(Topic ID: 138759)

Game Of Thrones Layout & Gameplay (talk of art will be banned)

By cooked71

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gotmoondoor.png
image.jpg
the_accolade-large.jpg
d-ndi8y5.png
got_le_thing.png
GOT_PF.jpg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It sounded like earning coins was a big part of the game. And buying upgrades within the game. So that's an aspect that is new.

I agree. I have been wanting more of this style of play. Now the real question is will they have software which allows players to sign in and save a profile? To me this is the next big and logical step that location pinball needs to take. I WANT a game with code as deep as counsel gaming when I can progress to see different parts of a game and build up my characters.

It seems simple enough to do. Basically have the ability to earn gold and then use that gold to buy different strengths (things like more power = less hits to defeat a boss, infinite save = ability to reapwn/ ball save for x amount of time, more soliders to battle with = turn the game into a multiball at any point) which the player can use at different times.

Basically turn pinball into more of a quest and have players coming back for more in order to get deeper into the game. It woudl take really deep code to do this but I see no reason it cant be done. It does seem this tech is already out there for all other similar gaming. For example I know the current iteration of BBH HD Arcade has something like this.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree. I have been wanting more of this style of play. Now the real question is will they have software which allows players to sign in and save a profile? To me this is the next big and logical step that location pinball needs to take. I WANT a game with code as deep as counsel gaming when I can progress to see different parts of a game and build up my characters.
It seems simple enough to do. Basically have the ability to earn gold and then use that gold to buy different strengths (things like more power = less hits to defeat a boss, infinite save = ability to reapwn/ ball save for x amount of time, more soliders to battle with = turn the game into a multiball at any point) which the player can use at different times.
Basically turn pinball into more of a quest and have players coming back for more in order to get deeper into the game. It woudl take really deep code to do this but I see no reason it cant be done. It does seem this tech is already out there for all other similar gaming. For example I know the current iteration of BBH HD Arcade has something like this.

This might have been the most brilliant idea that I have read of yours. now that would be a great pinball!

#103 8 years ago

The first thing I do when I see a new playfield is look for physical paths for the ball. I always think of 7 as the average number. What came to mind initially for me was the limited paths on the lower playfield (5) That doesn't really mean anything...ACDC has 5 paths on the main playfield and I love it. CFTBL has limited paths, but I love it.

I tend to like more shots in general. Games like TWD, XMEN, and MET really looked great to me at first blush because of all the shots. That doesn't guarantee a game will be fun and a game can really open up when the code is great. I like games that make standups, drops, pops, etc... relevant and important to the game.

I tend to not think about standups and drops unless code makes them important. I don't think about captive ball shots as much. I do love the bell on ACDC and hope the battering ram is like that. It's going to be a very important shot with adding in the bonus multiplier and super jackpot. I certainly think those shots can become very satisfying when timed with the right sound effects, lights, and shaker motor.

Upper playfields make me nervous and I think this game is going to ride on the upper playfield being fun. It certainly looks like it has potential to be great. I'm hoping in the upper right (where the silhouetted figure is) is another shot (maybe the moon door with a gate that could open and close, the matrix says there are 2 motorized gates) The upper playfield adds a lot of paths...the left orbit, the 2 rollover lanes and possibly the far right shot. Obviously the standups add a lot of shots as well and I'm sure will figure heavily in the code.

I'm really excited to see gameplay footage and play it for myself. I love this theme and want to like this game. I'll pick up a premium if I like the upper playfield.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'm hoping they go off script and come up with some new callouts instead of "JACKPOT" and "SUUUPER JACKPOT!" Those words were never uttered by a Lannister (or a Klingon for that matter).

Hearing SUUUUPPPEER JACKPPOOOT !! Never gets old. Makes me feel like a champ every time I hear it

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

The first thing I do when I see a new playfield is look for physical paths for the ball. I always think of 7 as the average number. What came to mind initially for me was the limited paths on the lower playfield (5) That doesn't really mean anything...ACDC has 5 paths on the main playfield and I love it. CFTBL has limited paths, but I love it.
I tend to like more shots in general. Games like TWD, XMEN, and MET really looked great to me at first blush because of the all the shots. That doesn't guarantee a game will be fun and a game can really open up when the code is great. I like games that make standups, drops, pops, etc... relevant and important to the game.
I tend to not think about standups and drops unless code makes them important. I don't think about captive ball shots as much. I do love the bell on ACDC and hope the battering ram is like that. It's going to be a very important shot with adding in the bonus multiplier and super jackpot. I certainly think those shots can become very satisfying when timed with the right sounds effect, lights, and shaker motor.
Upper playfield make me nervous and I think this game is going to ride on the upper playfield being fun. It certainly looks like it has potential to be great. I'm hoping in the upper right (where the silhouetted figure is) is another shot (maybe the moon door with a gate that could open and close, the matrix says there are 2 motorized gates) The upper playfield adds a lot of paths the left orbit, the 2 rollover lanes and possibly the far right shot. Obviously the standups add a lot of shots as well and I'm sure will figure heavily in the code.
I'm really excited to see gameplay footage and play it for myself. I love this theme and want to like this game. I'll pick up a premium if I like the upper playfield.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is spot on how I feel.

