Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png
IMG_5659 (resized).JPG
Board 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5663 (resized).PNG
Board (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

switch is fine. The game computer sees it closed, but it can't knock the ball to the shooter lane. Gives the appearance of locked up as it tries endlessly to clear the outhole switch. Since the MPU boots up, we can assume +43v is available because the MPU needs it for power on selft test #7
Check out the outhole coil. I cant remember if it is under the apron or if you can get at it from the underside of hte PF. Check it for +43v.... no wires fell off etc. Should be PF fuse to check too.

However he said:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because there is no ball in there and the switch blades are not touching.

Would this still apply? Might be something wrong on the board?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I missed that. The original video does still look like the exact symptom of blown PF fuse causing the MPU to endlessly try to clear the outhole, yet cant.
You can send me back the MPU and/or driver and I can check / repair. Maybe a switch's PIA port crapped out.

However maybe he NEEDS to put the ball in as well? Clearly there's an issue (a real, different one) but I'm saying that also perhaps the ball does need to be in the outlane - so once you fix something else and it could be working again, remember to do testing with the ball in the machine. Then it could be a transistor for the coil, the coil, or anything, it opens up a bunch more opportunities/possibilities.

I was working on a customer's Centaur and I don't think it would start correctly until the last ball was in the trough, if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how this translates over to Stern games.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay if I put the ball in the game, it boots and when i hit start, the ball lauches to the shooter lane and the game freezes like it did before.

Quoted from barakandl:

just push lightly with finger, see if it spits the ball out.

Still on the same page here? Just making sure you don't get confused. Says he replied only a minute before you did so I figured it may have been easy to miss.

Ball spits out consistently/every time you try that now? (Power cycling the game and starting a new game with the ball in the trough)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 199.95
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 10.00
$ 3.00
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-boots-starts-a-game-then?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.