7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0444.jpg
    New_Stern_cover.JPG

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 7 years ago

I can Write orders now if you wish, or I can wait until they come in.. Your preference.

#102 7 years ago

Gex,

PM sent on a shaker order.

#103 7 years ago

For the squealing, get a spray can of "CRC QD Contact Cleaner" and shoot this in the inside of the motor. You can really flood it if you like. I did it over a paper towel outside and saw a bit of black stuff come out.

Let dry and reinstall. It does help but the squeal may come back. I picked a can up at home depot a while back.

1 month later
    #104 7 years ago

Bump I have Shakers Instock!

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Bump I have Shakers Instock!

SWEET! Just got a new AC/DC Premium and I need a shaker!

#106 7 years ago

Do you still have any of those half moon protector kits that are on sale in stock, JJ? I need to get a couple.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

SWEET! Just got a new AC/DC Premium and I need a shaker!

new code has that shaker ROCKIN'

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

Do you still have any of those half moon protector kits that are on sale in stock, JJ? I need to get a couple.

I think I do let me check with my Parts guy.

#111 7 years ago

I like to get some half moon protectors from you too. They look great on my Sopranos pin and cover the flipper wear perfectly and feel good when you push the button to keep flipping. Good product, and very much needed for pins like GnR, Monopoly, Ripleys and many of the other darker color cabinets. Can I get 6 sets priced to me shipped to 24273 Here is a pic of how good it looks on Sopranos.

Thanks
    Buddy

New_Stern_cover.JPG

#112 7 years ago

Can you get those lrotectors separate? Can I use them on a LOTR cab? I always thought those things were attached to the side rail as a single piece....i they are somethin separate I can add to LOTR I want a set too!

#113 7 years ago

Yes these are the newer ones and are not the entire side piece and are easy to ship. I take a pic of the another set I had not yet pin on the other pin. These are great and I wanted to get some from JJ since he gave me some flyers some time back.

Buddy

#114 7 years ago

Looks like they screw into the cabinet...if that's the case, I rescind my wanting-ness.

#115 7 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Yes these are the newer ones and are not the entire side piece and are easy to ship. I take a pic of the another set I had not yet pin on the other pin. These are great and I wanted to get some from JJ since he gave me some flyers some time back.
    Buddy

Yeah, great for Pro models or models that never came with the extended rails like LOTR or TSPP, etc.

#116 7 years ago

Yes They Do Screw into the Cab. Once you Install them you will NOT want to remove them.. But they are great for hiding excising wear or preventing wear.

#117 7 years ago

Yeah. Sounds like a good solution to cover up existing wear... unfortunately I'm trying to keep it from happening. Doh!

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah. Sounds like a good solution to cover up existing wear... unfortunately I'm trying to keep it from happening. Doh!

I like the flipper mylar protectors from pinballlife. Pretty stealthy and they fit under the button and prevent wear. If they ever wear out, then you can put these half moons on...but it would probably take thousands of plays to do that.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I like the flipper mylar protectors from pinballlife. Pretty stealthy and they fit under the button and prevent wear. If they ever wear out, then you can put these half moons on...but it would probably take thousands of plays to do that.

I've had the stealth protectors from Pinball Pal (very similar to Terry's) on my TSPP for almost 8 years and no issues. Sideshow Mel still has all his hair. I was thinking of installing the half moons just to give my Sterns a more uniform look. Yay, nay?

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

I've had the stealth protectors from Pinball Pal (very similar to Terry's) on my TSPP for almost 8 years and no issues. Sideshow Mel still has all his hair. I was thinking of installing the half moons just to give my Sterns a more uniform look. Yay, nay?

I have the Pinball Pal stealth protection on X-Men and prefer that to covering up art and drilling into the side cabinet since the stealth protectors are sufficient protection in a home use environment. I have it right next to SM that has the side armor and it doesn't look out of place. I would say just stick to the stealth protector you already have on it.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

prefer that to covering up art and drilling into the side cabinet since the stealth protectors are sufficient protection in a home use environment.

Yep, exactly.

#122 7 years ago

Man You guys are keeping my busy on these shakers! keep them coming!

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I like the flipper mylar protectors from pinballlife. Pretty stealthy and they fit under the button and prevent wear.

DrStark, do you mean these? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I have the Pinball Pal stealth protection on X-Men and prefer that to covering up art and drilling into the side cabinet since the stealth protectors are sufficient protection in a home use environment.

Seeing as how Pinball Pal isn't filling orders, how do you think the Pinball Life protectors compare with them?

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

You haven't called me yet!

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You haven't called me yet!

Hey Rob! I still need to call you =) Sorry

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from vulture:

Seeing as how Pinball Pal isn't filling orders, how do you think the Pinball Life protectors compare with them?

They are probably pretty similar only the mylar would be a bit harder to remove if need be. If you don't want to go with mylar you might want to try getting sheets of thin static cling vinyl or Frisket Film with light adhesive and cutting them out yourself.

Sorry JJ back to your great shaker sale. $175 shipped not bad at all.

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Nice talking to you on the phone yesterday JJ. Cant wait to get that shacker in my AC/DC!

Looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Ron

#128 7 years ago

Yeah, personal choice but I'm not using anything with adhesive. I'd rather buy the extended side rails.

1 week later
    #129 7 years ago

I still have plenty of these left in stock! Also I am going to the Pinball Expo in Chicago and have a whole empty suitcase I can bring, so If anyone wants me to bring shakers I can bring them to you and save shipping so $169 Each.

#130 7 years ago

Bump, just ordered mine, Thanks JJ!

#131 7 years ago

Hmmmm…..

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Hmmmm…..

I still need to charge and ship you for two more don't I?

#133 7 years ago

: )

#134 7 years ago

Got mine installed in my AC/DC Premium. Works GREAT.

By the way, these are different than the last batch. This version does not have the post across the top that can be adjusted.

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

By the way, these are different than the last batch. This version does not have the post across the top that can be adjusted.

Yep these are Stern Shakers. Vs PBL Shakers

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

What does the post adjust and is it better with or without it?

2 weeks later
    #137 7 years ago

Bump! On my way to Expo. I have a few extra Shakers with me if anyone wants one.
    No Shipping so $169 each

#138 7 years ago

JJ, I emailed you a week ago (no reply). My shaker dOes not work. Pin wires were not jumpers right. I attempted to reseed them to their proper locations but never done it and still doesn't work. Can I get a new one?

#139 7 years ago

EsKaybee:

I just received an email earlier today from JJ, He was boarding a plan to the convention. I wanted a shaker also and he had me Call Rich(works w/ JJ) at 303-962-4646. Rich was a big help, took my card over phone, shaker is one its way today to me.

Give him a buzz.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

JJ, I emailed you a week ago (no reply). My shaker dOes not work. Pin wires were not jumpers right. I attempted to reseed them to their proper locations but never done it and still doesn't work. Can I get a new one?

The one I just put in Xmen is doing nothing either. The one in SM is kick ass. After Expo I will need to buy a replacement unless Xmen is just not using it yet. Any easy way to test? Is there a motor test in the game menu I missed?

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I remember seeing this email.. Thought I had replied.. I will find it an reply now, and get it taken care of for ya. Sorry about that

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

The one I just put in Xmen is doing nothing either. The one in SM is kick ass. After Expo I will need to buy a replacement unless Xmen is just not using it yet. Any easy way to test? Is there a motor test in the game menu I missed?

You wont need to BUY a replacement at all =) I don't believe there is a shaker motor test. I have not tried a shaker in an X-Men but I know its coded for it. Try Swapping the Shaker board out with one of the other shakers and see if it works then. Just let me know what we need to get send out to you and I will make it happen

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Try Swapping the Shaker board

Doh. I should tried that. Will do.

Thanks JJ

Dear Stern, please add shaker motor test to menu : )

OT: New EL wire did the trick and was easy to install. I will only buy new games and from you. There is no better way to enjoy this hobby that always has some surprises. You make it easy and fun amigo.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Doh. I should tried that. Will do.
    Thanks JJ
    Dear Stern, please add shaker motor test to menu : )
    OT: New EL wire did the trick and was easy to install. I will only buy new games and from you. There is no better way to enjoy this hobby that always has some surprises. You make it easy and fun amigo.

Cool, ya after I ordered the invertor, they called because I put a note in the comments about the issue, and said ummmm you might wanna change the wire first. I told em thanks for returning my emails and phone calls for the past 40 days! I'm Just glad its fixed and you are taken care of and happy.. Can we see a picture of the fixed el wire now? =)

#145 7 years ago

Big Difference..

IMG_0444.jpg

#146 7 years ago

Thats how it should look! Looks Great!

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I remember seeing this email.. Thought I had replied.. I will find it an reply now, and get it taken care of for ya. Sorry about that

thanks JJ. Got your email and responded.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Big Difference..

Very nice! That looks sweet. Is that a pro? Is there an EL wire mod kit now?

#148 7 years ago

Got my shaker motor working. Reconnected everything. Probably did not seat the connection. But now my Xmen is acting up : (

Eskaybee, Tron Pro modded by JJ and with EL wire. I added a few more things and more is in the mail.

3 months later
    #149 6 years ago

Bump back to the top on this one!

#150 6 years ago

You still have the shakers? PM sent..

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside