photo2.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
Tywin-with-Arya-and-Gregor-Clegane-house-lannister-31098131-768-432.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
MV5BMTQwMjEwNDQ1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzAxODg4OQ._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
utf.jpg
wSagdQJA.jpeg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The Ukraine is weak.

Maidenpool is weaker.

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm so glad I'm in on Alien LE.
WWE? Mustang? GoT?
( disclaimer: I liked mustang, basing this comparison on sales tanked).

I'll probably buy & sell if I don't like them 2-3 Sterns before you see your Alien. Bash away at Stern if you don't like it but they are still putting out fun pins at a regular rate. Mustang included among them.

#554 8 years ago

ff_1230.jpgff_1230.jpg

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Did not start to see the whole show yet. So i am not sure how big of a part Carice van Houten has.
But she is into pinball, and last year she said she would buy a got pin instantly and would even do call outs.... FOR FREE!!!!
But not sure if she is a mayor player in this series.
(Will start looking when its finished, still avoided all spoilers so far, saw a few episodes season 1)

She's a huge part of the show...but Stern didn't say she was doing custom callouts, only The Hound and some random female voice that's not from the show.

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

RISK Game of Thrones??????? I am in!!

Why the art looks worse on the Risk board then the pinball machine.

#557 8 years ago

I don't want to talk about the playfield artwork. I want to talk about something that's going on in my mind about this game.
So let's say you want to design a GoT pinball game. The BIG problem is, you don't know how the main story will play out. We are not even close to the end. Most of the big players are still on their way and haven't met.
So what I want to say is, you can't cover up the story in a pinball game!!!
So as I see it STERN/SR goes a different way here. Do you know the old "Dune" computer game? There you could choose a faction and conquer the other factions. And so you can choose House Harkonnen and help them to get the victory. That has nothing to do with the real Dune story or Dune timeline. It's just like they took out all charakters and put them in a different alternative reality of the original story. You don't play the game story, you play your own story and I think this is way cooler!

So if I would have to built a GoT pinball game, I would go this way too. You can choose a faction, like house Lannister and there (SPOILER!!!) Tyrion, Cersey, Jaime are still working together to bring Jofrey on the Iron throne. You are in the roll of a knight of this house to help them with this. You have to beat all other houses and the biggest might so far. That would be house Targaryen. You have to beat Daeneris, with her A-Bomb/Dragons as final battle. That ignores the whole GoT plot, but would make a cool game in the end.

Than it would make sense to not mix the houses in the artwork and I think that's why the Dragon faction is on the LE artwork and in this alternative story Drogo can still live. They are the main players to beat! And as I know SR, that won't be an easy task to do.
I can't wait to play this and help the Starks to get on the Iron Throne!

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

RISK Game of Thrones??????? I am in!!

If you are going to play a GoT boardgame, it should be this one. It is really, really good.

got-boardgame.jpggot-boardgame.jpg

#559 8 years ago

Maybe Stern sets a budget for every game development. If the license and/or designer is cheap, they can hire proper artists and invest more in design. In this case, I suspect Ritchie doesn't work cheap being the best and GoT license is also not the cheapest being a popular show. Artwork gets handed over to the intern and this is what you get. If we got the best of everything, maybe that's when prices really get out of hand. That said, prices are already going up and we seem to be getting less and less for those dollars.

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Also, it seriously sucks that the custom voice work from Rory McCann (The Hound) is almost entirely being overlooked because of the art...he has crazy good presence and his insult call-outs written by Ritchie could be epic.

Let's not forget the voice of Steve Ritchie himself... wonder what character he'll play

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Let's not forget the voice of Steve Ritchie himself... wonder what character he'll play

Hodor maybe? Good question.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

My sources tell me that the only line they got from the show was from Hodor.

Seriously or you're joking??

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If you are going to play a GoT boardgame, it should be this one. It is really, really good.

got-boardgame.jpg

That's not a product from the HBO license as far as I can tell. Maybe the books.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Seriously or you're joking??

He's dead serious.

Turns out the game is like TSPP's "Doh!" mode, where every switch you hit just says "Hodor".

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

( disclaimer: I liked mustang, basing this comparison on sales tanked).

How do you know this? - they showed images a few days ago of Mustang on the line.
Don't think they would still be making them is sales tanked.

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You snarky bastard - JM is much better and you know it, Odin.
EDIT - maybe you're being serious, I should give you the benefit of a doubt.

I'm totally serious! These hand drawn licensed art packages from the 90s are looking better by the minute!

demo.jpgdemo.jpg

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm totally serious! These hand drawn licensed art packages from the 90s are looking better by the minute!

Hand drawn art? Check. Rule of thirds? Check. Lightning bolts and explosions? Check. Main characters from the movie? Check. Frame it baby.

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

demo.jpg

DM backglass had to be repainted like 20 times before Snipes would sign off on it.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He's dead serious.
Turns out the game is like TSPP's "Doh!" mode, where every switch you hit just says "Hodor".

...now I can't tell if you're serious about saying he's serious.

I would love that, BTW, kind of like Mr. Mackey mode in SP, but that CAN'T be the only voice from the show.

#570 8 years ago

Shit. The actor that plays Hodor wanted one of those sweet Stern testing foot mats and exclusive access to one of the microwaves. He wound up getting himself banned from their Facebook page.

Sounds like we're in for a heavy dose of redneck Hodor.

HODOR EATIN' GOAT TONIGHT.

#571 8 years ago

Zizzle beats Stern now for better playfield art.

zizzle4.jpgzizzle4.jpg

Stern, WTF,
stop getting drunk and fix your company, think about your long term reputation, JJP and Heighway are going to be growing fast, the competition will become very real, very soon.

#572 8 years ago

The Pin has a spinner, inline drop targets, a spinning disc toy, physical locks, a weird half loop ramp or something, it's everything we want in a game, we need to team them up with those Zizzle art guys.

sternpin6.jpgsternpin6.jpg

#574 8 years ago

I've been looking at the pictures for a few days. I like the playfiled. I like the LE cabinet. I like Daenerys, but I dont like the back glass. She is a powerful and pretty sexy figure. Not so much in that picture.

#575 8 years ago

Playfield artwork kills it for me. Still holding out hope that the Premium changes my mind.

#576 8 years ago

You aren't joking when you say little.

Why the fnck do they bother?

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Playfield artwork kills it for me. Still holding out hope that the Premium changes my mind.

Highly doubtful the playfield art is different on the premium

#578 8 years ago

We may all have to send our playfields to Greatwitch John and have him reprint them......

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

demo.jpg

Ha you think those are good you should check out the awesome art on any Gottlieb translite! Some extra awesome ones that come to mind are Genesis, mario andredi, bad girls and spring break just to name a few of their finer ones.

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Highly doubtful the playfield art is different on the premium

No, I'm hoping the Premium artwork pkg. is so good that I'm willing to just accept the playfield.

#581 8 years ago

Anyone catch the super Nintendo sounding GOT theme... my God I hope that isn't directly from the game.....

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Ha you think those are good you should check out the awesome art on any Gottlieb translite!

Heck ya!

BW.jpgBW.jpg

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You aren't joking when you say little.
Why the fnck do they bother?

It's all they have. Just trying to get up some counter narrative. It will probably work too, people are suckers for blinking lights, and they got the thing nice and dark so you can not see the gradient behind the shield and convince yourself it's not so bad in person.

Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Anyone catch the super Nintendo sounding GOT theme... my God I hope that isn't directly from the game.....

So it wasn't just me that thought it was MIDIfied?

#584 8 years ago

give me an LE based on some of the Lannister armor. Rich golds and reds and blacks.

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

No, I'm hoping the Premium artwork pkg. is so good that I'm willing to just accept the playfield.

So the PF artwork doesn't *really* kill it for you then?

Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Playfield artwork kills it for me.

#586 8 years ago

Looks can be deceiving.X Men Le Wolverine is a great looking game.Then we get to the gameplay......

#587 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Never contradict yourself on Pinside. RobT will always call you on it. One of his qualities I really like (and P.S. He's also done it to me as well)

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

It wasnt from the game. In the comment section they confirmed the theme song would be the original tv version...

It was an odd choice for that clip tho....

Wtf is planning this stuff At stern? Its like the JV squad has taken over marketing...

#589 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So it wasn't just me that thought it was MIDIfied?

With the SPIKE system and full stereo sound, if they can't even use the real soundtrack for the main theme, that's just inexcusable and f**king pathetic. And you can't tell me HBO wouldn't let them do it...

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Never say never. I mean at this point it's like hoping in one hand and crapping in the other. Pretty sure we know which will get filled first, but maybe, just maybe the Premium art pkg will be so good I'll find a way to grin and bear the playfield.

#591 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Never contradict yourself on Pinside. RobT will always call you on it. One of his qualities I really like (and P.S. He's also done it to me as well)

He's a lawyer. I expect nothing less.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He's dead serious.

Please NO!!!!

#593 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Never say never.

I didn't. You did.

Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I mean at this point it's like hoping in one hand and crapping in the other. Pretty sure we know which will get filled first, but maybe, just maybe the Premium art pkg will be so good I'll find a way to grin and bear the playfield.

Good luck.

I'm going to wait until I get to play one, regardless of what the premium looks like. I generally don't care for mini playfields, so we shall see..

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Never say never. I mean at this point it's like hoping in one hand and crapping in the other. Pretty sure we know which will get filled first, but maybe, just maybe the Premium art pkg will be so good I'll find a way to grin and bear the playfield.

I bet it just looks like the Pro, but with a blue starburst instead, and the cut out PR people swapped for Starks.

Or maybe it *was* like that as of a few days ago, and they're scrambling to make a new one right now, and that's the delay.

"We're getting savaged here, we can't post this one, come up with something else and get it approved, quick!"

#595 8 years ago

I think the controlled LEDs look great but I don't know if they're so great that I can forgive the bad playfield art. I'd personally prefer colored inserts and better use of the license on the playfield.

I'll say this about the video, the playfield layout looks a lot better seeing a physical build. But, does anyone doubt that the game will play well?

#596 8 years ago

The Iron Throne should have been front and center on the playfield with the house emblems over the top of it. They are all vying for the throne, right?

As a designer, this just smacks to me of Stern drinking too much of it's own Kool Aid. If they had done some simple focus group testing and gotten some outside feedback they would have known right away that they were spending cycles polishing a turd.

I really with they would do some reading on lean methodology and update their development process. Spending two years working on something in a vacuum and just hoping that people will want to buy it when you're done is a pretty old-fashioned way of thinking. The modern methodology is all about validation.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

The Iron Throne should have been front and center on the playfield with the house emblems over the top of it. They are all vying for the throne, right?
As a designer, this just smacks to me of Stern drinking too much of it's own Kool Aid. If they had done some simple focus group testing and gotten some outside feedback they would have known right away that they were spending cycles polishing a turd.
I really with they would do some reading on lean methodology and update their development process. Spending two years working on something in a vacuum and just hoping that people will want to buy it when you're done is a pretty old-fashioned way of thinking. The modern methodology is all about validation.

I think you're on the right track with thinking Stern is out of touch. I'm not sure if focus groups are the answer, though. With the speed at which info gets shared nowadays, that could lead to developmental nightmares. I watched season one and a couple episodes of GoT and then it got boring to me. I couldn't get into it. But, just based on what I hear people say occasionally, I could have come up with a better art package than this.

#599 8 years ago

I keep opening this thread to see pics of centerflanks TWD PINGULP and I keep getting disappointed
Where is that thing?

#600 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I've been looking at the pictures for a few days. I like the playfiled. I like the LE cabinet. I like Daenerys, but I dont like the back glass. She is a powerful and pretty sexy figure. Not so much in that picture.

You should be a happy camper then, the backglass is the easy part to replace! If you're willing to put in a bit of time with Photoshop you could probably cobble something more to your liking together, and Aurich or one of the others making cool alternate translites could probably give you some pointers (over PM, naturally) on getting a personal use copy of your work printed onto tranlite material.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-images-are-up/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.