IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3435_(resized).JPG
IMG_3283_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_3289_(resized).JPG
IMG_3290_(resized).JPG
IMG_3291_(resized).JPG
IMG_3292_(resized).JPG
There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
#1 8 years ago

!!!ATTENTION!!!!
DISCLAIMER: I am not a STERN TECH, the information posted here is to help assist owners on their STERN pinball machines (more so with GOT LE/PREM models this topic), With that being said I am a owner/operator of a few location arcades. LETS GET TO IT NOW!

This machine truly is amazing out of the box. Over the course of the next few weeks I will be adding a lot of mods to truly make this LE, Lannister worthy. So pay close attention to all the updates and mods that will be added. I have been reading all of the LE threads and noting issues that everyone is having with theirs and have been comparing them with my own. I noticed right from the start that my throne was damaged and have a new one on order. The ticket pin was bent, no biggie as I bent it back. My biggest gripe so far is the shear laziness that went into the wiring of the ramps. I have already started breaking down the mini play field and relocating the wires that run under the ramps so they are not eye sores anymore. Look for next few posts and tutorial on relocating them so they do not stand out so horribly.

The mini play field break down was not all that hard and from what I have seen from under there it is recommended that everyone do it to clean out the mess left behind. I will post pictures later of the mini play field removed. You will see that under the play field there were lots of metal shavings, so all LE owners should check your play fields for that. I am also getting the same 23 tech alerts as others. I will also get under side pics of mini play field for everyone wanting reference pics.

While I am breaking this down make sure to send your requests for any reference pics you all may want, more to follow.

IMG_2615_(resized).JPGIMG_2615_(resized).JPG
IMG_2617_(resized).JPGIMG_2617_(resized).JPG
IMG_2618_(resized).JPGIMG_2618_(resized).JPG
IMG_2685_(resized).JPGIMG_2685_(resized).JPG
IMG_2665_(resized).JPGIMG_2665_(resized).JPG
IMG_2668_(resized).JPGIMG_2668_(resized).JPG
IMG_2619_(resized).JPGIMG_2619_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing.
Would defiinitely like more info, pix & solutions.

Was really thinking of buying one, but if Stern is getting sloppy, maybe I should pass on this LE ?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Thanks for sharing.
Would defii rely like more info, pix & solutions.
Was really thinking of buying one, but if Stern is getting sloppy, maybe I should pass on this LE ?

SLOPPY, yes, but with a little extra work I am betting this will be an all time great, its ashamed it can not be like that right out of the box.

#4 8 years ago

Cap,

This is great. I read your KISS thread even though I do the own a KISS because your detail is so well done. I do own a GOT LE and was hoping you'd do this exact thread! Can't wait to see what you do.

My biggest thing is rejects on the right ramp when it's hit too hard and the ball rattles on the ramp / top protector. Not sure if I'm the only one or not. Look forward to seeing what you find with that.

Thanks for all your help!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

Cap,
This is great. I read your KISS thread even though I do the own a KISS because your detail is so well done. I do own a GOT LE and was hoping you'd do this exact thread! Can't wait to see what you do.
My biggest thing is rejects on the right ramp when it's hit too hard and the ball rattles on the ramp / top protector. Not sure if I'm the only one or not. Look forward to seeing what you find with that.
Thanks for all your help!

Can you post a pic of where exactly it is hanging up and I will try and mimic the same on mine. I will admit I only put about 10 games on it before I was noticing issues so It may be a more than a few days before I get it put back together completely for final game play, but rest assured I am going to bullet proof this one like my KISS LE.

#6 8 years ago

UNDERSIDE MINI PLAY FIELD

IMG_2700_(resized).JPGIMG_2700_(resized).JPG

IMG_2706_(resized).JPGIMG_2706_(resized).JPG

IMG_2705_(resized).JPGIMG_2705_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

Cool thanks for making this thread could you see if you could fix this issue aswell?

The left orbit shot on all of the GOTLE game play videos that I have watched and the GOTLE I have played on route the ball does not make a complete loop from the left orbit like it is designed to. All of the pros I have played the ball goes the whole way around when it is exposed to. Can anybody that owns a GOTLE let me know if their game works like it is intended?
I even asked Steve Richie about the situation and he gave me some tips on the how to fix it. The tips are below.
1. Check the wires running to the electric gates. On some games, the wires were too long and can actually interfere with the ball. Pull the slack out behind the back panel, if there is any.
2. Remove the upper playfield, (it's not that difficult, go to pinside.com and there is a tutorial about removing it), and see what causes the ball to stop at the jets. You may not have to remove the upper playfield if you can watch/see what the ball does when it passes the horizontal blade diverter that opens up to let the ball into the Elevator. It has mounting screws under the playfield that can be loosened and the unit moved fore and aft a bit. I would try this before removing the upper playfield. It may be the culprit.
3. Don't forget to shoot balls through LEFT and RIGHT orbits after making a position adjustment to the diverter. It is possible to screw up the right orbit action with a radical adjustment.

#8 8 years ago

Was reading about those two screws protruding in the elevator and was having the same ball hang up issue. ALL FIXED NOW! I added two lock washers that made them nearly flush with elevator wall. This is also a must for LE owners even if your ball does not have clearance issues. I would imagine your pin balls getting chewed and nicked up by scraping against those frequently. Replacing 6 balls every 100 plays could get costly over time.

As you can see from outside the elevator and inside the elevator pics those two screws are going to eat up some pinballs if that is not addressed. Pictured from back play field panel I have installed two lock washers for the protruding fix. Make sure you grab hold of the spring and coil at same time or else the coil spring and washers will go flying into bottom of cab.

IMG_2688_(resized).JPGIMG_2688_(resized).JPG

IMG_2691_(resized).JPGIMG_2691_(resized).JPG

IMG_2707_(resized).JPGIMG_2707_(resized).JPG

IMG_2708_(resized).JPGIMG_2708_(resized).JPG

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Cool thanks for making this thread could you see if you could fix this issue aswell?
The left orbit shot on all of the GOTLE game play videos that I have watched and the GOTLE I have played on route the ball does not make a complete loop from the left orbit like it is designed to. All of the pros I have played the ball goes the whole way around when it is exposed to. Can anybody that owns a GOTLE let me know if their game works like it is intended?
I even asked Steve Richie about the situation and he gave me some tips on the how to fix it. The tips are below.
1. Check the wires running to the electric gates. On some games, the wires were too long and can actually interfere with the ball. Pull the slack out behind the back panel, if there is any.
2. Remove the upper playfield, (it's not that difficult, go to pinside.com and there is a tutorial about removing it), and see what causes the ball to stop at the jets. You may not have to remove the upper playfield if you can watch/see what the ball does when it passes the horizontal blade diverter that opens up to let the ball into the Elevator. It has mounting screws under the playfield that can be loosened and the unit moved fore and aft a bit. I would try this before removing the upper playfield. It may be the culprit.
3. Don't forget to shoot balls through LEFT and RIGHT orbits after making a position adjustment to the diverter. It is possible to screw up the right orbit action with a radical adjustment.

I am looking into that but have to remove right and left ramp and then to get a better look. Mine also does not make complete orbits and from what I can tell may not be able to because of the Castle Black gate stopper coil being active, i will investigate further and take lots of pics for the fix I create.

#10 8 years ago

WHATS UNDER THE MINI PLAY FIELD

FYI Not sure if this was forgotten some of the plastic protectors were not removed. i removed this one as it looks like it would work itself off and cause a hang up later on.

IMG_2640_(resized).JPGIMG_2640_(resized).JPG

IMG_2642_(resized).JPGIMG_2642_(resized).JPG

IMG_2643_(resized).JPGIMG_2643_(resized).JPG

IMG_2644_(resized).JPGIMG_2644_(resized).JPG

IMG_2645_(resized).JPGIMG_2645_(resized).JPG

IMG_2646_(resized).JPGIMG_2646_(resized).JPG

IMG_2647_(resized).JPGIMG_2647_(resized).JPG

IMG_2648_(resized).JPGIMG_2648_(resized).JPG

IMG_2650_(resized).JPGIMG_2650_(resized).JPG

IMG_2656_(resized).JPGIMG_2656_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Pictured from back play field panel I have installed two lock washers for the protruding fix.

Do you have an after-fix photo looking down inside of elevator for comparison for us? Love this thread, also have found lots of metal shavings around. Curious if you have any issues or notice anything squirrelly about the drop targets install as they act strange and bouncy on my game.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Do you have an after-fix photo looking down inside of elevator for comparison for us? Love this thread, also have found lots of metal shavings around. Curious if you have any issues or notice anything squirrelly about the drop targets install as they act strange and bouncy on my game.

Here is what it looks like after washers have been installed, damn near flush now and no elevator issues. I did the fix on day one but am just now being able to get pics with mini play field off. Bouncy drop targets? Can you take a picture or better yet a video and post so I can see what you mean. Did you check to see of your target retraction springs are connected?

#13 8 years ago

My left ramp was also cracked. My distributor is going to looooove me with all these fixes.

IMG_2709_(resized).JPGIMG_2709_(resized).JPG

#14 8 years ago

Can someone past the link to the instructions to remove the mini play field? I'm waiting for a node board, so I may clean things up while the machine is down.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Can someone past the link to the instructions to remove the mini play field? I'm waiting for a node board, so I may clean things up while the machine is down.

coming up in a few

#16 8 years ago

MINI PLAY FIELD REMOVAL

Any additional questions? The mini play field can actually be removed without taking dragon off but I figured I would not risk damaging anything or scraping plastics trying to wiggle it out from under dragon. Once you remove dragon and have mini play field out reattach dragon with two screws in back with just your hand so he is not dangling back there.

Disconnect these two connectors under main play field, you may need to snip one zip tie holding themIMG_2725_(resized).JPGIMG_2725_(resized).JPGThe two connectors from mini play field are fed through the hole next to node boardIMG_2724_(resized).JPGIMG_2724_(resized).JPGFor ease of mini play field removal, the ramp attached to mini play field will be detached. Remove ramp screw hereIMG_2726_(resized).JPGIMG_2726_(resized).JPGRemove two ramp entrance screwsIMG_2727_(resized).JPGIMG_2727_(resized).JPGRemove the four screws holding dragon on backside of play field back wall. There are fourIMG_2722_(resized).JPGIMG_2722_(resized).JPGtop two screws loosened before removal, do not forget bottom twoIMG_2723_(resized).JPGIMG_2723_(resized).JPG Remove two ramp entrance screws to mini play field then the four corner screws I also point at in below picturesIMG_2721_(resized).JPGIMG_2721_(resized).JPGIMG_2720_(resized).JPGIMG_2720_(resized).JPGIMG_2719_(resized).JPGIMG_2719_(resized).JPGIMG_2718_(resized).JPGIMG_2718_(resized).JPGIMG_2717_(resized).JPGIMG_2717_(resized).JPG

#17 8 years ago

Thank you

#18 8 years ago

Dude! This is awesome! Thanks so much, and I hope you can solve the ball flying off the ramp/hitting the protector and coming down again problem. Really sucks.

PS - LOVE the little banners you have hanging off your castle. Where do I get Targaryen banners???

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude! This is awesome! Thanks so much, and I hope you can solve the ball flying off the ramp/hitting the protector and coming down again problem. Really sucks.
PS - LOVE the little banners you have hanging off your castle. Where do I get Targaryen banners???

Beelz can you please post a picture here showing me exactly where it is hitting? I won't have the play field back together until my replacement parts come in so keep checking back here for the fix maybe end of this week or so. I will be addressing a lot of fixes once I have put my LE back together, as of now I am doing fixes and mods

For everyone asking about my banners, you can get them at Toys R Us here, they only have Lannister and Stark as of now http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71324726&cp=&parentPage=search I might incorporate the mini guards on the wall as well like I have done with my TWD

#20 8 years ago

I am looking into that but have to remove right and left ramp and then to get a better look. Mine also does not make complete orbits and from what I can tell may not be able to because of the Castle Black gate stopper coil being active, i will investigate further and take lots of pics for the fix I create.

The gates are open on certain modes so the ball can make complete orbit shots like Martel. Thanks again for this thread. I hope you find the ball hang up. The orbit shots on the pro work great.

#21 8 years ago

Doing rubber replacement with black polyurethane super band replacements. I noticed on the few games I played that the ball would struggle slightly getting into lane and I noticed that the bumper rubber was quite large so I switched it for a smaller one. I also replaced the bumper rubber for the post by left orbit with a smaller one so now it does not encroach into the left lane and is flush. YES, this also makes the out lane wider, but thats why you have adjustable out lane posts, simply move it one notch down and you will be back to even difficulty.

More updates all day long today, stay tuned!

IMG_2731_(resized).JPGIMG_2731_(resized).JPG

IMG_2732_(resized).JPGIMG_2732_(resized).JPG

IMG_2733_(resized).JPGIMG_2733_(resized).JPG

#22 8 years ago

Beelz can you please post a picture here showing me exactly where it is hitting? I won't have the play field back together until my replacement parts come in so keep checking back here for the fix maybe end of this week or so. I will be addressing a lot of fixes once I have put my LE back together, as of now I am doing fixes and mods
For everyone asking about my banners, you can get them at Toys R Us here, they only have Lannister and Stark as of now http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71324726&cp=&parentPage=search I might incorporate the mini guards on the wall as well like I have done with my TWD

The problem is that the ball goes up the ramp so fast that you can't really see what it hits (unless I were to film it and slow it down). I think it flies off the top, hits the clear protector on the top or at the sharp left turn, and comes back down. I raised my pitch to 7 degrees from 6.5, and the ball doesn't fly off the ramp any more, but it does brick and come back down.

I'm thinking of going to 7.5 to help slow it down. The game is just so damn fast...

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The problem is that the ball goes up the ramp so fast that you can't really see what it hits (unless I were to film it and slow it down). I think it flies off the top, hits the clear protector on the top or at the sharp left turn, and comes back down. I raised my pitch to 7 degrees from 6.5, and the ball doesn't fly off the ramp any more, but it does brick and come back down.
I'm thinking of going to 7.5 to help slow it down. The game is just so damn fast...

I hear ya on fast! I am almost nervous with all the polyurethane replacements I am doing. Take a video with glass off and film the ball entering into mini play field where it gets hung up or bricks. then just take a picture of where it bounces from the video and post here, no need to upload video as it would take too long and we would probably not catch it

#24 8 years ago

Adding plastic protectors along with my rustic metal Hand Of The King Toppers I customized, they give the plastics some depth and they look GREAT on an LE, IMO.

IMG_2739_(resized).JPGIMG_2739_(resized).JPG

#25 8 years ago

WHATS UNDER THE MINI PLAY FIELD
FYI Not sure if this was forgotten some of the plastic protectors were not removed. i removed this one as it looks like it would work itself off and cause a hang up later on.

IMG_2640_(resized).JPGIMG_2642_(resized).JPGIMG_2643_(resized).JPGIMG_2644_(resized).JPGIMG_2645_(resized).JPGIMG_2646_(resized).JPGIMG_2647_(resized).JPGIMG_2648_(resized).JPGIMG_2650_(resized).JPGIMG_2656_(resized).JPG

Not sure what cld be the cause but every stream or video I watch of the le the left ramp gets alot of rejectios? I dont see anything in your pics with the upper play field off that wld cause this? Is it just hitting the upper play field sometimes u think?

