Tp5 43v

My mpu board
Tp1 0v
Tp2. .4v
Tp3 22v
Tp4
Tp5 0v

#2 5 years ago

probably bad 12v connectors between the rectifier board and top right plug on driver board

#3 5 years ago

What do driver board test points read?

#4 5 years ago

Driver board
Tp1. 0v
Tp2 167v
Tp3. 0v
Tp4. 254v
Tp5. .5v

#5 5 years ago

As barakandl says then, the 12V isn't getting from the rectifier to the driver board to be regulated down to 5V.

#6 5 years ago

Any idea what pin it comes in on ? On the driver board? And what pin it comes out of on rectifier board?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from U-lmn:

Any idea what pin it comes in on ? On the driver board? And what pin it comes out of on rectifier board?

it usually a 12v return orange wire that burns.

get the manual out. wire diagram page. repin the top right driver plug and and the 20 pin rectifier plug. If the 12v return connector is toasted, the others probably need attention too. Check the male pins too for broken solder joints or tarnish/burning.

go to pinwiki. see ground mods for driver board.

#8 5 years ago

I have 10.9v on the orange wire
J3 pin 12

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from U-lmn:

I have 10.9v on the orange wire
J3 pin 12

the orange wire is the isolated 12v return so it should be at 0v. sounds like it is floating.

do the pinwiki ground mod and rebuild your plugs. If the female side burned, the male side needs replaced too. The male pins can have cracked solder joints.

#10 5 years ago

Your 5v power supply on the SD board is not functioning. 12v unregulated in, 5v DC out. Fix that first. Pull the schematic. Check the connectors for open solder connections on the pins. If the large capacitors are original replace them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-mpu-no-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.