IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3435_(resized).JPG
IMG_3283_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3290_(resized).JPG
IMG_3291_(resized).JPG
IMG_3292_(resized).JPG
There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 8 years ago

Nice pics TVP. You may need to enlarge the assembly's mounting holes

#102 8 years ago

I also tried to move the ball rail that is right of the diverter back/aft more when tightening the ball rail nut underneath the playfield. There is not a lot of room for movement.

So in summary, I tried moving the diverter assembly and bushing fore/forward and the ball rail back/aft. There is not a lot of room for movement.

20160113_085214_(resized).jpg20160113_085214_(resized).jpg

#103 8 years ago

PICS OF REMOVED DIVERTER

IMG_2866_(resized).JPGIMG_2866_(resized).JPG

IMG_2867_(resized).JPGIMG_2867_(resized).JPG

IMG_2868_(resized).JPGIMG_2868_(resized).JPG

IMG_2871_(resized).JPGIMG_2871_(resized).JPG

IMG_2872_(resized).JPGIMG_2872_(resized).JPG

#104 8 years ago

Testing of loose diverter to attempt fix from STERN suggestions. Video also shows that if diverter is adjusted too much a right orbit and shooter lane launch will be hindered.

#105 8 years ago

great job

#106 8 years ago

I put my game back together to see how the left orbit works and it still will not ever make it to the right orbit.

I tried moving the diverter bushing and diverter coil assembly as far forward as I could and also tried moving the ball rail, right of the diverter, as far back as I could.

I emailed stern yesterday and am awaiting a response.

I am not sure what else to try.

If others are having similar problems, please email stern to let them know.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cool I am glad to read some of the GOTLE's might be functioning correctly. Video please.

Here is a link to a 7 second video showing the left orbit shot being made. I video'd the shot being made during the start of BTFW multiball. You can see the left orbit ball coming in the mirror blades and it falls down the right orbit with a newly launched ball. I have made this shot backhanded from the left flipper, but it is not as consistent as the shot from the right flipper. You do realize that the complete left orbit shot is not available all the time. There is a diverter at the top right that is closed most of the time to feed the pop bumpers.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Here is a link to a 7 second video showing the left orbit shot being made. I video'd the shot being made during the start of BTFW multiball. You can see the left orbit ball coming in the mirror blades and it falls down the right orbit with a newly launched ball. I have made this shot backhanded from the left flipper, but it is not as consistent as the shot from the right flipper. You do realize that the complete left orbit shot is not available all the time. There is a diverter at the top right that is closed most of the time to feed the pop bumpers.
» YouTube video

Glad that a few people have working LE's, as for the rest of us with issues, I am still working on a fix

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I for see the Castle Black area getting Tore up badly in future. There is no mylar covering that area and with the two gate stoppers right there that bring a pinball to a bouncing or skidding stop.... I shutter to think. Get a mylar rectangle in if you tear that area down.
IMG_2802_(resized).JPG

I have never seen these 2 lights lit up in gameplay but they do light up as the game sits. I thought this was the skill shot? or at least in the pro. Any other L.E owners with this or may not have noticed given so much crowding there?

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

» YouTube video

Thanks for the video. I am aware the gates are only open on certain modes like on the martel mode. Is their any way you could shoot another video with that mode running with one ball. On your video the other ball stops the motion of the orbit shot. Does the ball go all the way around smoothly or does it just barely dribble out. Thanks again.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

You do realize that the complete left orbit shot is not available all the time. There is a diverter at the top right that is closed most of the time to feed the pop bumpers.

Yes I am aware of the other diverters. Unfortunately, the ball gets knocked off its orbit and lands in the lanes before even making it to the diverter just right of the lanes.

#112 8 years ago

Left Orbit fix 2:

With my custom post rubbers I was getting more clearance, but would still get hung up now and again, but with my custom shield transition piece, I make it every time.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

. You do realize that the complete left orbit shot is not available all the time. There is a diverter at the top right that is closed most of the time to feed the pop bumpers.

Does anyone know when the complete left orbit shot is supposed to be available? Mine definitely works in Martell Mode. The full orbit kicks my ass sometimes by the surprise of having it. So ... unless you're in a few certain modes (Martell, Baratheon (I think), multiball, etc), the complete left orbit is not available?

#114 8 years ago

Just updated to 1.21 WTF Now I have flipper issues! During gameplay just not responding for a split second up to a second or 2 on both playfields !!!!! Argh
Not happy Stern.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Jrnyman:

Does anyone know when the complete left orbit shot is supposed to be available? Mine definitely works in Martell Mode. The full orbit kicks my ass sometimes by the surprise of having it. So ... unless you're in a few certain modes (Martell, Baratheon (I think), multiball, etc), the complete left orbit is not available?

My Martell has always been upper playfield. Still testing new code and not happy so far.

#116 8 years ago

Glad that a few people have working LE's, as for the rest of us with issues, I am still working on a fix

Flipper issues since update to 1.21 anyone?

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Flipper issues since update to 1.21 anyone?

LOL when I get my game back together and update from 1.9 I will let ya know

#118 8 years ago

With my custom post rubbers I was getting more clearance, but would still get hung up now and again, but with my custom shield transition piece, I make it every time.

Hopefully somebody at Stern is watching this and they can make this themselves. Pretty inexcusable this passed quality control. Really fantastic work thanks again!

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Thanks for the video. I am aware the gates are only open on certain modes like on the martel mode. Is their any way you could shoot another video with that mode running with one ball. On your video the other ball stops the motion of the orbit shot. Does the ball go all the way around smoothly or does it just barely dribble out. Thanks again.

Yes, the ball goes all the way around smoothly. I have done the left orbit with a backhand shot off the left flipper multiple times, but it is much easier with from the right flipper. You can imagine the speed coming from the orbit shot if the ball that was launched didn't get in the way. It's very quick. I have even had the left orbit shot come around and made the left kicker, as a matter of self defense.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Yes, the ball goes all the way around smoothly. I have done the left orbit with a backhand shot off the left flipper multiple times, but it is much easier with from the right flipper. You can imagine the speed coming from the orbit shot if the ball that was launched didn't get in the way. It's very quick. I have even had the left orbit shot come around and made the left kicker, as a matter of self defense.

That's good news maybe not all GOTLE's games are affected then.

#121 8 years ago

Left Orbit fix 2:
» YouTube video

Thanks for the update. I am waiting to hear back from stern. Looks like good fix since the diverter or ball rail can't move.

This is starting to piss me off with my last two Steve Richie games. GOT-LE with this problem and his fix on ST-LE of drilling a screw into the playfield by the pops for ball hangups.

Come on Richie, design better!

#122 8 years ago

Left Orbit fix 2:
» YouTube video

I think you nailed it. I'm not sure about the custom post rubbers but I believe the ball is hitting the V on the rail. I can make the shot pretty consistently from the right flipper but not the left. Speed of the shot being more an issue.

I think Steve Ritchie was referring to the problem. Was having where the ball was not making the elevator. This had to do with the diverter arm at it's base was sticking out on mine. I believe I may have been the only person to have this issue.

#123 8 years ago

Hey Cap you test the left orbit with just stock post rubbers and your shield?

#124 8 years ago

Capgun, any chance you could post some more detailed images of your "custom shield transition piece"? Maybe the dimensions of it too as well as how exactly you installed it?

My LE is also having this issue with the left orbit. I tested while battling Martell since the ball should make full completions from either orbit. When shooting the left orbit, I see the ball gate raise to let the ball pass through, but the ball never actually makes it to the gate & falls into the pops every time. The right loop shot makes the complete orbit every time though.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Capgun, any chance you could post some more detailed images of your "custom shield transition piece"? Maybe the dimensions of it too as well as how exactly you installed it?
My LE is also having this issue with the left orbit. I tested while battling Martell since the ball should make full completions from either orbit. When shooting the left orbit, I see the ball gate raise to let the ball pass through, but the ball never actually makes it to the gate & falls into the pops every time. The right loop shot makes the complete orbit every time though.

+1

#126 8 years ago

For everyone having the orbit problem, please contact stern to have your problem documented.

I'd rather see stern make a fix instead of us having to do it.

Thanks

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Thanks for the update. I am waiting to hear back from stern. Looks like good fix since the diverter or ball rail can't move.
This is starting to pass me off with my last two Steve Richie games. GOT-LE with this problem and his fix on ST-LE of drilling a screw into the playfield by the pops for ball hangups.
Come on Richie, design better!

