IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3435_(resized).JPG
IMG_3283_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3290_(resized).JPG
IMG_3291_(resized).JPG
IMG_3292_(resized).JPG
There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice dude. I'm having trouble cracking 1.5 billion. Need to gets more combos going to get bigger mutiplied shots I think.

I'm still having trouble cracking 250M. I must really suck at this. Though, till less than 50 games in. Last night was mostly a lost night with the playfield disassembled to work on the orbit stuff.

I must say, a nice clean orbit shot from left flipper backhand to right flipper forehand, consistently, is quite satisfying!

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I'm still having trouble cracking 250M. I must really suck at this. Though, till less than 50 games in. Last night was mostly a lost night with the playfield disassembled to work on the orbit stuff.
I must say, a nice clean orbit shot from left flipper backhand to right flipper forehand, consistently, is quite satisfying!

Yep. And catching a ball screaming around the orbits on a live catch is pretty badass too.

#353 8 years ago

Okay...after 5 hours of wrestling with this machine, I put Cap's mods in the back (diverter mod and posts) and...

I still can't get a clean left orbit. The ball still gets hung up under the left gate, too, but I think if I just loosen the screws on the back panel and lift it up a bit, I can keep that from happening without ripping it all apart again.

Cap...your diverter mod never actually sat flush with the diverter arm no matter what I did, and I think that is the reason my orbit shots still aren't clean. I loosened the diverter and tried to adjust it forward (couldn't), and finally ended up pasting the diverter mod to the ball guide with mylar to try to press it as flat as possible...but I guess it still wasn't good enough.

I never had a problem with throne bounce-outs and still don't. I have your C-shaped thingy, but I'm not sure if I need it, nor am I sure exactly how it's installed since nobody has posted a throne picture with one in it.

So, I'm a little depressed about it. But you CAN finish Martell without left orbit shots, but that's bullshit that it was designed so poorly. Hopefully there will be another solution and I can waste another 5 hours of my life doing something I paid to have somebody else do.

On the bright side, my ramp doesn't launch airballs anymore...

#354 8 years ago

First small issue. Left outlane - "Lord of Light" was out. At first I thought maybe you had to light the left and right ball saves individually, until ball was saved on a dark outlane.

Inspection showed a loose wire on the LED board on the 5V pad. You'll also notice the Red connection' wire is a bit too close to the 5V pad, almost shorting! I moved the 2nd wire over a bit and reattached the loose wire.

Crappy solder joints abound on these small LED boards. I may poke around and re-flow the worst ones.

IMG_20160207_160109_(resized).jpgIMG_20160207_160109_(resized).jpg

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...after 5 hours of wrestling with this machine, I put Cap's mods in the back (diverter mod and posts) and...
I still can't get a clean left orbit. The ball still gets hung up under the left gate, too, but I think if I just loosen the screws on the back panel and lift it up a bit, I can keep that from happening without ripping it all apart again.
Cap...your diverter mod never actually sat flush with the diverter arm no matter what I did, and I think that is the reason my orbit shots still aren't clean. I loosened the diverter and tried to adjust it forward (couldn't), and finally ended up pasting the diverter mod to the ball guide with mylar to try to press it as flat as possible...but I guess it still wasn't good enough.
I never had a problem with throne bounce-outs and still don't. I have your C-shaped thingy, but I'm not sure if I need it, nor am I sure exactly how it's installed since nobody has posted a throne picture with one in it.
So, I'm a little depressed about it. But you CAN finish Martell without left orbit shots, but that's bullshit that it was designed so poorly. Hopefully there will be another solution and I can waste another 5 hours of my life doing something I paid to have somebody else do.
On the bright side, my ramp doesn't launch airballs anymore...

Pm me with your number and I will call you. You just do not have it installed correctly is all, once it is installed correctly you will be good to go

#356 8 years ago

New Sticker mod for LE owners. Looks a heck of a lot better than the plain metal out lane IMO.

IMG_2936_(resized).JPGIMG_2936_(resized).JPG

IMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3292_(resized).JPG

IMG_3291_(resized).JPGIMG_3291_(resized).JPG

IMG_3290_(resized).JPGIMG_3290_(resized).JPG

IMG_3289_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

New Sticker mod for LE owners. Looks a heck of a lot better than the plain metal out lane IMO.

IMG_2936_(resized).JPGIMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3291_(resized).JPGIMG_3290_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG

Ok, how much? Thinking about pulling trigger on PREM can you do one for PREM models?

#358 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

Ok, how much? Thinking about pulling trigger on PREM can you do one for PREM models?

Was waiting for someone to make this, I'm in for a premium version also if you go ahead.

Cheers

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Was waiting for someone to make this, I'm in for a premium version also if you go ahead.
Cheers

I WILL NEED HIGH RES PICTURES OF THE SIDE OF YOUR CASTLE WALL

#360 8 years ago

All LE owners can PM me if they want one. Guess I will add this to the list of things I will make...lol

#361 8 years ago

IMG_2936_(resized).JPGIMG_3292_(resized).JPGIMG_3291_(resized).JPGIMG_3290_(resized).JPGIMG_3289_(resized).JPG

nice going on the decal.

#362 8 years ago

Is Stern sending anyone free shaker motors or anything? I'm pretty pissed I had to spend a couple hours fixing my elevator just to get the game playable.

I also ordered the shield and know I will spend a few more hours to get the orbits working proper. It's just amazing at almost 7k I feel my game is maybe 85% as is.

Thankfully other people spent the majority of the time with the trial and error. I can imagine how beelzeboob must feel after all that and no luck.

I called Stern and got somebody on the horn that knew zip about GOT. Never even worked on one trying to help me. They finally took my name and number but that was two days ago....sigh.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Is Stern sending anyone free shaker motors or anything? I'm pretty pissed I had to spend a couple hours fixing my elevator just to get the game playable.
I also ordered the shield and know I will spend a few more hours to get the orbits working proper. It's just amazing at almost 7k I feel my game is maybe 85% as is.
Thankfully other people spent the majority of the time with the trial and error. I can imagine how beelzeboob must feel after all that and no luck.
I called Stern and got somebody on the horn that knew zip about GOT. Never even worked on one trying to help me. They finally took my name and number but that was two days ago....sigh.

You're not kidding. And now my diverter doesn't work right on the mystery shot.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're not kidding. And now my diverter doesn't work right on the mystery shot.

Beelz, I had a pm about that issue as well from some one. try reloading the code again

#365 8 years ago

The decal looks great. Did you make these yourself ?

#366 8 years ago

Ouch my ears

Yip I can certainly do that once my machine arrives...which unfortunately will be in 2-3 weeks.

#367 8 years ago

I put some here
http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/jtlrufus/library/GOT%20PREMIUM%20MINIPLAYFIELD
Hopefully something there will work.

#368 8 years ago

Working on it. Going to be a couple a weeks as I will be gone for training. Then I will start pumping some out

#369 8 years ago

FYI easter egg in game. If start a game with two balls locked at sword and continue to hit center ramp, you can unlock a two ball multi ball. The pin totally recognizes two balls on play field and does not end when one drains. The first two times I though it was a mistake but upon my fourth time getting it, I figured it was a cool glitch worth mentioning for LE/PREM owners.

#370 8 years ago

FYI easter egg in game. If start a game with two balls locked at sword and continue to hit center ramp, you can unlock a two ball multi ball. The pin totally recognizes two balls on play field and does not end when one drains. The first two times I though it was a mistake but upon my fourth time getting it, I figured it was a cool glitch worth mentioning for LE/PREM owners.

Interesting. Have to try this out!

#371 8 years ago

FYI easter egg in game. If start a game with two balls locked at sword and continue to hit center ramp, you can unlock a two ball multi ball.

I don't understand. When a game ends, the locked balls at the sword drain. How do you start a game with two balls locked?

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I don't understand. When a game ends, the locked balls at the sword drain. How do you start a game with two balls locked?

When you lock two balls hold flippers down and then Start button and game will reset, but will hold locked balls. hit that center ramp nearly getting WHC to light up and BAM! Multi two ball mode will happen. Just a glitch I think with balls slamming against each other in sword lock and releasing an extra ball thinking it one was not released.

#373 8 years ago

Speaking on behalf of all the people participating in this thread, I'm going to miss you over the next two weeks, Cap. Be well, stay safe, and I'll have a ton of stuff for you to help me with when you get back. (I still have to get that orbit mod to install correctly!)

#374 8 years ago

When you lock two balls hold flippers down and then Start button and game will reset, but will hold locked balls. hit that center ramp nearly getting WHC to light up and BAM! Multi two ball mode will happen. Just a glitch I think with balls slamming against each other in sword lock and releasing an extra ball thinking it one was not released.

Could you do the same but just reset your game by holding the start button down before the bonus count is finished on your previous game? Still waiting on my LE to get here or I'd try it myself

Seem more like a bug than an easter egg though. Stern's software is pretty good about ball counts and not killing you when more balls get on the PF than they should (normally see it with 2 getting kicked out into the shooter lane). My thought is the game knows that no balls should be locked and when that switch gets re-triggered it things the ball didn't get released and is just trying to release what it thinks to be the only ball on the table.

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Could you do the same but just reset your game by holding the start button down before the bonus count is finished on your previous game? Still waiting on my LE to get here or I'd try it myself
Seem more like a bug than an easter egg though. Stern's software is pretty good about ball counts and not killing you when more balls get on the PF than they should (normally see it with 2 getting kicked out into the shooter lane). My thought is the game knows that no balls should be locked and when that switch gets re-triggered it things the ball didn't get released and is just trying to release what it thinks to be the only ball on the table.

Easter egg, glitch or whatever. It's a two ball multi ball! Personally when I turn on game and I can not get a good 1st ball going I will reset with two balls locked and start the multi ball, not overtime mind you but 5 out of 10 times about.

#376 8 years ago

Personally when I turn on game and I can not get a good 1st ball going I will reset

I turn off Fast Restart on all my games because otherwise I do this waaaay too much. If I have a bad first ball then I have to play the whole game through. Makes me value my first ball a lot more!

#377 8 years ago

I need a little adhesive advice.

Last night I noticed the sticker on the center stand-up target on the upper playfield was missing. I thought for a bit that maybe was never there, until I saw the sticker stuck to the playfield near the right upper outlane.

I peeled the sticker off the playfield and attempted to re-adhere to the stand-up target. I'm guessing the adhesive may be spent as the sticker looks to be peeling off again. I attempted to add a little heat to the target hoping to re-activate the adhesive. Still seems to be only partially stuck on.

So, any suggestions for an good adhesive for this application. Seems to be a pretty gooey rubber cement type adhesive, which makes sense in this high impact location, but not sure what would be a good choice. Would replacement stickers be available from Stern?

Thank you!

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Last night I noticed the sticker on the center stand-up target on the upper playfield was missing. I thought for a bit that maybe was never there, until I saw the sticker stuck to the playfield near the right upper outlane.
I peeled the sticker off the playfield and attempted to re-adhere to the stand-up target. I'm guessing the adhesive may be spent as the sticker looks to be peeling off again. I attempted to add a little heat to the target hoping to re-activate the adhesive. Still seems to be only partially stuck on.
So, any suggestions for an good adhesive for this application. Seems to be a pretty gooey rubber cement type adhesive, which makes sense in this high impact location, but not sure what would be a good choice. Would replacement stickers be available from Stern?
Thank you!

I would use fabric tape,super thin and super sticky,it come in roles and in dispensers,I use it for a lot of pinball needs

#379 8 years ago

I would contact Stern for replacement target decals. Two sided tape would work too, like rockrand mentions. Carpet tape is sold at Lowe's and is thin and super sticky on both sides.

#380 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Thank you!

I would first call Stern to get your replacement and make sure your other targets will not come off with gentle prodding. Try a local hobby shop around you or Rockrand suggestions. There is a hobby shop near me that sells super thin double sided tape I use. Not sure where they get it from as it has no name.

#381 8 years ago

This is my first NIB. I am not trolling this is an honest question and NOT complaining.
Is it common with the NIB purchases to have a lot of 'tweaks'. And is GOT Prem/L.E. above the normal with the number of 'tweaks' with a NIB?
I love the game but could see how other buyers could get frustrated and feel disappointed in the experience.

#382 8 years ago

Zero frustration or disappointment here. Everything I've done on my NIB so far falls well within reasonable expectations, and right up my alley.

I've always taken my new toys apart. I enjoy the tinkering aspect of this hobby every bit as much (or more) than the playing part. I was concerned with this NIB there'd be nothing to do but play.

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

This is my first NIB. I am not trolling this is an honest question and NOT complaining.
Is it common with the NIB purchases to have a lot of 'tweaks'. And is GOT Prem/L.E. above the normal with the number of 'tweaks' with a NIB?
I love the game but could see how other buyers could get frustrated and feel disappointed in the experience.

LOL! Welcome to the wonderful world of GOT LE/PREM owners. IMHO a brand new item in box should play like a brand new item in box. That means no issues. These machines were supposedly "TESTED" for manufacturing defects at the factory. Well if that is the case then why do I have 8 warranty work order replacements receipts? Never have I known a NIB game to have this many issues. I can understand a shipping disaster but not a manufacturing disaster. If I was told I would have to tweak this, fix that and replace these, then I would have never purchased the game. I am not aware of WWE problems as I do not follow those threads, but ever since KISS, it seems like stern is letting machines out the door with known issues and not correcting them. THIS IS NOT AN OPNION IT IS A FACT! Stern is well aware of issues with their pins but since the game is not unplayable, it seems they do not care. I could spend an hour typing up all the known KISS and GOT issues but you should just read my threads on KISS and GOT. Do I hate these games? Absolutely NOT. I LOVE THEM! The issue that I have is, I am needed to fix SOOOOOOOOO many issues that should have been caught doing QC testing. I am not trashing Stern as a whole I am simply stating that they have a few bad apples that are quickly turning whole batches sour. They need to clean house and tighten their QC methods. YES, Stern has said they are working the issue and will have resolved the issues soon, then again Stern has said the same thing about their KISS machine and its hardware issues.....9 MONTHS AGO. So you can either play they're waiting game, take it with a grain a salt or say "thats pinball what do you expect". IMHO the last excuse is pathetic and everyone who conforms to that train of thought usually do not contribute to the community in any great detail. I am simply going by the Sterns recent track record and trend with their spike games.

I am starting to have serious crisis of conscious issues with making these fixes and selling them. If I was made of money I would just send all these fixes out for free. If I took a video from start to finish of how my fix is created, cost of materials and time involved, I am making NO PROFIT on these. I make the equivalent of $60 an hour so if I were to put my time in another project I would make more money so all in all I am losing money for every bracket I make, the reason I am trying to help out the community is because the community has helped me out over the years with my pins, so this is my way to give back. It is also therapeutic which helps even out my Karma. One can only deal out so much death and destruction (ay job) before it takes a toll on the soul. I would not imagine SMVE will have issues as it is a remake, I for one will not be purchasing Sterns next pin as I do not believe a third time is a charm...lol. I have however been offered by some of my eccentric buyers to have their NIB Stern games sent to me to perform a QC inspection and MOD upgrade. I might consider this when I get back from deployment.

Sorry to vent everyone and AJ51, just be aware of what you are getting into and the most likely issues you will have to resolve.

FYI Pinside, I will be on an off intermittently the next few weeks due to training so please be patient with me until my return.

#384 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Zero frustration or disappointment here. Everything I've done on my NIB so far falls well within reasonable expectations, and right up my alley.
I've always taken my new toys apart. I enjoy the tinkering aspect of this hobby every bit as much (or more) than the playing part. I was concerned with this NIB there'd be nothing to do but play.

This partly true for me as well, but on that same note, not everyone has the skills and or means to fix issues of late like us.

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

I've bought several NIB and HulkLE was by far the worst experience I've had. The majority of my NIB's haven't had real issues.

#386 8 years ago

Mark, Cap, and Dylan thank you for the feedback. Since I'm new to the forum and to this being my first NIB I just wanted to know if this is the norm. My budget doesn't allow me to buy too many games. I sold two to get the GOT. I'm not disappointed so much as surprised by the amount of bugs/fixes so far. Again not trolling, but eyes are definitely wide open if I think about purchasing another NIB. Thank you again.

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Mark, Cap, and Dylan thank you for the feedback. Since I'm new to the forum and to this being my first NIB I just wanted to know if this is the norm. My budget doesn't allow me to buy too many games. I sold two to get the GOT. I'm not disappointed so much as surprised by the amount of bugs/fixes so far. Again not trolling, but eyes are definitely wide open if I think about purchasing another NIB. Thank you again.

This not the norm. GOT LE/Premium and Avengers certainly required more attention than any others. I operate nine Sterns on location and have had almost no issues with every other title. GOT pro has been flawless as well. Most newbies assume more expensive means more fun and preorder LE's without playing them first. More expensive really means more complex and more things that can potentially go wrong. The best way to proceed is to play a game before you buy one.

#388 8 years ago

wrong topic for my post so I moved it to the GOT Premium Updates topic.
Just some pictures of an attempt I made at the Blue Castle Stickers.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

wrong topic for my post so I moved it to the GOT Premium Updates topic.
Just some pictures of an attempt I made at the Blue Castle Stickers.

link?

#390 8 years ago

Cross posting this from another thread. This seems like a better place to post. Any ideas?

"On the plus side my orbits work pretty well. Left orbit even makes it sometimes from a backhand. On the negative side my elevator sucks, really sucks. I even took it all apart and added the washers so that the screws don't protrude into the elevator shaft. It makes it on the first try to the mini-playfield about 50% of the time. But to the throne it is terrible. Makes it on the first try like maybe 10% of the time. Usually takes 3 to 5 tries to get up to the throne. I wish I knew what to do to fix it. I don't get very many bounce outs of the throne either. Just once in a while. Any suggestions?

While I'm spewing, the auto launch is WAY too powerful. It often rattles at the top before making it to the top lanes, sometimes even airballs around up there on the auto launch. I tried waxing and adjusting and it's better, but still aggravating. Any suggestions for that one?"

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Cross posting this from another thread. This seems like a better place to post. Any ideas?
"On the plus side my orbits work pretty well. Left orbit even makes it sometimes from a backhand. On the negative side my elevator sucks, really sucks. I even took it all apart and added the washers so that the screws don't protrude into the elevator shaft. It makes it on the first try to the mini-playfield about 50% of the time. But to the throne it is terrible. Makes it on the first try like maybe 10% of the time. Usually takes 3 to 5 tries to get up to the throne. I wish I knew what to do to fix it. I don't get very many bounce outs of the throne either. Just once in a while. Any suggestions?
While I'm spewing, the auto launch is WAY too powerful. It often rattles at the top before making it to the top lanes, sometimes even airballs around up there on the auto launch. I tried waxing and adjusting and it's better, but still aggravating. Any suggestions for that one?"

Are you running 1.22? That was supposed to help with the elevator. I had the same problem, but added all four washers and updated the code. Today, with multiple games, there was only one instance where the ball needed a second try to get up.

The auto launch IS powerful. My problem is that sometimes it isn't powerful at all and barely makes it up the ramp...unless we're describing the same thing and the over-power is what's causing it to hit the sides and lose power before entering the playfield. I found just by wiggling the autofire mechanism in the shooter lane (from underneath), it immediately helped with the consistency of the ball making it to the elevator. (Now my diverter sometimes allows the ball to go all the way around the orbit on a plunge. *sigh* )

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have had to adjust my elevator a couple times. What code are you on? is your elevator diverter scoop smooth? May need some tweeking

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

Far too many people are saying this a great game...but.. Simply put how great is it for those who have had many issues with GoT Le? It simply isn't good enough from Stern's quality control and from Mr G Stern himself.
My 2nd nib from Stern. 2 machines over 4 weeks and after another 4 weeks to establish issues with the replacement Le which have been ongoing and has affected losses of revenue for my business. I'm told today another 6 weeks for replacement decals, throne, elevator ,node boards and side rails which is around 10 weeks and by then totalling 14 weeks of hassle and oh yeah too bad about the dent under the back box The saga with these 2 LE's and the ongoing stalling from the distributor here in Oz for nearly 2 months now has just been a debacle of errors and hoop jumping to prove my point from day one.
As an operator you really roll the dice with NiB Stern in Australia. They don't give a damn if your business suffers due to downtime for the vast list of failures these Sterns leave the factory with. The parts seem to arrive on a slow boat from Chicago at whoevers leisure.
If you're a home use only owner you'll just have to suck it up if you drop big bucks on the L.E and it has issues.You'll be packing it down and loading it up off to approved technician for your state or worse you'll be paying to ship it back and forth to him and you'll get it back whenever he gets to it if he's not too busy.
For those that got zero issue NIB Stern units now and in the previous years well you were the lucky ones. If you're in the states I understand to be true you're all getting your parts pretty quick,not so down here.
I will never buy NIB Stern or deal with their reps in Australia ever again. This current unit will be up for sale as soon as all issues are fixed under warranty and then it will be as it should have been when it left Stern hq and I'll be taking another gamble NiB with The Hobbit. Stern nib down under..forget it!!

#395 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Far too many people are saying this a great game...but.. Simply put how great is it for those who have had many issues with GoT Le? It simply isn't good enough from Stern's quality control and from Mr G Stern himself.
My 2nd nib from Stern. 2 machines over 4 weeks and after another 4 weeks to establish issues with the replacement Le which have been ongoing and has affected losses of revenue for my business. I'm told today another 6 weeks for replacement decals, throne, elevator ,node boards and side rails which is around 10 weeks and by then totalling 14 weeks of hassle and oh yeah too bad about the dent under the back box The saga with these 2 LE's and the ongoing stalling from the distributor here in Oz for nearly 2 months now has just been a debacle of errors and hoop jumping to prove my point from day one.
As an operator you really roll the dice with NiB Stern in Australia. They don't give a damn if your business suffers due to downtime for the vast list of failures these Sterns leave the factory with. The parts seem to arrive on a slow boat from Chicago at whoevers leisure.
If you're a home use only owner you'll just have to suck it up if you drop big bucks on the L.E and it has issues.You'll be packing it down and loading it up off to approved technician for your state or worse you'll be paying to ship it back and forth to him and you'll get it back whenever he gets to it if he's not too busy.
For those that got zero issue NIB Stern units now and in the previous years well you were the lucky ones. If you're in the states I understand to be true you're all getting your parts pretty quick,not so down here.
I will never buy NIB Stern or deal with their reps in Australia ever again. This current unit will be up for sale as soon as all issues are fixed under warranty and then it will be as it should have been when it left Stern hq and I'll be taking another gamble NiB with The Hobbit. Stern nib down under..forget it!!

The only machines I lost money on in my arcade were X Men LE and Avengers LE. I would never put another LE on location again. GOT pro has been great on location. I wouldn't give up on Stern, I would just forget about LE's as an option for a location.

#396 8 years ago

I have had to adjust my elevator a couple times. What code are you on? is your elevator diverter scoop smooth? May need some tweeking

I'm running v.1.23. The diverter in the elevator seems to work fine. I played it some more last night and the kick up to the mini playfield work almost 100%. But the kick up the the throne, you can see the ball make it to the very top of the elevator and fall back down. You can tell the software is trying different kick strengths. After several fails it will fire one out even harder and it makes it.

Also, I'm not so sure that my other problem is related to the strength of the auto launcher. Because quite often a ball shot from the left flipper will rattle right at the top of the right orbit and fail to make it into the pops. Very frustrating when it is a shot you need right then!

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Also, I'm not so sure that my other problem is related to the strength of the auto launcher. Because quite often a ball shot from the left flipper will rattle right at the top of the right orbit and fail to make it into the pops. Very frustrating when it is a shot you need right then!

I had a problem with this to. The linkage in the auto-launcher had a loose screw and it wasn't always delivering a solid hit. My auto-plunge would fall short sometimes.

The right orbit would rattle and get air because the rail was bent out at the top and the arc of the curve wasn't smooth. I just bent the rail in a tiny bit to make it work.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#398 8 years ago

Interesting. I forgot to mention that I too messed with that rail to try to solve the problem. But mine was the opposite. The rail was pushed back to the right, far inside the black line that is on the playfield. I bowed it back out to line up with the black line but it didn't really seem to help.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Interesting. I forgot to mention that I too messed with that rail to try to solve the problem. But mine was the opposite. The rail was pushed back to the right, far inside the black line that is on the playfield. I bowed it back out to line up with the black line but it didn't really seem to help.

Mine too.

#400 8 years ago

OK, elevator not perfect but much better now. I realized that the upkicker solenoid is not on the elevator itself but mounted on the bottom of the playfield. I took that assy off, took it apart, cleaned the plunger and sleeve, put it all back together. Now the upkick to the throne works about 90% of the time, and the upkick to the mini playfield sometimes takes two attempts. I can live with that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.