6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AUKraut
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Looking to install decal game blades. Is there a product similar to mirror blades... but maybe a less costly or nice material that the decal can be adhered to so that it is not applied directly to the cabinet? Has anyone else done this less commital move?
    Thanks

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Binger:

Looking to install decal game blades. Is there a product similar to mirror blades... but maybe a less costly or nice material that the decal can be adhered to so that it is not applied directly to the cabinet? Has anyone else done this less commital move?
    Thanks

That's not a bad idea, maybe something out of styrene.....following!

#3 6 years ago

That’s a good idea....

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

I think it would depend on the game that would dictate if you would have enough clearance to raise and lower the playfield without digging into them with any protrusions from the side of the playfield. I have game blades on my Dirty Harry and it just clears and I even have to hold a sheet of poster board between one side when raising the playfield to keep from gouging the blade. Adding another layer under it would definitely be too thick. Also had mirror blades on a BSD I used to own and also was a very tight squeeze. Had lots of tiny scratches from raising playfield. Game blades on top of something of that thickness probably would have gotten destroyed on that game anyway.

#6 6 years ago

Does it have to be a reflective material? I picked up some vinyl wrap for my STTNG and used it as a backboard material and plan to do the same with the sides of the cabinet.

ebay.com link: Rwraps Galaxy Vinyl Wrap Sheet Film Roll for Custom Body Kits More

#7 6 years ago

I was thinking a piece of metal.... much like the mirror blades in rigidity and thickness but without the polish or mirror. It just did not seem prudent to pay for a mirror blade, only to cover it. I just thought there might be a piece being made with the intent of covering with a decal.

#8 6 years ago

You can buy large sheet styrene like that is used to make advertising signs in the same thickness or thinner that mirror blades, and then easily cut them since they are styrene.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-blade-question?hl=balaraform and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.