Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

New style of event I have been thinking about for a while and decided to try out.

All info on the madison pinball website

http://www.madisonpinball.com/#!fwtg-dec-event/cmw2

It should be going up on IFPA in a few days. Wanted to share it here first.

Event will run from 01 Dec to 31 Dec.

Let me know if you have questions or I can make something more clear. This is a bit different than anything I have done before.

Flippin’ with the greats Fundraiser – December 2014

Madison Pinball has decided to run a full sanctioned IFPA event in December 2014 to help support the Flippin’ With the Greats Charity fundraiser campaign. Event is worth full WPPR points.

What: Month long tournament in partner with IFPA and their charity of choice for December, FWTG.

When: Dec 1 – Dec 31 at 11:59pm

Where: Pooley’s (5441 High Crossing Boulevard, Madison, WI 53590)

AND

Schwoegler’s (444 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI 53719)

Cost: ($30 donation to FWTG charity>see website for info, coin drop to play at locations)

Why: For fun! (each participant receives a FWTG Medallion for participating, winner can go to the national FWTG Grand Final for a chance to compete for a new Stern Pinball!) WPPR points for all!

Brief Description: This is a slightly different format and something new we wanted to try. Best score format on 7 total games (plus 1 game for side event) with unlimited attempts between Dec 01 2014 and Dec 31st 2014 at midnight. Players track their own scores, document best scores with photos, and submit all best scores by the end of the event.

all details available at http://www.madisonpinball.com/#!fwtg-dec-event/cmw2

#2 9 years ago

I'll be in Wisconsin Mid December and will definatlly give this a go

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from fna_royam:

I'll be in Wisconsin Mid December and will definatlly give this a go

Great and thanks for the support. Be sure to sign up in advance of when you plan to play. It may take me a day or so to respond to any registrations with player info, so better to plan slightly ahead so you can get the details before you arrive.

#4 9 years ago

14 people signed up now

#5 9 years ago

Is anybody going to post score board scores here, or is it bad form? Doesn't really matter I suppose, but just curious what kind of scores are out there so far...if any.

Judge Smails: Ty, what did you shoot today?
    Ty Webb: Oh, Judge, I don't keep score.
    Judge Smails: Then how do you measure yourself with other golfers?
    Ty Webb: By height.

#6 9 years ago

Hey Dru,

We have a photo dump thread for bragging and talking smack on the local WIpinball forum. Uploading photos to the thread is not required but thought it would be a fun way to share with each other. The pink cards I put out today have a QR scan code also which will link you right to that thread.

I don't have a smart phone, but know that others do and the QRcode is an easy way to get to the forum thread real quick

http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=426

#7 9 years ago

That's what I was looking for.....Thanks.

#8 9 years ago

An update for those thinking about registering: Please be registered by Dec 28th at latest. This allows me to have a final player count and get info off to the FWTG charity so they have numbers and can mail me prizes.

Play still continues through the 31st, just need to be officially registered by then.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheDru:

Is anybody going to post score board scores here, or is it bad form?

Since when are you worried about bad form DRU?...You're the KING of bad form!!

I'm thinking of joining in on this so I can kick Dru's ass! Now I just gotta convince my cell phone company that I'm smart enough to own a smart phone!! If not, I'll have to dust off the scanner so I can post polaroid pix of my scores!

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Since when are you worried about bad form DRU?...You're the KING of bad form!!
    I'm thinking of joining in on this so I can kick Dru's ass! Now I just gotta convince my cell phone company that I'm smart enough to own a smart phone!! If not, I'll have to dust off the scanner so I can post polaroid pix of my scores!

You should definately get in on this Tully! Would be great to see some scanned images of polaroid scores! LOL.

I don't have a smart phone but just take photos with the digital point and shoot to upload/sumbit and there are a few other ludite types doing the same.

#11 9 years ago

16 people signed up now.

Where are all the MKE guys? I thought some of them would want to head over and compete.

#12 9 years ago

Bump for eyes.

Still plenty of time to get signed up and get some points towards IFPA and WI SCS.

Get in while the gettin is good.

1 week later
    #13 9 years ago

19 people signed up now. Still plenty of time to get in. Win this event and the side tourney and you will likely qualify for the WI SCS.

Win this event and you get to go to vegas to compete with the big dogs for a chance to win a new Stern game.

Don't win and you still will have a blast and likely meet lots of other local location players.

2 weeks later
    #14 9 years ago

dont' forget to turn in your scores by the ball drop CST today.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fwtg-madison-wi-december-tournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.