#106 8 years ago

Any thoughts on when Stern will release some sort of video of the game being played? Probably like others, I'm waiting for this to make a decision

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I tend to like more shots in general. Games like TWD, XMEN, and MET really looked great to me at first blush because of all the shots. That doesn't guarantee a game will be fun and a game can really open up when the code is great. I like games that make standups, drops, pops, etc... relevant and important to the game.
I tend to not think about standups and drops unless code makes them important. I don't think about captive ball shots as much. I do love the bell on ACDC and hope the battering ram is like that. It's going to be a very important shot with adding in the bonus multiplier and super jackpot. I certainly think those shots can become very satisfying when timed with the right sounds effect, lights, and shaker motor.
Upper playfields make me nervous and I think this game is going to ride on the upper playfield being fun. It certainly looks like it has potential to be great. I'm hoping in the upper right (where the silhouetted figure is) is another shot (maybe the moon door with a gate that could open and close, the matrix says there are 2 motorized gates) The upper playfield adds a lot of paths...the left orbit, the 2 rollover lanes and possibly the far right shot. Obviously the standups add a lot of shots as well and I'm sure will figure heavily in the code.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is spot on how I feel.

+1
Great post! I too have high hopes for the gameplay on this one. It definitely looks fun to shoot.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In the show the Moon Door is an opening in the floor of the Eyrie, which is a castle high up on a mountain, that basically drops down into nothingness for all intents and purposes

The Moon Door ist most likely the center drain from the upper pf.
Just look at the pictures - a round hole in the castle "floor" where the ball drops down.
gotmoondoor.pnggotmoondoor.png

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This might have been the most brilliant idea that I have read of yours. now that would be a great pinball!

thanks. I wish coding was a skill I had. I would put it to good use to make a game liek I described. I could really see that being the next thing to actually save pinball on location. Something that really turns pinball into a choose your own adventure and more player control of HOW they play the game.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Just look at the pictures - a round hole in the castle "floor" where the ball drops down.
gotmoondoor.png

if thats the moon door that is the weakest thing ever hah

they should have had it on the upper playfield were it drops under the castle or something more dramatic

#111 8 years ago

If you look at the cgi models from the upperplayfield you see the right flippershaft goes thru the heart of the lane under?.
There is no space for a flipper unit under the upperplayfield.
I no because in my mc design i had to lower the playfield!!!!!!.
Also if you look at different upperplafield cgi's the right side of the upperplayfield is also different on these cgi's.
I think only the pro exists for now and the the le and sp not.
Its a idee the have and is not ready for now.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Man, if that's really it that's seriously bad. That's when you just don't mention something. I really hope that's not the case.

#113 8 years ago

Sadly...looks like it is.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Check out 'Epic Quest' on Pinball FX2 (Zen Pinball 2). It has an RPG character leveling mechanic that saves levels between games and allows you to level your character ('Max') up to Level 100. It's a brilliant game design and is funny as hell to play. Some of Max's lines throughout the game are really hilarious.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Hearing SUUUUPPPEER JACKPPOOOT !! Never gets old. Makes me feel like a champ every time I hear it

I guess I was thinking outside the pinball box and hoping to plant a seed with some up and coming designer out there. Seems like every DMD since WPC is a variation on the same basic set of rules. Build bonus, stack some modes, start multiball until someone yells jackpot. Kind of like when the big three TV networks were pumping out the same formula shows until HBO came along with Sopranos and changed everything. Some people don't like change and that's fine, there's still a lot of hack produced TV they can watch. And of course it's all fun because of the ball physics and unlimited variations, but it's all still a variation on a theme that somebody thought of 30 years ago. Eventually someone will come up a with new creative way of doing things. I think Whysnow is on the right track by giving players some new incentives to keep coming back.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, if that's really it that's seriously bad. That's when you just don't mention something. I really hope that's not the case.

Stern loves to make basic things on their playfields sound amazing. Hey they have to with the rate they are stripping down playfields.

Is that a stand-up target? No! It's a super action smooth frictionless stand-up target with animated ball bounce back. Is that a drop target? No, it's a super action dashing target with hand drawn art. Is that a spinner? No, are you crazy?! That's a high speed high rpm zero friction spinner.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern loves to make basic things on their playfields sound amazing. Hey they have to with the rate they are stripping down playfields.

Like:

"Experience the greatest epic Game of Thrones battles in a World Under Glass"
Exciting Sword Fight Display Mode
"The Wall" Elevator Vuk delivers the ball to Upper Playfield, or the "Iron Throne"
Sword of Multiball Swinging Sword Device
Spinning Target with Sync-Flash (tm) Super Bright Flasher
2 New Drive Concept "No Buzz" Quiet Flippers

#118 8 years ago

It would be really cool if a well-executed multiball awarded you with gold in addition to jackpots. And then you can spend the gold to take out enemies, making the next multiball easier. I can see it now:

You have 100 gold coins. You can:
* Hire an assassin to kill Theon Grayjoy (protect castle)
* Hire a sellsword to protect you (30 second ball save)
* Hire a whore (mystery points)

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Spinning Target with Sync-Flash (tm) Super Bright Flasher

"We fire an LED when you hit the spinner"

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Usually the whores give an STD, not mystery points; they sound way better.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Usually the whores give an STD, not mystery points; they sound way better.

Lord Baelish told me they were all clean!

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It would be really cool if a well-executed multiball awarded you with gold in addition to jackpots. And then you can spend the gold to take out enemies, making the next multiball easier. I can see it now:
You have 100 gold coins. You can:
* Hire an assassin to kill Theon Grayjoy (protect castle)
* Hire a sellsword to protect you (30 second ball save)

That would be cool indeed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-layout-gameplay-talk-of-art-will-be-banned/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.