(Topic ID: 334148)

Galactic Tank Force Owners Club - Get your ice cream here!

By flynnibus

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,720 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240719_183451_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8387 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8389 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8338 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8306 (resized).jpeg
32940654-C0A7-4D55-B73B-19F04938D0B2 (resized).jpeg
7083AA96-73C1-4667-81F9-86941EB0A90F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
373989b8-d305-4eb6-bbcf-f9a3ce5bb2c7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8202 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.
#1651 41 days ago

flynnibus - just re read your lock fix posts several times. I am sitting dead centre on the ball now after my adjustment. For the past 6 weeks i have had no issues. Do i need to be sitting over the middle point of the ball

With AP’s plastic fix it would appear it’s too big and almost needs cutting in half to clear centre point of the ball no ? Would save all the bending and messing no ?

#1652 40 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

flynnibus - just re read your lock fix posts several times. I am sitting dead centre on the ball now after my adjustment. For the past 6 weeks i have had no issues. Do i need to be sitting over the middle point of the ball
With AP’s plastic fix it would appear it’s too big and almost needs cutting in half to clear centre point of the ball no ? Would save all the bending and messing no ?

Doesn’t need to be past center point. Once it’s at center, additional length won’t change anything. Seems like AP changed to a longer, but still too short, pin somewhere along the way and the fix-it kit only works for the original pin length.

Check if the opto housings or anything else is interfering with the ball rolling freely on the wireform. The ball was intermittently getting hung up on one of my opto housings confusing the game. Also check that the optos are registering consistently while you have the plastic off. And that the balls aren’t magnetized.

and

#1653 40 days ago

Thanks for the reply

That’s the issue. I can’t see any problem with my mech or system . The optics work and register fine and the display shows each ball as it locks ( digitally )
There’s no magnetism. Balls roll freely along the wireforms
it just started happening earlier last week , i don’t even think the game has been switched off. i just left it and came back a couple hours later and had another game

#1654 40 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Ive recently encountered an issue where the ball lock will hold and then let go of the first 2 balls in airstrike multi ball. It will then hold the 3rd whilst the prompts countdown the multi ball start and then release. Then the 1st 2 balls are shot from the shooter lane
Ive checked the length of the pin and fitted 3mm of washers so its dead centre on the ball but doesn't not affect it. The balls are held for maybe 1/2 a second than released. The solenoid is working and activating.
Any ideas please?

The way I'm reading this it sounds like virtual locks are on? I've never seen the virtual locks turned on to know what it looks like but this really sounds like this is the case. It is "let[ting] go" the first two balls (catch momentarily but then release via solenoid retraction of the hold pin?) but holding the 3rd ball until the multiball starts, properly keeping track of how many balls are locked, then launching the "virtual" first two balls and releasing the 3rd.

If when either of those first two balls go into the capture, if they stop and then need to be released via activation of the release mech then I'm really thinking everything is working as designed... for virtual lock setup. Unless someone that is more familiar with how the virtual lock runs jumps in and says I'm way off base then I'd go and check your settings.

#1655 40 days ago

I just traded for a GTF Deluxe today. I'm excited. Can anyone tell me the size of the hex wrench for the leg bolts. I did not get it unfortunately with the game. Thank you!

#1656 40 days ago
Quoted from nextplat12:

I just traded for a GTF Deluxe today. I'm excited. Can anyone tell me the size of the hex wrench for the leg bolts. I did not get it unfortunately with the game. Thank you!

Congrats. It should be in the coin box.

#1657 40 days ago
Quoted from nextplat12:

Can anyone tell me the size of the hex wrench for the leg bolts.

5/16

LTG : )

#1658 39 days ago

Big_Whoopin - Well spotted mate. You have a good eye for this. Yes it was the virtual lock. Thanks so much for that. I remember now i was playing with the difficulty settings as getting a bit fed up of Meltdown activating so quickly and also combining with Airstrike multi ball giving you 5 balls and never ending ball saves. Also turned down the times on these too.

Virtual lock off- Ball lock back to normal

#1659 39 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Big_Whoopin - Well spotted mate. You have a good eye for this. Yes it was the virtual lock. Thanks so much for that.

No prob, glad it was a simple fix for you! Cheers!

#1660 32 days ago

Updating and polishing code has always been one of AP's strengths with Josh and Ferret, but apparently they are letting this turn into another weakness. Zero communication about obvious bugs with the latest GTF code. Instead of the issues being a little frustrating knowing that they will be addressed soon enough, the radio silence provides one more reason to criticize AP and speculate about their future. Allocating limited resources to the new license themes won't save the day if they alienate their most loyal customers. Really pennywise, pound foolish.

#1661 32 days ago

My GTF is most likely sold and should be picked up this Saturday…pending inspection.

Good luck to you all.

Robert

#1662 27 days ago

Bye-Bye...

20240622_155026 (resized).jpg20240622_155026 (resized).jpg

#1664 25 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Bye-Bye...
[quoted image]

What a long strange trip it's been...

It's going to a good home tho, thanks again for hooking them up.

#1665 24 days ago

We are officially launching the UFO mod Thurs but added it to the site tonight if anyone is intersted.
Hookedonpinball.com

Will make a separate market post once the youtube vid goes live.
This is a simple yet effective mod that IMO is well needed to accentuate the light show.

#1666 24 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We are officially launching the UFO mod Thurs but added it to the site tonight if anyone is intersted.
Hookedonpinball.com
This is a simple yet effective mod that IMO is well needed to accentuate the light show.

Ordered, thanks!

#1667 24 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

Ordered!

#1668 23 days ago

All American Pinballs with the exception of Barry O's BBQ challenge are on sale thru July 12, 2024. We have most titles in stock. www.pinballtraders.com

4th of July Sale (resized).jpg4th of July Sale (resized).jpg
#1669 23 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

I'm in...order placed. Loving this game.

#1670 23 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I'm in...order placed. Loving this game.

Same, will be nice to get a little more light on the saucer.

#1671 22 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

i’d really like one but $40 shipping seems a bit excessive ??

#1672 21 days ago

Been working on improving game play and the sound system these past few weeks with the help of Vimtoman here in the UK with his 3D print skills - if you are interested give him a shout - Different colours are available - $ ask him

I can’t see anything on this game that needs modifying ( for game play ) bar the out lanes and the messy flipper area
I’m just an amateur who enjoys pinball so for me it’s hard enough to keep the ball on the field and watching it drain away down the outlane so quickly and without any effort, it was becoming disappointing
Also the ball getting jammed ontop of the flipper posts adj the Atomic Defence system and not really utilising the Lucky Break lanes was a bit of a downer

We came up with this set - Reduces out-lane drain from rebounds and also the gentle drains from the inlane area and side on direction

Regarding the flipper area i whipped out the posts as soon as i got the game and now we have a mould that allows a clean drain either way without any jamming and flows smoothly into the Lucky Break lanes

The ball will still get stuck if the Defence Shield is up and active regardless of what system you have as that’s a pinch point but the ball will move once the Sheild retracts

Some game play setting suggestions too to ease the all too quick meltdown activation and relentless ball save times especially if you have air strike and meltdown active at the same time ( note on multiball i am now getting on occasion the ball smashing the glass as the drain away system is working properly, so if one is draining and rolling over the shield and another hits the tank then “whack” goes your glass )
I have suggested to AP that they code out the shield during multiball events
For now i have fitted a sticky transparent rubber circle on the underside of the glass

Game play on Medium difficulty
Meltdown on extra hard
Turn down all ball saves to 5 or 10 seconds

Also on the sound front the following was done
New 8” sub - was on sale 70% off from £100 otherwise would have chosen same one as in CCR
Put the next model amp in , disconnected the tweeters to eliminate that shrill sound and just awaiting a small EQ to get more tuned in on the music
I’ve found some better speakers as they are a specific 3” square plate variant and not the usually 3.5” ones used like in CC but again waiting on them too

So now i can play longer and have a much more enjoyable game. I think im correct in stating this is a hard game ?! Well i find it hard and I own a TNA
The sound easy to have now on 6 or 7 - I get a bass rumble when hitting the tank which adds to the game atmosphere and no ear splitting high sound
My Amp has treble and bass on full and sub setting approx 1/3 of a turn

NOTE* The outlane mods are showing the ball jammed - We wanted to get a 1mm gap around the ball so this is prior to the final print
as we decided to change to outlane top mould by altering the radius ( see design photo ) D4C8CC2E-C42D-48B4-B5DC-B36774CB474A (resized).jpegD4C8CC2E-C42D-48B4-B5DC-B36774CB474A (resized).jpeg

1476FB33-18C0-4146-A576-F68E1DA524C3 (resized).jpeg1476FB33-18C0-4146-A576-F68E1DA524C3 (resized).jpeg373989b8-d305-4eb6-bbcf-f9a3ce5bb2c7 (resized).jpeg373989b8-d305-4eb6-bbcf-f9a3ce5bb2c7 (resized).jpegIMG_8066 (resized).jpegIMG_8066 (resized).jpegIMG_8117 (resized).jpegIMG_8117 (resized).jpegIMG_8202 (resized).jpegIMG_8202 (resized).jpegIMG_8203 (resized).jpegIMG_8203 (resized).jpegIMG_8204 (resized).jpegIMG_8204 (resized).jpegIMG_8207 (resized).jpegIMG_8207 (resized).jpeg Added 15 days ago:

Ok, so some final testing and the outline mods are finalised. We have smoothed off the curve on the outline post mod and based on peoples opinions there are 3 insane sizes giving the following distance. 30mm. 29mm 28mm. A ball is 26mm

Everyone is different. Maybe the outlanes don't bother you but the flipper mods will certainly sort out the mess there at present

Ill post photos further down

#1673 21 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hookedonpinball.com

Just snagged one, thanks for the heads up!

#1674 21 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

i’d really like one but $40 shipping seems a bit excessive ??

Its automatic calculation.
Shoot me your address and I can do a manual order for any EU or AU customers.

Looks like to UK $7 in a non tracked letter or $20 in a small box. AU should be similar.
Prices are based on USPS first class.

#1675 21 days ago
Quoted from SeikoKid:

Been working on improving game play and the sound system these past few weeks with the help of Vimtoman here in the UK with his 3D print skills - if you are interested give him a shout - Different colours are available - $ ask him
Also the ball getting jammed ontop of the flipper posts adj the Atomic Defence system and not really utilising the Lucky Break lanes was a bit of a downer
We came up with this set - Reduces out-lane drain from rebounds and also the gentle drains from the inlane area and side on direction
Regarding the flipper area i whipped out the posts as soon as i got the game and now we have a mould that allows a clean drain either way without any jamming and flows smoothly into the Lucky Break lanes
The ball will still get stuck if the Defence Shield is up and active regardless of what system you have as that’s a pinch point but the ball will move once the Sheild retracts

I like this setup! A lot simpler than what I was thinking of which would replace the post and the inner lucky break rail. Hopefully they hold up well!

#1676 21 days ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I like this setup! A lot simpler than what I was thinking of which would replace the post and the inner lucky break rail. Hopefully they hold up well!

That was my original idea too but Andrew presented this idea on the 2nd attempt and i went with it - i’ve tried several different shape and size posts with larger rubbers which did work well but this clears the balls the most efficiently
Main issue is a ball sitting perfectly top of a post rubber and then the bottom of the flipper rubber acts as a grip and by the time it takes to clear it by repeatedly pressing the flipper quickly you get too distracted from the game or the ball save runs out if active

#1677 20 days ago

So, I decided to start lighting up my DE (I love this game), so I put some purple LED strips on the center of the backbox, and Myth Pinball's undercab lighting kit for "static" effect lighting...

And then I decided that I wanted a bit of integration as well.

I then added three bright-white LED strips on the left side of the undercab, and one on the left side of the backbox, tied into the left-side white flasher above the back of the playfield. I then did the same thing on the right side, and tied it into the right-side white flasher.

This video isn't the greatest illustration, and doesn't quite do the experience justice. Among other things, you can't see the backbox lighting well, because the wall behind it isn't in view, but it'll give you a brief example of how it looks. (Video brightness was dimmed to ~25% to record, because the playfield was getting totally washed out by the game's amazing lightshow.)

#1678 20 days ago

UFO mod vid is up on youtube now.
Its also on the product page Hookedonpinball.com

#1679 20 days ago

What are the rear playfield 2 white LEDs for ? I mean what are they linked to?

Had a whopper tonight. Airstrike - whilst active set off Meltdown and then to top it off Cowabunga

5 balls but with my ball save time reduced it wasent a prolonged tiring chaotic event. And actually didn’t last that long
Seems on the playfield or in the bedroom it’s all the same old shit for me

I’m yet to achieve a badge yet have completed milk o matic several times and been awarded them ? ……. confusing

#1680 19 days ago

Does anyone have the latest firmware changlog yet? I haven't seen it posted.

#1681 18 days ago

It's still a mystery

#1682 18 days ago

Release Notes tab right is next to the download tab. Been there since it was released.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1683 17 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Release Notes tab right is next to the download tab. Been there since it was released.
[quoted image]

He's probably referring to the latest code v24.04.08 from April. No notes and the link just goes back to the same page (acts like a reload)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The Barry O's updated on 22/MAY is the only update since 19JAN that has included notes and you have to click the link to get to it.

#1684 15 days ago

Additional info added to original post above but here are photos of them. Colour is personal preference, I found purple blended in the best with the playfield

its probably also Andrews fav colour too.....

Vimtoman for info on attaining these mods

32940654-C0A7-4D55-B73B-19F04938D0B2 (resized).jpeg32940654-C0A7-4D55-B73B-19F04938D0B2 (resized).jpeg7083AA96-73C1-4667-81F9-86941EB0A90F (resized).jpeg7083AA96-73C1-4667-81F9-86941EB0A90F (resized).jpegIMG_8306 (resized).jpegIMG_8306 (resized).jpeg
#1685 11 days ago

HOOKED - Received and installed

IMG_8337 (resized).jpegIMG_8337 (resized).jpegIMG_8338 (resized).jpegIMG_8338 (resized).jpeg
#1686 10 days ago

I get to play free tonight! So ill deduct moneys i think deep in my heart dave owes me and report back.

GtF!!

#1687 9 days ago

PC83-8 Dayton speaker arrived to try out. Went for the top range but it was slightly oval. Little trim with the flap disc on my grinder and voila. Its not shielded like the OEM but there is nothing behind it and none of my other pins have shielded speakers so not too worried about that

The sound is night and day - will upgrade the left when more come into stock

IMG_8387 (resized).jpegIMG_8387 (resized).jpegIMG_8388 (resized).jpegIMG_8388 (resized).jpegIMG_8389 (resized).jpegIMG_8389 (resized).jpeg
#1688 9 days ago

I dont have much nice to say ... report finished

#1689 8 days ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I dont have much nice to say ... report finished

I regret buying one nearly every time I play it. Ball count accuracy is pretty basic shit, but AP gives zero fucks.

$4k by xmas

#1690 7 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I regret buying one nearly every time I play it. Ball count accuracy is pretty basic shit, but AP gives zero fucks.
$4k by xmas

Can I ask, is the ball count issue you're seeing on single player games or multi player games, or both?

#1691 6 days ago

Just sent mine down the road on a trade. Never been happier to see something leave my house. I can say confidently that I will never buy another AP pin again. Good luck to all of you who still have GTF. I hope you all get the support and code fixes that you deserve. Cheers!

#1692 6 days ago

Both. The issues are 100% repeatable and reproducible. They are not stray or flakey opto/switch issues. I provided AP with logs, detailed instructions, and even video of the bugs.

#1693 6 days ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Just sent mine down the road on a trade. Never been happier to see something leave my house. I can say confidently that I will never buy another AP pin again. Good luck to all of you who still have GTF. I hope you all get the support and code fixes that you deserve. Cheers!

What did you get for it? I’m thinking about trading my deluxe

#1694 5 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What did you get for it? I’m thinking about trading my deluxe

Sent you a message

#1695 5 days ago

Anyone in North California looking to trade their GTF? I have a venom premium with tons of mods I will trade for it.

#1696 4 days ago

For those of you deluxe owners that want some under the cab lighting check out my mod on our FB page.

We need 5 kits ordered to make it worth while so just PM me here or on FB.

If anyone wants a kit https://www.facebook.com/HookedOnPinball/ hop on the list and I can work up a price- price goes down with a larger build.
Will leave the list open till the end of the month and see where we are at.

Theis under the cab is a RGB tied into the factory driver and works seamlessly the the stadium factory lights (unlike the tank tracks).
This will be a plug in and play kit fully reversable no soldering required.

#1697 4 days ago
Quoted from Midgard:

Anyone in North California looking to trade their GTF? I have a venom premium with tons of mods I will trade for it.

If I was by you I would trade. Michigan is a trip though . Good luck, I hope you find someone

#1698 4 days ago

Anyone have the part number for the motor that makes the robot go in and out of the tank? Mine grinds a bit, and sometimes doesn't work.

#1699 4 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

For those of you deluxe owners that want some under the cab lighting check out my mod on our FB page.
We need 5 kits ordered to make it worth while so just PM me here or on FB.
If anyone wants a kit https://www.facebook.com/HookedOnPinball/ hop on the list and I can work up a price- price goes down with a larger build.
Will leave the list open till the end of the month and see where we are at.
Theis under the cab is a RGB tied into the factory driver and works seamlessly the the stadium factory lights (unlike the tank tracks).
This will be a plug in and play kit fully reversable no soldering required.

EDIT: Please disregard

#1700 4 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Both. The issues are 100% repeatable and reproducible. They are not stray or flakey opto/switch issues. I provided AP with logs, detailed instructions, and even video of the bugs.

And it's absolutely not a need to redownload and reinstall code? I ask only because I'm not really running into these ball count issues regularly, as far as I can tell... I'm getting an occasional 2-ball multiball once every 15-20 games or so, but it's pretty intermittent...

Are there steps I can take to try to reproduce the ball count issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
There are 1,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.