photo2.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
Tywin-with-Arya-and-Gregor-Clegane-house-lannister-31098131-768-432.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
MV5BMTQwMjEwNDQ1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzAxODg4OQ._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
utf.jpg
wSagdQJA.jpeg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I agree with this 100%. That style playfield artwork is almost entirely the reason I can't bring myself to buy the likes of AFM, T2, T3, ACDC, ST, no matter the quality of gameplay/software.

That's ashame because you're missing out on (outside of T3) some of the best pinball machines ever made.

#152 8 years ago

I think it looks cool and its going to be a blast to play (Premium/LE)

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Stern really needs to consider this - it is that far off the mark. Looks more like a concept draft than a completed final.

When I first saw the photos I thought that they were filled with placeholder art that there were planning to flesh out later, and that they were posting the photos so that we could see the shot layout and game mechanics. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

#154 8 years ago

I think this game has hope (premium version).... Just based on reading through the features matrix. Sounds like it offers some cool tasks... And you know SR is all about bling and sound zing.

There's a high likelihood the game will surprise everyone just like ST has.

#155 8 years ago

Cab art isn't all that important to some (can't be seen in a line up, while playing, etc). But here are the Hobbit and GoT cabs (right side only)

JJP_TH_-_Stern_GoT.jpgJJP_TH_-_Stern_GoT.jpg

#156 8 years ago

The cycle of a new title coming out seems to be the same...rinse and repeat. People slam the looks of the game and the lack luster of the appearance and layout. Then months go by and it usually ends up being a good title to many. Time will tell. I think it looks awesome and it looks like a lot of fun to play. I also appreciate the vast differences in between the models to justify the price differential. The Pro may have tons of good flow and play well and the LE/Premium may take it to another level with the upper playfield. I will hold off on forming opinions until I have the opportunity to see it in person and put some time on it. I also tend to like the new latch down bar v.s. the old style because it tends to hold down the bar more securely with little to zero movement. Over time the old latch bar system begins to have more play and becomes loose. I think with the time frame Stern designers are given to produce a game it looks like Steve did a good job on this one.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think this game has hope (premium version).... Just based on reading through the features matrix. Sounds like it offers some cool tasks... And you know SR is all about bling and sound zing.
There's a high likelihood the game will surprise everyone just like ST has.

It may be a fun player but it's still going to be ugly. This theme really should be a beautiful game.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

vintage4life was referring to Game Exchange JJ, not JJP JJ.
Specifically: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-game-of-thrones-le-now-taking-deposits

Thank you for clearing that up

#159 8 years ago

The Premium one looks like the one to go for. I like the upper playfield idea (although i was pretty underwhelmed by the AC/DC lower playfield). The play field art is pretty sparse, but the backglasses are cool in my eyes.
I think i will be getting a Pro unless i can find the extra for a premium (but i probably can't)
Roll on Stern, I'm loving what you are doing.

#160 8 years ago

I'm actually fine with the playfield art. I prefer that style vs clip art photos of the characters. The cabinet and backglass art kills it for me though. Oh and the fact the Pro looks comparable to a Zizzle feature wise. I'm priced out of the Premium/LE

Stark.jpgStark.jpg

#161 8 years ago

LE proves that stern is listening. Custom side rails, lighting better than ACDC, STLE, wire not plastic, and not the same
game play, nothing like they have produced before. Happy I bought the LE! Thanks to Cointaker .

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The cycle of a new title coming out seems to be the same...rinse and repeat. People slam the looks of the game and the lack luster of the appearance and layout. Then months go by and it usually ends up being a good title to many.

Agreed, but it's just tiring taking the sour with the sweet when it comes to Stern. This thing is over seven grand, so it's hard to accept shoddy work, whether it's art, dots, tech, whatever.

Just wish every game knocked it out of the park like Metallica, especially games with themes I'm really into.

