Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0444.jpg
    New_Stern_cover.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Game Exchange Of Colorado Shaker Motor Kit for Stern Pinballs Special! $175 Shipped FREE to Cont USA!

Just PM me your full name, Address and phone and Email address. Then I you can Either Call me or I can call you and get your CC Number

I'm Trying to avoid Paypal on this one because its a disaster for book keeping.

Full Shaker Kit Compatible with the below games
    Elvis
    Elvis Gold Edition
    Spider-Man/Black Spider-Man
    Indiana Jones
    Batman/The Dark Knight
    CSI
    LOTR LE
    NBA
    Big Buck Hunter Pro
    Iron Man Pro
    Rolling Stones Pro
    Rolling Stones LE
    TRON Pro
    TRON LE
    Transformers Pro
    Transformers Combo LE
    Transformers Decepticon LE
    Transformers Autobot LE
    AC/DC Pro
    AC/DC Premium
    AC/DC Back In Black
    AC/DC Let There Be Rock
    We believe X-men, We are told its wired for it, Checking on Software to be sure first before I bet my life on it.

Kit includes:
    Shaker motor with mounting bracket and wiring harness.
    PCB board
    Hard plastic cover
    Mounting hardware
    Cable ties
    Cabinet Harness
    Instruction sheet
    Mounting template

#8 11 years ago

Just Pm Me, I will need your Full name Address and Phone, Then I can either call you or you can call me with CC info.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

When will we get a definitive answer to this?
    I'd be shocked if XM doesn't support a shaker......not to mention incredibly disappointed!

I agree.. But I don't want to list a Game Until I know its true, you know how it is. Last thing I want to do is lie to you guys.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Lets all hang in there until we can confirm it. Supposedly tatmann installed a shaker and there is no code writen yet.

That's What Ive heard to so I just want to play it safe. I believe it will support it as others have said the cab is set up for it.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Hey JJ,
    How long can you offer these Shaker Motor kits for at that price?
    Thanks,
    Steve

I'm hoping to be able to do this deal for a while, They are selling fast right now so I gotta make sure I will be able to restock before I make promises on length.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Thats a helluva price which INCLUDES shipping!
    I was impatient and bought one already, but if I hadn't I would be all over this deal!!!
    I think JJ is being conservative by not saying that it will definatley have shaker capabilites untill it is officially announced which I respect...but there WILL be shaker capabilities.
    It might take an update or 2 but it will be implemented that's for sure. (they already have the t-nuts drilled in the cab!)

This is something I have wanted to bring to you guys for a while =)

#21 11 years ago

Not sure. I don't know if POTC was wired for a Shaker.

I have written as many orders as I could tonight before I absolutely have to leave the office. I got a few more people to get back to.. I will try and do this tomorrow.

#33 11 years ago

I might Be sold out on these, I Am trying to get more coming and should know an ETA Tuesday or so.

Let me count the number sold tomorrow and report back

#36 11 years ago

Don't worry, I still have 11 more call backs to make. I worked as late as I could last night and had a 5k Race today. I will be doing some tonight, and more tomorrow.

#38 11 years ago

Counting up the number I have Sold now and double checking everything. I think If I havnt called you I Sold out before I got to your order. Should be finding out today If I can get more and if so when.

1 week later
    #53 11 years ago
    Quoted from muttonboy:

This is the first time I've felt or installed a shaker, it's pretty cool.
    Felt great for a few games, then it started rattling against the cab. Tried tightening the screws a little, but after getting them as tight as I could it still rattled! If i push down hard on the shaker while testing it goes away, and I can wiggle it a touch. Tried putting an extra nut underneath hoping to tighten it up and it stripped. Was a bad idea.... Having a hard time getting the screw out now, its stuck and the nut came loose from the bottom and just spins.
    When I get this out and new bolts and nuts in, is there any spacing/ dampener I should put between the motor and the cab? Thing was pretty tight, wondering if the holes are a touch out of alignment.

What Game is this going into?

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from muttonboy:

Xmen. All the hardware was already there, just had to screw it down.

Humm.. Shouldn't be rattling. Let me look at one of the kits real quick.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from muttonboy:

Got it out and back in. Broke two of the bolts getting it out, cut a nasty circle in my cab with the third before I realized the nut wasn't spinning..... fourth actually came out alright.
    Put new hardware in, got it nice and tight with locktite, and..... it knocks.....hard. No way a shaker is supposed to sound like this. Maybe there is something wrong with my cabinet?
    Was going to put the other shaker in my LOTR, and get one for STTNG, but I'm sick of dealing with it. Probably going to sell the two I have and be done with them.

I'm Starting to wonder if you have a bad shaker.. do you have any other stern pinballs?

#66 11 years ago

I Just can't figure why it would rattle. Ive never seen / heard of one doing that. Here is a thought, Underneath the Cab, are all 4 T-Nuts tight and fairly flush to the cab?

It Definitely Shouldn't Rattle

#78 11 years ago

Robt,

I will get another Kit shipping to you tomorrow. Just ship the old one back to me.

Muttonboy Same thing for you. Sounds like we got a few bad Shakers I will deal with the Supplier on that after I get them back, but for now I want to get you guys up and SHAKEN!

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I can't see one in person, but it sure sounds like one of the eccentric end weights is just bumping against the bracket. As someone mentioned above, there should be some scratches or wear if this is happening. Maybe listening close-up will help pinpoint the location?

I was thinking the same thing because its about every revolution and you can see in the video the weights slowing down.

#84 11 years ago

Sounds like Mutton Boy nailed it! Had Robt tighten the long bolt across the top to and its good to go!

If any of you guys have any issues just tighten that bolt a bit

#94 11 years ago

I have one I can shoot a picture of Tomorrow before it leaves for its new home.

#95 11 years ago

Looking like I'm not going to be able to restock on these for a while.. So for now I'm going to end this deal. I hope to bring it back at some point.

1 week later
    #97 11 years ago

Well Ladies and Gents! I got it done Again. Stern is Running a promo on shaker motors I expect to have stock on these end of the month so I will bring my $175 Shipped Deal Back. .

MELROSE PARK, IL –August 7, 2012– Stern Pinball, Inc., the world’s only maker of real pinball games, today announced a limited time promotion on two upgrade kits, available at special reduced pricing through December 31st, 2012. These upgrade kits will be available from authorized Stern distrbutors and dealers as well as from Stern’s Parts Department.

The first upgrade is the Shaker Motor Kit. Stern's shaker motor is popular with operators and enthusiasts alike due to proven enhancements with game play. The specially priced kit includes the shaker motor, weights, wiring, hardware and cover. All Stern games produced since June 2011 (from Tron forward) include programming in addition to wiring and pre-drilled holes for easy installation of the kit.

Stern is also offering cabinet art protection kits (“Half-Moon” Kits) to enhance Stern Pro games. The half-moons help protect the cabinet art, which can increase resale value. The half-moon is a metal semicircle with a hole for the flipper button. It mounts flush to and below the side armor. Its black powder coat paint matches the side armor. Each kit includes two half-moons, one for each side of the machine, as well as mounting screws.

“We’re happy to announce the discount in price to our loyal customers and we are confident that these kits will contribue to the legacy of Stern games” said Gary Stern, founder, CEO and chairman of Stern Pinball.

Pricing and Availability

Shaker Motor Kits are available from authorized Stern distributors and dealers, and from Stern at $189.99 plus freight and any applicable sales tax.

Half-Moon Kits are available from authorized Stern distributors and dealers, and from Stern at $13.99 plus freight and any applicable sales tax.

#101 11 years ago

I can Write orders now if you wish, or I can wait until they come in.. Your preference.

1 month later
    #104 11 years ago

Bump I have Shakers Instock!

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Do you still have any of those half moon protector kits that are on sale in stock, JJ? I need to get a couple.

I think I do let me check with my Parts guy.

#116 11 years ago

Yes They Do Screw into the Cab. Once you Install them you will NOT want to remove them.. But they are great for hiding excising wear or preventing wear.

#122 11 years ago

Man You guys are keeping my busy on these shakers! keep them coming!

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You haven't called me yet!

Hey Rob! I still need to call you =) Sorry

1 week later
    #129 11 years ago

I still have plenty of these left in stock! Also I am going to the Pinball Expo in Chicago and have a whole empty suitcase I can bring, so If anyone wants me to bring shakers I can bring them to you and save shipping so $169 Each.

#132 11 years ago

I still need to charge and ship you for two more don't I?

#135 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Got mine installed in my AC/DC Premium. Works GREAT.
    By the way, these are different than the last batch. This version does not have the post across the top that can be adjusted.

Yep these are Stern Shakers. Vs PBL Shakers

2 weeks later
    #137 11 years ago

Bump! On my way to Expo. I have a few extra Shakers with me if anyone wants one.
    No Shipping so $169 each

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

JJ, I emailed you a week ago (no reply). My shaker dOes not work. Pin wires were not jumpers right. I attempted to reseed them to their proper locations but never done it and still doesn't work. Can I get a new one?

I remember seeing this email.. Thought I had replied.. I will find it an reply now, and get it taken care of for ya. Sorry about that

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The one I just put in Xmen is doing nothing either. The one in SM is kick ass. After Expo I will need to buy a replacement unless Xmen is just not using it yet. Any easy way to test? Is there a motor test in the game menu I missed?

You wont need to BUY a replacement at all =) I don't believe there is a shaker motor test. I have not tried a shaker in an X-Men but I know its coded for it. Try Swapping the Shaker board out with one of the other shakers and see if it works then. Just let me know what we need to get send out to you and I will make it happen

#144 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Doh. I should tried that. Will do.
    Thanks JJ
    Dear Stern, please add shaker motor test to menu : )
    OT: New EL wire did the trick and was easy to install. I will only buy new games and from you. There is no better way to enjoy this hobby that always has some surprises. You make it easy and fun amigo.

Cool, ya after I ordered the invertor, they called because I put a note in the comments about the issue, and said ummmm you might wanna change the wire first. I told em thanks for returning my emails and phone calls for the past 40 days! I'm Just glad its fixed and you are taken care of and happy.. Can we see a picture of the fixed el wire now? =)

#146 11 years ago

Thats how it should look! Looks Great!

3 months later
    #149 11 years ago

Bump back to the top on this one!

#152 11 years ago

I still have a few more, and I picked up a few more But I bought a ton of them

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-exchange-of-colorado-shaker-motor-for-stern-pinballs-special-175-shipped?tu=gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.