Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bdPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Galaxy Stern Electronics, 1980

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Well. I think that pretty well sums it up. It's the plexiglass ball guide that goes along the outside of the Galaxy Trough, and along where the ball goes past the spinner. Toward the end of the "Swoop" above the spinner Mine is cracked, and so the ball goes most of the way through the arc, but many times it hits towards the end of the arc, and bounces out instead of going through the gate like it's would normally. Even balls that are wizzed pretty fast through the spinner sometimes end up not making it through the gate. Negatively impacts gameplay for sure!

1) What is that plexiglass piece called? Plexigalss lane guide?
2) Is this on the list of unobtanium?

I have contacts at work that could probably cut me a price on the waterjet cutter at work, but that isn't something that could be slipped through as government work, so it's likely I'd pay them more for materials, and especially the engineers time to do the autocad rendering and send it as a CNC, and I would for either a NOS, or some other repro.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I'm pretty sure that the piece you need is in this kit: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/13C-114-X

Holy Plastic Sets Batman! Who knew? Is that something I didn't know- Do plastic sets generally include this second level of plastics? I guess I've never bought one before. My Big Guns CAME with a set of plastics, but I don't think it has any plexiglass ball guides, like this one has. That's great! Thanks so much for finding that for me!

I was about ready to try to get a piece of plastic of of the scrap bin at work.. This won't get me in trouble!

-Brian

#5 7 years ago

I was starting to think of ways to take the old one out, and trace, or scan it somehow. We've got a E size scanner at work, so I can scan huge stuff, but it's gotta be paper. It's not a flat-bed. So, I guess I could trace it, then have one of the engineers trace, and make Gcode, and send that to the waterjet cutter.

This sounds like it would be more exact, and possibly cheaper. In additon, I really DO need the rest of the plastics set. The former owner was a - "Flipper!" - Gosh, I love that term, but- I mean, in a way, I do that, but I don't like to feel like I'm screwing anyone. So the guy who had it before me shined it up a little, but the plastics are cracked throughout.

Thanks!

-Brian

#7 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't have a scroll, or anything other than my jigsaw, and I've tried to cut plexiglass with that before- >>HOOONK!<< Nope. Very bad results, let's just leave it at that. The plexiglass was destroyed, and the thing I was trying to fix was still broken. :I

-Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 3.00
$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bdPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galaxy-plexiglass-ball-guide-broken?tu=bdPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.