(Topic ID: 138425)

Game of Thrones - a positive thread possible?

By dendoc

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 85vett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will you buy a GOT?”

• No - too dissapointed 150 votes
    41%
  • maybe, but pending seeing video and final product 102 votes
    28%
  • Yes, NIB Pro 18 votes
    5%
  • Yes, NIB LE 36 votes
    10%
  • yes, NIB premium when available 34 votes
    9%
  • Yes, when they come up second hand 23 votes
    6%

(363 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

negative_shit.jpg
Acceptance.jpg
got-pro-playfield.jpg
got-le-playfield.jpg
Instructions.jpg
image.jpg
cdc.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 8 years ago

There are lots of things I'm looking forward to seeing in this game:

RGB FLOOD LIGHTS ON CASTLE
Tons of opportunity for immersion in the upper castle. I can see them shutting off the GI/inserts on the rest of the PF...and using blue flood lights and teal/white inserts to battle white walkers with Jon Snow, using flickering orange flood lights and yellow inserts to simulate fighting in a burning tower...there are amazing possibilities, especially with great sound effects and dots.

"SLOT" BUMPERS
I'm sure it isn't going to be a literal slot machine like some people have guessed...maybe something like sack three villages and find a random reward in the rubble. This mechanic is a lot more interesting to me than just getting a multiplier bonus.

IRON BANK
Very interested to see how this works and what kind of progressions you can buy. Some people complained about this as being off-theme, but Daenerys uses gold to buy sell-swords and placate the slave-owner class and the Lannisters use gold to buy troops/land/everything, so thematically it works great.

HOUSE MECHANIC
VERY glad they went this route! Hopefully there is enough variance in the dots that the house you choose really feels immersive (e.g., if I'm playing as house Tyrell I play out scenes to poison the Lannisters, if I'm Lannister I play the Red Wedding to defeat the Starks, etc.)

Also, one of the line items in the matrix is "stacking battle choices for twice the challenge," so you can fight, say, both the Baratheons and Greyjoys at the same time. Very cool.

CALL-OUTS
The Hound doing call-outs is perfect as long as they execute.

SOUND EFFECTS
Hopefully The Hound's effort is flanked by great sound effects and clips from the show. I'm worried that they will not have show clips, which would be a gigantic bummer...I want to hear Tyrion taunting, Cersei yelling, Jamie snarking, Jon Snow knowing nothing, etc. That's why I love the show.

MUSIC
Pulling the plunger and hearing the show theme song will be epic. There will also be other music from the show and Stern hinted that The Rains of Castamere is in.

DOTS
Tons of opportunity here for great dragon and battle dots. Hoping that they don't do the muddy video clip thing, but if the rumor is true that they went down the path of trying to do LCD and not getting the tech working in time I'm assuming that we'll get a lot of 3D-to-dots or video-to-dots, which I'm not a fan of.

VIDEO MODE(S)
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoy video modes. Assuming that you'll be able to turn them off or skip them if you're not into it, but I'm interested.

PREMIUM ART PACKAGE
The premium artwork is featuring Castle Black and Hardhome, so I'm expecting Jon Snow and other Night's Watch characters, Wildlings, and white walkers. Totally bizarre that this theme wasn't reserved for the LE, but I'm not complaining...saves 1200 bucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-a-positive-thread-possible?tu=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.