I was mislead from Stern in my purchase from they're advertising on Face book. The topper does not move or make sounds in attract mode, the feature is non functioning in recent code updates and yes the features are enabled in test menu. I wonder why they disabled it in the code as it is Sterns selling point in advertising.

IMG_3551_(resized).JPGIMG_3551_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#426 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Cap - did you ever post instructions for re-routing the wires for the ramps? I thought you did but can't find them.

Yes I did somewhere in this thread

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Jay,
I know you've provided a link to the LED boards you use for your Castle Black mod. I just cannot seem to find it. Do you recall where you got them?
I have an idea I'd like to toy around with...
Thanks!

I got them from Marco http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5333-00 but I think they are sold out. You can ask Chris at Coin taker, he may stock them. Make sure you PM me for details on the MOD, It will be a minute before I can test it out, but I am already adding goodies to my to do list for when I get home.

2 weeks later
#429 7 years ago

I think I have just enough room for a pin if I sleep under it. I am going to be such a NEWB when I get back after not touching a pin for a year......... Lol

2 months later
#433 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisW:

Need help from the pros - I'm a total newbie. Just bought my first machine - GOT LE and it seemed to be working great but now when both flippers are hit simultaneously, the lower playfield power goes out for a full second affecting all flippers. Flippers work individually without cutting power. There are no technician alerts. On the cycling coil test seems fine and all flippers are triggered and appear to work normally. My degree is in biology, not electronics - yikes! Also, throne is now not holding up the ball, it just falls through. Has anyone else experienced these issues? Any guidance as to where I can find some how-to's for stern machines and maintenance?

Stern for board swap and this thread for throne fix, I would also suggest you spend a day reading up here on all the additional fixes you are going to need to install to get an LE dialed in. Start on page one here. Good luck

2 weeks later
#438 7 years ago

add some spacers to the front so it is raised up in front and you should be good to go

3 months later
#440 7 years ago
Quoted from sprite:

Has anyone else had an issue with ball sticking on the switch just left of the throne? I just bought this game yesterday and it's happened several times. I lifted the play field to determine the cost and it seems when the ball exists from the castle it pushes the switch to the right and it jams under the LED board causing the stick to switch. Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure if I should snip the tip of the switch wire, or try to file down the LED. I tried moving it around and tightening it to no avail.

I cut the switch with some snips and make sure no other metal parts touch the LED board on solder side. GOT LE is jammed pack so a lot of items are extremely close to each other

4 months later
#441 7 years ago

Clearing out some post lane rubbers a 100 card GOT card set, a Tri dragon pendant/necklace and some back box stickers, PM if interested.

IMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4227 (resized).JPG

IMG_4230 (resized).JPGIMG_4230 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#444 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinpals:

I am having trouble with my ball getting stuck in the right inlane of the upper playfield on occasion, any suggestions? (besides a hard nudge)

press switch down with a flat head bending it downward a little and it will not raise up as much and ball can pass over easily. Or take upper play field off to loosen switch actuator

3 years later
#445 2 years ago

LE 311 video review.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister?tu=capguntrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.