image_(resized).jpg
Untitled_(resized).jpg
2_(resized).JPG
1_(resized).JPG
6_(resized).JPG
5_(resized).JPG
4_(resized).JPG
3_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I took a slo-mo of the ram reject. Hard to tell where the energy is being directed but it certainly wasn't up!
» YouTube video

This is exactly how mine was behaving. I don't think that the ram should register a hit every single time a ball touches it, but a straight shot from the left or right flipper should do the trick. The adjustments I made to mine did not reduce the travel of the ram at all, they just allowed the ram to move more freely with various different type of hits to it.

It's still a better idea to attack mine from the right, but it also will register 95% of the time from the left if you hit it square or just about square.

I would be interested to hear from Ritchie as to his thoughts on how this ram was intended to behave.

#25 8 years ago

It's not cheating because everyone is playing the same game. If one has this adjustment it doesn't matter except scores would probably be higher on average with this set up.

I don't think the game was designed to have the ram's travel reduced though. I also don't this it was intended to brick fairly clean shots to it, so however someone remedies that, is up to them.

#35 8 years ago

I look at it like I want the ram to operate similarly to the bell on ACDC. Does the bell on ACDC act like a standup that registers every time the ball hits it? No. it needs to be hit pretty square to register a bell hit. That is how the ram should behave IMO.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Ok, quick easy fix. Stuck a piece of adhesive felt pad on top of the rubber black pad. Now working 100 percent!

Interesting. Got a pic?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

» YouTube video

Bitchin! Nice find.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

You know? I've had quite a few big, ugly beavers on my battering ram.

I hope you took penicillin afterwards.

1 week later
#62 8 years ago

Straight from SR himself:

A “Battering Ram Fix” is not necessary, in fact, it’s cheating! Battering Rams in new GOT machines are a bit stiff, but break-in nicely after a few plays. It was designed to take a hard hit to make the switch. It is easy to move a real battering ram. No it takes work. Do the work. You can shoot it all day from the right flipper on any stock GOT. It’s a little tougher from the left flipper. To make the Battering Ram any easier to score is cheating!

haha. Hopefully I get to talk to SR a bit at the LAX show to pick his brain more about the game!

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Sorry, mine did not break in nicely at all. I had to remove the plastic ram guide first. The ram would not slide smoothly inside the plastic housing because there was a ton of plastic casting flash around the top edge. I had to cut off the casting flash from the plastic to allow the ram to move freely. I still decided to add my mod after that anyway. The ram is a bash toy and I can still bash it all I want even with the mod.

I hear ya man. Just busting your balls a little bit. Every game is going to play different no matter what adjustments we make.

1 month later
#84 8 years ago
Quoted from ardarvin:

About 1 in 3 *solid* *dead center* *from right flipper* hits on my pro machine don't register. I've played other machines and they work fine. Since I don't feel like taking anything apart right now, I offer you this "fix." Basically I'm holding out on the Mezel Mod dragon battering ram (looks killer) before taking things apart. Surprisingly this fix works great, not every shot registers...just about the number you'd expect a well playing machine to do.
IMG_2214_(resized).JPG

To fix this you don't need to remove anything. Loosen the screws that hold the sled on to the bottom of the playfield, take a qtip with lube oil on it and rub it all around the sled and under the plastic track the ram runs in. It will be 100% better. I cannot believe you did this rubber band fix. Haha. Also, the ram mod from mezel isn't going to do anything it's just a cover for the existing ram. Make sure he switch is gapped nice and close and lube up that ram track and you'll be right as rain.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think the ram plays just as intended from the factory. It needs a good solid hit not a graze. It's a major shot with super etc so it's qualified by needed a dead on shot not a graze.

I agree. However, mine out of the box didn't register on solid hits, hence my adjustment.

2 weeks later
#91 8 years ago
Quoted from twisty4678:

Is adding Mylar under the battering ram wheels really recommended? Do the plastic wheels really pose that much of a theat?
Also, I've heard the ram is difficult to remove because of some spacers? Is this only on the le/premium?

In response to you first question, no I don't think it's necessary at all. I'm at 1,500 games and it shows zero signs of wear.

The spacers are there on Pro and Prem/LE. They are not bad, just take your time. They are between the plastics ok the sides of the ram and the clear plastic over top of the ram. When putting the clear plastic back on, go one screw at a time and loosely starting with the top right, top left, bottom left, and the spot light flasher last.

10 months later
#97 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Do it! I easily got up to 4x playfield on my first game. Don't think I'd ever had higher than 2x previously.

So why didn't you just put a tiny bit of lube on it instead? I hate how it sits up higher with the OPs fix. Like you said, it's now harder to hit and those standups are way easier to hit.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Lube was tried. It only seemed to help for a few games.
I haven't looked into any of the other fixes proposed in this thread though.

Wow. Must be a stubborn one. Well any way you slice it, the game is incredible with a ram that consistently registers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-battering-ram-fix?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.