My WD has this screw by pops also

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

For everyone having the orbit problem, please contact stern to have your problem documented.
I'd rather see stern make a fix instead of us having to do it.
Thanks

Already done. I called Stern to notify them & also sent them an e-mail linking this thread as well as videos of the problem occurring across multiple machines from YouTube videos of the LE.

When I called, Shawn said that Steve Ritchie had already taken Pat & Chas out of the office to look at something, so they could already be onto it. Either way, they're definitely aware of it now.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Already done. I called Stern to notify them & also sent them an e-mail linking this thread as well as videos of the problem occurring across multiple machines from YouTube videos of the LE.
When I called, Shawn said that Steve Ritchie had already taken Pat & Chas out of the office to look at something, so they could already be onto it. Either way, they're definitely aware of it now.

I talked to chas and emailed him a link to this thread and the videos as well.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

Hey Cap you test the left orbit with just stock post rubbers and your shield?

Yes I did and the verdict is that the shield bracket allows for a left orbit shot pass through but with my smaller rubbers there is more wiggle room for a less than perfect left orbit shot. Problem people will be having soon without smaller rubber is that those plastic posts, mainly the middle one is going to take a really bad beating and crack and break up. Those posts were not designed to take frequent hard strikes, but because of the v grove diversion into that center post it will cut the life span of that plastic by 65% roughly.

Quoted from PinB:

I will post free plans and dimensions as soon as I finish testing mine and three others. I want to make sure it can take some abuse before I start sending these out to you guys. I also heard that Stern heads were having an engineering meeting about this and that they do not like me that much...LMFAO!

#131 8 years ago

Yes I did and the verdict is that the shield bracket allows for a left orbit shot pass through but with my smaller rubbers there is more wiggle room for a less than perfect left orbit shot. Problem people will be having soon without smaller rubber is that those plastic posts, mainly the middle one is going to take a really bad beating and crack and break up. Those posts were not designed to take frequent hard strikes, but because of the v grove diversion into that center post it will cut the life span of that plastic by 65% roughly.

I will post free plans and dimensions as soon as I finish testing mine and three others. I want to make sure it can take some abuse before I start sending these out to you guys. I also heard that Stern heads were having an engineering meeting about this and that they do not like me that much...LMFAO!

Thanks!

#132 8 years ago

I am also having a issue as my ball keeps getting stuck here (look at pic) What are you guys suggesting? Cap my throne was also broken I called Stern to send me a new one lol

GOT_(resized).JPGGOT_(resized).JPG

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Just an update from my experience with Stern tech support: They initially told me to try Steve Ritchie's proposed solution (loosening the diverter assembly screws, then pushing it forward while retightening the screws). Unfortunately, that didn't solve the issue for my game. Upon hearing this, Stern told me that they are aware of the issue happening across multiple machines. They said that they are actively researching a solution for the issue & that they would get back to me.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Just an update from my experience with Stern tech support: They initially told me to try Steve Ritchie's proposed solution (loosening the diverter assembly screws, then pushing it forward while retightening the screws). Unfortunately, that didn't solve the issue for my game. Upon hearing this, Stern told me that they are aware of the issue happening across multiple machines. They said that they are actively researching a solution for the issue & that they would get back to me.

Not that I mind helping everyone but on this issue I really hope they send out a fix and not refer people to my thread like with my KISS fixes. With that being said, I am making 4 more prototype shields next week to help some of you all out.

#135 8 years ago

Are you guys with your fix a orbit issue or is your ball getting stuck like mine?

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Are you guys with your fix a orbit issue or is your ball getting stuck like mine?

never seen a stuck ball , you get those pics for me yet?

#137 8 years ago

NEW ISSUE!
EVERYONE CHECK YOUR BATTERING RAM! I noticed some black shavings and saw that the top left screw is scraping the battering ram. It is an easy fix you just need to add a washer, but if you have not done so your ram may be damaged and need replacing. This could also be the reason why some battering ram hits do not register. Let me know if this is just my machine or its others.

IMG_2929_(resized).JPGIMG_2929_(resized).JPG
IMG_2930_(resized).JPGIMG_2930_(resized).JPG
IMG_2931_(resized).JPGIMG_2931_(resized).JPG

#138 8 years ago

never seen a stuck ball , you get those pics for me yet?

Yea I posted a pic in my earlier post of ball stuck... I need to start taking it apart to fully look at whats going on.

#139 8 years ago

Yea I posted a pic in my earlier post of ball stuck... I need to start taking it apart to fully look at whats going on.

Yeah I saw that one. I need a side shot mainly left orbit side to see where hang up is. Top view gives no depth and angle perception for my programs to calculate adjustments

#140 8 years ago

Anyone ever have a left orbit shot actually rebound and come back out of the left orbit? I'm getting that too.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone ever have a left orbit shot actually rebound and come back out of the left orbit? I'm getting that too.

happens to me. Usually from backhanding from left flipper.

#142 8 years ago

Yeah I saw that one. I need a side shot mainly left orbit side to see where hang up is. Top view gives no depth and angle perception for my programs to calculate adjustments

I hear you that was the only shot I could really get without removing parts of PF.. I will start working on it and try to get a better shot when I start getting access to the area and I will post some new pics. Thanks Cap for all this great info for GOT owners!

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yes. This actually started happening a lot more on my game since I tried Steve Ritchie's proposed fix. Before that, the ball would usually fall into the pops instead of making the full orbit. Now I get a mix of either rebounds or pops.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Quoted from frolic:

happens to me. Usually from backhanding from left flipper.

Quoted from PinB:

Yes. This actually started happening a lot more on my game since I tried Steve Ritchie's proposed fix. Before that, the ball would usually fall into the pops instead of making the full orbit. Now I get a mix of either rebounds or pops.

YES TO ALL! When implementing the Steve Ritchie fix you may have inadvertently created a gap where the diverter connects with the lane, if this happened then the ball will jump and hit the first post falling back down left orbit. This is exactly what happened to me when I tried this fix. This only happens when your left orbit shot is less than perfect. The smaller rubbers cut this down so it makes it past the first lane 8-10 times. Using the rubber coil sleeves has a 100% pass rate, at least on my machine. The diverter shield I created completes the pass through.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

All the time

#146 8 years ago

I figured out whats going on with mine yet I still need to fix it... On the left orbit shot when a ball does not have allot of speed its getting hung up between the rubber and the gate. You would think this wouldn't happen much yet its every freaking game! Cap how should I access the area take off the upper playfield? I think smaller rubber on that post and getting in there to see WTF is going on would be a good start. Any suggestions?

#147 8 years ago

When implementing the Steve Ritchie fix you may have inadvertently created a gap where the diverter connects with the lane

Just for the record, my game is untouched, I've not tried any fixes. Waiting for a final "fix" (hopefully from Stern). So the ball bouncing back is from the factory build.

#148 8 years ago

I am also having a issue as my ball keeps getting stuck here (look at pic) What are you guys suggesting? Cap my throne was also broken I called Stern to send me a new one lol
GOT_(resized).JPG

I'm having the same issue, very frustrating

#149 8 years ago

I figured out whats going on with mine yet I still need to fix it... On the left orbit shot when a ball does not have allot of speed its getting hung up between the rubber and the gate. You would think this wouldn't happen much yet its every freaking game! Cap how should I access the area take off the upper playfield? I think smaller rubber on that post and getting in there to see WTF is going on would be a good start. Any suggestions?

In order to remove replace rubber just the ramp needs to be removed I think, but if you have your own diverter shield then you only need to remove diverter and loosen one lane guide bolt.

Quoted from frolic:

Just for the record, my game is untouched, I've not tried any fixes. Waiting for a final "fix" (hopefully from Stern). So the ball bouncing back is from the factory build.

I got tired of waiting on saucer eject fix for KISS from Stern so I made my own. Stern now refers people to my Kiss thread for that fix, so if Sterns last pin is any indicator to engineering fixes, you may be waiting awhile. TWD was an exception because sending out ramp fixes was costing them money in replacements and warranty work, Ball hang ups may not be on their top priority. I am not bashing Stern in anyway. I am simply stating the facts from their last pin release and how they dealt with that issue.

#150 8 years ago

NEW ISSUE!
EVERYONE CHECK YOUR BATTERING RAM! I noticed some black shavings and saw that the top left screw is scraping the battering ram. It is an easy fix you just need to add a washer, but if you have not done so your ram may be damaged and need replacing. This could also be the reason why some battering ram hits do not register. Let me know if this is just my machine or its others.
IMG_2929_(resized).JPG
IMG_2930_(resized).JPG
IMG_2931_(resized).JPG

SHEESH! With all these issues I may just wait for a second run of the premiums and code bugs get worked out, at least they haven't abandoned GOT code like they have with KISS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.