#163 8 years ago

For someone that never seen the show, this is probably a descent looking game. For those of us following the show for years and have been anticipating something more along the line of LOTR artwork and better this was a big letdown. I have no problem with the cab artwork on the LE. BG artwork is a little cheesy and playfeild looks like MMRII.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

For someone that never seen the show, this is probably a descent looking game. For those of us following the show for years and have been anticipating something more along the line of LOTR artwork and better this was a big letdown. I have no problem with the cab artwork on the LE. BG artwork is a little cheesy and playfeild looks like MMRII.

I don't know anything about the show, and I think that playfield looks horrible. Just sayin'.

#165 8 years ago

Premium supose to be "The North" Themed. so looking forward to that reveal. I too am not impressed with the 2 art packages revealed. I must say the LE looks like an interesting game. Here's hoping the premium art is rockin and I may have a game to buy.

#166 8 years ago

Here's some close-up images of the instruction card & lockbar button instructions:

got-instruction-card.jpggot-instruction-card.jpg

got-lockbar-button.jpggot-lockbar-button.jpg

#167 8 years ago

Yes, the gameplay of the Premium/LE does have potential and if the software is up to the task, this pin can be a great player.

But for the Pro, I don't have any hopes left.
Flow may be great and good, but the Pro has not one? area where the ball can slow down for a moment.
Seems very pale to me, as even ST that is considered a flow monster, has at least three areas (left/right mission shot and the Vengeance) where a ball can stop and it does not make the game feel slow at all.
Don't know about a pin that has none of that.
I somehow like the feeling of locking a ball - as it rewards for completing a shot and granting me a bit of relief before the next fight over a possible drain can occure.

#168 8 years ago

And here's some larger images of the LE's "hand-drawn" art:

got-le-backbox.jpggot-le-backbox.jpg
got-le-zoom1.jpggot-le-zoom1.jpg
got-le-zoom2.jpggot-le-zoom2.jpg
got-le-zoom3.jpggot-le-zoom3.jpg

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Cab art isn't all that important to some (can't be seen in a line up, while playing, etc). But here are the Hobbit and GoT cabs (right side only)
JJP_TH_-_Stern_GoT.jpg

i think the got LE cab look pretty damn good, translite so so

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Oh and the fact the Pro looks comparable to a Zizzle feature wise. Stark.jpg

I agree. I still can't believe that's the Pro. It looks like a complete joke to me.

Stern needs to add the upper playfield and the damn throne (this is Game of THRONES right?) to the Pro version, and stop taking away features on Pro models all together and just make the art packages on the Premium/LE models different/better/hand drawn/whatever. Add some signatures and a plaque, just leave the gameplay and features the same on all models!

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Stern needs to add the upper playfield and the damn throne (this is Game of THRONES right?) to the Pro version, and stop taking away features on Pro models all together and just make the art packages on the Premium/LE models different/better/hand drawn/whatever.

Because people aren't going to pay an extra 2k for different art.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I agree. I still can't believe that's the Pro. It looks like a complete joke to me.
Stern needs to add the upper playfield and the damn throne (this is Game of THRONES right?) to the Pro version, and stop taking away features on Pro models all together and just make the art packages on the Premium/LE models different/better/hand drawn/whatever. Add some signatures and a plaque, just leave the gameplay and features the same on all models!

saying the game look like sizzle is exaggerated but i do agree that game play should not be that different.

#173 8 years ago
#174 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So you're asking them to turn the Pro into a Premium but charge for a Pro? OK...If only the art packages were different between each version, why would they be priced differently? Your version of Stern would just be Premium and LE...and the prices would probably be higher since they'd sell less units overall not having a "cheap" version for operators!

If you want the full version, get the Premium...end of story.

#175 8 years ago

I guess I'll be the first to say they really knocked it out of the park with this one. With future code updates it can only get better. Nothing like a shiny new toy...

#176 8 years ago

So I showed my wife the pics of different models and she said she did not like the looks of the LE as much as the Pro. Different strokes for different folks. She also said "Why did they use Khal Drogo in the Backglass Art, he only was in a couple episodes and seemed to have died off rather quickly." I chuckled because I remember seeing a funny post about "Mighty warrior dies from infected booboo." Then again killing off characters is the 'norm' for GOT.

Khal.jpgKhal.jpg

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you're asking them to turn the Pro into a Premium but charge for a Pro? OK...If only the art packages were different between each version, why would they be priced differently? Your version of Stern would just be Premium and LE...and the prices would probably be higher since they'd sell less units overall not having a "cheap" version for operators!
If you want the full version, get the Premium...end of story.

I agree you couldn't (or shouldn't) charge an extra 2k for ONLY different art. But I think there is a way to do it and keep the gameplay and features the same across all models. Maybe a hand drawn art package, include a plaque, different armor, maybe further limit the number of LE's, maybe something else. I don't know, my point is there are ways to do it. Look at Spooky and the RZ pin. They have the right idea in my opinion.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you're asking them to turn the Pro into a Premium but charge for a Pro?

The premium looks like a totally reasonable $6000 pinball machine, makes sense to me. Drop the pro to $4500 like it should be. Baby you've got a stew going, what other changes can we make?

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I showed my wife the pics of different models and she said she did not like the looks of the LE as much as the Pro. Different strokes for different folks. She also said "Why did they use Khal Drogo in the Backglass Art, he only was in a couple episodes and seemed to have died off rather quickly." I chuckled because I remember seeing a funny post about "Mighty warrior dies from infected booboo." Then again killing off characters is the 'norm' for GOT.

Exactly, man nipples and mascara. Not the best, but the worst has to be the girl on the right. Are we expected to get excited about handmaidens? Oh this is the back glass art, the most important *art* aspect of the game and we get 3 characters that are all tangential to the main story.

I've read the books and, while I know Danni is a main character, she's about the 10th lead role in my eyes the other two are like 100th lead role and a minor supporting character.

449315-i.jpg449315-i.jpg

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

"Why did they use Khal Drogo in the Backglass Art, he only was in a couple episodes and seemed to have died off rather quickly."

I was thinking the same thing. He was dead and gone before the dragons were hatched.

#181 8 years ago

I just watched the first two episodes of GOT tonight to see what all the fuss is about. Man Stern's artwork is dire...

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I agree you couldn't (or shouldn't) charge an extra 2k for ONLY different art. But I think there is a way to do it and keep the gameplay and features the same across all models. Maybe a hand drawn art package, include a plaque, different armor, maybe further limit the number of LE's, maybe something else. I don't know, my point is there are ways to do it. Look at Spooky and the RZ pin. They have the right idea in my opinion.

Spooky's making 300 units and it will probably take them a year or more to build them. Stern does 300 units in a week or two. What Spooky is doing is irrelevant to how a fully staffed design & manufacturing company operates.

Enough complaining about Stern's business strategy. CLEARLY it's working or they wouldn't do it. They need a lower price model for operators and "casual" home buyers: Pro. The full featured version IS THERE for you: Premium. Want a limited bling-collector version: LE.

I'd understand your complaint if there wasn't a full featured version...but there are TWO of them! Pick one! Let the people who want a cheaper one get the Pro...pretend it doesn't exist if it bothers you so much.

#183 8 years ago

wow that's a let down. I REALLY like the lay out on the LE and the playfield art works for me but that cabinet and back glass looks like a joke. Why are those the characters on there?

I've not been the biggest fan of some of sterns art work but with the walking dead, kiss, acdc (minus the pro face), metallica they've really stepped it up but this just looks bad.

Why is the pro so cut down? I heard they are raising the prices again here in Aus on this one but with a pro model like that the only way it'd make sense to me is if they were lowering the pro price point to try and get the market the pin was meant to hit.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are we expected to get excited about handmaidens?

Depends on how she uses those hands.

#185 8 years ago

I'm already holding out for the GoTVE.

#186 8 years ago

Very underwhelming indeed.
A easy pass and dollars saved for me.

#187 8 years ago

I am curious to see what the art on the Premium looks like...If it has White Walkers that would be tempting.

White_Walker.jpgWhite_Walker.jpg

#188 8 years ago

Pro looks like a Zizzle LE!

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Are we expected to get excited about handmaidens?

BINGO!!!!!!
She's actually pretty sexy, even with the Foxy Brown hair, but featured on the LE translite...NNOOOOOOO!!

Somebody else mentioned this earlier.
There are going to be about 30 custom alternative translites, if by some miracle both games are good.
If they are bad, nobody will bother making them.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

BINGO!!!!!!
She's actually pretty sexy, even with the Foxy Brown hair, but featured on the LE translite...NNOOOOOOO!!
Somebody else mentioned this earlier.
There are going to be about 30 custom alternative translites, if by some miracle both games are good.

Maybe stern will produce alt translite and decal kits.....

Maybe stern will produce the upper playfield as an aftermarket mod for the pro....

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Spooky's making 300 units and it will probably take them a year or more to build them. Stern does 300 units in a week or two. What Spooky is doing is irrelevant to how a fully staffed design & manufacturing company operates.

Enough complaining about Stern's business strategy. CLEARLY it's working or they wouldn't do it. They need a lower price model for operators and "casual" home buyers: Pro. The full featured version IS THERE for you: Premium. Want a limited bling-collector version: LE.

I'd understand your complaint if there wasn't a full featured version...but there are TWO of them! Pick one! Let the people who want a cheaper one get the Pro...pretend it doesn't exist if it bothers you so much.

Spooky's game cost $6k. GOT Premium is reportedly $6500 delivered. For $500 extra you are getting a lot of "stuff", designed by a legend in the business, and you get to receive it in a couple of months.

Spooky does not make a "Pro" game at a "Pro" price. So, yeah, these comparisons are getting annoying.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Yes, but probably the only one with a real backglass (or translite adhered to glass type thing) with hand drawn art. Any mention of mirroring?

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Maybe Spooky wasn't the best example but what about JJP? Aren't the LE and SE models (WOZ and TH) the same gameplay wise? I thought the differences were mostly cosmetic?

#194 8 years ago

It looks cheap and uninspired. I hope the game play is good. I certainly won't be selling any of my games for this.

#195 8 years ago

You remember those guys from Pinball 3000...The Cardboard, build your own pin, laser cut for kids.....
Ill bet they could make a Nice Cardboard castle for the left corner of the Pro, so the door would look like it goes somewhere....

My sense of OCD here, I cant get over a castle door, ans a battering ram in the middle of the game on a pro, with no castle!

Maybe had the dragon be featured in the back left.....

Makes me think of BBH in that way...one gets use to it...kinda

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

It looks cheap and uninspired. I hope the game play is good. I certainly won't be selling any of my games for this.

+1
Super farking ugly.

It makes Hobbit look like a million bucks!

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Pro looks like a Zizzle LE!

I don't quite get this.

The pro has three drop targets, a spinner, two ramps, animated (bouncing?) dragon, fire button, 7 rgb insert lights, physical ball lock, a kicker that shoots the ball back at the player, a sliding battering ram bash toy and numerous stand up targets.

Seems very full featured for a Pro, perhaps even more than typical?

I think it's more accurate to say the LE/Premium is unusually loaded which makes the pro look bare in comparison.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess I'll be the first to say they really knocked it out of the park with this one. With future code updates it can only get better. Nothing like a shiny new toy...

Was ready for a thumbs down, but I know what you did there!

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Maybe Spooky wasn't the best example but what about JJP? Aren't the LE and SE models (WOZ and TH) the same gameplay wise? I thought the differences were mostly cosmetic?

Again - look at costs. WOZ and Hobbit "standard" are $8500. A Stern Pro is ~$5k from distributors. A Stern Premium - with all the features, is ~$6500 from distributors. So again - why does it bother you that there is a $5k edition as long as there are 2 full featured versions? Not all operators or homeowners want to spend as much as a JJP or Stern Premium/LE. Pros sell. People want them. Since you don't like the concept, just pretend the Pro doesn't exist - and then you can compare Stern's Premium and LE to JJP's Standard and LE.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Maybe stern will produce alt translite and decal kits.....
Maybe stern will produce the upper playfield as an aftermarket mod for the pro....

We can't even get them to sell extra Sparky's or Monster translights for MET, no way you are going to get side art..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-images-are-up/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.