Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled (resized).png
IMG_5659 (resized).JPG
Board 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_5663 (resized).PNG
Board (resized).JPG

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

You have the tilt set too sensitive and it's kicking in when you start the game! J/K - I'm around tomorrow night if you need someone to help you with it, have soldering iron, will travel (for beer).

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you may be on to something. I tried to reflow solder there, but I suck. It looks okay, but now when I boot the game it got to six flashes, stopped, and then the 7th flash came a few seconds later. then it was trying to run through attract mode, but seemed like power was cutting in and out. I will get someone to come help me that is better at board soldering and report back.
I am also using 60/40 resin core solder which I think is wrong for boards, and I dont have an adjustable temp soldering iron.

60/40 rosin core solder is fine, you just need an iron that has can put out enough heat to get the solder to flow on the rectifier board. THere is so much solder/copper/header posts, it acts like a big heat sink. I usually crank up my iron a bit and put on a bigger tip when i do these boards.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

60/40 rosin core solder is fine, you just need an iron that has can put out enough heat to get the solder to flow on the rectifier board. THere is so much solder/copper/header posts, it acts like a big heat sink. I usually crank up my iron a bit and put on a bigger tip when i do these boards.

Thanks again Andrew. bobukcat is coming over tomorrow night to knock this out over bourbon and beers. I'll report back if we can't get this kicked.

#54 2 years ago

Cracked solder joints at BR3!! All good now. Thanks so much for everyone help and bobukcat solder skills.

#55 2 years ago

Glad you got it working! I called that issue back on post #36

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Glad you got it working! I called that issue back on post #36

You did and I appreciate the help. I just got lost in the instructions and points people were trying to make. It's hard for me to understand what all this board stuff means and how to diagnose certain game behaviors. Learned a lot from you guys in this thread so thanks again.

Now get over here and practice my games for league in May! I'll have LW3 back up tomorrow. Then everything will be working. Brady is dropping off 4 more games next weekend, so ill hit you up to come play.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You did and I appreciate the help. I just got lost in the instructions and points people were trying to make. It's hard for me to understand what all this board stuff means and how to diagnose certain game behaviors. Learned a lot from you guys in this thread so thanks again.

Now get over here and practice my games for league in May! I'll have LW3 back up tomorrow. Then everything will be working. Brady is dropping off 4 more games next weekend, so ill hit you up to come play.

Awesome. I would love to test the games out. I'd help you set things up next weekend but I'll be out of town. But I'll be glad to help test any other time

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

Awesome. I would love to test the games out. I'd help you set things up next weekend but I'll be out of town. But I'll be glad to help test any other time

Cool. I will hit you up sometime after that as I am pretty open after that weekend too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 10.00
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside