(Topic ID: 182971)

Future Spa - No Solenoids Except Knocker/Coin Relay?

By Collin

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Collin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

OK, guys, I'm a bit stumped on this one.

I have 43V at TP5 on the rectifier board.
I have 5V at TP3 on the driver board
All fuses are good, including the under-the-playfield fuse and F4 on the rectifier board.

Not only am I missing all playfield solenoids, I'm missing flippers as well.

I do not have power at the flippers or the first few other solenoids I checked.

Per Barakandl's instruction, I repinned J3 on both the MPU and driver board.

#2 7 years ago

If you have 43 volts at TP5 of the rectifier board and all of your fuses are good, your problem is likely with the connectors on the rectifier board. On the rectifier board, J2 pin 2 takes 43 volts to the cabinet (knocker and coin door lockout coil). This appears to be okay on your game. However, on the rectifier board, J1 pin 6 takes 43 volts to the playfield solenoids. Also, on the rectifier board, J3 pin 9 and pin 13 takes the 43 volts to the backbox (for the flipper relay). Make sure you have 43 volts on the rectifier board at J1 pin 6 and J3 pins 9 and 13. Then make sure the 43 volts from those rectifier board connector pins is making its way to the solenoids on the playfield and to the backbox.

#3 7 years ago

The fuseholder next to the flippers could be bad.

Check solenoid voltage at the connectors on rectifier board.

#4 7 years ago

You guys rule! It turns out I had a couple cold solder joints on J3 (particularly at pin 9)

I'll need to actually replace that connector in the long run, but for now I was able to get it working again

2 weeks later
#5 7 years ago

Still looking for one of these games. Ha ha. Should have bought that one years ago for $150. Lol

#6 7 years ago

My issue ended up being messed up through-holes and related piss-poor solder joints on the rectifier board, for future reference.

Quoted from mikep28:

Still looking for one of these games. Ha ha. Should have bought that one years ago for $150. Lol

I feel ya. My first one was a presumed-dead, thrashed $150 project. My second was less ugly, but the MPU was garbage and it had numerous connector and lamp issues; thankfully, I finally got it going 100% thanks to the above Pinsiders (or 98% - still have a couple lamps out, I guess.)
If you ever pass through Columbus, you're welcome to pay mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-no-solenoids-except-knockercoin-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.