67 days ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Galactic (resized).jpg
Galactic2 (resized).jpg

#1 67 days ago

My custom 3D-printed posts were recently featured at the 2020 Pinball Expo and I wanted to continue exploring other interesting options. I created these today and they're some of my favorites now -- Galactic Posts, for space-themed games!

Galactic Posts by Rocket City Pinball

Galactic Posts are printed from black filament infused with glitter flakes, which makes them twinkle like the stars! The photos don't do them justice at all -- the flakes actually reflect light and shine with various intensity, looking just like a starry night sky. These are perfect for any space-themed game!

Galactic Posts by Rocket City Pinball

Here's a video showing it a little better, but their true depth and sparkle can only be truly appreciated in real life:

FAQ: Will 3D printed posts hold up to being bashed by a pinball? A: Yes! I have them in various machines with no problems, for a few reasons: 1) I print them with a high amount of infill to ensure they are very strong, 2) the rubber absorbs much of the impact, and 3) the screw holding it to the playfield provides compression in the post.

Plain posts are boring; personalize, refresh, and make your playfield pop with custom color posts from Rocket City Pinball! Visit http://rocketcitypinball.com for more unusual post types, like gold, silver, copper, wood, marble, bright green, purple, black, and an assortment of other colors. My Pinside shop (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball) is also populated with these and other products!

Footnote -- in case you missed it and would like to watch my segment at Expo ... this includes my personal pinball background, my photography, and then how I stumbled onto the idea of printing posts (starting with gold) and subsequent exploration of other colors:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside