dbb44982e231efc5df9dce55787f4b1b04ea439b (resized).jpg
6C096C9E-1EEA-4830-9CCE-643A87357CD4 (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
After.png
Before.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 9.12.29 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 9.19.40 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 9.19.10 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

You live in CA, while I like the idea of keeping it up and out of the way, one decent shaker and that BG is toast. Can you find another spot for it?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I thought that would be the best route. I've never dealt with sockets that were soldered to that exposed braid (and the screws holding them in) before...Do folks ever just flat out replace the braid with shielded wire?

Ah. You raise a good point. I pretty much live right above the San Andreas fault. If there is a big shaker, I might have bigger problems. I thought about putting it under a bed, but we have heated floors and I don't want to damage the paint. I thought about the garage, but we have wild temperature swings (45 to 75) and I can't imagine that's good for the glass, either. I could just man up and put it under my other pinball machines! Open to suggestions, of course. Maybe I could put some gaffers tape on it to brace it somewhat in case of a big earthquake!?

I think under the pinball machine sounds safer then up top, but packing it up and then gaffe tape isn’t a bad idea...

1 week later
#16 6 years ago

Who is going to restore the playfield?

#18 6 years ago

HSA is no longer taking playfields. This is his last year and he is no longer accepting work. That’s kind of why I asked...

HEP is great; I would see if he’s willing to take it on.

5 months later
#158 5 years ago

You guys are doing a great job. Really enjoying seeing the progress.

Marc

1 week later
#195 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You know, vid1900, I don't know who you are, or where you're from, what secret agency you work for, but you never fail at cracking me the f' up.

International man of mystery.

1 month later
#341 5 years ago

Could you jumper the non working lamps and start back at the connector and continue to jumper until you find where it stops working? You could binary search and make it a little faster

1 week later
#368 5 years ago

Wow! That looks amazing!

1 week later
#395 5 years ago

This thread is fascinating. Not only are restorations or this quality always fun to watch, but the debugging and thought process here is really incredible.

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Thank you for saying that! It’s really all about my son and I bonding over this process. Today is the day we bring this machine from our garage to our home, after ten months of work. It really brings me to tears! Just a couple more things to work out.

There is something about craft that stands the test of time. You’ve made something that you’ll be proud of for years to come. In a world where things change so rapidly, it’s nice to have things that are more monumental and lasting.

#410 5 years ago

Way to go!

What’s the next restoration candidate?

2 weeks later
#563 5 years ago

This thread is fantastic. What an education.

#609 5 years ago

Oh my god

#644 5 years ago

This has got to be one of the most satisfying threads I have ever seen on Pinside. What a journey.

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Wow, what a most unique problem. Your oscilloscope was invaluable in diagnosing this..

Actually, you were.

#668 5 years ago

Which isolation transformer did you use?

#670 5 years ago

That’s the one I have!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/future-spa-father-and-sons-second-restoration?tu=pintechev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.