photo2.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
Tywin-with-Arya-and-Gregor-Clegane-house-lannister-31098131-768-432.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
MV5BMTQwMjEwNDQ1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzAxODg4OQ._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
utf.jpg
wSagdQJA.jpeg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

PF layout looks awesome. Art package is really disappointing.

You don't play the artwork.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You don't play the artwork.

When was the last time you played AC/DC Pro? You sure play that artwork.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

When was the last time you played AC/DC Pro? You sure play that artwork.

I don't play ACDC pro, I play the premium and I have play the shit out of it.

This reminds me of Star Trek. Everyone hated the artwork.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've always found that style goofy looking and unpolished/unfinished. Basically, the fisher-price of pinball playfield artwork.

I agree with this 100%. That style playfield artwork is almost entirely the reason I can't bring myself to buy the likes of AFM, T2, T3, ACDC, ST, no matter the quality of gameplay/software.

#55 8 years ago

The LE looks great.

#56 8 years ago

Wow , pro pretty basic, expecting more, you never know till you play it thou, le looks awesome

#57 8 years ago

Art looks HORRIBLE.

#58 8 years ago

I rarely like the artwork of pins, so don't even pay attention anymore, but this game looks fun as hell and I think the diff between Pro and LE is good. The pro will be faster and way easier to work on for a tech and the LE way more too do but harder to maintain, which isn't a problem in my home. Can't wait to play both!

#59 8 years ago

uhhh.jpguhhh.jpg

#60 8 years ago

They look like 2 very different games.
May be the first time true fans by both the LE and the PRO (possibly Stern's hidden goal).

Gonna play this one first before I voice any opinion, but the art could have been better it seems.

#61 8 years ago

At first glance it reminded me of the medieval game that poster on Pinside is making. Similar art layout, upper left playfield.

LTG : )™

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

They look like 2 very different games.
May be the first time true fans by both the LE and the PRO (possibly Stern's hidden goal).
Gonna play this one first before I voice any opinion, but the art could have been better it seems.

Agree. I was very pumped about this theme but looking meh right now. The translight with all the great characters in this show is a let down. I hope they make alternatives like Tron. This one definitely looking like a have to play first.

Bummed no color dmd or lcd.

#63 8 years ago

These things are basically furniture for people like us and the art is the only thing that is always on.

My initial reaction beyond the less than ideal and thematically dissonant art was just how cheap it looks. That castle looks like a generic version of one those 3D foam castle puzzles.

I hope it's fun, because it's not eye candy.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Agree. I was very pumped about this theme but looking meh right now. The translight with all the great characters in this show is a let down. I hope they make alternatives like Tron. This one definitely looking like a have to play first.
Bummed no color dmd or lcd.

Agreed!

No...I take my last comment back.
I am severely disappointed in how ho hum this looks.

There are 6 shots on the PRO - frigging 6?????????
I've always trusted SR pins, but jeez this looks very questionable, and very been there done that.

#65 8 years ago

After staring at the pics longer and taking it in, I think another poster hit it right on the head with BK2K layout. Pro will have lots of flow but drastic difference missing upper play field for LE version. Pro seems very minimal.

LE looks like shot wise it could be a gamer. That left orbit shot at the castle looks to have a door on it (like MM castle). May need to be opened to make the orbit shot. That gets a little interesting. Two ramps hard to see in LE as one entrance is blocked by castle. I think this one will be how good the code and light show are.

This would have been awesome if first LCD game from Stern. Opportunity lost in regards to hitting back at JJP Hobbit delays.

#66 8 years ago

I like it
not sure how I would pay for it though

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Agreed!
No...I take my last comment back.
I am severely disappointed in how ho hum this looks.
I've always trusted SR pins, but jeez this looks very questionable, and very been there done that.

$1000 per shot on the playfield!

#68 8 years ago

Getting tired on weighing out
Varied artwork, armor, and play field design with the Stern models. I will have to wait to play this one for sure.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

After staring at the pics longer and taking it in, I think another poster hit it right on the head with BK2K layout. Pro will have lots of flow but drastic difference missing upper play field for LE version. Pro seems very minimal.
LE looks like shot wise it could be a gamer. That left orbit shot at the castle looks to have a door on it (like MM castle). May need to be opened to make the orbit shot. That gets a little interesting. Two ramps hard to see in LE as one entrance is blocked by castle. I think this one will be how good the code and light show are.
This would have been awesome if first LCD game from Stern. Opportunity lost in regards to hitting back at JJP Hobbit delays.

HS2 has 5 shots and that turned out pretty well.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

$1000 per shot on the playfield!

JJ is smiling wide today, if Hobbit ever actually gets released, that is.

#71 8 years ago

Looks like someone shit the bed. The Le mini play field looks like it is a flow killer. Pics are underwhelming to say the least.

#72 8 years ago

Wow after seeing all the images and reading thru all these comments, I wonder if any taken preorder deposits are now starting to be refunded.

I do agree that Stern could have and should have done so much more with the artwork, and I quite surprised with Winter coming that John Snow didn't even make the artwork.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

That's just wrong...

1) 3 Drops - 1 or 3 shots? - you do need to aim at them individually
2) spinner
3) Dragon
4) Left Ramp
5) Battering ram
6) right ramp
7) right loop
\8) 2 lock lights - again 1 or 2 shots
9) 5 yellow standups - again 5 shots

All these extra targets are "shots" that must be hit depending on the rules

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Any one come up with an alternative backglass yet? That is what is killing me right now.
Seriously, When I saw the backglass for the LE, I almost thought that stern had announced they were going to manufacture The Big Lebowski, then squinted more and saw it actually was game of thrones.

Agreed.

10696460_10152354043699087_6204113414769604066_n.jpg10696460_10152354043699087_6204113414769604066_n.jpg

#75 8 years ago

limited.jpglimited.jpg

#76 8 years ago

That's a gorgeous shot of Emilia Clarke!
Kudos

#77 8 years ago

odor-by-hodor.jpgodor-by-hodor.jpg

#78 8 years ago

I just hope Pat Lawlor's next table isn't as big of an initial disappointment. Even diehard fans of the show are having a difficult time finding something to like.

Come on, Pat. Don't let me down!!!

#79 8 years ago

Here's the official theme song of GoT ....though it works for any new Stern release announcement

#80 8 years ago

I knew it.

They ripped the pro that far apart, there is just nothing left to shoot for but ramps and some stand ups. And those plastic ramps just scream "cost cutting over here!".

Let me geuss.... 6k euro in Holland.

LE looks like they made the same mistake as with woz. The only way to get the ball back on the left flipper (with a rampshot) is by going trough the miniplayfield.

This causes you will play the minifield alot, and that will get old real fast.

Art looks absolutely horrific, it is not even art. Just a collection of heads and crests. And did you see the cabinet art?

Can it get more boring???

No lcd screen with a DREAM theme to use it....

Not sure who told us Stern is gonne shake the pinballworld.... Hilarious!

#81 8 years ago

Ordered LE and now not sure. Sold my BK2000 a long time ago and didn't plan on buying it back.

Buying a pro in this game does not make sense. You have to at least buy a Premium and think that is what Stern is counting on.

GoT.pngGoT.png

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

That's a gorgeous shot of Emilia Clarke!
Kudos

Yes, I think this is much better image/ art work for GOT. Maybe Stern will change it before release?

#83 8 years ago

GOTPP.jpgGOTPP.jpg

#84 8 years ago

Might just be a diamond in the ruff when it comes to game play

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Ordered LE and now not sure. Sold my BK2000 a long time ago and didn't plan on buying it back.
Buying a pro in this game does not make sense. You have to at least buy a Premium and think that is what Stern is counting on.

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideGoT.png

"supper jackpots"
Nice proofreading, Stern. Unless that's a Reek mode.

#86 8 years ago

I like the upper PF on the LE....that's about it.

Horrible artwork on both versions though.

#87 8 years ago

All versions have the Pro Snap latch lockdown bar! wTF!

#88 8 years ago

Hope to play one at the York show. Doesn't matter to me if I think the cabinet photoshopped "art" looks awful or if I think the playfield map artwork is too bright and generic....I'll never be spending the $$ for a NIB or for a used one. But looking forward to play a new game.

#89 8 years ago

No one liked the ST artwork either, I did and I like this art as well, keep it simple. Gameplay, SFX, music etc. thats what makes a pin great. I don't watch the show but I have a feeling that this pin is going to be amazing.

#90 8 years ago

At least the pro has a spinner?

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

At least the pro has a spinner?

hahha, good catch

#92 8 years ago

Looks cool but... Looks cheap too.

Flat plastic castle walls, very generic (ST) PF Art, no LCD, incomplete code for 3 years & the Pro is missing half the game lol

I think I'm better off fully funding my Roth IRA next year (2016 limit should be $6K) & buying a Swords of Fury w/a homebrew GOT translate installed

#93 8 years ago

got1.jpggot1.jpg

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

All versions have the Pro Snap latch lockdown bar! wTF!

All versions have the "LE/premium snap latch lockdown bar" now.

#95 8 years ago

Its weird they went with the gear theme. The intro to the show is iconic, with all kingdoms forming out of clockwork, ....but its not just random gears its actually forming the castles and palaces! thats what makes it cool, not just gears to be gears lol.

#96 8 years ago

The GOT Pro artwork and sparse PF reminds me of the Golden Turd. aka Indiana Jones Stern.

GOT Pro: I dub thee, The Golden Deuce.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Its weird they went with the gear theme. The intro to the show is iconic, with all kingdoms forming out of clockwork, ....but its not just random gears its actually forming the castles and palaces! thats what makes it cool, not just gears to be gears lol.

yep, exactly. the intro is cool, and uses gears to symbolize the machinations of the various houses in their scheming for power, but there is zero steampunk element to this show and the random gears are very silly as playfield elements.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No one liked the ST artwork either, I did and I like this art as well, keep it simple. Gameplay, SFX, music etc. thats what makes a pin great. I don't watch the show but I have a feeling that this pin is going to be amazing.

The Star Trek LE cabinet is in a different league than GoT LE. Mirrored backglass (with no characters), matching powdercoat armor, lit insignias on the side of the head, LED phasers on the side rails, etc.

GoT has a plain translight with one major character and two minor characters, no mirrored backglass, black armor, Smaug-like cabinet sides with engraved side rails that have a smaller dragon facing the opposite direction. It just looks cheap and hurried.

Luckily they didn't reveal the Premium artwork yet and will spend a little more time on it.

But I'm canceling my pre-order on the LE. I might consider a premium at some point if the artwork is better and the gameplay is incredible.

#99 8 years ago

Huge SR fan....can't wait to play it!

#100 8 years ago

I think its funny that SR has nothing on his FB page about this game. I haven't been able to post on Sterns site since the first time but I thought I would see what was being said on SR's page, nothing. I can't believe that he would be proud of that steaming pile of shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-images-are-up/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.