(Topic ID: 49662)

Game Code Update Rebooting Error Loading v1.65 ACDC premium

By jeffspinballpalace

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I installed new 1.65 premium/le code into my acdc premium and when it was done, I was prompted to remove usb, hit select button on coin door, turn dip 8 back on and hit select button to reboot. Then game reboots and warns ...game code update / rebooting and screen appears locked with buttons on my coin door not working. Also tried and added step of hitting reset S1 button on the board with same results. What to do next?

#2 10 years ago

I'd start over. Download code, put on a memory stick, then reload it.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

On a whim I put same stick back in and turned dip 8 off. Instead of loading I tried verifying. Well, this took 45 minutes, but when it was done it had me remove stick and set dip 8 on, just as before. It asked me to hit select button to reboot and it worked.

I think the verify compares files on stick with files copied onto Sterm ram, but for some reason I couldn't exit without running this process. Maybe it wasn't sure about memory stick after all.

#4 10 years ago

Glad it worked out for you and only cost you a couple of hours of play time.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I think the verify compares files on stick with files copied onto Sterm ram, but for some reason I couldn't exit without running this process. Maybe it wasn't sure about memory stick after all.

Or it could be that dip switch 8 is flaky. It happens.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I installed new 1.65 premium/le code into my acdc premium and when it was done, I was prompted to remove usb, hit select button on coin door, turn dip 8 back on and hit select button to reboot. Then game reboots and warns ...game code update / rebooting and screen appears locked with buttons on my coin door not working. Also tried and added step of hitting reset S1 button on the board with same results. What to do next?

You could have just power cycled the game. Doing a verify doesn't impact the contents of the flash so it didnt fix it.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You could have just power cycled the game. Doing a verify doesn't impact the contents of the flash so it didnt fix it.

When upload wasn't working, pin acted as if game was locked. Buttons on door did nothing and I couldn't escape. Tried hard rebooting but that only would bring same screen back saying it was booting and buttons wouldn't work. I am leaning towards a flaky dip switch 8, since everybody else was able to download from same source without similar issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-code-update-rebooting-error-loading-v165-acdc-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.