Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ToucanF16
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201020-184710_Chrome (resized).jpg
    EE3331EA-0FA8-40E5-88D8-35543166DBCB (resized).jpeg
    CA1F1826-368B-4AA5-A555-AA31E62454BF (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

I had posted a wanted ad for a Future Spa backglass and received a message advertising a glass as mint as shown in photos. I asked the seller for photos and he sent several of the front. When asked if there was any peeling or damage he claimed there to be none. With the very clean front photos and his word; I accepted it as such. What I received was a ravaged backglass and a refusal from the seller to even communicate. Beware @pinaddict91. From the photos sent front side it looked fantastic and I asked him if there was any peeling or bubbling on the phone several times to which he claimed it was collector quality.

CA1F1826-368B-4AA5-A555-AA31E62454BF (resized).pngCA1F1826-368B-4AA5-A555-AA31E62454BF (resized).pngEE3331EA-0FA8-40E5-88D8-35543166DBCB (resized).jpegEE3331EA-0FA8-40E5-88D8-35543166DBCB (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Yikes

#3 3 years ago

Yup. I gave him plenty of options to make it right. He has ignored all messages requesting he make it right. It is truly worse than my original. I take some responsibility for not asking for read photos but the front looked absolutely pristine and when you get a first message describing as mint and even a phone call? I decided to take his word. Very disappointing and clearly knew it wasn’t as described.

#4 3 years ago

So many fucking lowlives in this hobby....

#5 3 years ago

I even paid a bit up on it, as it is a hard one to find. Some people.

#6 3 years ago

Pretty sure we've seen complaints about this seller before. Namely being notorious for apparently skirting around paying Pinside fees (which are miniscule) upon selling items.

Sorry, looks like you were Choggard.

#7 3 years ago

Maybe by perfect he meant perfect flaking? That sucks. What a scumbag.

#8 3 years ago

I wonder if it's the same one they posted when they had the full (?) game listed for sale, also said the BG was perfect but you can see in the crappy picture it's not. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-project-for-sale-

Be sure to leave negative feedback on their profile page, hopefully they'll have a change of heart and let you return it or work something out with you.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Pretty sure we've seen complaints about this seller before. Namely being notorious for apparently skirting around paying Pinside fees (which are miniscule) upon selling items.
    Sorry, looks like you were Choggard.

No negative feedback posted. I wish more people would use the negative feedback to let us know.

#10 3 years ago

Assuming you paid via paypal file a claim and get your money back.

#11 3 years ago

Please go to his profile and add negative feedback on the sale

#13 3 years ago

Negative feedback has been left and PayPal file claimed

#14 3 years ago

I can't believe he said that was a perfect BG

#15 3 years ago

And I take some blame for not asking to see the back, but c’mon. It looks pristine from the front and he clearly saw it was not

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So many fucking lowlives in this hobby....

I have been doing the pinball thing for several years now, and I still don't understand why this is the case. Maybe there are a lot more pinball people than I think who are trying to "serve two masters" by combining a hobby with a career, and they inevitably end up feeling pressure from the career side which ultimately prompts the scammy behavior? I don't know...

I do know that I have participated for much longer in R/C, astronomy, and music/audio hobbies, and the quantity of despicable people I have encountered and/or known about in those circles is almost nil in comparison.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

No negative feedback posted. I wish more people would use the negative feedback to let us know.

I was referring this thread for those interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abuse-of-marketplace#post-5336103

#18 3 years ago

Expect more of this type of behavior. Hard times bring out the worst in people, even when it is not in their best interests.

#19 3 years ago

From reading his ads, I kinda learned to avoid the guy.

#20 3 years ago

Looks like he deactivated his account, probably for the better.

#21 3 years ago

Hey OP, you should add the seller's name to your thread title for maximum visibility.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I wonder if it's the same one they posted when they had the full (?) game listed for sale, also said the BG was perfect but you can see in the crappy picture it's not. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-project-for-sale-
    Be sure to leave negative feedback on their profile page, hopefully they'll have a change of heart and let you return it or work something out with you.

Quickie rush job on aligning things, but there's no doubt about it.

https://i.imgur.com/4XH8Yw4.gif

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Malcate:

And I take some blame for not asking to see the back, but c’mon. It looks pristine from the front and he clearly saw it was no

Always check out sales and topic history. (Right away - you would have seen: This person was scum).

ALL ADS
    Active
    Archived

ARCHIVED ADS
    Games
    Parts

SUCCESS
    Sold
    Unsold <<< Either an idiot, or a liar. Either way ????

FEEDBACK SCORE
    Total
    Positive %

This guy was trying to hock crappy EM's for over $1,000 and people laughing at him.
    And..
    You also would have seen that he sold a Future Spa with an only OK backglass (claimed it was great), so whatever crummy spare he had lying around was what went to you.

Yes..a real scumbag.

#24 3 years ago

Added his name and PayPal to the top. Filed a PayPal claim/charge back dispute with my bank based on the messages he sent and him ceasing contact.

#25 3 years ago

Why your bank? Wouldn't you just file with Paypal directly? They take care of these things.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

...hopefully they'll have a change of heart...

I highly doubt it.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

If it is that one it also appears to be missing the plastic hologram gel that is supposed to be taped to the glass behind the games name. This is what causes the trippy hologram lighting effect in the font “Future Spa” on the glass.

#28 3 years ago

Oldie but a goodie. (In a negative sense)

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Why your bank? Wouldn't you just file with Paypal directly? They take care of these things.

You ever called PayPal? I had a thousand dollar charge on my CC from PP. After two hours of me answering questions and being on hold for over half it. They could not figure out who was at fault. I called my cc 5 minutes later the charge was disputed. The pal part is only when they are making money off of you.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

You ever called PayPal? I had a thousand dollar charge on my CC from PP. After two hours of me answering questions and being on hold for over half it. They could not figure out who was at fault. I called my cc 5 minutes later the charge was disputed. The pal part is only when they are making money off of you.

He would not have to call Paypal. I had an item from a vendor I ordered in June and it was never shipped. Vendor has not emailed me in 3 months. I filed a claim with paypal in 30 seconds online. He would file a case the same way and provide photos etc. No one to call.

Your case sounds like a mistake happened (mystery charge) and no one could figure out why. That is frustrating but you are comparing apples to oranges I think.

Plus, frankly, why wouldn't you take two swings at it? Dispute with Paypal and then if you do not get the right result you reserve the right to dispute with your card company later. Paypal terms of service (as of today) even permit this and reference it. "If you choose to dispute a transaction with PayPal and we decide against you, you can seek to pursue the dispute with your card issuer later." https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Oldie but a goodie. (In a negative sense)

This cracked me up too. I bought my first game from Choggard.

#32 3 years ago

When it comes to item condition PP is wishy washy. Your bank will generally look at the documentation you’ve sent and decide quickly. In my case?

•Messages misrepresenting item
    •Photos of item as it arrived
    •Seller not responding/attempting to fix the issue without the processors input.

Bank is the way to go. PayPal is hit or miss. If you want your money back: go to the bank and bring proof.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Malcate:

When it comes to item condition PP is wishy washy. Your bank will generally look at the documentation you’ve sent and decide quickly. In my case?
    •Messages misrepresenting item
    •Photos of item as it arrived
    •Seller not responding/attempting to fix the issue without the processors input.
    Bank is the way to go. PayPal is hit or miss. If you want your money back: go to the bank and bring proof.

Fair enough. I respect that position. Regardless of how you disputed it you certainly deserve your money back and I hope you get it quickly.

#34 3 years ago

Pity this hobby is a magnet for rip off artists
    A person ibe known for a few years calls me wanting to sell a dr pinball lcd screen set up though no harm in looking , turn up and was told it cost 1k to buy i told him thats bullshit he tried to tell me thays what he was told
    I pointed out the setup was missing the controller board another blank stare trying to make out he knew no better
    All said and done he sold it on a PINBALL forum here to a unsuspecting victim knowing full well it wasnt complete and hes the tip of the iceberg

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

He would not have to call Paypal. I had an item from a vendor I ordered in June and it was never shipped. Vendor has not emailed me in 3 months. I filed a claim with paypal in 30 seconds online. He would file a case the same way and provide photos etc. No one to call.
    Your case sounds like a mistake happened (mystery charge) and no one could figure out why. That is frustrating but you are comparing apples to oranges I think.
    Plus, frankly, why wouldn't you take two swings at it? Dispute with Paypal and then if you do not get the right result you reserve the right to dispute with your card company later. Paypal terms of service (as of today) even permit this and reference it. "If you choose to dispute a transaction with PayPal and we decide against you, you can seek to pursue the dispute with your card issuer later." https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#purchase-protection

You jibber jabber to much. I can call PayPal and get jerked off. Hmmm no thanks. I’ll just call my bank or cc. No wait you’re right! I’m going to look up the terms of agreement with my inspector gadget lens. Hmmm see how you are wrong mister PayPal. I got you right where I want you. Hmmmm see how smart I am. I could called my cc or my bank....but no. I am clever. I just wasted a shit load time to prove what?

#36 3 years ago

Calling paypal will only get you to message no help use the online dispute at this time . Dispute online recourse highly unstasfactory as well . Will respond to online dispute within 72 hours by paypal not met repeatedly . Yes will waste shitload time . However the eventual satisfaction not being ripped off somewhat gratifying.

Good luck Shane

#37 3 years ago

I am confused by some of the comments here. PAYPAL merchant transactions are guaranteed that you receive what you paid for. (Not Friends and Family). That guarantee is part of the transaction fee they charge. If you did not get what you paid for, then you have a valid claim with PAYPAL. It starts with an online claim process, and I have used it perhaps 6 or 7 times, each time with perfect results. The only issue I see here may be the quality of what was sold may be a subjective detail that requires a bit more explanation, but I don't see it being a problem.

https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/customer-disputes-claims-chargebacks-bank-reversals

Keep in mind that your credit card provider did not deal with the seller, they got a funds transaction from PAYPAL which they serviced. PAYPAL is essentially the middleman. A second transaction was between the SELLER and PAYPAL. So, many credit card issuers will require you to resolve this with PAYPAL, since it is a seller issue, which PAYPAL transacted with

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

This cracked me up too. I bought my first game from Choggard.

But there’s an entertaining story there!

1 week later
    #40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think he’s back and he’s selling again!

Uh oh, busted?

Screenshot_20201020-184710_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201020-184710_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #41 3 years ago

Illicit Eager Beaver sale? Hard to believe o-din's not involved somehow ...

#42 3 years ago

The guy’s got balls!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fyi-bad-seller?hl=malcate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.