(Topic ID: 177063)

FYI...MODS and DENVER AREA PEOPLE PLEASE READ...

By mizzou

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0374 (resized).png
    IMG_20170112_004435 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    2017-01-12-08-44-58-731825689 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 8.40.18 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 9.08.41 AM (resized).png
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 11.23.19 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 9.03.34 AM (resized).png
    IMG_8544 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3364 (resized).JPG
    interesting (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_3880 (resized).png
    Screenshot_3878 (resized).png
    Screenshot_3877 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

This was originally posted over on KLOV http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=393785

it would appear a person is attempting to open an arcade museum in the Denver area who is a registered sex offender. There also appears to be a thread on pinside here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-arcade-museum-opening-in-denver-colorado

#2 7 years ago

What is the offense in question?

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Attempt Sexual Assault On A Child (2 counts)

#4 7 years ago

Uff that's some bad news.

"NEW ARCADE MUSEUM opening in DENVER COLORADO! We need your Help! looking for donations of $$,, but we Also need pinballs , video games from the '80s and volunteers for labor and game fixin and cleanin... must be 17+" <---- Yeah I bet they do

#5 7 years ago

lol. Well, if they can't open without money then they are in trouble based on their fund raising effort to date. $15 out of their goal of $100,000? Good luck!

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brickshot:

$15 out of their goal of $100,000? Good luck!

"This has been a life long dream, and we'll we just ran out of money........"

We were just a "tad off course" with the projections, around 100K that's all

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is the Pinside Lonny the same one on the registry? That is worth verifying before taking further action.

The Colorado sex offender registry entry is here. https://www.colorado.gov/apps/cdps/sor/search/search-detail.jsf?id=X002460774

Stolen pictures from a legit arcade used on the GoFundMe page.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Stolen pictures from a legit arcade used on the GoFundMe page.

Wow - that's beyond shady. Time to contact GoFundMe and tell them to take the page down.

#9 7 years ago

Sexually Violent Predator
    Multiple Offender
    Felony Conviction

Man WTF

#10 7 years ago

Dealt with Lonny once many years when I first got into arcade collecting. He had a huge warehouse of games, showed me around, and talked about opening a museum. It was a few months later I found out about his offense(s).

Edit: looks like the past few years have been rough for him. Lol.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sexually Violent Predator
    Multiple Offender
    Felony Conviction
    Man WTF

Could mean 18yo was with 17yo gf when mommy came home. Criminal "justice" system lacks credibility so I'd like to see the facts in the case.
    Could be horrible, could be nothing.

#12 7 years ago

Could mean 18yo was with 17yo gf when mommy came home.

No. He was 31 when sentenced for one of these crimes as stated on the page.

Plus, it's calorado

Close-in-age: In Colorado, a person who is under 15 can legally consent to have sex with someone who is no more than 4 years older. Additionally, a person under 17 can legally consent to sex with a person who is no more than 10 years older.

#13 7 years ago

Could mean 18yo was with 17yo gf when mommy came home. Criminal "justice" system lacks credibility so I'd like to see the facts in the case.

No way. It was definitely a serious crime to get that distinction of "sexually violent predator". Forced sodomy for sure.

Lonny (resized).jpgLonny (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Yeah... Asking for volunteers... But must be 17 years old or more... Says a lot.

#15 7 years ago

His file says he was born in 1969. He was arrested in 2000 so not an 18 and 17 yo thing, though that does happen

#16 7 years ago

he definitely owns the building.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Close-in-age: In Colorado, a person who is under 15 can legally consent to have sex with someone who is no more than 4 years older. Additionally, a person under 17 can legally consent to sex with a person who is no more than 10 years older.

Those laws sound much more reasonable than most statutory laws I have heard about. It always seemed ridiculous to me that a Senior in high school and a sophomore in high school that are both consenting could be committing a crime. The 4 years older part gives some reason to it.

#18 7 years ago

PERVERT ALERT!!!

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brickshot:

Forced sodomy for sure.

How do you know that? That seems like a pretty serious accusation.

#20 7 years ago

i reported the go fund me page and suggested to others to do so as well in the thread he created.

#21 7 years ago

Well, I wondered what drama fest I would get to read about after the PA warehouse raid thread closed, now I guess I have my answer.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

How do you know that? That seems like a pretty serious accusation.

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/cdps/sor/info-statutes.jsf

"An SVP's (sexually violent predator) victim must have been a stranger to the offender or a person the offender established a relationship with for the sole purpose of sexual victimization."

That's just not innocent contact and there has to have been made a risk assessment by the state that he was likely to repeat as an offender in order to be labeled an SVP (which he is). So yes, whatever he did exactly, it was very serious.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Brickshot:

So yes, whatever he did exactly, it was very serious.

MULTIPLE TIMES

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Those laws sound much more reasonable than most statutory laws I have heard about. It always seemed ridiculous to me that a Senior in high school and a sophomore in high school that are both consenting could be committing a crime. The 4 years older part gives some reason to it.

Not really. Still a completely arbitrary number. Especially the one saying they can't be more than 10 years older. Because being 11 years older just completely crosses the line and makes it rape!

#25 7 years ago

I found a photo of the guy who donated the $15 so far...

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago

Has anybody reported this to the police? It should be enough of a violation to get the guy put back in jail if he is guilty.

#27 7 years ago

Yes, the girl who runs Hyperspace filed a claim with the Lakewood Police dept.
    Apparantly Lonny stole photographs/video's from her arcade and posted them on his Go Fund Me, as well as some harassment and things like that.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I found a photo of the guy who donated the $15 so far...

He's actually a young kid/teenager who is defending him on Facebook and started the GoFundMe for him, read the KLOV thread, it shows the Facebook comments

Creepy as fuck.

Screenshot_3875 (resized).pngScreenshot_3875 (resized).png
    Screenshot_3876 (resized).pngScreenshot_3876 (resized).png
    Screenshot_3877 (resized).pngScreenshot_3877 (resized).png

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008924688024&fref=ts[att=3514854,853177

#30 7 years ago

oh wow thats sad

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Yes, the girl who runs Hyperspace filed a claim with the Lakewood Police dept.
    Apparantly Lonny stole photographs/video's from her arcade and posted them on his Go Fund Me, as well as some harassment and things like that.

That suuuuuucks. What a dickbag.

#32 7 years ago

I ended up messaging the person who created the GoFundMe/who was defending him on Facebook's relatives, two of them, out of concern. Kid looks 13. Fucked up.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Not really. Still a completely arbitrary number. Especially the one saying they can't be more than 10 years older. Because being 11 years older just completely crosses the line and makes it rape!

Yes really. It is better than most. In Illinois there still are no Romeo and Juliette protections for teens. It went up for debate a couple of years back and didn't pass. I'll take a much better arbitrary number than flagrantly stupid ones.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I ended up messaging the person who created the GoFundMe/who was defending him on Facebook's relatives, two of them, out of concern. Kid looks 13. Fucked up.

Just don't tell him you're 17.

#35 7 years ago

I only sent a very very kind note out warning them about who he is dealing with and got this in response

Screenshot_3878 (resized).pngScreenshot_3878 (resized).png

Perhaps I am an asshole (It turns out he's Lonny's 18 year old husband, see later posts)

Screenshot_3880 (resized).pngScreenshot_3880 (resized).png

#36 7 years ago

Yup, definitely an asshole.

#37 7 years ago

Meh, something about leaving an extremely kind note and just getting a dick response back (should have been expected I guess) rubbed me the wrong way. Oh well, such is life, but not going to lose sleep over being a bit of an asshole once back to this guy I will never talk to again or ever meet. All I can hope is it did some good if they didn't know. Not usually in my nature but what the hell.

Did my part, now I'm butting out and entering the "grab the popcorn" phase of all of this.

#38 7 years ago

As an adult, you have no business talking to a kid like that. I don't care what the circumstances are.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

As an adult, you have no business talking to a kid like that. I don't care what the circumstances are.

Apparently it's his legal-adult husband.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

Yup, definitely an asshole.

Quoted from nephasth:

Jesus this website is fucked up.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

We're probably in the same age range to be fair. Doesn't excuse what I said, but I'm certainly not a creep or some fucked up "don't talk to a kid like that" adult. If it makes him think twice about dealing with this guy, good.

Turns out he's Lonny's 18 year old husband anyways.

#43 7 years ago

What a sick bastard. Castration and solitary confinement for life should be the sentence. I never saw any harm in warning someone who may be vulnerable or at risk about a potential predator either, but to say nothing - I'd rather not have that on my conscious. Well done Otaku.

#44 7 years ago

First I've heard he's 18, and looks like that's still just a guess. All this talk about kids... Ugh. Stomach turns...

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

All this talk about kids... Ugh. Stomach turns...

I agree. It sucks that this situation even has to warrant that. I hope his permits get denied, we do not need this guy operating this kind of business.

Kind of makes me miss the drama of something as simple as that bulk buy "how do I sell?" thread. Pinball discussion ftw

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I agree. It sucks that this situation even has to warrant that. I hope his permits get denied, we do not need this guy operating this kind of business.
    Kind of makes me miss the drama of something as simple as that bulk buy "how do I sell?" thread. Pinball discussion ftw

Nobody needs that thread anymore...

interesting (resized).jpginteresting (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Nobody needs that thread anymore...

I'm still waiting for the next one, it's looming

The sequel we don't need nor deserve

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

We're probably in the same age range to be fair. Doesn't excuse what I said, but I'm certainly not a creep or some fucked up "don't talk to a kid like that" adult. If it makes him think twice about dealing with this guy, good.
    Turns out he's Lonny's 18 year old husband anyways.

Wait...what? I wonder how long was he grooming the kid to be his "husband"?

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wait...what? I wonder how long was he grooming the kid to be his "husband"?

Also where is any evidence of this relationship other than his posts about the arcade? I just went through a lot of the "kid's" facebook. There are several posts about the "arcade museum" and another arcade that opened somewhere in the area. He's definitely not as young as he looks; there's a video of he and his sister drinking beer in a limo. There's no Lonny Dawson anywhere, no pictures of him, they're not facebook friends.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fyimods-and-denver-area-people-please-read?hl=mkgoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.