Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 75 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F5A76DC2-ACF3-4C71-9148-1888863C7B5C (resized).jpeg
EC0DC4EF-27D5-4DC6-A24F-D2627C77F1D8 (resized).jpeg
081B10EB-A33F-486D-BE35-17B4346E3BB0 (resized).jpeg
CE2DDB4D-1CE8-4275-A55C-1D793524CF2A (resized).jpeg
FA5032A7-153C-417C-B6BD-6FEC28029D34 (resized).jpeg
C88CE890-B68C-4A61-A18E-F6E6F594AF80 (resized).jpeg
F74AFD2B-0CD7-402C-9B8B-3990D84AD5FF (resized).jpeg
DSCF6963 (resized).JPG
20150803_220949 (resized).jpg
DSC01710 (resized).JPG
RS_After (resized).jpg
14519906_10157859350740144_7056162448201953271_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 3 years ago

I've been fascinated with Flight 2k for a while, but never owned one. I started to look closer into buying one, but then discovered Gamatron! A slim version with different mechanics and one less popbumper, and a super cool robot being destroyed by futuristic war machines, it's right up my alley.

I posted a want ad to get a playfield and daughter card, and the next day a non-pinsider calls me, he has both sitting in storage, they've been there since 1987 or so... We made a deal.. I overpaid Lol, but on the road to victory.

I also had picked up a back plexi at TPF (which is how I discovered Gamatron)

Edit:
Here is a link to a gallery of my work in progress

https://flic.kr/s/aHskFqFuaZ

#2 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3 3 years ago

I have a friend that helped me along in acquiring a new cabinet, I was stressing about this because I have had no project cab prospects for a long while, so cudos to my buddy Anthony!

#4 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5 3 years ago

I bought a Gamatron earlier this year from a friend. Great game.

#6 3 years ago

I love rare games like these. Games that no one really cares about but are cool on their own. Are those dummy zeros on that backglass?

#7 3 years ago

Watching this till the end
Mike

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Are those dummy zeros on that backglass?

Yes, lit up by a light bulb. Since it was made to convert older Bally SS games that had 6 digit displays, the dummy number makes it a 7 digit game. Similar to lots of later EM games.

#9 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this baby put through the paces. Carry on

#10 3 years ago

Hey, thanks guys!

I got everything removed topside, on my super cheap rotisserie

image_(resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

Got the cab loaded, played a little Tetris but got er in!

Oh and My buddy loaded it with goodies, I can't thank him enough!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#12 3 years ago

That's crazy. Glad you got a Gamatron. Fun game. have not had mine up in a long time. I own 3 I think

#13 3 years ago

Love Gamatron...good luck!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

That's crazy. Glad you got a Gamatron. Fun game. have not had mine up in a long time. I own 3 I think

Okay, you've got to explain this one...

"Kirk Post"? LOL

#15 3 years ago

I'm guessing here... Was Steve Kirk the "guy" to implement the post between flippers? Maybe this was a nod to Steve Kirk??

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm guessing here... Was Steve Kirk the "guy" to implement the post between flippers? Maybe this was a nod to Steve Kirk??

Good theory, I have no idea...just that "Kirk Post TM" is awfully out of place and hilarious.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Good theory, I have no idea...just that "Kirk Post TM" is awfully out of place and hilarious.

I agree, it's pretty wild...

From stern "nine ball" ipbd:

"Stern programmer Alan McNeil told us that the mini-post screw between the flippers was known as a Kirk Post (for designer Steve Kirk)."

I would think it hilarious if a pin came about that was a showcase of pinball designers ideas and the design ideas noted all over the playfield like the "Kirk post"

#18 3 years ago

Yeah Steve Kirk is know for his center posts. My Stern Stars has a Kirk Post.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

showcase of pinball designers ideas and the design ideas noted all over the playfield

Now with Oursler Lanes and Ritchie Cannons!

#20 3 years ago

And Lawlor shots

#21 3 years ago

The art's kind of a ripoff of Pinbot isn't it.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The art's kind of a ripoff of Pinbot isn't it.

Tough when Gamatron game out a year before Pinbot

#23 3 years ago

The Gamatron robot kind of reminds me of the the cyclons from battle star galagtica

#24 3 years ago

First coat of clear, noticing the very plankiness of this playfield... I think I might have just made up a new word .

image_(resized).jpeg

#25 3 years ago

Sanded and touched up ready for 2nd coat

image_(resized).jpeg

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

noticing the very plankiness of this playfield... I think I might have just made up a new word .

Think you are right, at least with pinball verbiage

Looking good

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I wondered if anyone would catch that.

#28 3 years ago

Awesome build man, glued to this thread!

#29 3 years ago

Looking good

#30 3 years ago

I have 2 NOS fields for this game. and 1 2nd print playfield that was literally the first test print. and also the Whitewood which is quite nice to own. I want to build 1 more so I have Steve Kirks original, The whitewood and then 1 with a NOS field , NOS plastics, and Painted cab like the stickers. I have the parts its just not having time. I NEED TO FIND TIME!!!

I love me the Gamatron!!!...Fantastic game.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:I have 2 NOS fields for this game. and 1 2nd print playfield that was literally the first test print. and also the Whitewood which is quite nice to own. I want to build 1 more so I have Steve Kirks original, The whitewood and then 1 with a NOS field , NOS plastics, and Painted cab like the stickers. I have the parts its just not having time. I NEED TO FIND TIME!!!
I love me the Gamatron!!!...Fantastic game.

Then you need the segasa version, it has a different color scheme and cabinet and electronics I'm pretty sure

#32 3 years ago

another pic of the pf after 1st clear coat and sanding

28949811692_7f96f3f008_k_(resized).jpg

#33 3 years ago

... and second coat of clear, the 1st coat dried for 4.5 days.. this should be the last coat, the sanding and buffing should put a mirror shine, I hope

28949811762_42dc16a97f_o_(resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

But 10 years after Duotron and Magnatron! LOL

Following. Love the game and the samples that have been at TPF.

#35 3 years ago

My Gamatron have this thick plastic cover on the playfield which left it in pristine condition, i guess Segasa thought ahead

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

My Gamatron have this thick plastic cover on the playfield which left it in pristine condition, i guess Segasa thought ahead

That's mylar , I cant stand it, I wish I could remove all the mylar and clear coat every playfield I have

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

That's mylar , I cant stand it, I wish I could remove all the mylar and clear coat every playfield I have

No, its not mylar, i know what mylar looks like, having removed it like twice now, this is a clear, thick plastic sheet.

4 mm thick, to be exact

IMG_2303_(resized).JPG

IMG_2304_(resized).JPG

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

No, its not mylar, i know what mylar looks like, having removed it like twice now, this is a clear, thick plastic sheet.
4 mm thick, to be exact

WOAH! that's wicked, cant imagine how'd you shine that up?

#39 3 years ago

anyone know which spinner I need???I have one, but I need to source another assembly... seems the gamatron play fields have lost their spinners somehow

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

WOAH! that's wicked, cant imagine how'd you shine that up?

*shrugs* im gonna try that plastic polish i have, otherwise im gonna leave it as is, looks good enough with all the dust and dirt off.

IMG_2280_(resized).JPG

#41 3 years ago

A few bumps along the way, not my best work, but good enough...

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

anyone know which spinner I need???I have one, but I need to source another assembly... seems the gamatron play fields have lost their spinners somehow

My spinners are showing an explosion, dunno if they are original though.

#43 3 years ago

That's the problem with taking all the wire guides off the PF...chip up that paint. Probably won't notice it when you play though.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looks great. As for spinners you need very special ones only on Gamatron. They have a bracket over them with an explosion on the spinner. They are unique to the game. Impossible to find.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

By the way just touch it up and then put in the wire guides. Won't notice it at all. Do this all the time post clear

#46 3 years ago

By the way just touch it up and then put in the wire guides. Won't notice it at all. Do this all the time post clear

Thank you... I'll touch them up next time. I hate removing those wire forms, never a clean way.

I have one spinner , I have both brackets, I just need to know what type of spinner to at least have 2 total spinners, I'll take a good pic of the spinner graphic and make a decal for the other one. I think pinball resource has the spinner, but I'm not certain.

#47 3 years ago

The spinner brackets look like the Game Plan type.

Gamatron_pf_(resized).jpgCyclopes_pf_(resized).jpg

#48 3 years ago

Lol, that makes it even more difficult, I guess I'll try a few different ideas... More to come

Thanks dothedoo!!, good catch!

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

The spinner brackets look like the Game Plan type.

Oh that is right because on Martino's Andromeda it has the same spinner and so does Sharpshooter. Should be able to find something like that and use a Classic stern spinner in it.

#50 3 years ago

Oh that is right because on Martino's Andromeda it has the same spinner and so does Sharpshooter. Should be able to find something like that and use a Classic stern spinner in it.

I have the bracket and spinner switch rod, I just gotta find a classic stern spinner then !!! Thank you guys

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 79.00
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 26.50
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside