2199_49968268023_4250_n (resized).jpg
GameAndCastSquare (resized).jpg
YouTube (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

Hi Pinsiders,

You might know me as 1/2 of Coin-Op Carnival. Well, I'm launching a new gaming podcast on March 1st.

See ya then,
Ryan Claytor

1 week later
#2 7 months ago

Bump for launch day!

#3 7 months ago

Damn! I was looking forward to throwing my name in to come on and talk about Pokemon on the game boy!

I just listened to the pod#00.

#4 7 months ago

Congrats on the launch RyanClaytor ! Looking forward to more new shows!

#5 7 months ago

Love game and watch. Still have a few from the early 80s, subbing

#6 7 months ago

Is there a link or somethibg? My Podcatcher is not finding it.

#8 7 months ago

Thanks, guys! And thanks, Nick, for the RSS link.

4 weeks later
#9 6 months ago

Sweet! Gonna check this out.

Did you by chance snag the “new” Nintendo game & watch handhelds?

2 weeks later
#10 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sweet! Gonna check this out.
Did you by chance snag the “new” Nintendo game & watch handhelds?

Hey Northvibe,

Is this you, Parnell? Regardless, thanks for touching base here. Looks like a few episodes have been out since. ...guess I'll have to make it a point to check in here more often.

I did, in fact, manage to nab one of those Super Mario Bros 35th games. Pretty great. My only withhold about it is that it put into sharp focus how old I'm getting. I seem to recall being able to complete it with relative ease. I guess my 41-year-old reflexes aren't what my 9-year-old reflexes once were, because...try as I might, I've not been able to get past level 8-3.

Anyhow, hope you dig the episodes, and thank for your note here!
-Ryan

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hey Northvibe,
Is this you, Parnell? Regardless, thanks for touching base here. Looks like a few episodes have been out since. ...guess I'll have to make it a point to check in here more often.
I did, in fact, manage to nab one of those Super Mario Bros 35th games. Pretty great. My only withhold about it is that it put into sharp focus how old I'm getting. I seem to recall being able to complete it with relative ease. I guess my 41-year-old reflexes aren't what my 9-year-old reflexes once were, because...try as I might, I've not been able to get past level 8-3.
Anyhow, hope you dig the episodes, and thank for your note here!
-Ryan

Hey Ryan,
Yes, this is Parnell! I need to catch up but man I love the history and information. I never had a game and watch but I did have many handheld games growing up. I should go snag that new game n watch and let my daughter use it as an alarm clock hahaha. So cool. I’m not good at Mario at all but man it’s fun to play.

What were like 2-3 “best” most fun game and watch games I should watch videos on?

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What were like 2-3 “best” most fun game and watch games I should watch videos on?

Here's a good place to start:

http://elephanteater.com/15622/game-and-cast-episode-02-shownotes

...but really it depends on what type of game you like. That ^^^ is a great one if you like timed puzzle games. But there are also games that have elements of side-scrolling action, like the Zelda Game and Watch, but many of them have to do with timing.

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Here's a good place to start:
http://elephanteater.com/15622/game-and-cast-episode-02-shownotes

...but really it depends on what type of game you like. That ^^^ is a great one if you like timed puzzle games. But there are also games that have elements of side-scrolling action, like the Zelda Game and Watch, but many of them have to do with timing.

Ah man, Luca didn’t simulate squish. :-p he has an impressive site and work! I watched some gameplay, I can see how that game is a fun two screen game. Cool to see directions change.

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah man, Luca didn’t simulate squish.

Ha-ha! I'll chastise him about that.

Quoted from northvibe:

he has an impressive site and work!

Agreed!

Quoted from northvibe:

I watched some gameplay

...was it, by chance, the gameplay included in the show notes?

Quoted from northvibe:

I can see how that game is a fun two screen game.

And how! Really addictive. One of my faves.

Thanks, again, for listening. New episode drops tomorrow!

#15 6 months ago

Happy New Episode Day! The fourth installment of my Game and Cast podcast is now LIVE at:

www.GameAndCast.com

This episode reviews an underappreciated title in Tronica's "Thief in Garden"

YouTube (resized).jpg

As the image suggests, you can find additional images and gameplay footage in the episode show notes.

Enjoy!

2 weeks later
#16 5 months ago

Happy New Episode!

Episode #5 features another interview, this time with motorbike racer, hot chili grower, and handheld gaming enthusiast, Véronique Niquenique. Véronique is an active member of the retro handheld gaming community with her frequent supportive posts. She also has a short wish list of games she's looking for (see images). Got any?

Regardless, I'm happy to highlight a wonderful collector this episode. Enjoy...

www.GameAndCast.com

2199_49968268023_4250_n (resized).jpg

vTech (resized).pnggaw2 (resized).jpg

#17 5 months ago

tri screen?! Is that the most screens on a handheld?

Thanks for the episode!

2 weeks later
#18 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

tri screen?! Is that the most screens on a handheld?
Thanks for the episode!

I don't recall seeing 4, so...PROBABLY!

2 weeks later
#19 4 months ago

Love the episodes. Just a note, nintendo has announced a new zelda game and watch
https://www.nintendo.com/products/detail/game-and-watch-the-legend-of-zelda/
release trailer

Ryan you are making this popular again!

I'll be sad when your season ends, however, I'll have some new game and watches to tide me over.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Love the episodes. Just a note, nintendo has announced a new zelda game and watch
https://www.nintendo.com/products/detail/game-and-watch-the-legend-of-zelda/
release trailer
Ryan you are making this popular again!
I'll be sad when your season ends, however, I'll have some new game and watches to tide me over.

Indeed! That new G&W looks to be a thing of beauty. Thanks for your kind words about the 'cast, Parnell! Really appreciate you chiming in here and glad to hear you're enjoying some of these amazing handheld games.

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Indeed! That new G&W looks to be a thing of beauty. Thanks for your kind words about the 'cast, Parnell! Really appreciate you chiming in here and glad to hear you're enjoying some of these amazing handheld games.

I love hearing about games and then finding YouTube videos you did or someone else and watching how cool they are. It’s amazing how intricate some can be with so few moves.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside