(Topic ID: 334148)

Galactic Tank Force Owners Club - Get your ice cream here!

By flynnibus

12 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,318 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Method_Own
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Chipping Below Tank Magnet (resized).jpg
20240319_102848 (resized).jpg
20240319_105217 (resized).jpg
09BB1311-E0F2-4ECB-B592-6CCAC79F2A35 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1245.gif
20240311_194729 (resized).jpg
IMG_3618 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3608 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231023_001057686 (resized).jpg
IMG_8045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240308_212812 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240307_111239 (resized).jpg
IMG_0086 (resized).jpeg
GTF corner (resized).jpg
20240225_014431 (resized).jpg
IMG_7905 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.
#101 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Played the new code tonight. Big improvement. A+

Great to hear. Looking forward to playing GTF next week at Allentown. Hope it has the new code.

#102 11 months ago

Buzz on GTF has come to a halt. 6 more days til Allentown and some cool news. Stay tuned.

#103 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Buzz on GTF has come to a halt. 6 more days til Allentown and some cool news. Stay tuned.

Buzz for the game still out there despite the forum!
GSPF (Golden State Pinball Festival) will have at least 2 DE to play at the show end of May.
Should be a blast!

#104 11 months ago

Unfortunately we are seeing the reboots with the new code... seems to be around video playback from our limited experience so far. We've shared logs.. hopefully American get it sorted quickly.

#105 11 months ago

When does this ship!? We are ready!

#106 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Some distributors already have LE models in stock, so they have been going out. AP was running hot wheels on one line and GTF on the other and will run GTF on both lines once hot wheels finishes (which is soon).

#107 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

When does this ship?

Yes, I'm getting a bit impatient too.

I have a Deluxe on order, from hour 1, but my distributor doesn't get the first ones made. He waits until about 100 - 200 are made, then he takes his deliveries.

He says that way the bugs are worked out in the manufacturing process, though in this case I'd expect most issues to be worked out with the LE's.

Robert

#108 11 months ago

Ray Johnson at Action Pinball used to be on Pinside years ago. Gave lots of tips and help. I still buy from him occasionally, but since I've sold my all older games I don't need many replacement parts anymore.

Ray's a good guy, I miss him on Pinside.

Robert

#109 11 months ago

I paid up today on my Deluxe show game that will be at Pinfest this Friday. My distro will also have an LE at the show and it was available as of yesterday. Not sure if the other AP distro will have it in their booth too.

#110 10 months ago

70482623362__A6038DC3-3274-4160-8F8F-DE22968CF1F2 (resized).jpeg70482623362__A6038DC3-3274-4160-8F8F-DE22968CF1F2 (resized).jpeg

70482672815__545B0604-F513-43D7-90E0-FF286235F0C2 (resized).jpeg70482672815__545B0604-F513-43D7-90E0-FF286235F0C2 (resized).jpeg70482700569__B7C7C88E-0806-463B-A7EF-82B96A59870B (resized).jpeg70482700569__B7C7C88E-0806-463B-A7EF-82B96A59870B (resized).jpeg

#111 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

#018, nice.

#112 10 months ago

I'm convinced now the PF hole for the center post is just too small. It's impossible to get the up post to not drag/snag on the edges since it's made of this high friction rubber too. They should have used a traditional post plastic. I'm just about ready to break out the sand paper and try enlarging the hole myself.

Bumping the up post power to about 25-30 makes the post come up reliably... but it still fails to drop 100% reliably... usually taking some shaking or other effort to break free and drop fully. And that's after doing my best to find the spot of least resistance.. the slop in movement just means it will catch the edge closest to the player anyways due to gravity.

Oh, and turn off tournament mode - there are reboots with video animations in the current code if tournament mode is on.

#113 10 months ago

No, # 018 is an LE behind my Deluxe. I am # 035.

#114 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

They are shipping now. My LE just came in and my buddies DLX came in a few days ago. There are more LE's out there right now at distributors. It appears that most of the deluxe games were made mainly for pinball show games but it is possible to find someone to sell you an unopened new deluxe game too. The advantage of getting a show game is it would be cheaper, maybe $1000 off vs paying list price on a NIB game.
GTFDLX1 (resized).jpgGTFDLX1 (resized).jpg

#115 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

They are shipping now. My LE just came in and my buddies DLX came in a few days ago. There are more LE's out there right now at distributors. It appears that most of the deluxe games were made mainly for pinball show games but it is possible to find someone to sell you an unopened new deluxe game too. The advantage of getting a show game is it would be cheaper, maybe $1000 off vs paying list price on a NIB game.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip. Did your LE come with any updates or modifications to the tank target area yet or will that come later?

#116 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for the tip. Did your LE come with any updates or modifications to the tank target area or will that come later?

they keep saying 'when its ready'

#117 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thanks for the tip. Did your LE come with any updates or modifications to the tank target area yet or will that come later?

The tank target bank bracket has not been shipped yet. Anyone with a current game will be sent the new bracket(s) when they are available from AP.

#118 10 months ago

Something else to watch out… I got my Deluxe home from it being at Allentown on Friday. Only had about 130 plays at the show. The right sling plastic is already broken and both have cracks along the edges. I installed washers under them but an oversized protector is needed. Can’t say it was airballs but my targets are needing support. Did notice the slings are very tight on the 3 posts and don’t have any room to move so might be stress cracks (sling kickers or shaker) rather than from ball strikes. Game comes with promo plastics and a spare set of slings but until the tank target issues is addressed, I am not going to swap them.

My distributor is taking care of a new set of slings along with a couple other issues.

Love the game !IMG_3314 (resized).jpegIMG_3314 (resized).jpegIMG_3315 (resized).jpegIMG_3315 (resized).jpegIMG_3316 (resized).jpegIMG_3316 (resized).jpegIMG_3318 (resized).jpegIMG_3318 (resized).jpeg

#119 10 months ago

There were 4 GTF’s at Pinfest Allentown. CoinTaker and PinballSTAR each had a Deluxe and an LE. I asked my distributor about buying a show game when I placed my deposit in March and got first dibs. CoinTakers Deluxe sold by Friday morning. Not sure if the LE’s sold or not. IMG_3280 (resized).jpegIMG_3280 (resized).jpegIMG_3296 (resized).jpegIMG_3296 (resized).jpeg

#120 10 months ago

Got a chance to play this at Allentown this weekend. This is just my thoughts. I played, TGF, GTF, Scooby Doo and Queen. Again, at a show like this, you can't hear crap, don't really know the rule set or don't really have time to enjoy and get into the game. With that being said, the game I enjoyed the most was GTF.

#121 10 months ago

I was at Pinfest on Saturday. I played all the new pins except PF (line too long). I thought GTF was the best of the bunch.

#122 10 months ago

These games look fantastic. Thanks for sharing your feedback and pics of them set up in game rooms!

#123 10 months ago

regarding tank targets.

while I understand AP is working on ways to reinforce them, it's quite disappointing just how poor the design of this feature was on initial release, especially given the lengthy development time plus additional delays.

#124 10 months ago

Family Friendly mode ? Fudge NO !
Haven’t heard a true F bomb but there are some pretty funny puns. Game has to be played in a quiet environment to appreciate. Promo fobs, stickers and extra plastics. Still no manual or game swag on the AP site.

I also need to turn up the power on the left VUK for the ball lock. Houdini took 3 tries to lock the 3rd ball BUT Duke would give a different and more urgent callout after the failed tries. Thought THAT was cool.

IMG_3329 (resized).jpegIMG_3329 (resized).jpegIMG_3330 (resized).jpegIMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
#125 10 months ago

Allentown has a local ice cream place called The Udder Bar within walking distance of the Fairgrounds. I treated my distro Joe Newhart and his crew to some desert because I am such a nice guy.
Didn’t have any myself but will have Cincinnati’s Graeter’s instead.

IMG_3331 (resized).jpegIMG_3331 (resized).jpeg

#126 10 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, I'm getting a bit impatient too.
I have a Deluxe on order, from hour 1, but my distributor doesn't get the first ones made

Keep the faith. It is worth the wait.

#127 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Something else to watch out… I got my Deluxe home from it being at Allentown on Friday. Only had about 130 plays at the show. The right sling plastic is already broken and both have cracks along the edges. I installed washers under them but an oversized protector is needed. Can’t say it was airballs but my targets are needing support. Did notice the slings are very tight on the 3 posts and don’t have any room to move so might be stress cracks (sling kickers or shaker) rather than from ball strikes. Game comes with promo plastics and a spare set of slings but until the tank target issues is addressed, I am not going to swap them.
My distributor is taking care of a new set of slings along with a couple other issues.
Love the game ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

130 plays and the slings broke... No washers under them.

It really seems like nobody at AP play tested production prototypes of this machine. Hope they get it sorted out before they ship too many of these.

The plastics are usually made 1 sheet for a full set right? Hopefully you get a full set so you have spares.

#128 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

130 plays and the slings broke... No washers under them.
It really seems like nobody at AP play tested production prototypes of this machine. Hope they get it sorted out before they ship too many of these.
The plastics are usually made 1 sheet for a full set right? Hopefully you get a full set so you have spares.

I give AP a pass on this. No one is immune. Stern's Foo Fighter left ramp plastic top plastic has broken on nearly EVERY game, some even on the first play. Operators are resorting to cutting their own out of thicker plastic. Game did come with a spare set of sling plastics but my distro is getting me another set as well.

#129 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I give AP a pass on this. No one is immune. Stern's Foo Fighter left ramp plastic top plastic has broken on nearly EVERY game, some even on the first play. Operators are resorting to cutting their own out of thicker plastic. Game did come with a spare set of sling plastics but my distro is getting me another set as well.

All mando ramps broke as well. Then you have the RUSH clock issues and playfield wear around the scoop. JJP playfield pooling/chipping. It happens. No manufacturer is immune unfortunately. It’s how they respond that makes the difference.

#130 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Love the game ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Had identical break at expo. The lack of fender washers. Let us know if you have any screw length issues

#131 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Allentown has a local ice cream place called The Udder Bar within walking distance of the Fairgrounds. I treated my distro Joe Newhart and his crew to some desert because I am such a nice guy.
[quoted image]

Whoa; those ice cream cups look great. I'd save them for use as quarter cups.

Looking at their web site; that's an exceptional Ice Cream Truck. Those Ice Cream Waffles look incredible.

QuarterBucket.jpgQuarterBucket.jpg
#132 10 months ago

It’s good to hear people enjoyed the game after playing it… instead of endless conclusions from people who haven’t and would not listen to those who had.

Still waiting on our target brackets tho . This is getting a bit absurd. I didn’t want to get into the cycle of bending back because they’ll weaken and just fail entirely eventually… but no updates at all from AP.

Also, tournament operators should be careful about opening the door during play. 1 - going to menus ends current game. And 2 - we’ve seen a connection between coin door open play and the endless ball feeding bug.

#133 10 months ago

Are there any differences as far as the playfield goes w/ the 3 different models?

#134 10 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Are there any differences as far as the playfield goes w/ the 3 different models?

No

#135 10 months ago

Not an owner yet, but I did want to drop in for a quick visit and share that I tried Foo Fighters, Godfather and GTF at Allentown, and GTF was hands-down the most fun for me. Not gonna weigh in on which of those has a "better" design, but everything about GTF was, for me, incredibly fun. Loved the vid clips, the art package and especially the theme. Definitely hoping to get one someday. Cheers to all of you owners!

*gently receding backwards into the shadows*

#136 10 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

gently receding backwards into the shadows*

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gifhomer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
#137 10 months ago

following this thread. much better than the other GTF thread I'm in on a deluxe but I'll wait till a later run or buy a HUO when someone sells.

#138 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

[quoted image]

Buying your distributor and crew ice cream will get you all sorts of special perks ! Lol. Very nice gesture TY very much. Even though I got last pick and I got a blue ice cream - bramblebumbleberry or something !
Joe

#139 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Buying your distributor and crew ice cream will get you all sorts of special perks ! Lol. Very nice gesture TY very much. Even though I got last pick and I got a blue ice cream - bramblebumbleberry or something !
Joe

It was Black Raspberry.

I'll go one up... bring a Punchy to Brad and I will take both of you to one of Jeff Ruby's steakhouses in Cincinnati AND then we'll top it off with Graeter's Ice Cream.

#140 10 months ago

Fellow GTF owners-

I have sent a spare sling shot plastic and a trace of the bottom return lane plastic to Upkick Pinball in Houston, TX to create 1/16" thick clear and 1/8" thick colored protectors for my game. They will eventually get added to their on-line store but you can contact Dave at Upkick if you would like to place an order sooner.

Not sure if AP is planning these protectors to go along with the tank target fix so I decided to get this rolling.

#141 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Fellow GTF owners-
I have sent a spare sling shot plastic and a trace of the bottom return lane plastic to Upkick Pinball in Houston, TX to create 1/16" thick clear and 1/8" thick colored protectors for my game. They will eventually get added to their on-line store but you can contact Dave at Upkick if you would like to place an order sooner.
Not sure if AP is planning these protectors to go along with the tank target fix so I decided to get this rolling.

I sincerely appreciate you doing this for fellow owners. You rock!

#142 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Fellow GTF owners-

I am planning on buying this game despite all the hate on the other thread. My obvious question on the center tank is how they are fixing. AS soon as I saw the first pic I knew it was too close. Are they making targets stiffer? diff angle to deflect ball to the side?

#143 10 months ago

Its been said there is a bracket getting designed that keeps the targets from bending backward. I would assume all owners will get this bracket and it will be a non-issue.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

I am planning on buying this game despite all the hate on the other thread. My obvious question on the center tank is how they are fixing. AS soon as I saw the first pic I knew it was too close. Are they making targets stiffer? diff angle to deflect ball to the side?

#144 10 months ago

The LE Cointaker had at Allentown is sat up at his Pinbar, I played it this past Friday.

#145 10 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its been said there is a bracket getting designed that keeps the targets from bending backward. I would assume all owners will get this bracket and it will be a non-issue.

Happy AP is sorting this out up front before more games go out. It may be a bit frustrating and slow for some, but shows a commitment to quality I appreciate. It is one of the reasons I will likely support this game and vote with my wallet. Look forward to playing it again this weekend at GSPF!

#146 10 months ago

I thought they sold a bunch of these. Didn’t they say there was 2000 sold? I want to play one before buying. I’ve only seen a few show pics of getting one. Have they been slow to get out or was the 2k sold just a rumor?

I’m hoping on of the local arcades here get one soon! I’m excited to try it

#147 10 months ago

Just got mine today, first AP pin and a dumb question but are there instructions somewhere for putting this tank together?

#148 10 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Have they been slow to get out or was the 2k sold just a rumor?

Alternatively, it could be complete BS

#149 10 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I thought they sold a bunch of these. Didn’t they say there was 2000 sold? I want to play one before buying. I’ve only seen a few show pics of getting one. Have they been slow to get out or was the 2k sold just a rumor?
I’m hoping on of the local arcades here get one soon! I’m excited to try it

Not a chance they sold 2,000. Pinside owners it shows 18 people. Pinside of course is not all buyers but this leads me to believe that they maybe sold a couple 100 or so at best.

#150 10 months ago

Shout out to David at Upkick Pinball in Houston, TX for making me various colored and clear (blue film) protectors for the slings and bottom lane guide plastics. Will take installed pictures and post later tonight.

IMG_3439 (resized).jpegIMG_3439 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 1,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.