(Topic ID: 138759)

Game Of Thrones Layout & Gameplay (talk of art will be banned)

By cooked71

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gotmoondoor.png
image.jpg
the_accolade-large.jpg
d-ndi8y5.png
got_le_thing.png
GOT_PF.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider molspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The first thing I do when I see a new playfield is look for physical paths for the ball. I always think of 7 as the average number. What came to mind initially for me was the limited paths on the lower playfield (5) That doesn't really mean anything...ACDC has 5 paths on the main playfield and I love it. CFTBL has limited paths, but I love it.
I tend to like more shots in general. Games like TWD, XMEN, and MET really looked great to me at first blush because of all the shots. That doesn't guarantee a game will be fun and a game can really open up when the code is great. I like games that make standups, drops, pops, etc... relevant and important to the game.
I tend to not think about standups and drops unless code makes them important. I don't think about captive ball shots as much. I do love the bell on ACDC and hope the battering ram is like that. It's going to be a very important shot with adding in the bonus multiplier and super jackpot. I certainly think those shots can become very satisfying when timed with the right sounds effect, lights, and shaker motor.
Upper playfields make me nervous and I think this game is going to ride on the upper playfield being fun. It certainly looks like it has potential to be great. I'm hoping in the upper right (where the silhouetted figure is) is another shot (maybe the moon door with a gate that could open and close, the matrix says there are 2 motorized gates) The upper playfield adds a lot of paths...the left orbit, the 2 rollover lanes and possibly the far right shot. Obviously the standups add a lot of shots as well and I'm sure will figure heavily in the code.
I'm really excited to see gameplay footage and play it for myself. I love this theme and want to like this game. I'll pick up a premium if I like the upper playfield.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is spot on how I feel.

+1
Great post! I too have high hopes for the gameplay on this one. It definitely looks fun to shoot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider molspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-layout-gameplay-talk-of-art-will-be-banned?tu=molspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.