(Topic ID: 235305)

Gabba Gabba Hey! Bring on The Ramones! (With Poll)

By pinballlife

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Gabba Gabba Hey - Ramones Pinball?”

• Ramones Rule, bring on the machine! 113 votes
      60%
    • Ramones Do Not Rule, bury the idea 70 votes
      37%
    • I heart Joey 6 votes
      3%

(189 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture+_2022-05-04-06-26-05 (resized).png
    193253EA-0B9A-4DE1-83C4-D1B4E8DD5F1E (resized).jpeg
    5E89A83D-D66E-4269-B31B-4BA3EC3695F9 (resized).jpeg
    Standing_in_the_Spotlight (resized).jpg
    3A668418-C021-4B08-BB14-4F1AFEC3416F (resized).png
    16057555826805781653142323988975 (resized).jpg
    16057432858724428662434292715144 (resized).jpg
    20201114_104553 (resized).jpg
    20201114_075631 (resized).jpg
    532b6192936725659e40726ae6d50a83--tommy-ramone-ramones (resized).jpg
    IMG_0010 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0009 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0023 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181204_180408_01 (resized).jpg
    rock-o-meter (resized).png
    rat_fish_tank (resized).png
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago

Jesus H Christ 50 posts in and no love for Commando?

#52 5 years ago

Damn Dayhuff didn't realize you were such a huge Ramones fan. Guess I'll be prioritizing yer party next year lol. I've been wantin to come for years that's just always a busy weekend with kids. Next year THE KIDS ON THEY OWN.

#53 5 years ago

Dirty Donny would be perfect
    Needs short ball times
    I heart Johnny

#54 5 years ago

One more time for those in the back....
    DIRTY DONNY WOULD BE PERFECT
    I voted I ❤Johnny too.
    Wart Hog still my favorite Ramones for 30+ years always will be cause I ❤ Dee Dee more.

#55 5 years ago

Always liked that one...

I hope it doesn't get made. Can't afford NIB and I live well with my second rate collection but this would be too much to bear.

#56 5 years ago

we're all dead Ramones

#57 5 years ago

“Ay daddyo I don’t wanna go downnn to the basement / your pinball friends there / I don’t wanna go / hey! John Trudeau / I don’t wanna go downnnn to the base”

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn Dayhuff didn't realize you were such a huge Ramones fan. Guess I'll be prioritizing yer party next year lol. I've been wantin to come for years that's just always a busy weekend with kids. Next year THE KIDS ON THEY OWN.

We'll yeah!! I don't just hang any poster in the workshop/office you know. I mean, wall space is at a premium these days, only the cool stuff gets hanging privileges.

John

IMG_0023 (resized).JPGIMG_0023 (resized).JPG
    #59 5 years ago

Whoops....two more pics from the other end of the basement.

John

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG
    #60 5 years ago

Richie Ramone would kick Marky Ramones ass.

#61 5 years ago

One of my favorite songs by them.

#62 5 years ago

"If you're not in it, you're out of it."

#63 5 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of band pins. I'm partial to self made games. Yet I can get behind a ramones pin.

But if I had 1 band to base a pin on, it would be gwar. Think of the possibilities there.

#64 5 years ago

Anyone else hear the weeping choir of all Pinsiders under 30?
    NO MORE GRANDPA ROCK FFS

#65 5 years ago

Gabba Gabba Hey how about NO.

#66 5 years ago

When I think of the Ramones I always think of this pic. Quintessential NYC badassery. Backglass or right smack on the pf? DD style, of course.
    532b6192936725659e40726ae6d50a83--tommy-ramone-ramones (resized).jpg532b6192936725659e40726ae6d50a83--tommy-ramone-ramones (resized).jpg

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

So make one!

It's a conflict of interests. Becoming a pinball machine manufacturer would ruin my relationship with all the other pinball machine manufacturing companies. I know my place (and it's a good one) and I know where I fit in the bigger picture.

Besides, it all sounds WAY too hard.

Another company needs to build this game so I can give them my money.

Terry

#68 5 years ago

Scoregasm was a fun *bucket list* project.
    Love it or hate it,, I'm very proud of what the Day One Pinball team made. IMHO, it's a modern, unique take on a completely outdated idea. I knew from, uh, day one that it was not a profitable idea. That was never the point. We did it for the experience of simply doing it. Oh, and it was also a good reason to get together a couple times a week to hang out and have few beers and do about 45 minutes of work over a 4 hour period.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Scoregasm was a fun *bucket list* project.
    Love it or hate it,, I'm very proud of what the Day One Pinball team made. IMHO, it's a modern, unique take on a completely outdated idea. I knew from, uh, day one that it was not a profitable idea. That was never the point. We did it for the experience of simply doing it. Oh, and it was also a good reason to get together a couple times a week to hang out and have few beers and do about 45 minutes of work over a 4 hour period.

I love it. Played it when you first had it at the Kalamazoo show. Not a game I'm probably going to buy, but very fun. Nice work on your part and something you should be justifiably proud of doing.
    Now, about making a Ramones game..........

#70 5 years ago

Best B side ever - Carbona Not Glue.

#71 5 years ago

None as good as the originals but man I loved that We're a Happy Family album. John Frusciante stands out for sure amongst others, esp this one

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

It's a conflict of interests. Becoming a pinball machine manufacturer would ruin my relationship with all the other pinball machine manufacturing companies. I know my place (and it's a good one) and I know where I fit in the bigger picture.
    Terry

Can't speak for others, but we would not hold it against you, but I understand your position. and yes, way too hard!

#73 5 years ago

WWW.HELLYEA.COM
    that would be a MUST have. I have always loved the Ramones. I was lucky enough to see them several times. once at a free concert at Golden Gate park in SFO 1979 I think.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jesus H Christ 50 posts in and no love for Commando?

I am partial to Kosher salami.

#75 5 years ago

Wow didn't realize Frusciante recorded 2 versions of "Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World". Also didn't realize the actual lyrics to this were "I'm a nazi baby I'm a nazi yes I am." Joey you freakin shit stirrer you. Only a Jewish punk pioneer band like the Ramones could pull off some shit like that. And John Frusciante, cause heroin.

1 year later
    #76 3 years ago

Digging this one up...
    Never been a better time for a Ramones pin. They are bigger than ever.

#77 3 years ago

Dream theme. Would love a black and white version kinda like munsters.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry

It wouldn't be a conflict of interest if someone were to do a homebrew and another "manufacturer" did a small run. you clearly want one badly, and there's plenty of local talent that would pitch in. Hell I'd even throw in some free work.

#79 3 years ago

It’s gotta have short ball times and I’m in.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

It’s gotta have short ball times and I’m in.

Ball ends when the song ends if you don't drain first.

#81 3 years ago

Gabba gabby heyll yeah!

#82 3 years ago

The game for people who don’t have a lot of spare time.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

They are bigger than ever.

They are? I'm not arguing for or against that, just curious why you think so.

#84 3 years ago

Until there is a Ramones pin, I wanna be sedated....

#86 3 years ago

I’m totally in on this. Someone make it please!!

#87 3 years ago

Instant buy for me, I have no room left so will have to go in the kitchen.
    Gabba Gabba Hey!

#88 3 years ago

Do you remember rock and roll radio?

20201114_104553 (resized).jpg20201114_104553 (resized).jpg
    #89 3 years ago

I saw the Ramones at the Paladium in Worcester in '85... they played for 45 minutes and the mosh pit tore out the first four rows of seats... literally yanked stomped and kicked them into piles of bent scrap metal... it was punk AF in overdrive. Only other show I went to that was even close was seeing X at Bullfrogs in New Haven when Billy Zoom clocked this one dude with his guitar because he was slam dancing and ricocheted off this one girl, knocking her out and went flying head first at Billy... Here's the pitch, the batter eyes the ball... and it's a HIT! Going... going... gone! The bouncers tossed his limp rag doll ass out the side door and we all went on to have a great time. Now if thats not punk, nothing is.

#90 3 years ago

#92 3 years ago

Terry, you're looking at all of this the wrong way. All you need to do is a proof of concept. Yes. All the hard work and bring it to Spooky for production. You get to get together with the guys for 4 hours and do 45 minutes worth of work while the empty beer bottles pile up and once the rough game is finished hand it off to Charlie for polish and production. It's so you!

#94 3 years ago

Truly the greatest American rock band. Love ‘em!

#95 3 years ago

I'm Against It!

(Not really though. Love the Ramones)

#96 3 years ago
    16057432858724428662434292715144 (resized).jpg16057432858724428662434292715144 (resized).jpg
    #97 3 years ago

Somehow, some way, we gotta get this off of the ground. Tried to talk Scott into a one-off machine just for fun, but apparently it didn't seem very *fun* to him.

#98 3 years ago
    16057555826805781653142323988975 (resized).jpg16057555826805781653142323988975 (resized).jpg
    #99 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Tried to talk Scott into a one-off machine just for fun, but apparently it didn't seem very *fun* to him.

Tell him he can remix all the songs into dance versions for the game, but then just put the real ones in.

#100 3 years ago

Anyone remember The Ramones appearing on The Uncle Floyd Show?

3A668418-C021-4B08-BB14-4F1AFEC3416F (resized).png3A668418-C021-4B08-BB14-4F1AFEC3416F (resized).png
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gabba-gabba-hey-bring-on-the-ramones/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.