#26 8 years ago

Was reading about those two screws protruding in the elevator and was having the same ball hang up issue. ALL FIXED NOW! I added two lock washers that made them nearly flush with elevator wall. This is also a must for LE owners even if your ball does not have clearance issues. I would imagine your pin balls getting chewed and nicked up by scraping against those frequently. Replacing 6 balls every 100 plays could get costly over time.
As you can see from outside the elevator and inside the elevator pics those two screws are going to eat up some pinballs if that is not addressed. Pictured from back play field panel I have installed two lock washers for the protruding fix. Make sure you grab hold of the spring and coil at same time or else the coil spring and washers will go flying into bottom of cab.

IMG_2688_(resized).JPGIMG_2691_(resized).JPGIMG_2707_(resized).JPGIMG_2708_(resized).JPG

What size lock washers are these?

#27 8 years ago

Anyone else have their kickback coil not shoot the ball cleanly out sometimes?

#28 8 years ago

Is anyone else seeing the underpowered left upper playfield flipper? Has anyone successfully addressed this?

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

Is anyone else seeing the underpowered left upper playfield flipper? Has anyone successfully addressed this?

Yes. It's a coding issue with 1.02. Hopefully fixed in the next update.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure what cld be the cause but every stream or video I watch of the le the left ramp gets alot of rejectios? I dont see anything in your pics with the upper play field off that wld cause this? Is it just hitting the upper play field sometimes u think?

I dint notice this at all on mine. Have you tried different pitches? My suggestion would be to add washers to top plastic entrance to give it a bit more clearance.

Quoted from zucot:

What size lock washers are these? Anyone else have their kickback coil not shoot the ball cleanly out sometimes?

Well crap, I couldn't tell ya the size, but if you take the screw to home depot you could just match it up, I just have a tub of them from a parts bin. Is your coil kickback having frequent issues? Check the level on play field. I know on my TWD level was good on glass but not when I tested it on play field so my left leg is like one extra turn higher than right.

Quoted from SaneWilly:

I am running 1.02 from factory and have not noticed this, then again I only had 20 games in before I began break down.

#31 8 years ago

Make sure you LE owners get a some mylar protectors on the armor. You might begin to notice the left armor side getting nicked up from your wives rings, specially if you all sold a few extra pins in your collection to get her that extra BLING.

IMG_2740_(resized).JPGIMG_2740_(resized).JPG

#32 8 years ago

I dint notice this at all on mine. Have you tried different pitches? My suggestion would be to add washers to top plastic entrance to give it a bit more clearance.

Well crap, I couldn't tell ya the size, but if you take the screw to home depot you could just match it up, I just have a tub of them from a parts bin. Is your coil kickback having frequent issues? Check the level on play field. I know on my TWD level was good on glass but not when I tested it on play field so my left leg is like one extra turn higher than right.

I am running 1.02 from factory and have not noticed this, then again I only had 20 games in before I began break down.

I dont have the game but almost every video I see its happening

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This seems like a significant issue and needs to be addressed. When you hit the right ramp with speed from the lower left flipper, the steep pitch of the ramp causes the ball many times to either smack the glass or over shoot and land near the throne etc. A well hit shot doesn't make it up the ramp to the upper playfield but goes crazy. The plastic cover on the ramp is on the top third, seems like it has to come down to cover the upper two thirds, plus I can't tell if the ball squeezes out the back above the ramp and under the cover continuing to the throne sometimes.

#34 8 years ago

PICS OF RAMP TO MINI PLAY FIELD

Does everyones GOT LE look like this? or is there additional hardware on mine?

Can some one tell me what this switch does by the two target switches? Does not seem to be labeled

IMG_2757_(resized).JPGIMG_2757_(resized).JPG

IMG_2758_(resized).JPGIMG_2758_(resized).JPG

IMG_2759_(resized).JPGIMG_2759_(resized).JPG

IMG_2756_(resized).JPGIMG_2756_(resized).JPG

#35 8 years ago

While I have the mini play field off I went ahead and put mylar in the metal drop lane, I was not keen on cleaning out those metal shavings and once I reassemble this sucker back its not coming back off for a long while.

IMG_2642_(resized).JPGIMG_2642_(resized).JPG

#36 8 years ago

Make sure you LE owners get a some mylar protectors on the armor. You might begin to notice the left armor side getting nicked up from your wives rings, specially if you all sold a few extra pins in your collection to get her that extra BLING.

IMG_2740_(resized).JPG

Where can you buy that pre-cut mylar?

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Where can you buy that pre-cut mylar?

Had to cut it myself and it was a PITA, I saved the cut outs so I might do a bulk order for people if there is interests

#38 8 years ago

Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:

4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
3 - 5/16 ID
3 - 3/16 ID
8 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
RECOMMEND
4 - Flipper bands
2 - 2 1/2 ID
1 - 1 3/4 ID
2 - 1 1/4 ID
3 - 3/4 ID
3 - 7/16 ID
6 - 3/16 ID (FOR TOP INLANE RUBBERS FOR POPS ENTRANCE)
5 - 7/16 MIDIPOST
3 - 3/8 MINIPOST (FOR LEFT ORBIT ENTRANCE AND L & R OUT LANE POSTS)Game Of Thrones LE RUBBER LIST:

#39 8 years ago

I was doing some ball tossing through the orbits and noticed more than a few hang ups on the account that the castle Black entrance lanes to the pops have larger rubbers on the posts. As seen from pictures these rubbers are definitely encroaching in the lanes and I have seen the ball hit them and bounce more than few times back in the pops. I will know for sure in a week or so once I get the smaller rubbers in and installed. Check back on this issue in a week or so.

IMG_2760_(resized).JPGIMG_2760_(resized).JPG

IMG_2764_(resized).JPGIMG_2764_(resized).JPG

#40 8 years ago

I was doing some ball tossing through the orbits and noticed more than a few hang ups on the account that the castle Black entrance lanes to the pops have larger rubbers on the posts. As seen from pictures these rubbers are definitely encroaching in the lanes and I have seen the ball hit them and bounce more than few times back in the pops. I will know for sure in a week or so once I get the smaller rubbers in and installed. Check back on this issue in a week or so.

IMG_2760_(resized).JPGIMG_2764_(resized).JPG

Cool let's hope that is the culprit.

#41 8 years ago

What did you have to remove to get to that diverter? That is where my ball is getting wedged 90% of the time.
Do you have to remove the upper playfield in order to remove the Lannister plastic ramp that leads to the sword lock?

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone else have their kickback coil not shoot the ball cleanly out sometimes?

This happens on mine when I make a weak shot in to the kicker. It triggers the switch, but does not go high enough for the kicker to actually kick the ball.

#43 8 years ago

Thanks for a great post.
My Throne was the same as yours out of the box and couldn't find the broken piece which tells me it was fitted broken at the factory by someone who doesn't give a shit. Track them and sack them!!

Dodgy Throne switch also,tried adjusting but no good and have to wait fall ball finder to kick out,much worse from ball launch into the throne and then just waiting,waiting.

At one stage all launches wether auto or plunger always went upper playfield,now it's just totally random regardless of house!
Also having launch misfires as many above are.

Made it to HOTK today only to end up with not 1 or 2 but 3 balls stuck in the elevator, score was over a billion but eventually timed out as I was about to turn it off when it ended the game for me.

LOL drop target reset time could be slightly decreased as often popping up quickly smashing the ball into the glass!

Q. Can anyone clarify where launched balls should go depending the house chosen. I often play Martel and was always upper playfield..now random.

1.02 I've had 3 game resets! Anyone else.

Finally me thinks I should have held out for Heighways 'Predator'

Thank the old gods and the new for Pinside..said the Atheist.

#44 8 years ago

Thanks for the rubber list sir!

#45 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Just modified my elevator with washers, and removed protective film. Hope Stern gets onto this.

IMG_4630_(resized).JPGIMG_4630_(resized).JPG

IMG_4633_(resized).JPGIMG_4633_(resized).JPG

IMG_4627_(resized).JPGIMG_4627_(resized).JPG

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

What did you have to remove to get to that diverter? That is where my ball is getting wedged 90% of the time.
Do you have to remove the upper playfield in order to remove the Lannister plastic ramp that leads to the sword lock?

You do not have to remove upper play field for that, but you will have to remove the mini play field entrance ramp to get to other ramp. I can honestly say removing the other stuff is going to be a lot holder, my suggestion would be to take pics for reference.

Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks for the advice. Just modified my elevator with washers, and removed protective film. Hope Stern gets onto this.

I can see that little plastic film falling off at some point and landing in peoples out lane causing some serious hang ups.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from GeminiTwist:

Thanks for a great post.
My Throne was the same as yours out of the box and couldn't find the broken piece which tells me it was fitted broken at the factory by someone who doesn't give a shit. Track them and sack them!!
Dodgy Throne switch also,tried adjusting but no good and have to wait fall ball finder to kick out,much worse from ball launch into the throne and then just waiting,waiting.
At one stage all launches wether auto or plunger always went upper playfield,now it's just totally random regardless of house!
Also having launch misfires as many above are.
Made it to HOTK today only to end up with not 1 or 2 but 3 balls stuck in the elevator, score was over a billion but eventually timed out as I was about to turn it off when it ended the game for me.
LOL drop target reset time could be slightly decreased as often popping up quickly smashing the ball into the glass!
Q. Can anyone clarify where launched balls should go depending the house chosen. I often play Martel and was always upper playfield..now random.
1.02 I've had 3 game resets! Anyone else.
Finally me thinks I should have held out for Heighways 'Predator'
Thank the old gods and the new for Pinside..said the Atheist.

Did you get your throne replaced? If so where do you start by removing it? I haven't taken mine off yet as I am waiting for the replacement. It is really pathetic that the last two pins from Stern have made it through QC. I have nearly removed 80% of the play field to correct issue that QC should have found on both my KISS LE and GOT LE. Let me be clear, I am not bashing STERN as a whole, but I am sure as hell bashing the QC idiot letting these things go out the door. IT IS A FRIGGIN LE! If anything there would be 2 QC staff at the same time on these, there are only 700, heck if QC spent the same amount of time Gary spent singing our LE CERTS, they might find half the problems. Sorry everyone, just venting. I have spent more time fixing a BRAND NEW PIN 10 times longer than I have playing it. I can honestly say that the LE/PREM is not for anyone who is just a fan, meaning you will at least need minimal pinball experience in making repairs and adjustments on pinball machines. God help you if you are not aware of PINSIDE. (atheist humor)

#48 8 years ago

Are the rejected ramp shots making it all the way to the gate? Reason I ask is I had a XMLE where the Storm ramp's gate would sometimes catch the ball and fling it back. It was square-U shaped, and it probably should have been W-shaped.

#49 8 years ago

Thanks for the ring kit list. I've been wanting to see one to order a set in blue for my soon to come premium. Is that every thing I need for the game?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Thanks for the ring kit list. I've been wanting to see one to order a set in blue for my soon to come premium. Is that every thing I need for the game?

Yes, but I would suggest you go with my recommended list for a more smooth flowing game. You will have to do some major break down of the play field to get to the pops rubbers and entrance lanes from castle black. Plan on spending a day or two breaking it down and getting it back together

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 445 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-le-311-house-lannister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.